Tendo City
Phantasy Star Universe: PS2 Exclusive - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Phantasy Star Universe: PS2 Exclusive (/showthread.php?tid=2668)

Phantasy Star Universe: PS2 Exclusive - Smoke - 22nd March 2005

Full story at 1up.com

Phantasy Star Universe: PS2 Exclusive - OB1 - 22nd March 2005

Pfffft.

Phantasy Star Universe: PS2 Exclusive - OB1 - 22nd March 2005

Neil Gaiman is the shiznit, btw. Sandman rocks my boxxors or whatever.

Phantasy Star Universe: PS2 Exclusive - A Black Falcon - 22nd March 2005

It's also coming out on PC in Japan, I'm pretty sure, but PSO also came out in Japan and that was never released here, so in the US it might indeed end up PS2-exclusive.

Phantasy Star Universe: PS2 Exclusive - Paco - 16th April 2005

They have released previous installments on the Xbox and GC, gathering a fanbase no doubt, and now it's PS2 exclusive?!

Has Sega learned nothing about burning their customers?

Phantasy Star Universe: PS2 Exclusive - A Black Falcon - 16th April 2005

PS2 and PC... but it's anyone's guess if we'll see the PC version -- we didn't for PSO, for instance.

Quote:Has Sega learned nothing about burning their customers?

Do we even need to ask this question anymore? The answer is pretty obvious...

I just can't get over how business retarded they are.

When they exited the console business Sega said they wanted to become the number one publisher. It's just amazing that they have over a decade of really bad decisions under their belt and it seems that haven't learned from any of them.

That is true... they left the console market, but their marketing team seems to just have gotten worse. And the game quality? Slipping a bit, compared to where they once were...

Their marketing efforts are nearly non-existant plus they don't capture the old sega feel.

I'm not sure what to blame the slip in game quality on. Could it be all the reshuffling of the development teams, or maybe it's that Sega doesn't have one console to focus on? Probably a combination of the two.

It's sad, and I'll always be waiting for my NiGHTS 2.:(

They did also lose some people, and got bought by Sammy... that couldn't help. But whatever the cause, it's definitely sad... they aren't totally worthless, but less than they were. Where is the Sega that made the Dreamcast so popular among a small audience?

Phantasy Star Universe: PS2 Exclusive - Smoke - 16th April 2005

And this is why it would be a very bad thing for Nintendo to go 3rd party.

Phantasy Star Universe: PS2 Exclusive - Weltall - 17th April 2005

Sega's forgotten more about raping their customers than any ten developers could ever hope to learn.

Phantasy Star Universe: PS2 Exclusive - Great Rumbler - 17th April 2005

I think maybe some of the problem is that Sega is now trying to appeal to much a broader audience than they ever did on their own consoles. They were making games mainly for the Sega fans, now they're making games with "mass-market appeal". That's certainly not the only reason, their "merger" with Sammy, loss of talent, and a few other things have had an impact too, I'm sure.

Phantasy Star Universe: PS2 Exclusive - A Black Falcon - 17th April 2005

They're failing. Miserably.

Sadly, yes, at least from the view that we have. I suppose maybe in their view they see themselves as being successful, at least the ones that count do. Appealing to the Sega fans almost bankrupted them, you know.

Phantasy Star Universe: PS2 Exclusive - A Black Falcon - 17th April 2005

And appealing to the general public has badly damaged their reputation with hardcore gamers...

Phantasy Star Universe: PS2 Exclusive - Weltall - 17th April 2005

Any sort of success Sega enjoys is a mistake.

Quote:And appealing to the general public has badly damaged their reputation with hardcore gamers...

But it did bring the back from the edge of bankruptcy, my point being that perhaps in their view doing that is a success no matter what they had to do to achieve it.

Phantasy Star Universe: PS2 Exclusive - Smoke - 19th April 2005

Sacrificing your artistic integrity in the name of money may make you a commercial success but you're still a sell-out.

Phantasy Star Universe: PS2 Exclusive - Great Rumbler - 19th April 2005

Martin Bromely, Irving Bromberg, and James Humpert are rolling in their graves right now...