Tendo City
Notice. - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Notice. (/showthread.php?tid=2749)

Pages: 1 2

Notice. - Ice-9 - 9th April 2005

I have contacted SiteTurn Enterprises in regards to this site, since they are the ones who host it, and I have requested that they delete the site within 48 hours, and under the threat of legal action, they acquiesed. A query into the United States Copyright Office will show that the name Tendo City and its related properties belong to me, and I will not have my copyrights infringed. I do not care that the concept is unimportant to me, it is merely the idea that I am not making money on something I own.

I suggest finding a new home, after all, what's a home when you have each other, right? I believe that is what you all told me long ago. Make sure you change the name this time, Mr. Usher, lest you again find yourself with a subpoena.

Yours,
Jeffrey Yuwono

(sorry I'm late!)

Notice. - The Former DMiller - 9th April 2005

Glurge

Because I don't know what happened to the cow.

Notice. - A Black Falcon - 10th April 2005

New member? Uh, no. But when that rare new one does show up, here's the image (for link copying).

[Image: thebovine.jpg]

You just need to know the address. Easy enough, if you have FTP access... otherwise, find a thread with the image in it and copy the link. :)

Notice. - Smoke - 10th April 2005

Happy belated April Fool's! Next time though it would help if you wrote ice-9's name right.

This would work at a forum where half of the members weren't able to check the IP.

Could always use a proxy to mask your IP. Even then this wouldn't work though. It's the same joke from 2003.

Notice. - Geno - 10th April 2005

Ha ha, look who thinks he's Clever Dan! :D

Notice. - Ice-9 - 10th April 2005

From before 2003. I've been a joke for at least six years.

Notice. - EdenMaster - 10th April 2005

ice-9 has always been a joke.

*badump-pssssssssssssh!*

Notice. - OB1 - 10th April 2005

So who's pretending to be ice-9?

Ryan, I think.

I see.

Notice. - Great Rumbler - 10th April 2005

Hahaha, isn't that the account that I registered several years ago?

*checks previous posts by Ice-9*

Hahahaha! It is! :D

Notice. - lazyfatbum - 10th April 2005

actually it was Ryan and I who started it.

Heh.

It's easy enough to tell by using the 'who's posted with this ip' function in the admin panel... :)

April 1st, 2003

Ice-9:

Quote:Well, guys, looks like the fun is over. Weltall had to sell me the forum becuase he was running low on cash. I just wanted to let you know that my first order of business as your new owner will be to shut this forum down for good. You've got 24 hours.

Me:

Quote:Curse my use of proper grammar!!

:D

48 hours this time, he's getting soft...

Notice. - The Former DMiller - 10th April 2005

I am the only non-admin of the old members? I guess you guys don't want the power to get to my head like it did when I was Shigeru.

Your title probably explains why you're not an admin. You haven't been around much in quite some time...

You're not the ONLY old member to not be an admin, though. SJ, for instance, is just a mod...

Then again, we don't want to give complete control over the forums to someone working for a rival Nintendo site, do we? ;)

Notice. - Fittisize - 10th April 2005

I'M not even a mod.

Quote:Then again, we don't want to give complete control over the forums to someone working for a rival Nintendo site, do we?

Does he still work there? :)

Quote:I'M not even a mod.

Yeah, not everyone's an admin, or even a mod... it just seems like it.

Deanna and ASM aren't mods either. You shold feel lucky, Fittisize, you're one a of select few.

Well to be fair, DeAnna's only been here a few months and ASM...well do I really need to elaborate on him?

I'm not a mod either. Not that it's a big deal or anything. The admins and mods here are godlike entities who always use their powers for the ultimate benefit of Tendo City. Praise be to them!

Geno wants to be a mod. :)

All it takes to become an admin (mods are pointless here...) is another admin deciding to add you as one. It happens... rarely... mainly because since Weltall owns the place he probably should have the power over that. But DJ and I gave Smoke admin status a little while back... but he said he used to be one. :) (On that argument, perhaps DMiller could argue he should be a mod too...)

Notice. - The Former DMiller - 10th April 2005

EdenMaster Wrote:Then again, we don't want to give complete control over the forums to someone working for a rival Nintendo site, do we? ;)

I stopped working at N-Philes not long after E3 of last year. None of the original founders of N-Philes are still around as many left around the same time I did and the place has kind of gone down the shitter. I barely visit the forums there anymore. I don't really care about not having any admin or mod powers here, I was just trying to be funny. I am more than okay with you guys controlling our lives.

Yeah, I thought that you'd left N-Philes some time ago... as for here, it's not like becoming a mod means anything as far as 'administrating' is concerned. It's just nice because of stuff like being able to access the FTP (though that's a seperate privilidge that Weltall gives some people, I think they're all admins), the admin-only forum(s), being able to read deleted posts and post in closed threads (not that threads get closed very often here)... stuff like that.

Most of the time the mods and admins here don't even do anything. Sometimes we edit people posts and then laugh about it.

Aside from that civil war we had a couple months ago, none of us really use our powers at all.

Well, I did use my admin powers a few days ago to change TC's title. Other than that, yeah, I don't use my powers very often.

I don't use them very often (and I never edit other people's posts), but it's nice to be able to use them... stuff like FTP access (to find things, like the TC Cow image...) and reading deleted posts is nice.

Quote:and reading deleted posts is nice

Ah yes, there's always that little perk. Silly people, "delete completely" is there for a reason!

I don't know... do they get that option?

Hmm...maybe they don't. That might explain why all their deleted posts are still visible. Oh well! *there's no escape from Big Brother! Bwahahaha!*

Notice. - Weltall - 10th April 2005

DMiller Wrote:I stopped working at N-Philes not long after E3 of last year. None of the original founders of N-Philes are still around as many left around the same time I did and the place has kind of gone down the shitter. I barely visit the forums there anymore. I don't really care about not having any admin or mod powers here, I was just trying to be funny. I am more than okay with you guys controlling our lives.

I remember awhile ago, a new upstart nintendo site called KidTendo... I made them a generous offer to partner with them, and they steadfastly ignored me.

Tendo City still lives. KidTendo's long gone.

Teach them to ignore me.

This doesn't really have a whole lot to do with anything, only that we may be small, but we see bigger, prettier sites of the same theme rise and fall all around us constantly, yet we stay healthy every day. Go us!

DJ edited my post, further proving that admin power usage is only for fun here. :)

A Black Falcon Wrote:Yeah, I thought that you'd left N-Philes some time ago... as for here, it's not like becoming a mod means anything as far as 'administrating' is concerned. It's just nice because of stuff like being able to access the FTP (though that's a seperate privilidge that Weltall gives some people, I think they're all admins), the admin-only forum(s), being able to read deleted posts and post in closed threads (not that threads get closed very often here)... stuff like that.

And I get to fix your posts when you screw up your tags. :D

Quote:This doesn't really have a whole lot to do with anything, only that we may be small, but we see bigger, prettier sites of the same theme rise and fall all around us constantly, yet we stay healthy every day. Go us!

Yup!

Quote: And I get to fix your posts when you screw up your tags. :D

Such as when? :)

Thing is, we don't use webpage content to survive. We barely even have a website. Our main pages most recent news item is from October of 03 promising that the real site will be up soon. :D We're more of a group of like-minded friends than a Nintendo site. In that respect, I can easily see why we've lasted where others have failed. Look how many server crashes and other such internet catastrophes we've all pulled through. All so we can laugh at this smiley:

Eek

I remember KidTendo, you had a bunch of admins in a big chatroom regarding the possible merger. After that chat, I never heard a thing about KidTendo again until just now :D. It's tough to link up with other sites when, besides our bizarre forum activity, we really have nothing to offer.

At least I rebuild the search index (which involves going into the admin panel and clicking on a button) when the site is screwed up. No one else (aside from Ryan, I assume) ever does that.

I don't remember how. :)

KidTendo? Don't remember it, if I ever heard about it at all... I assume it's from before I was an admin.

Quote:Thing is, we don't use webpage content to survive. We barely even have a website. Our main pages most recent news item is from October of 03 promising that the real site will be up soon. We're more of a group of like-minded friends than a Nintendo site. In that respect, I can easily see why we've lasted where others have failed. Look how many server crashes and other such internet catastrophes we've all pulled through. All so we can laugh at this smiley:

Yeah, pretty much... though a more regular source of new members would be nice (not too many, though... too many new members act stupid to want lots of them... :)).

Notice. - geoboy - 10th April 2005

Hmmmm. This prank seems familiar. Maybe that's because Morpheus was the first do it FOUR years ago! Holy friggin' crap. I can't believe it's been that long.

I'm attaching my archive of that thread from 2001.

A Black Falcon Wrote:Such as when? :)

Here

Scroll down to where it says: Last edited by Smoke-X : 1 Day Ago at 01:34 AM. Reason: Fixed Quote Tag

That's not the first time either but I don't want to search through all of your posts looking for the other times I did it. When I see a mistake like that I fix it.

Hey geoboy, how much more from that board do you have? I have almost-complete archives from this site dating back over five years, but I don't have anything from the ezboard and the ikonboard. I'll gladly take anything you have (and someday I promise I'll get around to making an archive... I know I've been promising for four years, but there ARE several thousand pages to format)

Ninconvert...whatever happened to him?

He was running one of those other Nintendo sites I mentioned, one that we outlasted because of our natural superiority (I.E, we're not British)

Link

Quote:That's not the first time either but I don't want to search through all of your posts looking for the other times I did it. When I see a mistake like that I fix it.

When the quote tag was written wrong and is broken, you mean?

Quote:Hey geoboy, how much more from that board do you have? I have almost-complete archives from this site dating back over five years, but I don't have anything from the ezboard and the ikonboard. I'll gladly take anything you have (and someday I promise I'll get around to making an archive... I know I've been promising for four years, but there ARE several thousand pages to format)

And how much of them have you done? :)

Quote:He was running one of those other Nintendo sites I mentioned, one that we outlasted because of our natural superiority (I.E, we're not British)

Yeah... I forget its name, though.

A Black Falcon Wrote:When the quote tag was written wrong and is broken, you mean?

Exactly. I'm not going to go around fixing people's spelling. :p