Tendo City
Fantasy Baseball!!!! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Fantasy Baseball!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=298)

Pages: 1 2 3

Fantasy Baseball!!!! - Laser Link - 21st April 2003

I'm back! I had a really fun time even though it rained a lot everyday. I didn't get to see any games there, but the Reds were staying at out hotel. I saw Ryan Dempster twice (rode down the elevator with him once) and there were a few other players who I saw at different times. It was pretty cool, even though I didn't recognize them. I wish I followed baseball like I used to. I can understand why the players would get pretty anti-social because the entire time the Reds were in San Juan there were kids waiting at the elevator for autographs. They even asked me for one! So I can imagine it getting old fast, but they were all still really nice to the kids.

Fantasy Baseball!!!! - Fittisize - 21st April 2003

Did you give them any autographs?

Fantasy Baseball!!!! - Laser Link - 22nd April 2003

No, but I should have offered for $20. :D

Fantasy Baseball!!!! - A Black Falcon - 24th April 2003

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

STUPID RED SOX!!!

er.... uh, I hate the Red Sox pitching staff? Lets see... in today's game, Derek Lowe gave up 7 runs in 2+ innings, then Tolar gave up 5, Woodard 3, and Mendoza 1... to make the score 16-5 now. In the 7th inning.

Now, if this were one game thats one thing... but the Sox bullpen has been SO SHAKY! They have a good game or two then blow it again... only good starters (and lots of runs) have saved them so far, and that is ... struggling ...

Fantasy Baseball!!!! - The Former DMiller - 24th April 2003

I'd complain about the Cubs, but as long as they are in first place I have nothing to complain about.

A scary stat for Cubs fans: The Cubs haven't won this many games in April since the 1969 season. And any Cubs fan, and most baseball fans, will remember the horrible collapse that Cubs team had.

Fantasy Baseball!!!! - Fittisize - 25th April 2003

Expos are tied for first in NL East, and they've only played one game in Montreal. :p

Fantasy Baseball!!!! - Laser Link - 25th April 2003

I would complain about the Padres, but they are doing better than 7 other teams. It's not like having the first draft pick really means all that much in baseball, so Detroit can have that.

Stat of the Day: After winning 2 days ago, Detroit's record climbed to 2-18. That puts them on pace to win 16 games this year, which would be really good for a football team. But it's better than before they won that second game, when they were on pace for 9 wins. That wouldn't be good even for a football team. But don't feel too bad Tiger fans, football season is only 4 months away. Go Lions? Well, I guess there is always hockey- oops, never mind. Um, okay, maybe it's all about the Pistons. But here's some good news, your WNBA team just drafted Karl Malone's daughter.

It sucks to be a Detroit sports fan right now.

Fantasy Baseball!!!! - A Black Falcon - 25th April 2003

Not as bad as it is being a Boston sports fan... the ONLY championship any of the Boston teams has won since the Celtics' last NBA win in the mid to late '80s was the Patriots in '01... that is over a decade where none of the teams won anything...

Fantasy Baseball!!!! - A Black Falcon - 27th April 2003

Wow. Amazing!

http://www.mlb.com

Note that the Marlins-Cardinals game is now in the TWENTIETH inning... after the Marlins got 5 runs in the bottom of the ninth to tie it at 6... and its still tied at 6 11 innings later... I can't remember the last time a game was this long.

Fantasy Baseball!!!! - OB1 - 27th April 2003

So what is fantasy baseball, anyhow? Is it like D&D for sports geeks?

Fantasy Baseball!!!! - Laser Link - 28th April 2003

Quote:Not as bad as it is being a Boston sports fan... the ONLY championship any of the Boston teams has won since the Celtics' last NBA win in the mid to late '80s was the Patriots in '01... that is over a decade where none of the teams won anything...

That is the most bogus thing ever! Do you know how many teams have NEVER won anything? Never even been to a championship game? I am so sick of hearing about the poor Boston fans because they haven't had a championship in 6 months. The only people who think that are Boston fans who would rather complain about the past than enjoy how good their teams are. Do you realize that in 40+ years the Chargers have only been to the Super Bowl once and the Padres have been to the World Series twice. They are a combined 0-9. And I would never think of saying that San Diego fans have it worst.

Fantasy Baseball!!!! - Fittisize - 28th April 2003

Yeah...just look at all the ex-Expos out there that are all-stars right now. I say Expo fans have it the worst. :( But not nowadays!

Fantasy Baseball!!!! - A Black Falcon - 28th April 2003

Well until the Patriots won Boston hadn't won in almost 15 years... I think the last Celtics championship was '86. Maybe later, but I'm not so sure... 15 years is a long time... especially when you've got a team in all of the major sports...

That's the Celtics, Bruins, Red Sox, Patriots, and (if they count... :) ) the Revolution.

And the Red Sox are 0-4 since 1919 in the World Series. As you must know.

Sure, though, lots of towns have it bad... especially one pro team towns that have a bad team... but for baseball, the only town with a legitimate claim on 'worse' is of course Chicago. :)

Detroit sure is a crappy town for sports, too. The Red Wings are there only good team, and the Pistons did alright this year I guess. But the Tigers? Ha! Toronto, also is a good city for sports, as well as Edmonton (stellar NHL team that comes up short every year, the best AAA farm team for many years in a row, and an excellent CFL team). And...used to be Montreal.

Montreal will soon be hockey-only... the people there just don't care about baseball, especially in that awful stadium.

Detroit? Yeah, they have a bunch of bad teams right now, but I'm hardly feeling sorry for them after how great the Bulls were for a while...

Yeah...many seats in the Olympic Stadium dont' even face the baseball field. That's because it wasn't even made for baseball.

So if the Expos would have won the Series in '93 (and they were en route) do you think that they would have generated more revenue from ticket sales? Damn strike...had to give up all of their greats. But maybe if they would have at least made it to the playoffs people in Montreal would have become far more interested in the 'Spos. In Toronto, the two years that they won the World Series they sold out the gigantic Skydome every single game (or nearly) and Toronto is a hockey time. It's weird seeing clips of the Series in Toronto and seeing the Skydome actually sold out...

'94. And its one of the big questions of modern baseball... would the Expos have won? They sure were doing very well... so its just their luck that the best season in their history was wiped out. Poor Expos... I bet in a new, decent stadium they wouldn't be having to move but no one in Montreal wants to pay for one...

Fantasy Baseball!!!! - The Former DMiller - 28th April 2003

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
Detroit? Yeah, they have a bunch of bad teams right now, but I'm hardly feeling sorry for them after how great the Bulls were for a while...

Dang, the Bulls were in Detroit during those championship years? I thought they were a Chicago team. Stupid me. ;)

My bad there, ABF. '94 it was.

I was talking about Chicago too

Fantasy Baseball!!!! - A Black Falcon - 30th April 2003

On a already mentioned note... the Tigers are 3-21. Three and 21. Uhh... season loss record, here we come?

Oh, and the Red Sox bullpen continues to give everyone who cares nightly heart attacks... today it was 2 runs given up in the top of the 9th in a tie game... it took 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th (helped by 3 hit batters) to win it...