Tendo City
Retro working on Metroid Prime 3 (according to Matt C) - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Retro working on Metroid Prime 3 (according to Matt C) (/showthread.php?tid=2868)

Retro working on Metroid Prime 3 (according to Matt C) - Smoke - 14th May 2005

Quote:Huh? Sounds suspect. Retro is working on Metroid Prime 3 for Revolution. Unless it has another game in the works, I just don't see how this information could be true.

Matt

Quote:I should clarify that while Metroid Prime 3 is allegedly in the works, I'm not certain on the platform. I'm assuming that it's going to be a Revolution launch title. But I suppose it could be a very, very late GameCube project, too. Don't know.

Sure be nice to find out at E3.

Matt

Click here

I am the master of copy/paste.

Retro working on Metroid Prime 3 (according to Matt C) - Great Rumbler - 14th May 2005

I doesn't surprise me that they're working on Metroid Prime 3, but if it turns out to be a Revolution launch title then it'll be HUGE.

Retro working on Metroid Prime 3 (according to Matt C) - Sacred Jellybean - 14th May 2005

If Retro is working on a Metroid title for Revolution... I'm going to cream my pants. And then I'll probably ejaculate so hard upon seeing the screens that my penis will fall off or something. So note to self: only view the thumbnailed files of those screencaps when they eventually come (har-har) out.

On the other hand, if the title ends up being released for GameCube... well... I'll be slightly disappointed. We already have two FPA GC Metroid titles... do we really need another? Besides, I haven't even gotten around to buying or even renting Metroid Prime: Echoes. I know, I'm sorry. :( I really want to, though. I liked Metroid Prime a lot.

Retro working on Metroid Prime 3 (according to Matt C) - The Former DMiller - 14th May 2005

They need to make it a Revolution launch title. Nintendo needs a great launch title that will appeal to older audiences. It wouldn't really benefit Nintendo to release it on GameCube.

Retro working on Metroid Prime 3 (according to Matt C) - OB1 - 14th May 2005

It better be shown at E3!

But please... drop the Prime name...

Retro working on Metroid Prime 3 (according to Matt C) - A Black Falcon - 14th May 2005

Yeah, it'd make a lot of sense to try to get it out as a lanunch title... and it'd probably help the Revolution a lot more than it would as a late GC title. But either way's good... but either way, I wouldn't exactly be surprised to see Retro doing another Metroid. :)

Retro working on Metroid Prime 3 (according to Matt C) - Sacred Jellybean - 15th May 2005

I think Retro should take a break from the Metroid franchise after this next sequel. Don't get me wrong, I love 3D FPA Metroid, but still... I'd like to see how their talents fare across other genres of games. No one likes a one-trick-pony, after all. :)

Retro working on Metroid Prime 3 (according to Matt C) - A Black Falcon - 15th May 2005

Oh, it'd be very nice to see them do something new, but in this industry, you can't expect too much of that... and this includes Nintendo.

Retro working on Metroid Prime 3 (according to Matt C) - Great Rumbler - 15th May 2005

Hopefully after this one Nintendo will allow them to expand into other territories. Maybe bring back some of the original games. Don't get me wrong I really want another Metroid game, but it's not good for them to release a lot of them really close together.

Retro working on Metroid Prime 3 (according to Matt C) - OB1 - 15th May 2005

If it's a Revolution game it won't be close to the last one.

Retro working on Metroid Prime 3 (according to Matt C) - Great Rumbler - 15th May 2005

True, but they should still do more than Metroid.

They will!

Good!

Yeah!

They should go back and make Raven Shield or whatever it was called.

New Retro screen!

[Image: wreckingguy.jpeg]

Wall Guy!

You better believe it!

Retro working on Metroid Prime 3 (according to Matt C) - Paco - 15th May 2005

Sacred Jellybean Wrote:I think Retro should take a break from the Metroid franchise after this next sequel. Don't get me wrong, I love 3D FPA Metroid, but still... I'd like to see how their talents fare across other genres of games. No one likes a one-trick-pony, after all. :)
I agree, they are a talented group and it seems like it'd be a waste to keep them confined to one kind of game.

Retro working on Metroid Prime 3 (according to Matt C) - A Black Falcon - 15th May 2005

Raven Blade.

Quote:I agree, they are a talented group and it seems like it'd be a waste to keep them confined to one kind of game.

This is definitely true, but money (and franchises) speaks louder than new ideas and/or innovation... Nintendo talks about innovation all the time, but most of those titles use their liscenced characters to try to increase sales. It's about the money.

Retro working on Metroid Prime 3 (according to Matt C) - lazyfatbum - 15th May 2005

They could make other games..... but why? :D

In the next Metroid game, based off the last two, i'd like to see portions of the game that are third person. You can still lock on, so it's Zelda with a gun in that respect. But more importantly have areas that really emphasies walljumping, acrobatics, grapple beam diving and all that jazz. Remember the rooms in Super Metroid or Zero Mission where it's lava underneath you (the kind you fall through and cant get out of) and there's grapple points everywhere, and the only way to get across was by grappling to them with expert timing. Sometimes th grapple points were animals that light up an area so if you shot them not only do you lose your grapple point but the light as well. really cool stuff.

Yeah, a more third-person heavy 3D Metroid game would be awesome. Also, they really need to get rid of the key crap. I hated doing that in Echoes. Just filler gameplay, really tedious.

Hunting for all those keys at the end of Echoes was really the only thing that ever made me want to stop playing it. It was just completely unnecessary.

Indeed. You could tell that Retro had less help from EAD with that game. Hopefully they've learned from those mistakes.

BTW, I heard that Retro's new game looks amazing and that it will be shown at E3, for at least a little bit.

Is it going to be a GC or Revolution game?

[Image: reggielution.jpg]

Well, alright then.

Retro working on Metroid Prime 3 (according to Matt C) - lazyfatbum - 15th May 2005

First specs on Revolution

12 Bagillion vortex polys per milisecond

80 terrabytes of ultra OMFG ram

wireless wi-fi speed said to download the entire internet in 10 seconds

Full-Body immersive tech allows players to be shot with real bullets, be lit on fire and actually die while playing and be resurrected

Revolution will come standard with small asian wife/hooker who is also a maid

Sound output created in joint venture by THX and Bose, example shown was a train going by that actually caused one of the reporters to lose 50% of his hearing and caused a pregnant woman to go in to labor

50 watt penis pump

holographic projection gives the illusion of a 600 mile wide screen and everything is life-sized. the "Sword controller" was shown off during the demo of Zelda Revolution that is actually made of steel and is the Sword of evil's bane, one Microsoft executive who was in the room at the time of the demo burst in to flames and became a winged demon who then turned to salt.

Revolution will launch with 500 titles, all priced at $3 each. Nintendo was quoted as saying "Enough of this 50 bucks a pop business." Many of the games are being examined by top scientists around the world who believe the Nintendo Revolution might be using a technology that actually creates a "tunnel" in the universe, said one german scientist. "The universe tunnel is the theory that you can reach in to another universe with a solid A to B point of reference so that you can return safely." Nintendo had a stance of no comment when asked about the Universe Tunneling but did show off a version of Metroid where God appeared and gave us visions of the end of the world 5 billion years from now

Nintendo revolution also said to create immense cash flow for homes by actually doing an automatic fail-safe stock trading program while it's on. "we cant go in to details, but basically you become richer every time you play Revolution."

Power cord doubles as a Lasso of Truth, when used on Sony execs they will admit to being dirty dirty whores

More to come!

I bet Nintendo charges $300 for it though.

More specs! Nintendo to include MONKEY!

shigeru Miyamoto unviels MONKEY a new AI lifeform that works with Nintendo Revolution!

"Revolution will come with specially trained helper monkey", says designer and producer Shigeru Miyamoto. "helper monkey will bring you food, drinks and even go to your job for you giving all the time you need to play nintendo games." No more work?? Miyamoto denied rumors that the monkey is a real monkey, but he did add "as an added bonus the monkey will instinctively fling its poo and sony at xbox fans".

I cant wait for E3!

Retro working on Metroid Prime 3 (according to Matt C) - Smoke - 16th May 2005

lazyfatbum Wrote:In the next Metroid game, based off the last two, i'd like to see portions of the game that are third person. You can still lock on, so it's Zelda with a gun in that respect. But more importantly have areas that really emphasies walljumping, acrobatics, grapple beam diving and all that jazz. Remember the rooms in Super Metroid or Zero Mission where it's lava underneath you (the kind you fall through and cant get out of) and there's grapple points everywhere, and the only way to get across was by grappling to them with expert timing. Sometimes th grapple points were animals that light up an area so if you shot them not only do you lose your grapple point but the light as well. really cool stuff.

I'd like to see the whole game be like what you just described. A third person action Metroid. Then let Retro create an original FPS "Halo killer" for Revolution.