Tendo City
The pope is dead. - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The pope is dead. (/showthread.php?tid=2715)

Pages: 1 2 3

The pope is dead. - OB1 - 23rd April 2005

You know I'm right.

The pope is dead. - A Black Falcon - 23rd April 2005

I know you aren't able to read and interpret what other people say, that's what I know...

Rolleyes

The Bible's a book. Written over a period of thousands of years by many authors.

I think the conclusions you can draw from that fact are pretty obvious... that's basically what I meant.

The pope is dead. - Great Rumbler - 23rd April 2005

Quote:It's written by people, many people, so of course it's contradictory... it'd be impossible for it to be any other way.

You're absolutely right. Since it's written by many people over a long period of time it would almost HAVE to be contradictory in at least a few places.

Unless, of course, you subscribed to the theory of Divine Inspiration.

Quote:Never said I was.

You certainly acted like you were.

Quote:I've read enough to know it contradicts itsself... it does within a couple pages of the start, I'm pretty sure...

We talked about that before. The supposed "twin creations stories". One's a recap of the other, there's no real contradiction in that part.

Quote:We talked about that before. The supposed "twin creations stories". One's a recap of the other, there's no real contradiction in that part.

Or at least, that's one way to interpret it. :)

Quote:Unless, of course, you subscribed to the theory of Divine Inspiration.

Which is problematic, given all the things the Bible supports... like, say, slavery...

The pope is dead. - Great Rumbler - 23rd April 2005

Quote:Which is problematic, given all the things the Bible supports... like, say, slavery...

That happened in the Old Testament, most of the doctorine used now is New Testament Law.

Also, you have to remember that what happened with the Old Testament is that it actually brought forth slavery laws that were less severe than what was the standard at the time, and if it had stated that slavery was wrong and should be abolished, literally no one would have paid any attention to it.

The pope is dead. - alien space marine - 24th April 2005

The thing is if Church teachings and tenets are loosely based on bible interpretation what makes church teachings carved in stone that they cant be change to conform with generally held commonsense? The church couldnt hold on to their middle aged flat earth teachings today could they?Its old anti semitic views that thankfully John Paul II terminated.

If they said our beliefs are based on such a such a passage in the bible, Then you could say fine their is a some basis as to why they keep these beliefs hey the "divinely" inspired texts back it up.But if just vague "tradition" why do you have to follow silly old araciac tradition?Just for the sake of it?

If the Catholic church didnt try to grab or influience politics so much , I wouldnt be botherd what it decided to do, It would be its own private business but they just cant keep it that way trying to "desecularise" europe is the aim goal thats why they picked Ratzi.

One thing I really hate is how full of shit they are, Ratzi saying thanks to the cardinals for electing a very "simple man" ,Humble people dont boast about being humble or simple and feel the need to tell everyone, You could say I try to be Humble I try to be simple but anything else is being presumptious.