Tendo City
PD Zero!!!!!!!!!!! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: PD Zero!!!!!!!!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=2852)

Pages: 1 2

PD Zero!!!!!!!!!!! - OB1 - 12th May 2005

.... wtf

[Image: media?id=1879117&type=lg]

[Image: media?id=1879119&type=lg]

[Image: media?id=1879118&type=lg]

[Image: media?id=1879116&type=lg]

Hahaha! Lol X-Box 1.5 indeed. If Rare can't make an XB360 game look amazing then there is no hope for anybody else.

Oh man... this sucks.

PD Zero!!!!!!!!!!! - Great Rumbler - 12th May 2005

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1282&stc=1]

It's like MS forgot to tell Rare that they were making this for the XB360.

It reminds me of Halo 2...and not in a good way.

[Image: media?id=1879119&type=lg]

What's up with the Mexican security guards wearing red armor?

And they look like they were stepped on or something.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/611/611184p1.html

Quote:Eight games were shown -- seven viewable, one playable. Perfect Dark Zero was the only playable title, and it was underwhelming, looking early, dark, and chugging at under 20 FPS.

Oh man.

Quote:chugging at under 20 FPS.

Some things never change...

Quote:And they look like they were stepped on or something.

Maybe I'm being blinded by nostalgia, but the art style looks incredibly bland.

It's like MS forced Rare to make it look like stupid Halo.

I dig Joanna's look, though.

The funniest part about the MTV special (which really sucked, btw) was that the Rare guys said that the characters in PD0 are comprised of 5,000 polygons, as if that were impressive...

.... Leon in RE4 is comprised of about 10,000 polys...

Quote:Leon in RE4 is comprised of about 10,000 polys...

Yeah, so 5000 polygons is not impressive in the slightest.

PD Zero!!!!!!!!!!! - Smoke - 12th May 2005

L O Fucking L

My inner fanboy is liking this.

Indeed.

Okay, so why the heck won't my computer let me go to the Gaming-Age forums...like EVER?

Nevermind, it finally loaded up. It just took flippin' forever.

It's being hammered right now.

*finally reads thread*

Hahaha!! Oh man, I so wish this had happened 2 years ago. I would have had a field day with this at TeamXbox.

You should go there now!

As much as I'd love to go there and harrass those losers, I promised myself that I'd never go back to that place again. :)

Come on, imagine how awesome it'll be! 99% of those guys are XB fans solely because the XB was the most powerful of the three systems, so imagine what their reactions to this stuff has been!

Probably about the same as the ones at GA Forums. :D

The GA guys are laughing though.

TeamXbox - Perfect Dark Zero First Shots!

Even funnier. :finger:

TeamXbox - To everyone who is dissapointed in Xbox360 screens

Quote:Besides, how do you expect them to utilize all of Xbox360's power when there is so much power, you can't possibly use it all?

I almost can't believe it but that place has managed to get even more stupid since I've last been there.

Hahaha! This marks the beginning of the end!

I read some of that thread to, those guys are straight trippin'.

Quote:You can't judge what PDZ will look like based on these few screenshots! They're just poor quality, I bet 1UP just picked the worst ones to show. I'm waiting for screenshots from other sites because I don't trust 1UP.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Oh, my sides...

Oh and yeah threads are already being locked on TXB. People are very dissapointed in PDZ. Not only does it not look very good for a next gen game but some of the other Xbox 360 games look far better. And what's up with the art? Why is that one guy against the wall holding an NES Zapper.

There seem to be three types of reaction:

1. Oh my God this is shit
  2. It's still early! There's still time for them to completly change it and everything will be okay. La La La La La La I can't hear you, I can't hear you!
  3. The gameplay will be awesome. Graphics don't really matter anyway.

From GA Forums:

Quote:"360" indeed! You turn around and end up in the very same spot.

Quote:Don't you know? They want to recreate the experience of PD on N64, framerate problems and all!

Quote:They're like the French in 1940, keep talking about your wall douchebags. Blitzkrieg on.

Quote:I think all you guys are about to get owned! I just fought post by the smartest eleven year old fanboy I ever seen. Behold his is words:
"Wow. Developers already taking showing potential early this on. Since they just are seeing what the 360 can handle it's already looking amazing. Wait until they have more time to make their games. That's when Halo 3 will come in hand and if I may say PDZ looks amazing. I think we have some ps2 fanboys around here, because it's just stupid to say that you've seen this on ps2 already. This graphics can only be seen on 360 and that's it. Not even the most powerful computer on earth can handle this amazing graphics."

Quote:Oh, I get what the "360" means now. The new Xbox has the magical power to take us back where we started 5 years ago with PS2 level graphics.

[Image: PerfectPimp.jpg]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D

Yeah this is really pathetic. I wonder how many will jump ship as soon as the PS3 is shown. You know they won't be jumping ship to Nintendo. Don't want your frat brothers to think you're gay.

I love that Yamauchi picture.

Quote:ou know they won't be jumping ship to Nintendo.

True, but this is still quite hilarious. :)

PD Zero!!!!!!!!!!! - A Black Falcon - 12th May 2005

Yeah, if they go anywhere, it's to Sony. PS3 is, after all, supposedly the big super-machine... 3x more powerful than X-Box 360, etc, etc...

But yeah, this is not exactly impressive. Oh, it's good looking, but it's good looking in a "this could be released now on PC and be called nice looking but not fantastically amazing" way, not good looking in a "this is truly something we expect from a next-gen console" way... the X-Box 360 does have a good amount of power in it, but because of how we've passed the point of diminishing returns, it sure doesn't look like we're getting much more out of it...

Oh, it certainly could be a pretty good game. But if that's how it looks, it won't be a system seller based on the fantastic graphics...

PD Zero!!!!!!!!!!! - lazyfatbum - 13th May 2005

I'm completely dumbfounded, none of the xbox360 games look like they're running on next gen hardware. They all could be XBox or GC games.

I bet this has alot to do with that 'in-order' CPU stuff mumbled back a few months ago. That the new gen hardware will be harder to work with, But this... holy christ. You know they've been working on PDZ since noah was a boy so the gameplay should be awesome but if the screens and the 20fps are any indication of the full package then it's a doomed game.

PD Zero!!!!!!!!!!! - lazyfatbum - 13th May 2005

Well i just took a trip around the internet, I downloaded every movie and enlarged every picture of XBox360 games. As a gamer, all I can say is it sure does suck to be an XBox fan right about now. Can you imagine if Nintendo had a showing like this? marginally better looking graphics and nothing really 'new'? Dear God, you would see it on CNN and it would involve hostages and nuclear threats... which some xbox fans aren't too far from doing.

PD Zero!!!!!!!!!!! - Private Hudson - 13th May 2005

Well.. so.. what, are you guys still hyped for the game or not?

I'd be willing to say that they will not reflect the graphics of the final game. And honestly, there are dozens of excuses that could be made for the graphics at this stage. Most likely being that they only just recently decided to port the game to 360, as opposed to the original XBox.

Still, it's odd that M$ would want to show these off..
And it's even funnier that the same excuses that could be made for these games are the ones that XBox fanboys were ignoring about PS2's games.

PD Zero!!!!!!!!!!! - Great Rumbler - 13th May 2005

I'm still somewhat hyped for this game, it could still have awesome gameplay. But, it does remind me in too many ways of Halo 1 and 2, and that doesn't give me a lot of hope.

I certainly don't think that graphics make the game, but I'd like to think that if I'm going to spend $300+ Im getting something new and the same stuff over again.

[Image: wallguythread.gif]

[Image: wallguywails.jpg]

[Image: daikatana-wallguy1.jpg]

[Image: dumb2.gif]

[Image: wallduck6rd.jpg]

[Image: Viareggio-surfDarsena.jpg]

[Image: wallguy.jpg]

[Image: wallguy.jpg]

[Image: hahahahhaharare.jpg]

Hahahaha! :D

PD Zero!!!!!!!!!!! - OB1 - 13th May 2005

Lol

Those are hilarious! 'specially the Sunshine one.

I'm still hyped about the game, just less so... I really do hope that the final product is good, but, well... eh...

The graphics might be a bit better in 5 months, but the art style...bleh.

I do like Joanna's look.

[Image: media?id=1879117&type=lg]

PD Zero!!!!!!!!!!! - Smoke - 13th May 2005

I like where they're trying to go with Joanna's look. Trying and failing! I mean, c'mon! Characters in Silent Hill 3 or Half Life 2 look better. She should look more "real".

This is not next-gen. They had to go and rush to be first. Xbox 1.5 indeed.

Wall Guy!!

PD Zero!!!!!!!!!!! - A Black Falcon - 13th May 2005

I like the Daikatana one best... :)

[Image: daikatana-wallguy1.jpg]

The Mario one's pretty good too.

Quote:I like where they're trying to go with Joanna's look. Trying and failing! I mean, c'mon! Characters in Silent Hill 3 or Half Life 2 look better. She should look more "real".

This is not next-gen. They had to go and rush to be first. Xbox 1.5 indeed.

What's wrong with Joanna there? I mean, other than the 'doesn't look next-gen' part.

The fact that she looks almost exactly like Lara Croft and then there's the cartoony look [though I think that may be intentional]. I don't mind it that much.

I like the cartoony look.

I said I didn't mind it, but some people do.

Who cares about "some people"?

PD Zero!!!!!!!!!!! - A Black Falcon - 13th May 2005

Yeah, nothing wrong with cartoony...

IT's teh kiddey!!!

The overall art style of the game, though, is terrible.

Not Wallman!

No, Wall Guy is pure awesomeness. Not quite on the same level as Bo Jackson and Semnat, but he's definitely near the top.

Right, Wall Guy. Heh.

PD Zero!!!!!!!!!!! - cppcrusader - 13th May 2005

OB1 Wrote:It's like MS forced Rare to make it look like stupid Halo.

I dig Joanna's look, though.

The funniest part about the MTV special (which really sucked, btw) was that the Rare guys said that the characters in PD0 are comprised of 5,000 polygons, as if that were impressive...

.... Leon in RE4 is comprised of about 10,000 polys...

You do realize that poly count stopped mattering like 2 or 3 years ago right? When done properly we can achieve the same results that a 10k poly model gets with a 5k poly model. Its all in the modeling and texturing. Regardless they look pretty decent for low poly models, but they certainly don't look next gen. And yes, Joanna's look is rather rad.

PD Zero!!!!!!!!!!! - Smoke - 13th May 2005

[Image: wallfixed5my.gif]