Tendo City
Xenosaga! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Xenosaga! (/showthread.php?tid=296)

Pages: 1 2

Xenosaga! - Dark Jaguar - 27th February 2003

yep

*drinks milk*

Xenosaga! - OB1 - 27th February 2003

So how 'bout them Yankees?

*urinates on floor*

*knows nothing about football*

Yep

*drinks all new vanilla milk, it's like drinking a big tub of melted ice cream, but more milky and more vanillay*

Huh.

*drinks milk from a woman's breast*

That's actually a poster for the new got milk campaign... That balloon hidden back there is still cow's milk, but it's been sitting in the sun for like 3 days straight. Eh, milk's all good. *drinks chunky milk* It's like drinking a shake, only no one else is gonna bogart it!

really?

Nobody is going to bogart it?

Xenosaga! - Great Rumbler - 27th February 2003

What chunky milk!! My dream is finally coming true! And that vision is that all children in the world will be able to enjoy the wonders and intricate tastes of chunky milk! I predict there to be a carton of chunky milk in every child's hand by the end of the decade!

You should read the comic book "Milk and Cheese" by Evan Dorkin. Hilarious stuff.

Xenosaga! - OB1 - 3rd March 2003

Alright I had a chance to play Xenosaga on saturday and I'm about six hours into the game. What do I think of it? I like it. I like it enough to keep it. And I enjoy the battle system even more than FFX's, which is saying a lot for me.

I am worried about one thing though: Do you spend the entire game in space ships and stations? All of areas I've been to so far have been so... bland, in a 2001 sort of way. I miss the variety of locals from Xenogears.

Xenosaga! - Dark Jaguar - 3rd March 2003

So far all I've been is space stations and such too, but they do get a lot different and more colorful, especially when you dock with one specific colony that looks like a delicious onion blossom.

Xenosaga! - OB1 - 3rd March 2003

Ok, that's good to hear.

Xenosaga! - Dark Jaguar - 4th March 2003

I'll try not to spoil much but there is a beautiful forest area in the game, which I am in. So deep a game, why where else could I chase a white rabbit?

Xenosaga! - Great Rumbler - 9th March 2003

Woooooo!!! I finally got Xenosaga! And while I've only played for 30 minutes so far, it's pretty fun!!

Xenosaga! - Dark Jaguar - 12th March 2003

My friend has just beaten Xenosaga. It is apparently quite a short game....

Nuts....

Oh well, I'll enjoy the ride, which seems to have one more thing similar to a roller coaster.

Xenosaga! - Great Rumbler - 13th March 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Dark Jaguar
My friend has just beaten Xenosaga. It is apparently quite a short game....

Or he has no life and plays videogames all the time.

I've heard Xenosaga is supposed to be around 20-30 hours not counting cut-scenes.

Xenosaga! - Dark Jaguar - 13th March 2003

This person tells me there is just one more area after the area I'm at, which tells me it's a rather short game but tells you nothing since you have no idea where I'm at.

I wish we had the soapbox smily here...

Anyway, time for a rant! Why is it that putting emotion in one's voice seems to be the ONLY thing people respect about acting these days? Do people have to emote EVERY LAST WORD they say? How does that make something MORE realistic? I find it more realistic when people only put emotion in a few important things they say, and sometimes unimportant stuff for jokes. That's reality. Look at Home Movies, that's hilarious because people talk with almost no emotion and it ends up sounding just like real life, sad but true as it is.

I went on this rant because there are morons complaining about the android in this game's voice acting. They say it's about as stale as it gets. IT IS AN ANDROID YOU IDIOT! NO EMOTIONS!

Xenosaga! - Sacred Jellybean - 13th March 2003

I find Home Movies to be extremely painful to watch for the same reason. It's the same as that Dr. Katz show... very dry humor. :hammer:

Hmm... I see. So I say something here

yeah

Putting my thoughts on the line, for all to see

yeah

And well, well ya go and shread them apart.

mmhmm

Well...

well...

Well what I'm saying is, well, that was kinda rude...

Xenosaga! - OB1 - 13th March 2003

I like Home Movies. Not as much as Sealab, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, SGCTC, Ripping Friends, or even the Brak Show, but I still like it.

Xenosaga! - Dark Jaguar - 15th March 2003

Agreed.

Dry humor is nice in between my fave kind of humor. It's just hilarious how in control of bodily functions those guys are, like actually being able to control what you say is physically possible...

Xenosaga! - OB1 - 19th April 2003

What?

Xenosaga! - Sacred Jellybean - 19th April 2003

I think another thing that makes Home Movies so hard to watch is the animation... it's so god damned ugly. The dry humor can actually be funny sometimes, but that animation... dear GOD. It makes my head hurt, and I want to vomit all over my television screen to paint a better picture than those god damn animators could.

Yeah, I know it's intentional, but still... so ugly and distracting.

Xenosaga! - A Black Falcon - 21st April 2003

Just going to say the game has a nice soundtrack... I've got it in mp3 form.

Xenosaga! - Dark Jaguar - 23rd April 2003

Yeah it's too bad you almost never hear it... Really, you spend a lot of time running around in silence.

SJ, Home Movies is SUPPOSED to look terrible. It's like South Park that way.