Tendo City
OMG! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: OMG! (/showthread.php?tid=2766)

Pages: 1 2

OMG! - Smoke - 15th April 2005

Is this heaven?

OMG! - A Black Falcon - 15th April 2005

Yes.

Wow...

OMG! - Great Rumbler - 15th April 2005

I would kill someone in front of their own momma to get me that room! And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out!

OMG! - Dark Jaguar - 15th April 2005

What if they already had no eyes?

Sorry...

But um, what if they had magic powers, with super ungougable eyes?

Did anyone see a Genesis on that wall?

Among other things.

OMG! - The Former DMiller - 15th April 2005

That looks more like a used game store than somebody's room. That is truly insane.

That was my impression as well. :D

I can't find a genesis in that place... I saw a 32X expansion though...

Still, it really is laid out like a used game store. Also, there's some stuff straight out of like a Walmart or something that person is using for storage.

There's only one improvement. Robot arms mounted on the ceiling hooked up to a computer with a touch screen and a menu that lets you pick the system and game you want from various genre things so you can pretty much just get everything set up from your bed. Oh yeah! The entertainment center spins around to reveal the right system and robot arms pops in the right game just so and gives you a controller. In fact, just mount the TV on the ceiling above the bed.

Quote:I can't find a genesis in that place.

Well, actually he doesn't have Genesis, but what he does have is better. A JVC X'EYE. It plays Genesis games and CD games, all in one complete package. Plus it's more reliable than the original CD unit.

OMG! - Private Hudson - 15th April 2005

There's no genesis, he has a Sega MegaDrive II instead.

Did you guys get a remodelled "Genesis II"?

Anyways, it's right under the Master System.

Wait, that may not be a MegaDrive II.. looks similar to it in design..

No, that's the Atari Jaguar.

Quote:Well, actually he doesn't have Genesis, but what he does have is better. A JVC X'EYE. It plays Genesis games and CD games, all in one complete package. Plus it's more reliable than the original CD unit.

I thought that that was a TurboDuo... but I'm not sure what a TurboDuo looks like, so it could be that. :) But yeah, no Genesis.

Quote:There's no genesis, he has a Sega MegaDrive II instead.

Did you guys get a remodelled "Genesis II"?

Anyways, it's right under the Master System.

Actually, there were three versions of the Genesis... The first, original one, the Genesis re-release/redesign, and the Genesis 3. The third one was years later and isn't Sega CD compatible... so if I was to get a Genesis I'd want a 1 or 2. :)

ok.

Quote:I thought that that was a TurboDuo... but I'm not sure what a TurboDuo looks like, so it could be that.

Seriously, it's the JVC X'EYE. I have one sitting about five feet from me at this very moment.

JVC X'EYE

[Image: xeye.jpg]

Turbo Duo

[Image: duo2.jpg]

Right, I wasn't thinking... of course it's not a TurboDuo! TurboGrafx games come on small cards, not carts.

Remember, Google is your best friend. *teh Google Image Search'D*

It's certainly the only search engine I use, but the sad fact is most of the time I still have to search for quite a while to find anything close to what I'm looking for.

It depends on what your searching for. If it's something that's fairly common you shouldn't have much trouble, but if it's something rare or something you have a hard time trying to explain to the search engine then it could take a while.

I have a hard time expaining EVERYTHING to a search engine. I just can't find a way to "force" the engine to only give me results where two words I type in are next to each other. Like, if I search for "shining force", how the heck am I supposed to make it NOT give me pages that just happen to have both "shining" and "force" in it, but not anywhere NEAR next to each other.

OMG! - Geno - 15th April 2005

That is the closest thing I've ever seen to heaven.

OMG! - OB1 - 15th April 2005

Dark Jaguar Wrote:I have a hard time expaining EVERYTHING to a search engine. I just can't find a way to "force" the engine to only give me results where two words I type in are next to each other. Like, if I search for "shining force", how the heck am I supposed to make it NOT give me pages that just happen to have both "shining" and "force" in it, but not anywhere NEAR next to each other.

Put the words in quotes. Like so: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22shining+force%22&btnG=Google+Search

Yeah, quotes. They are definitely your friend... you didn't know about that? It's probably the most basic search restricting tool...

I've tried it before long ago on the old search engines like "web crawler", but it didn't work, and I never tried it since... Guess they finally actually made those things work. But anyway, no I have never been introduced to a "search engine tutorial". "You didn't know about that", yeesh, I can only know things I've been told!

OMG! - Dark Lord Neo - 15th April 2005

I have a genesis II. I had a friend with a genesis I and for some reason some cartridges wouldn't fit in it

OMG! - Smoke - 16th April 2005

Dark Jaguar Wrote:I've tried it before long ago on the old search engines like "web crawler", but it didn't work, and I never tried it since... Guess they finally actually made those things work. But anyway, no I have never been introduced to a "search engine tutorial". "You didn't know about that", yeesh, I can only know things I've been told!

Yeah and I guess you wouldn't have much luck searching for the information on your own. ;)

Google Help : Basics of Search - Read this page and you'll be able to get more useful results.
Google Help : Advanced Search - This one explains how to use the Advanced Search page.

OMG! - Dark Jaguar - 16th April 2005

I didn't even know the information was there to be searched FOR.

It's like that droid in KOTOR, the one where when you ask what information was deleted from it's systems, it responds with something like "cannot state a non-existant variable" or something.

Well now you know. And knowing is half the battle! [Image: thumbs_up.gif]

OMG! - Great Rumbler - 16th April 2005

[Image: logo.jpg]

OMG! - Dark Jaguar - 16th April 2005

Oh I think I remember now. I used to use parenthesis, and when that didn't work, I assumed it simply didn't have that feature. AND and OR don't seem to work either. But, I guess I could try + and -.

Parenthesis and + and - work well. Another good one is site: as demonstrated here.

OMG! - Smoke - 19th April 2005

Never fails. A thread about the greatest room in the world turns into a lesson in Googling. I blame myself.

OMG! - Geno - 19th April 2005

Nah, don't blame yourself. All threads here turn into mush before long. :)

OMG! - Great Rumbler - 19th April 2005

That room is quite awesome.

[Image: image333.jpg]

[Image: image335.jpg]

[Image: image332.jpg]

[Image: image337.jpg]

[Image: image340.jpg]

[Image: image346.jpg]

I would seriously pay a million dollars to have that room.

Hey look, there's a triangle-shaped glare on the Zelda poster. Awesome! :D

OMG! - EdenMaster - 19th April 2005

I'm surprised he deosn't have a Panasonic Q in there. Remember those things?

That and a Super Scope.

[Image: image349.jpg]

Oh man! Check that out near the bottom, just to the right of the Double Player. It's a Game Theory Admiral!! Hahahaha! :D

OMG! - A Black Falcon - 19th April 2005

You wanted [img] tags, not [quote]. :)

You know, instead of taking the 30 seconds it took to make and post that post you could have just taken 15 seconds to edit my post so that it had image tags instead of quote tags.

OMG! - A Black Falcon - 19th April 2005

I thought about doing that, but I'd rather not edit other people's posts if I don't have to... and it's easier to make a new post because of quick reply. :)

Wow, this guy has systems I haven't even heard of. :D

OMG! - Smoke - 20th April 2005

A Black Falcon Wrote:I thought about doing that, but I'd rather not edit other people's posts if I don't have to... and it's easier to make a new post because of quick reply. :)

There's really nothing wrong with it. Mods on other forums do it all the time. I don't think anybody would mind you fixing their post. Just mention why you did it in the comment bar.

OMG! - Great Rumbler - 20th April 2005

Quote:but I'd rather not edit other people's posts if I don't have to

I'd do it for you.

OMG! - A Black Falcon - 20th April 2005

I know people do it, but it annoys some people sometimes, so I don't, except very rarely. And anyway, telling someone their mistake works too...

Why would I be annoyed if you fixed my post?

I like poopeee!!!

OMG! - OB1 - 20th April 2005

Yeah, who cares?

I like to eat fecal matter while saluting a giant picture of Hitler!

I know I don't!

OMG! - Smoke - 20th April 2005

Ooh, ooh, do me, do me!

I enjoy playing with kittens and eating candy!

I don't know what you're referring to, but I will say this: You are one sexy motherfarker, Smoke. Yeah that's right, I said "fark". I never say fark. But I did this time!

OMG! - OB1 - 21st April 2005

Teehee.

I have three hands!