Tendo City
The story of your avatar - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The story of your avatar (/showthread.php?tid=2775)

Pages: 1 2

The story of your avatar - Paco - 17th April 2005

Legend of the Bueno Taco

Long have there been stories told of the now legendary Bueno Taco. A recipe of a taco of unequaled pleasure for the taste buds, some say it is the most stimulating experience they've ever had with their mouths.

As with most great things, the Bueno Taco was founded by mistake. A foolish girl, Maria, and her friend, Nina, had strayed from the traditional recipe handed down to them. The blasephemous act was considered sin, and they had been ashamed, however they were not going to let the tacos go to waste. Upon tasting the bastard tacos they realized they had created something better than they could ever imagine. They patented the recipe and began to sell the tacos in great quantity.

However, there are consequences for consuming such greatness. As you take each bite it begins to take hold of your thoughts, and then the very reason for your existence. Eventually nothing else matters but getting more taco.

By the time Maria and Nina realized what they had done it was already too late. The taco had consumed the thoughts of many, and started the decay of an entire civilization.

Destroying the recipe was their only option. When they tried to set fire to the paper they found it would not burn. When they tried to cut it up they ruined the knife. When they buried it they would later find it unearthed. It seems nothing could be done to rid themselves of the bueno taco. Their solution was to make a pact, a promise to eachother to never reveal the contents of the recipe to anyone ever again. They would have to pass the indestructible recipe down through the generations, making sure they knew there would be grave consequences if they did not uphold to their responsibility.

El Feo Bandito is a well known pursuer of the recipe. He is crafty, he is cunning, and he has demonstrated he will stop at nothing to taste the Legendary Bueno Taco!

Below is a picture. Ph33r him!

The story of your avatar - Dark Jaguar - 17th April 2005

...Is it Maria or Mana? Also, Taco Bueno's tacos really aren't that good...

I prefer burritos and nachos... maybe one of those things where they stuff the bread full of meat and slather the whole thing in cheese sauce.

...My avatar is boring as heck, but at least it takes up 5 or 6 dimensions.

The story of your avatar - A Black Falcon - 17th April 2005

Mexican food is good... tacos, burritos, quesadillas, etc... just not beef ones, I don't like beef. It's annoying that you can't find bean tacos in most restaurants, so I almost never get them... maybe a chicken one every once in a while.

The story of your avatar - Great Rumbler - 17th April 2005

Taco Bueno is at once the bee's knees and the cat's pajamas, especially their tamales. Now that's good eating!

My avatar is from the anime Kino's Journey, which OB1 has still not seen more than the first episode of despite my repeated admonishments to the contrary.

OB1 found mine to replace my old, more boring, Black Falcon lego figure image that I had found on the site http://www.lugnet.com.

The story of your avatar - Geno - 17th April 2005

The story of my avatar: I one day became obsessed with Homsar and so I made a Homsar avatar. The end.

I change my avatar every few months as my interest changes. I probably change it more than anybody else here changes their avatar with the exception of ASM, who used to change his every week or so. (Has he changed it lately? I don't think he has.)

Those two avatars are the only ones I've had in all the years I've been here. :) Of course, at first I didn't have an avatar, but once I got one that's the one I've kept.

The story of your avatar - Weltall - 17th April 2005

Mine changes with my moods. Right now I happen to be infatuated with Jenna Fischer. I've had at least a hundred avatars in my time.

Yeah, mine also changes with my mood. Some avatars I've had include:

Kenshin
Pinky and the Brain
Strong Bad
Snickers (my rabbit)
DJ (my hamster, R.I.P.)
Stan and Wendy of South Park
Kenny of South Park
Tweek of South Park
Black Mage boogie
Red XIII
Mr. Hankey of South Park

And some others I can't think of right now. But yeah, I've had quite a few different avatars before this Homsar one. My title and sig usually change when my avatar does in order to correspond with whatever my avatar is.

The story of your avatar - OB1 - 17th April 2005

Mine is Eduardo the Magical Toaster v1, from my game.

As opposed to the Brave Little Toaster, who looks like this:

[Image: toaster_1.jpg]

The story of your avatar - Paco - 17th April 2005

Dark Jaguar Wrote:...Is it Maria or Mana? Also, Taco Bueno's tacos really aren't that good...

I prefer burritos and nachos... maybe one of those things where they stuff the bread full of meat and slather the whole thing in cheese sauce.

...My avatar is boring as heck, but at least it takes up 5 or 6 dimensions.

Maria Consuelo is her name, and her friend is Nina Frias.

I was going to go into a deeper history, involving a Grande Counsil and all but I figured it was already too much for a silly avatar.

I was hoping someone would be creative with theirs and just make some bullshit up to give me a good laugh. Oh well...:bummed:

The Brave Little Toaster doesn't look much like OB1's avatar, really...

The story of your avatar - EdenMaster - 17th April 2005

I watched a Flash on Newgrounds called The Decline of Videogaming Episode 2, and it featured a Canadian remake of FFX. Being a fan of FFX, I took a screenshot of the Auron, resized it, and here we are.

I've had a million avatars too...here's some old ones of mine I managed to dig up:

The story of your avatar - A Black Falcon - 18th April 2005

SpinnyShiggy is spinning pretty fast there... I thought he was a bit slower. :)

The story of your avatar - EdenMaster - 18th April 2005

Whoa, you're right! Weird...he usually does spin slower. He's probably just mad that he's not being used again.

And is it just me or is the kid-eating one not animating?

The story of your avatar - Geno - 18th April 2005

It's not animating for me either.

I love the Flash with the Canadian FFX. :D

"Hey, Tidus! I farted!"
"You did? Just now?"
*fart*
"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Being a fan of South Park and Final Fantasy (even if I didn't care a whole lot for 10) I found that classic.

There, it's working now. And SpinnyShiggy is going the correct speed.

The story of your avatar - Great Rumbler - 18th April 2005

If you stare at Spinny Shiggy to long it'll hypnotize you...

The story of your avatar - geoboy - 18th April 2005

Haha! Lookie what I found! :D I forgot I even made this... Somebody make it a Tendo City "smily" image.

From the 'shiggy craze' period?

The story of your avatar - geoboy - 18th April 2005

Yes. And check out how much my Photoshop skills have improved since then! The first image is my original one (made in 2001) and the second one I just made today for the heck of it.

The story of your avatar - Great Rumbler - 18th April 2005

:D

That Gemini Man one I made myself, obviously as a rip-off of Darunia's dancing avatar. It wasn't as easy as reversing the image like Darunia's though, I had to change around his hands since one has a blaster and one has a...circle. It took a while to get it to look right, but I think it turned out nice.

This is one of my favorite Shiggies, I think DMiller made it.

The story of your avatar - Weltall - 18th April 2005

I did the Lazy Sandiego avatar. And the Shiggy Craze was my creation too :D

Indeed. You put Shiggy's head on a picture of Whitefleck (and later Ganondorf, The Fonz, and Darunia), and the craze was born :D

Eek

The story of your avatar - Dark Jaguar - 18th April 2005

Wheere in the wooorld is lazyfatbum!

The story of your avatar - Great Rumbler - 19th April 2005

:shiggy2:

The story of your avatar - Geno - 19th April 2005

Great Rumbler Wrote:If you stare at Spinny Shiggy to long it'll hypnotize you...

*looks at Spinny Shiggy for 30 seconds, looks at the wall, and sees Jesus* W3rd.

I bet we could get someone to pay money to see that...

$_$ Kuh-ching!

The story of your avatar - geoboy - 19th April 2005

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help it. :D

<embed src="http://img244.echo.cx/img244/9615/hypnoshiggy0su.swf" height="130" width="130 quality="high" loop="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />

edit: I replaced the animation with a smoother/faster one.

The story of your avatar - Dark Jaguar - 19th April 2005

I once saw Stalin's face in vivid detail in the mist on my shower curtain...

That's awesome, Geoboy!

Awesome indeed.

Yeah, I see all kinds of stuff in the mist on my shower curtain. For some reason, this one part always has a double image. Like, one side is perfectly congruent with the other when they steam up. They're reflections of one another. That's kinda like when I was a kid, I was wandering my backyard and my shadow was to my right. The trees to my left created more shadows, and within this small area of light where the tree's shadows did not touch, my shadow appeared. I have no idea why, it didn't appear in the light underneath the tree's shadows, and I had a perfect shadow on the wall of my house to my right. Yet for some reason, to my left, just within that circle of light, I had another shadow. It was weird.

The story of your avatar - Darunia - 19th April 2005

I bet that NO ONE can guess the secret of my avatar!!

The story of your avatar - Dark Jaguar - 19th April 2005

For the first bit, Genorb, I'd imagine the shower curtain folded into itself...

There was a second source of light, most likely... But, I'm having a hard time really seeing the situation you are describing...

As for me, I just have an active imagination, and also I didn't actually see it, someone else did and I quoted it :D. But anyway, yeah, Lenin's image sure did show signs of intelligence, but the question is what side of your eyes that intelligence is on. Most likely, the brain side.

The story of your avatar - EdenMaster - 21st April 2005

geoboy Wrote:I'm sorry, but I couldn't help it. :D

OHHH, THAT RULES! I was kind of hoping it was a gif so I could make it my avatar but it's Flash...damn :).

That is very awesome, geoboy. You truly are the master of the animated Shiggy!

Eek I still this think is hilarious.

The story of your avatar - Great Rumbler - 22nd April 2005

:shiggy2:

The story of your avatar - Geno - 22nd April 2005

Dark Jaguar Wrote:For the first bit, Genorb, I'd imagine the shower curtain folded into itself...

There was a second source of light, most likely... But, I'm having a hard time really seeing the situation you are describing...

Yeah, I figured that was in the case, in both of the scenarios you described. The first one is easy to comprehend, but the second one... well, the odds were unlikely, but somehow, a second source of light made my shadow appear in that one spot. Everything was in just in the right spot, delicately balanced, for this to happen.

The story of your avatar - geoboy - 22nd April 2005

EdenMaster Wrote:OHHH, THAT RULES! I was kind of hoping it was a gif so I could make it my avatar but it's Flash...damn :).

That is very awesome, geoboy. You truly are the master of the animated Shiggy!

Eek I still this think is hilarious.

GIF'd

The story of your avatar - EdenMaster - 23rd April 2005

You, sir, are my hero :)

The story of your avatar - Geno - 24th April 2005

Now that you have a new avatar, you might want to change your title. :)

The story of your avatar - Great Rumbler - 24th April 2005

Change your title to "Spinny Shiggy compels you!"

The story of your avatar - EdenMaster - 24th April 2005

Close, GR :D

Either way works. :)

The story of your avatar - A Black Falcon - 24th April 2005

Is is SpinnyShiggy or Spinny Shiggy?

Hmm...good question. Do we have any linguists here?

The story of your avatar - Geno - 25th April 2005

I'm a linguist!

Okay, I lied. But I think it's Spinny Shiggy. Unless you want to refer to it by its filename. Then it's SpinnyShiggy.gif.

Yup.