Tendo City
The Party Thread! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Party Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=285)

The Party Thread! - lazyfatbum - 15th February 2003

A few of my friends at school went to a party and decided to make "Jello shots", abuse various "recreational chemicals" and basically act retarded while creating some pictures in the process.

Enjoy!

Party like it's 2003!

The Party Thread! - Dark Jaguar - 15th February 2003

That looked so average I feel like wiping out humanity for even THINKING the individual has uniqueness!

Did ya have a nice time?

The Party Thread! - Sacred Jellybean - 15th February 2003

I'm assuming lazy didn't go... and if he did, why no naked pics???

The Party Thread! - OB1 - 16th February 2003

Where are you, Seanie boy?

The Party Thread! - lazyfatbum - 16th February 2003

I didn't go but I probably should have. I just feel so weird around people who are drinking. Or... eating jello shots... :D I'm just not a drinker-type.

And DJ, they may *look* like Average Americans, but I assure you... they are anything but average. Most of the people at Fullsail are pretty... shall I say "cookie cutter" in their overall personalities, but there's alot of people there who are as unique as you can get (such as Rachel, Mike and Lorace). And I plan on knowing all of them by the time I graduate. :D

The Party Thread! - Weltall - 16th February 2003

Get on MSN fuckhead! Mad

The Party Thread! - Laser Link - 16th February 2003

Quote:I'm just not a drinker-type.

Good boy. I don't know why anybody would voluntarily make themselves stupid, but there are a lot of things I don't get. Beisdes, Vanilla Coke tastes better.

How's school going? What stuff have you learned so far? Are you a code monkey yet? :D

The Party Thread! - OB1 - 17th February 2003

indeed.

The Party Thread! - Weltall - 17th February 2003

I dislike liquor and beer a lot. I do miss Vanilla Coke though.

*sigh* only nine and a half more months until I can have it again :(

Why nine and a half months?

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
Why nine and a half months?

I can't have carbonated beverages for a year because of the stomach surgery I had in December.

Oohhh... that's right. Get used to water, it's much better for you than coke. :D

The Party Thread! - Dark Jaguar - 17th February 2003

Water isn't all there is aside from cola (though once again your overly fancitude shows through you soda hatin' goon!). Myself, I only drink eiither sprite/7-up or Orange Soda, though even then it's few and far between because it fills me up so I can't eat as much in a single sitting. There's also lemonade, orange juice (it's not just for breakfast any more and a yackety smackety!) and of course the almighty MILK!

I don't hate soda, I just try not to drink too much of it since it's not very good for you. But as long I get my seven glasses of water each day (which is the daily reccomended amount--go ask your doctor), it's all good.

I drink tons of water and sugar-free KoolAid... which is pretty much just water with coloring and Nutrasweet. :D

Well all drinks are water with something added to them. But any doctor will tell you that it's important to drink seven glasses of plain water every day. Don't ask me why, I'm not a doctor.

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
Well all drinks are water with something added to them. But any doctor will tell you that it's important to drink seven glasses of plain water every day. Don't ask me why, I'm not a doctor.

Plain water? I drink well over 8 per day. I'm never hungry but I'm constantly thirsty.

"Any doctor" won't, just the ones who aren't completely perfect in analyzing what they hear. Note how I phrased that. I'm saying doctors are human too.

http://ajpregu.physiology.org/cgi/content/abstract/00365.2002v1

http://www.snopes.com/toxins/water.htm

While drinking water is certainly healthy, you dont' need to go to this extreme. If you feel thirsty, drink. If you don't, don't drink. Follow that rule and unless you happen to be sick it'll always serve you well. Human bodies give much more direct cries for help than some think.

The Party Thread! - Laser Link - 17th February 2003

Yeah, the whole "Drink 8 cups of water everyday" thing was started by an extreme nutritionist. I don't know if that's in the articles DJ linked to or not. But now it's spread so much that everyone will tell you that's how much you need to drink.

I love my coke/dew, but usually only drink water. But not tap water, I'm afraid. I can't handle the stuff, even good tap water. But I can drink bottled water all day long. Not the 16oz for $2 bottled water from a gas station- that's nasty stuff. I mean Culligan or Arrowhead in the big 6 gallon bottles. Mmmmmmm. It's not my fault though, I was raised in California.

Here I found a link from web md, which is supposed to be a website founded by a bunch of doctors and is considered to be a pretty damn good authority on the web for medical information.

Quote:Too Much Water?

Q: I hear about the health benefits of drinking water, but is there such a thing as drinking too much water? I drink approximately 96 ounces a day, and I’m afraid I may be “washing away” essential vitamins and minerals. I exercise daily and have a small build.

A: Drinking 3 quarts of water daily won’t harm you, but you may find the frequent trips to the bathroom an inconvenience.

Assuming you are drinking your fluids throughout the day there's no worry about "washing away" vitamins, minerals or any other substances, since your kidneys do a great job of holding on to what the body needs. Also, any excess water not needed is easily passed out as urine within a few hours.

You only run a risk with too much water if you guzzle an excessive amount, such as your 96 ounces, all at once. This could cause a very rare event called water intoxication and can be life threatening if not treated. An overdose of water overwhelms the body's cells, in part by diluting the electrolytes, sodium and potassium. This causes the cells to balloon up and disrupt normal body functioning. In the brain, swelling occurs, causing disorientation and even death.

But, unlike you, most people are more likely to fall short on meeting their water needs. They don't realize water is top on the list of essential nutrients. Water makes up most of your body composition (an average 150-pound person contains 42 quarts of water); it's the medium in which chemical reactions occur in your body; it's a lubricant for muscles and joints; and it serves as a vehicle to rid your body of unwanted metabolites and wastes through urine.

You need about 1 milliliter of water for every calorie you consume. Translated to cups, you require about 8 cups (2 quarts) if you consume 2,000 calories a day. This figure rises if you exercise heavily, since you'll lose water through sweat. Depending upon your sweat rate, you lose anywhere from 1 to 2 quarts of sweat an hour, especially in warm weather.

Not counting beer, other alcoholic beverages, and coffee and sodas with caffeine, all of which boost urine production and fluid loss, you should be reaching for 2 to 4 quarts of water and other fluids throughout the day. Your urine color, which serves as a good gauge of your hydration status, should be pale yellow. Dark urine suggests you are not drinking enough fluid. (Your urine will be a bright yellow color after taking a vitamin pill due to the excretion of the B vitamin called riboflavin.)

Keep fluid handy by taking along a bike bottle of water while traveling, at work and during workouts. And to keep your drinking water safe from bacteria contamination, wash out your water bottle daily.

Developed by Net.Content, Inc © 1999 Net.Content, Inc. All rights reserved

And here's another link from the same site:

Quote:How much water should I drink per day?

By Elizabeth Somer, MA,RD
Ask A Question

Q:How much water should I drink on an average day?

[/u]At least eight eight-ounce glasses of water a day for all adults[/u], most of whom lose about two to three quarts of water every day. Athletes, people who live or work in hot environments, and people who perspire heavily lose more water and need to drink even more to keep up with the loss.

Drinking fluids helps to maintain your body, which is primarily made up of water. By weight, men are about 60% water and women are about 55% water.

[/u]Yet many people are walking around mildly dehydrated simply because thirst is a poor indicator of fluid needs, especially as they age. [/u]Mild dehydration can decrease one's energy level and mental functioning and increase stress on the body.

The three rules of thumb when it comes to water are:

Drink twice as much as it takes to quench your thirst.
Drink frequently throughout the day to prevent dehydration.
Drink at least eight glasses daily or one cup for every 20 pounds of body weight. For example, a 150-pound person who does not exercise or work in hot climates needs 7.5 cups.
You can count fruit juices and bottled water in your tally. However, beverages such as coffee or alcohol have a mild diuretic effect, which promotes urination and therefore water loss. Green tea is another way to add fluids, and this beverage is chock-full of phytonutrients that may help lower your risk of developing cancer.

One way to ensure you have those eight glasses each day is to fill a pitcher with your allotment of water and keep it on your desk at work or on the kitchen table at home. You also can fill eight glasses and place them in a convenient spot out of the way, such as on the kitchen counter or dining room table. Your goal is then clearly marked, and that goal is reached when the pitcher or glasses are empty.

If you are a student, make it a point to take 10 large gulps of water every time you pass a water fountain at school. The best indicator that you're drinking enough water is when your urine is pale yellow to clear. A dark yellow color is a sign your body is dehydrated and is concentrating the urine in an effort to conserve water.

2000 Healtheon/WebMD. All rights reserved.

You see? There's always going to be an opposing side on everything. You just have to find the most credible source.

That urine part is especially true. It's healthier when you have lighter urine, and you get that by drinking lots of water.

My urine is always extremely dark, even though I drink tons of water. I would suppose my rapid weight loss is the cause.

My urine is water already by the looks of it. You wouldn't even be able to tell the toilet has been used if I decided not to flush it. My urine could probably be used as saline.

Anyway, it's just the matter of this. Am I currently quite healthy and moist? Yes in fact I am. I rarely ever have a dry mouth (or dry nose for that matter) or have trouble digesting. However, a cup of water, tap bottled or completely pure "heavy" water, is something I almost never drink. I also wasn't joking about my urine... Then again I do happen to drink nearly a gallon of milk a day, so maybe that's where I get all my water. My point however is that you can live a very healthy life without consuming such high amounts of water.

Eight cups a water a day is really that high? I sometimes drink that much in a matter of hours. But it is really dry up here in Colorado...

The Party Thread! - N-Man - 18th February 2003

Riiiight *backs away from scary people*

The Party Thread! - OB1 - 18th February 2003

Hey that's my line!