Tendo City
(So who's getting a PSP this month?) Another threaded ruined by ABF - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Residential District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: SAVE TENDO CITY (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: (So who's getting a PSP this month?) Another threaded ruined by ABF (/showthread.php?tid=2623)

Pages: 1 2

(So who's getting a PSP this month?) Another threaded ruined by ABF - OB1 - 12th March 2005

Well good for you. I hope it works.

(So who's getting a PSP this month?) Another threaded ruined by ABF - A Black Falcon - 12th March 2005

Previews and import reviews make no impact on you, so we'll have to wait until it comes out... though I'd be absolutely shocked if you back down. Nope, you'll be right no matter HOW the game actually plays! Rolleyes

Anyone who wants to see logic distortion at work needs only to read this thread. You take a statement, drag it out of context, re-interpret it until it fits the definition you want it to, and present it as absolute gospel that overrides all other presented facts. And belittle anyone who gets in your way by presenting said 'facts' along the way.

Well done.

(So who's getting a PSP this month?) Another threaded ruined by ABF - OB1 - 12th March 2005

You're an idiot! Tim Rogers is THE authority on this subject, not you, not I.

Seriously, increase that "help", okay? You need it.

(So who's getting a PSP this month?) Another threaded ruined by ABF - A Black Falcon - 12th March 2005

Uh, of course I'm not an authority on Megal Gear Acid, which is why I quoted previews...

Previews from people that know less about the game than Tim Rogers does.

Thanks again for proving me right. You know, about you being a moron and everything.

You're kind of like a cult leader, you know... one of those people who thinks God talks to them and tells them what to do and that they are Special? And who, as a result. knows that they are always right, and nothing anyone else can say to them would ever convince them? And whose best defence is usually "I'm right because I said so" or "I'm right ... well, because i'm right"?

Yeah, exactly like that. That's you. The truth is utterly irrelevant, and facts slip away like water when they hit your mental raincoat( / fact-blocking shield)...

Yes that's exactly how it is.

Even though I've been saying this entire time that it's Tim Rogers who is right, not you or I. Because the man knows this shit much more than any of us do.

So it is you, my mentally-challenged friend, who is like the people you describe.

My point is that you are relying on one specific way of explaining what he said. Not the ONLY way.

1) I know what kind of game it is.

2) I know how different most Japanese graphic adventure games are from American ones

3) Tim Rogers knows more about this subject than all of IGN and Gamespot put together.

But if I'm talking about the strategic combat aspect of MG:A, does most of what you are talking about really matter that much? I know, the story/adventure/whatever you want to call it part is a huge part of the game, but so is the overworld part of X-Com and I ignored that too... in both cases I'm not talking about the whole game, I'm just talking about the strategic combat part! Which, no matter how ignorant they are on Japanese adventure games (and i'm sure IGN and Gamespot are), can definitely be judged by anyone who plays it.

So what you're saying is that the games are just like each other because parts of the games are similar.

Great ABF logic there, guy.

(So who's getting a PSP this month?) Another threaded ruined by ABF - A Black Falcon - 13th March 2005

Cooresponding halves... it's not like I'm talking about a part that's 5% of the actual gameplay or something...

(So who's getting a PSP this month?) Another threaded ruined by ABF - OB1 - 13th March 2005

You were the one who said that MG Acid could not live up to XCom defence, something so out of left-field and friggin weird and retarded that responding to it became an exercise in pathology.

(So who's getting a PSP this month?) Another threaded ruined by ABF - A Black Falcon - 13th March 2005

It was a half-serious comment I made to do the 'I like PC games more than console games' thing! Now, it's probably true, but still... any definitive judgements (on comparitive quality) obviously can't be made until the game comes out...

(So who's getting a PSP this month?) Another threaded ruined by ABF - OB1 - 13th March 2005

Well it was a retarded comment!

Your reaction was no better...

Yes, that is correct. My reaction equalled the retardedness of your comment, since that's really the only reaction one could make.

Except it sure seems like you were completely serious.

Yes, I was serious about how retarded your comment was.

In a large part because, as I said, you didn't really understand it...

(So who's getting a PSP this month?) Another threaded ruined by ABF - OB1 - 14th March 2005

That sentence made no sense whatsoever.