Tendo City
Cowboy Bebop - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Cowboy Bebop (/showthread.php?tid=291)

Cowboy Bebop - Weltall - 17th February 2003

Anyone into Cowboy Bebop?

I got the soundtracks, all of them, and they're friggin awesome. So I decided to start getting the episodes as well. I've only seen one so far but I can safely say I'm hooked.

There are only 24, correct?

Cowboy Bebop - Dark Jaguar - 17th February 2003

Yep, that's it. It's a pretty nice series despite me not liking shows with a general lack of continuity. However, at least it has some, and it has an actual ending unlike some shows with their "pseudo endings".

Cowboy Bebop - Great Rumbler - 17th February 2003

Cowboy Bebop is really awesome series and the movie is pretty good too. Incidentally the movie coming out here in March, so go see it if you can!

Cowboy Bebop - OB1 - 17th February 2003

What are you taling about, DJ? There is too continuity in Bebop. Just because it's not just one big twelve-hour long movies doesn't mean that there's no continuity. Several of the episodes can be enjoyed by themselves, but there is an overall storyarch throughout the series. Personally it's me favorite animated series by far. It has great style, great animation, great characters, and great stories. It can be very light-hearted and very serious. what more could you want?

Sure if that's how you view it it's all good, but maybe I just don't like that series too much. It's nice, but really a lot of those lines seem so.... efforty. No one can come up with one liners so instantly, which has always been my beef about action stuff.

Cowboy Bebop - OB1 - 17th February 2003

Erm

*slowly backs away, one step at a time*

Cowboy Bebop - Great Rumbler - 17th February 2003

Just keeping nodding your head. When he looks away start running.

Apparently no one is allowed to think of Cowboy Bebop as merely "good"...

Cowboy Bebop - A Black Falcon - 17th February 2003

I saw an ep on Cartoon Network last month... it seemed pretty good. A lot more like sci-fi shows than most anime... which is good. I love scifi shows... I haven't watched any more, though. I will... its available (fansubbed) on the campus network but I haven't gotten around to downloading it yet... given that all 24 eps are a total of 5.5GB, that's probably understandable... :)

Cowboy Bebop - Weltall - 17th February 2003

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
I saw an ep on Cartoon Network last month... it seemed pretty good. A lot more like sci-fi shows than most anime... which is good. I love scifi shows... I haven't watched any more, though. I will... its available (fansubbed) on the campus network but I haven't gotten around to downloading it yet... given that all 24 eps are a total of 5.5GB, that's probably understandable... :)

Not after you were just bragging about your huge new harddrive it's not :D

Cowboy Bebop - A Black Falcon - 17th February 2003

But you see, I already have 36 gigs of anime... and 10 gigs of American TV shows (no other way for me to see anything... I'm happy that people on campus have got Enterprise...)... I've only got 15 gigs free right now on my 110gb hdd... (when you add 31 gigs of games, 4.5 gigs of roms, and 8 gigs of Windows and apps...)

Ah, the curse of being on a network where I can get superfast speeds... its got a couple hundred (2 or 3 hundred) gigs of anime on it...

On the bright side, they've crippled download speeds for KaZaA and other filesharing apps that look off campus, so that source of stuff is cut off... so just stuff in the campus Direct Connect server (as well as the internet of course) are available. Ah well.. I do wish I had a way to get Andromeda eps... oh well.

So you see, I'll get around to Cowboy Bebop eventually... once I've made my way through more of the hours and hours of stuff I haven't watched yet that is on my hdd... :)

Right now I'm partway through a bunch of shows...

Cowboy Bebop - Great Rumbler - 18th February 2003

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
Ah, the curse of being on a network where I can get superfast speeds... its got a couple hundred (2 or 3 hundred) gigs of anime on it...

I am seriously going to kill you right now.

Cowboy Bebop - A Black Falcon - 18th February 2003

:D

But anyone on a cable modem or other broadband has access to stuff like Kazaa with more on it than this network... sure its slower, but there is more there. Including stuff I wish I could get like Andromeda and 24 episodes... or most of the Alias eps...

Cowboy Bebop - OB1 - 18th February 2003

What the-- my post count was past 1040 yesterday and now it's in the 1010's.

And mine was 2560 or so this afternoon and now its 611...

Cowboy Bebop - OB1 - 18th February 2003

Woah wait a second! I thought it read 10,015, but it's actually 1,015. Yesterday my post count was at 10,030 (or 10,040).

It seems the post counts have been changed to just what we've gotten since the creation of the VBulletin... but for some reason the signup dates are intact. Huh?

I want back by postcount of 2565 or so!

Cowboy Bebop - Great Rumbler - 18th February 2003

Mu post count of over 3000 has been replaced with 210. I don't like that.

Cowboy Bebop - Dark Jaguar - 18th February 2003

Weird how that happened. I put myself into offline mode and surfed to an old cached page to get my old post count back.

Cowboy Bebop - WhiteFleck - 18th February 2003

I blame the Canadians.