Tendo City
Guess who's posting at GAF now - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Guess who's posting at GAF now (/showthread.php?tid=3002)

Pages: 1 2

Guess who's posting at GAF now - Smoke - 13th June 2005

Guess who's posting at GAF now

From this thread about comics.

Guess who's posting at GAF now - Great Rumbler - 13th June 2005

*Gasp!* OB1 is still posting at forums on the internet?!

Eek

I'm SHOCKED!!

Guess who's posting at GAF now - EdenMaster - 13th June 2005

Heh, lets see if he acts there like he did here and see how long they tolerate it.

Lol

Guess who's posting at GAF now - Smoke - 13th June 2005

I'm not surprised that he's posting at GAF. But they aren't a very Nintendo friendly forum.

Guess who's posting at GAF now - Dark Jaguar - 13th June 2005

Well from what I can tell he's acting pretty civil.

You guys are sure worried about OB1. I wonder why? ;)

Guess who's posting at GAF now - Weltall - 13th June 2005

Dunno.

In all honesty, I'm as active now as I ever was. There are a lot fewer posts now, but read and post as often as I did then. Now I don't have to wonder which ones are legitimate discussions and which ones were Toaster/Falcon/Toaster/Falcon/Toaster/Falcon/Toaster/Falcon.

I don't post very much here anymore.

Yeah ya do :D. You're still cool.

And regarding OB1, we never wanted him gone, just to change.

Guess who's posting at GAF now - A Black Falcon - 13th June 2005

I definitely wish the forum was more active, it's boring now... there are like 60-75% fewer posts so I can't spend nearly as much time here, and that's too bad. I'd like to. :(

Sure, the lack of hostility is nice, but ... it's kind of dull with so few posts!

I can see that for you it would be a major noticable change. I myself did a lot of skimming during those arguments though, so it's not nearly as noticable for me in that sense.

Sadly, I don't think the 75% figure is much of an exaggeration... and yeah, it might just be GR and me who care, but I do.

TC just isn't as fun as it used to be.

I don't mind losing some of the "fun" you and OB1 had, but I do mind losing so much of the content...

Guess who's posting at GAF now - lazyfatbum - 13th June 2005

The content that OB1 posted, a side from the abnormal 5 page arguments over nothing or the one-line posts, was just blogs from news sites.

Anyway, I'm perfectly happy where I'm posting at now.

Guess who's posting at GAF now - EdenMaster - 13th June 2005

I visit just as often as I did before, and I'd honestly like to be around more than I am. My days just don't seem to accomodate time to come here as much anymore.

Although, I will agree that while OB1's departure has definitely made the number of posts here drop off, but at the same time, I never read many of the endless debates he had, so really, the only thing that I miss is the occassional news article he found on another site and posted.

Guess who's posting at GAF now - Laser Link - 14th June 2005

Quote:TC just isn't as fun as it used to be

You mean back in 99, right?

Guess who's posting at GAF now - Great Rumbler - 14th June 2005

Well, I wasn't here in 99, but 2000 was a lot of fun.

Guess who's posting at GAF now - Weltall - 14th June 2005

2000 was a lot of fun, though I really hated when Ramble City got closed.

Guess who's posting at GAF now - geoboy - 14th June 2005

I completely agree that TC isn't as fun as it used to be. I've been thinking of ways to make this place more fun and interesting, but I'm not sure if anyone would be all gun-ho for my suggestions. Right now Tendo City has no focus. Its main site is dead. All we are is a message board of old members. Our membership hardly grows. And when it does, the newbies usually leave after a month because they have no reason to stay. But us old farts stick around for whatever reason. A lot of steps would need to be taken to revitalize this place. But I dunno if it's all worth it... most of us don't even have the time or want to make time to breathe life back into this place.

Guess who's posting at GAF now - A Black Falcon - 14th June 2005

For people like you who post like once a month, sure it's no worse... but there's a huge change for the few of us who actually did post a lot.

The rest of your post is quite accurate, however. :) And I agree, we need to do SOMETHING... I'm not saying TC is dying (like OB1 did when he left, saying it would die without him... it won't, it'll just be like this...), but I am saying that it's not nearly as popular (or successful) as it could (or should) be. And it's not.

Really, though, the main problem is finding some way of getting a source of new members... the only way I can think of is being linked by a big site, and that's not exactly easy I think. Which is why we haven't done anything on the matter, I believe...

Guess who's posting at GAF now - Great Rumbler - 14th June 2005

I think most of us don't really want to put in the effort that it would take to do the things to get a bunch of new members.

Quote:For people like you who post like once a month, sure it's no worse... but there's a huge change for the few of us who actually did post a lot.

That's exactly what I've been talking about, but it doesn't really bother me as much as it did. I've moved on, for the most part, from TC and now I'm quite happy where I'm at. It's a great forum with a lot of diversity, but a low amount of dumb newbies. It's not TC, but it's good enough.

Guess who's posting at GAF now - EdenMaster - 14th June 2005

Linking up with a more popular site would indeed be a good source of new members, but it's difficult since, as geoboy pointed out, we have nothing to offer. Let's face it, the only reason each and every one of us is still here is because we all know each other and we're sentimental. Such makes it very hard for new people to integrate with us (though deanna did well).

As sad as it is, I'm not sure what, if anything, can be done to revitalize this place.

Quote:Linking up with a more popular site would indeed be a good source of new members, but it's difficult since, as geoboy pointed out, we have nothing to offer. Let's face it, the only reason each and every one of us is still here is because we all know each other and we're sentimental. Such makes it very hard for new people to integrate with us (though deanna did well).

True. That's why the only hope would be a permanant (or at least long-lasting) link, not just a one-time thing, and that's even harder to do... especially with us not really having anything to offer... so yeah, I don't see much of a chance of it happening. But it sure would be great if it could...

Guess who's posting at GAF now - Dark Jaguar - 14th June 2005

From what I can see GR still posts here. So GR, what is this new place you have become a regular at?

It's the mystery forum that OB1 told GR to go to after he left here... I don't think it's a videogames forum, though, if they were telling the truth.

Guess who's posting at GAF now - Weltall - 14th June 2005

In all honestly there is another forum that I'm more active in.

But this place is still my baby.

Unfortunately, it's populated by people who are getting older, and we all have a lot going on in life. Four years ago I had all the time in the world to play with TC, but by necessity now I cannot.

It really is a catch 22. I really hate the idea of TC not being here, as I said, it's my baby, come hell or high water. But if people aren't interested in being here, what's the point? I guess if we really do care about keeping it alive, we're going to have to work as a team. If not, it's going to stagnate and eventually just fade away.

Guess who's posting at GAF now - Smoke - 14th June 2005

It's better to burn out than to fade away.

There can be only one!

Guess who's posting at GAF now - Dark Jaguar - 15th June 2005

I'm not sure I get your meaning there. Aren't they both the same thing?

Guess who's posting at GAF now - A Black Falcon - 15th June 2005

I don't want TC to go away, I want to do something to make it do better... :)

Because yeah, coasting with the same group we have now will work, on a level, but it'll never lead to more success, much more posting, or anything like that, and some people will gradually drift away and not really be replaced...

I guess the question is, can anyone think of something concrete that we could do?

Guess who's posting at GAF now - Great Rumbler - 15th June 2005

Quote:From what I can see GR still posts here. So GR, what is this new place you have become a regular at?

It's a secret!! You guys probably wouldn't like it much anyway, given that you've shown little to no interest in the subject matter that it covers the most.

Quote:I'm not sure I get your meaning there. Aren't they both the same thing?

Not at all. Burning out is when you have one last bright flare and then you're gone, fading away is when you slowly burn dimmer and dimmer. Lot of difference there.

But most things that burn out don't have one last bright flare. They do just get dimmer and dimmer until poof. Not in a bang, but in a wimper do most things vanish, like the UNIVERSE for example.

Not rock bands though. That line came from a rock-n'-roll song.

That may be, but most bands I know of DO die in a wimper. :D

Destiny's Child just did a big tour that was really popular. After it was over they announced that they were breaking up. Going out with a bang, I suppose. Not that I've ever listened to any of their music or ever wanted to.

Well, choosing to off yourself when you are still popular certainly would apply... But, had they kept going, I'm fairly certain they would fizzle out. Maybe that's what you were talking about anyway, knowing when to throw in the towel. I thought it was more along the lines of sticking around as long as possible via flamboyant thnickas.

Oh hey, so and face, tell us your ideas even if you think they won't be accepted. Now I'm intrigu..ed.

Guess who's posting at GAF now - EdenMaster - 15th June 2005

Great Rumbler Wrote:It's a secret!! You guys probably wouldn't like it much anyway, given that you've shown little to no interest in the subject matter that it covers the most.

I'm guessing anime, right?

Ryan's right. Had we the time we'd all be here more often, but we're all much older than when we were when we joined and were more active posters. We've got more going on in our lives and it's not as easy to come here on a regular basis as it was before.

But man...the thought of TendoCity being gone...it's honestly depressing. This place and everyone here has been a part of our lives for years, and the day TendoCity dies is a sad one indeed.

Quote:I'm guessing anime, right?

No, although I do frequent an anime forum at times.

Guess who's posting at GAF now - A Black Falcon - 15th June 2005

Quote:It's a secret!! You guys probably wouldn't like it much anyway, given that you've shown little to no interest in the subject matter that it covers the most.

The fact you both say this is why I think it's an asian cinema board...

Quote:Ryan's right. Had we the time we'd all be here more often, but we're all much older than when we were when we joined and were more active posters. We've got more going on in our lives and it's not as easy to come here on a regular basis as it was before.

But man...the thought of TendoCity being gone...it's honestly depressing. This place and everyone here has been a part of our lives for years, and the day TendoCity dies is a sad one indeed.

But no one (me included) can think of anything that would help our forum do better... we should think about it, though.

Guess who's posting at GAF now - UltraMarioMan - 16th June 2005

Break Dance contest?

Guess who's posting at GAF now - Great Rumbler - 16th June 2005

Pie eating contest!

Guess who's posting at GAF now - UltraMarioMan - 16th June 2005

You win this time GR!

Guess who's posting at GAF now - A Black Falcon - 16th June 2005

Unless he passes out first...

Passes out from what?

Guess who's posting at GAF now - A Black Falcon - 16th June 2005

Eating too much of course...

Bah! That would never happen! I am the champion of eating!!

Guess who's posting at GAF now - Weltall - 16th June 2005

And the master of unlocking!

You know it! Give me a lock and I'll unlock it with a key!!