Tendo City
The Top 4 Reasons Verison DSL Sucks! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Top 4 Reasons Verison DSL Sucks! (/showthread.php?tid=2688)

The Top 4 Reasons Verison DSL Sucks! - etoven - 25th March 2005

See linked forum:
[Click Here]

The Top 4 Reasons Verison DSL Sucks! - Great Rumbler - 25th March 2005

I'm running ADSL right now. It's not too fast but it's a heck of a lot faster than 56k, so I'm happy.

The Top 4 Reasons Verison DSL Sucks! - Sacred Jellybean - 25th March 2005

God damn it, couldn't you have just copied and pasted that instead of making me go through the trouble of clicking on it and travelling to a whole 'nother community just to read another incoherent post from some loser ejaculating all over Comcast's internet services?!? COULDN'T YOU HAVE BEEN THAT LOSER AND SAVED ME THE TROUBLE??!

No worries, I can be the loser. Ready, willing, and (socially) disabled! Here's the message:

Quote:1 DSL is Slow! Now at 1/6th the speed of comcast regular service! And 1/10th the speed of comcast pro! Both Incoming and Outgoing bandwidth!

2 Restrictions: Did you know that verison DSL puts a block on all incoming ports?

3 Cheep Shots: Verison has taken to catering ads to stupid people in an effort to gain customers. Case in point, "Verison DSL runs at speeds up to 1.5 Mbit, Thats fast!", News flash comcast runs at 6 Mbit thats faster!

4 Old technology: Verison DSL needs to face it, DSL is OLD, OPSOLETE TECHNOLOGY!, Let me repeat my self! OLD, OPSOLETE TECHNOLOGY. My best advice is to cut your losses and stop try to give away free routers in an effort to gain customers!

*puts on Devil's advocate costume, complete with a leather mask and a studded whip*

My 'rents just switched from Comcast to Verizon DSL. They subscribed to 6 months of Comcast, a grace period in which the new client is given a discount on their monthly fee. Since that's ended, though, they've decided to jump ship and go for Verizon DSL, which ALSO offers 6 months of service at a discount. I wonder if there's anything to stop them from simple switching back and forth between each ISP, twice a year, living off the discounts like a coupl'a leeches? I tried the DSL out, feeling a little leery, but I have to admit, it makes for a good substitute for Comcast.

Anyway:

Quote:1 DSL is Slow! Now at 1/6th the speed of comcast regular service! And 1/10th the speed of comcast pro! Both Incoming and Outgoing bandwidth!

I've gone on their computer when I've visited, and even I... I, a CompSci major, didn't notice any difference in speed. Cable modem speeds vary from location to location, don't they? Maybe they were getting a crummy cable connection to begin with. However, if that's the case, then Comcast is equally guilty of...

Quote:Cheep Shots

...if, that is, their advertising campaign is anything like this guy's post. The term "Cheep Shots" doesn't even really apply, since (in his example, anyway), Verizon isn't taking a "shot" at anyone. They're just leaving out the fact that you could get much higher speeds from a cable modem.

Sacred Jellybean Wrote:.....Cable modem speeds vary from location to location, don't they? Maybe they were getting a crummy cable connection to begin with.....

Guns Sience When did a bad cable connection EVER! degrade from 6 mbit down to 1.5 Mbit (On a good day for Verison?)

The Top 4 Reasons Verison DSL Sucks! - Sacred Jellybean - 25th March 2005

Quote:Sience When did a bad cable connection EVER! degrade from 6 mbit down to 1.5 Mbit (On a good day for Verison?)

Apparently, a lot. ;) Either that, or the difference is trivial for simply loading webpages. My parents aren't avid downloaders, and I restrict my own downloading when I'm using their computer, so that could be part of the reason the change doesn't bother me.

Be that as it may you have to admit, downloading 15 megs is 23 seconds from comcast puts Verison DSL is it's place. And I don't know about the rest of the tcforum members but I don't have time to wait for Verison to cetch up when downloading service packs!:hammer:

Ow. and speaking of Whacking Off! I can achieve that perfect hard on, from serfing the net up to 6 times faster then you!:shakeit:

The Top 4 Reasons Verison DSL Sucks! - A Black Falcon - 25th March 2005

Is that a difference many people would actually notice?

The Top 4 Reasons Verison DSL Sucks! - Weltall - 25th March 2005

etoven Wrote:Ow. and speaking of Whacking Off! I can achieve that perfect hard on, from serfing the net up to 6 times faster then you!:shakeit:

I don't want to work with you ever again.