Tendo City
Egad! As if Millenium Force wasn't enough! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Egad! As if Millenium Force wasn't enough! (/showthread.php?tid=280)

Egad! As if Millenium Force wasn't enough! - Fittisize - 13th February 2003

This is pretty cool.

[Image: height.jpg]

Eek Hopefully I'll be going back to Sandusky, Ohio (where Cedar Point is) this summer and ride the Top Thrill Dragster! Two summers ago I rode on the first three (which were all, at one point in time, the tallest roller coasters in the world) when I was in Ohio. And I thought those were scary??? Hopefully this summer I'll be riding the beast on the far left...

Just thought I'd let all you guys know. :)

Egad! As if Millenium Force wasn't enough! - OB1 - 13th February 2003

I've never been on a roller coaster before. I used to live in Ohio, but I was too young to go on any of the good ones.

Egad! As if Millenium Force wasn't enough! - A Black Falcon - 13th February 2003

Wow! That is REALLY big... I've never been on a big coaster. Only some small ones... Very small. I don't know if I'd want to go on one of those big ones... probably not. Coasters aren't my favorite things at amusement parks... they are good, but I don't like the big ones.

I'll take the riverrapids ride, log flume, or several other rides instead any day...

Egad! As if Millenium Force wasn't enough! - The Former DMiller - 13th February 2003

Good Lord that's big! What kind of cars do they have on that thing? Are they just normal cars, or is it something like Batman, or what?

Egad! As if Millenium Force wasn't enough! - OB1 - 13th February 2003

one word: reallygoodglue

Egad! As if Millenium Force wasn't enough! - Laser Link - 13th February 2003

Another reason why Cedar Point rules. I've never been there, but my brother said Millenium Force is awesome.

Egad! As if Millenium Force wasn't enough! - Dark Jaguar - 14th February 2003

Wow, surprised so many people here haven't ever been on a roller coaster. Around here, we HAD two, but a few years ago the "Wild Cat" (which was actually a relatively small metal based coaster) was shut down when an accident killed one of the riders on it. The other, the "Zingo" (worst name ever) is at least closer to a normal size coaster. It just goes the length of the park though, which isn't a big park, and no cool loops or anything. I've always wanted to go on one of these giants, but I'm stuck with this medium-small sized thing right now.

Egad! As if Millenium Force wasn't enough! - The Former DMiller - 14th February 2003

I live by Six Flags Great America so I can go on all the coasters there. It doesn't have anything like Cedar Point, though. I've always wanted to go there, but I've never been in the Ohio area for too long.

Egad! As if Millenium Force wasn't enough! - Great Rumbler - 14th February 2003

Woah! There's no way I'd ever ride on that thing!!

Egad! As if Millenium Force wasn't enough! - Fittisize - 14th February 2003

Cedar Point is by far the best amusment park ever...the two tallest roller coasters in the world, plus 14 others? 14 SUPERB others! Ack I wanna go back soooo bad. Oh, btw, I learned some new things about this coaster:

(pasted from cedarpoint.com)
Quote:PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS
-Track Length: 2,800 feet
-Lift Height: 420 feet
-Angle of Lift Hill: 90 degrees
-Vertical Drop: 400 feet
-Angle of Descent: 90 degrees
-Angle of Twist on Descent: 270 degrees

DESIGN
-Ride Manufacturer: Intamin AG of Wollerau, Switzerland
-Model: Launched out-and-back coaster
-Structure: Steel tubular track
-Features: Hydraulic launch system
-Magnetic braking system
-Tiered seating on the coaster’s cars for better viewing (similar to stadium seating)
-270-degree spiral on descent
-Color Scheme: Red and white alternating colored track on launch

TIME, SPEED, CAPACITY
-Launch Speed: Approximately 120 mph in four seconds
Drop Speed: Approximately 120 mph
Capacity Approximately 1,500 riders per hour

VEHICLES
-Coaches: Six 16-passenger trains
Five cars on each train; three four-passenger and two two-passenger cars
-Design: Fiberglass and steel coaches with individual lap bars, interlocking seat belts and padded head restraint systems
-Train Colors: Black cherry; Indy green; fluorescent purple; cobalt blue; sunshine yellow; and sunset red

WORLD RECORDS
-Firsts for Top Thrill Dragster First roller coaster EVER to top 400 feet
-First coaster EVER to reach speeds of 120 mph
-First “strata-coaster” built on planet Earth
-CEDAR POINT HAS HELD THE TITLE OF WORLD'S TALLEST ROLLER COASTER FOUR TIMES!
Gemini (125 feet, 4 inches)
Magnum XL-200 (205 feet)
Millennium Force (310 feet)
Top Thrill Dragster (420 feet)

INVESTMENT
Investment $25 million

Cannon WAIT until this summer. :)

Egad! As if Millenium Force wasn't enough! - A Black Falcon - 14th February 2003

If you couldn't guess from my last post, there is no way in the world that I'd EVER go on that thing... wow, is it big...

Egad! As if Millenium Force wasn't enough! - OB1 - 14th February 2003

I wonder if my account is going to brake once I reach 10,000 posts.

Egad! As if Millenium Force wasn't enough! - A Black Falcon - 15th February 2003

I wish it would... :)

Egad! As if Millenium Force wasn't enough! - OB1 - 15th February 2003

Then you'd be all alone...

Egad! As if Millenium Force wasn't enough! - A Black Falcon - 15th February 2003

No, you could sign up again.... at zero... :)

Oh well, it worked. There goes that idea...