Tendo City
J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! (/showthread.php?tid=2841)

J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! - OB1 - 9th May 2005

http://www.geekonstun.com/mt/archives/hd_allard_050605.html

J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! - A Black Falcon - 9th May 2005

XTREEM!!!

J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! - Great Rumbler - 10th May 2005

I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth...

J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! - Laser Link - 10th May 2005

DODGEBALL JOKES!

J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! - Great Rumbler - 10th May 2005

Yep. :D

J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! - OB1 - 10th May 2005

What is? Never seen the movie...

Quote:What is?

"I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth..."

Quote:Never seen the movie...

You should! You're always telling people to see Anchorman, and that's basically the kind of movie that Dodgeball is.

Oh right, that was in the trailer.

Yeah I want to see Dodgeball, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Go rent it right now!

And while you're at it watch the rest of Kino's Journey which I bet you haven't done yet!!

Yeah...

:shake:

I've got like ten thousand things to watch, though. And there's so much choice that I often spend an hour just thinking about what to watch, and end up watching nothing. Lol

'Tis a blessing and a curse, I tells ya!

J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! - Sacred Jellybean - 10th May 2005

Don't forget an MST3k joke!

"Mike, if I run out of vomit, can I borrow some of yours?"

Quote:I've got like ten thousand things to watch, though. And there's so much choice that I often spend an hour just thinking about what to watch, and end up watching nothing.

All the time you're telling me that I should see this movie or that and then when I don't get around to seeing it you get mad at me! But then when I tell you to watch ONE THING [actually, it's two now because I said you need to watch Dodgeball] you take forever to finally rent it and then you only watch one episode and now you haven't even touched it in over two months! Gah!

Also:

J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! - The Former DMiller - 10th May 2005

Wouldn't a 360 be turning all the way around to end up in the same place? I believe he actually made a 180.

J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! - A Black Falcon - 10th May 2005

No, DMiller, that would be if he'd made a genuine change... this looks like a marketing move, not a change. So he's changed 360 degrees. :D

Haha, no Derek is right. It was a joke about the possible XBox360 tagline that we were joking about in another thread. :D

Great Rumbler Wrote:All the time you're telling me that I should see this movie or that and then when I don't get around to seeing it you get mad at me! But then when I tell you to watch ONE THING [actually, it's two now because I said you need to watch Dodgeball] you take forever to finally rent it and then you only watch one episode and now you haven't even touched it in over two months! Gah!

Also:

Hey I rented it really quickly! And I saw the first episode!

And like I told you after you said that the first time: The first episode is NOTHING compared to episodes that come RIGHT AFTER IT! Seriously! Episodes 2 and 4 are among the best in the series and they are AMAZING to watch!

Alright! I'll watch it very soon!

Okay!

You just need to be pushy like I had to be.

J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! - geoboy - 10th May 2005

Perhaps he made two 180º rotations in 3-dimensional space. One on the XZ plain and the other on the YZ plain. It's one hell of a tricky manuever to pull off (flip up-side-down and get back onto your feet flipping sideways) but it'll have you facing the other direction in two 180º rotations for a grand total of 360º of <strike>Kevin Bacon</strike> motion! :D

I'm thinking about this too much.

J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! - Laser Link - 11th May 2005

At first I thought you were wrong, but that's cause I expected you were originally pointing in the +x direction (cause that seems normal to me). But if you are originally pointing down the +z axis it works perfectly. Hooray for geoboy.

Now show me the matrix multiplications and, for extra credit, the quaternions, to prove your answer. :D

J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! - The Former DMiller - 11th May 2005

It took me a minute to visualize that as well. It's been awhile since I've worked in the third dimension. :)

J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! - OB1 - 11th May 2005

It was a joke...

J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! - Great Rumbler - 11th May 2005

I knew that from the start...

Me and you, bubba. Just me and you.

J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! - Great Rumbler - 11th May 2005

So have you watched anymore of Kino's Journey?

J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! - A Black Falcon - 11th May 2005

I watched the first disc of Nadesico... as well as this '60s movie called 'The Spy That Came In From The Cold' (pretty good) and 'Hackers' (quite average). But those latter two aren't anime. :)

Great Rumbler Wrote:So have you watched anymore of Kino's Journey?

I will right now!

J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! - Great Rumbler - 12th May 2005

Okay!

J Allard has turned around his look... 360 DEGREES!!! - geoboy - 12th May 2005

I was basing it on 3dsmax's axes. In 3dsmax, the XY plain would be the "ground" that is parallel to the horizon, and the Z-axis points up and down vertically, i.e. perpendicular to the XY plain. I'd make an animation but my 3dsmax trial expired. :(