Tendo City
Zelda: TP logo (teehee) - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Zelda: TP logo (teehee) (/showthread.php?tid=2878)

Zelda: TP logo (teehee) - OB1 - 16th May 2005

I don't mind the name, but the acronym... yeesh, Nintendo.

Still, the title isn't any worse than Wind Waker or Majora's Mask. And I love this logo. Very nice.

[Image: 3024320050517_000027_0_big.jpg]

Zelda: TP logo (teehee) - Great Rumbler - 16th May 2005

TP?

Zelda: TP logo (teehee) - Smoke - 16th May 2005

Twilight Princess. And I don't see any logo.

I can see it.

Zelda: TP logo (teehee) - A Black Falcon - 16th May 2005

The logo is nice, but the name... seems like half a title, kind of...

Why's that? It's like the movie Twilight Samurai, but more girly.

Twilight Princess of Hyrule. That's what they should have called it...or something.

Nah, it's fine. The only thing that might have sounded better is Princess of Twilight.

I'm sure the name works perfectly in Japanese, but in English it seems like it's missing something...

Quote:Nah, it's fine. The only thing that might have sounded better is Princess of Twilight.

such as words like 'of' or 'and' or 'the'. English without them sounds funny.

It sounds fine. Wind Waker also sounded dumb. And Majora's Mask.

Majora's Mask is better, but Wind Waker isn't great either, yeah. But like most Zelda titles, it's descriptive of the game... I'm sure this one is the same way.

Wind Waker is just fine!

Zelda: TP logo (teehee) - Laser Link - 16th May 2005

That is a sweet looking logo. I like the stylistic, "tribal" (another word that is way overdone these days) look to the wolf.

Well, the Japanese names of WW and MM were Mask of Majora and Baton of the Wind, so they had 'of' in the title. Of course, that's only because Japanese language way of showing posession is using 'of'. I have no idea how this applies to the current conversation. Oh well. *Hits Send*

Zelda: TP logo (teehee) - lazyfatbum - 16th May 2005

I guess the title is okay, i'm just worried about how all the teenagers will view the name.

I feel like it should be something darker. I remember one of the leaked names was "Reigns of Sorrow" named after an item you get in the game to change the horse in to different animals.

Well Aonuma said that the game is not going to be really dark. It's not going to be goth Zelda.

Zelda: TP logo (teehee) - lazyfatbum - 16th May 2005

well no shit

but for a game that invokes Lord of the Rings imagery you would expect something without the word 'princess' in the title.

Quote:Well, the Japanese names of WW and MM were Mask of Majora and Baton of the Wind, so they had 'of' in the title. Of course, that's only because Japanese language way of showing posession is using 'of'. I have no idea how this applies to the current conversation. Oh well. *Hits Send*

Don't the Japanese often just drop their equivilants of 'o'f', 'and', etc?

Quote:Well Aonuma said that the game is not going to be really dark. It's not going to be goth Zelda.

Yes. I'm not sure exactly what to expect, but maybe MM is a good grounds for comparision, tone-wise...

lazyfatbum Wrote:well no shit

but for a game that invokes Lord of the Rings imagery you would expect something without the word 'princess' in the title.

They're going for a manga look, not a lotr look. Not really.

Zelda: TP logo (teehee) - Laser Link - 16th May 2005

Heh. The image has been replaced by the OoT logo. I wonder what that means. Probably that Gamespot wasn't supposed to leak it yet, and had to pull it. Or could be they found out it was fake.

Fixed!

Yeah I bet that gamespot just jumped the gun. The guys at ign said that they're not allowed to announce the title until 10 am tomorrow, so gamespot did it too soon.

Zelda: TP logo (teehee) - N_A - 16th May 2005

That title makes it sound like its one of those doom and gloom games. I wonder if this means that Hyrule is in a time of downfall, or perhaps Link is exploring another kingdom thats currently in the pits.

Not completely dark, though, Nintendo has said... I'm thinking Majora's Mask, but we'll have to see.

Zelda: TP logo (teehee) - N_A - 16th May 2005

MM was pretty dark, but I think thats a style most fitting for Zelda games. And not only that, I want to see substance that surpasses MM. Thinking back, I was totally awed with how the last temple turned upside down and added a whole different level of complexity and challenge.

Zelda: TP logo (teehee) - Dark Jaguar - 16th May 2005

I actually LIKE the title, also it's confirmed now, so okay I take back what I said just as I said I would.

I like it for the same reasons I mentioned before, the symbolism of the word "twilight" is cool. Actually the whole thing sounds like something Square-Enix would tack on as a subtitle. Besides, at this point all the cool names have been taken, so they pretty much just have to open a dictionary and start reading it until they see some cool sounding word to make a title.

Hmm, I wonder... I'm not expecting voice acting for a while for the series, but how far off is having a vocal track in the ending credits?

MM... it's not hard because of the enemies, or the puzzles, or anything. Those are standard 3d Zelda fare... and actually in some ways MM is easier than OoT. I die less frequently, for example, and by a big margin (it sure helps that you can get white-rimmed hearts halfway through instead of right at the end, for one, but even without that it just isn't quite as hard)... but it still is a very hard game. And that's all because of the annoying aspects of the 3-day-system... but I've gone over that all before. I mean, it's a great game. So fun, when it's fun. But it's also so frusterating... I hate how I do things and then reset and they get lost! I hate having to beat bosses again and again in order to have the game remember that I did them. I hate having a time limit in dungeons, forcing you to either do really well, use walkthroughs, or just redo them multiple times. Etc... so yeah, it's a great game with some big flaws that make it quite frusterating at times, and that's why I never finished it.

Anyway... my point. (yeah, that wasn't my point.) My point is, the actual normal Zelda gameplay in MM is not really that much harder than WW's. I noticed that when going back to play it again, a couple months ago... OoT also seems a bit easier on replay, but I still think it's the hardest of those three games, on the pure Zelda gameplay (MM is the hardest when all factors are considered because of the huge amount of frusteration those design decisions cause). But I'd take even an MM level of difficulty, over the one we saw in WW... really, that's the main flaw with WW and the main thing I want fixed in this game.