Tendo City
I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III (/showthread.php?tid=2615)

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - OB1 - 5th March 2005

And there was this one scene where Yoda was hanging out in a space pod with Dr. Bunsen. Yeah, this guy:

[Image: bunsen_honeydew.jpg] [Image: bun_p06.jpg]

And... and it was funny.

Thanks for listening.

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - Great Rumbler - 5th March 2005

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1355&stc=1]

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - OB1 - 5th March 2005

It was awesome though.

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - Dark Jaguar - 5th March 2005

Yeah, I imagine to you such a scene would be awesome.

Okay yes that would be hilarious.

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - OB1 - 6th March 2005

It's Dr. Bunsen... in Star Wars... how cool is that?

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - Dark Jaguar - 6th March 2005

Yeah, he fits.

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - OB1 - 6th March 2005

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - Great Rumbler - 6th March 2005

http://www.whatsbetter.com/display.pyt?item=4562&item=6183

?

He's not a muppet when he's CG though...

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - Great Rumbler - 6th March 2005

He's a muppet-ish puppet...thing.

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - Weltall - 6th March 2005

Dr. Bunsen is really the Emperor.

And Beaker is Darth Vader.

Beaker: *heavy breathing* beek beek beek beek beek beek beek!
Kermit Skyhopper: He told me enough! He told me that you killed him!
Beaker: beek beek beek beek beek!
Kermit Skyhopper: No! No!

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - Great Rumbler - 7th March 2005

Man, that would be so awesome. So one should really do that. Like for real.

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - OB1 - 7th March 2005

They already did do stuff like that, on both The Muppet Show and Muppet Babies.

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - Dark Jaguar - 7th March 2005

Except Muppet Babies totally sucks and the Muppet Show was totally awesome.

In fact, ALL baby versions of ALL shows suck, FOREVER.

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - OB1 - 7th March 2005

Yeah, Muppet Babies was pretty crappy and The Muppet Show was pure genius.

Tiny Toons is a pretty good baby version show, though. That kind of counts.

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - Weltall - 7th March 2005

Hey, I liked Muppet Babies, especially when Gonzo went into his wierdo-land. I love stop-motion photography superimposed over cartoons, you never see that anymore.

Plus, there was a Nintendo episode, though I think it was called 'Pretendo'.

I liked it too, but have you seen an episode lately? The show did stink.

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - Dark Jaguar - 7th March 2005

Tiny Toons was more like a next generation toon world, that wasn't "young Bugs", it was new characters completely, and they were teenagers, not babies. The more accurate thing is "baby looney toons", which is intellectually offensive, mentally oppressive and emotionally draining.

Since that is a new show and I'm not 8 anymore, I haven't seen it. ;)

Duck Dodgers is great though.

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - Great Rumbler - 7th March 2005

Yeah, Duck Dodgers is pretty good. It's kind of like Futurama for younger kids, although maybe not quite that good.

Quote:The more accurate thing is "baby looney toons", which is intellectually offensive, mentally oppressive and emotionally draining.

I have that show with avengance. It always comes on when I get up in the morning and it just makes me cringe whenever I accidentally switch to CN.

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - Weltall - 7th March 2005

OB1 Wrote:I liked it too, but have you seen an episode lately? The show did stink.

Almost every show I liked growing up seems kinda on the dumb side to me now. Take Captain N for instance, I was all into that when I was 9, but when I recently saw an episode, I really felt sorry for nine-year old Ryan. Then I read a book to make my brain stop leaking.

As GR mentioned, when you turn off the TV after adult swim and turn it back on in the morning, you get assaulted by it :D.

Duck Dodgers... Yes, it is good, and shows promise, but one thing I don't like is their climactic battle scenes. That is to say, they have actual good battle scenes, well good relative to standard toon stuff, and that's not exactly fitting... Showing Dodgers succesfully evading gunfire in a very effective way, though there are funny moments DURING it, isn't exactly in the spirit of Looney Toons.

Remember fight scenes in Looney Toons? If you don't, there's a reason. They were TOTALLY anticlimactic, ended in 2 seconds, and generally involved very Family Guy-esque INSTANTANEOUS events.

For example, in the old cartoon, try to recall a battle between Dodgers and Marvin. You may recall that Dodgers would ATTEMPT to make a threatening speech to the martian. The Martian would, VERY quickly, just instantly vaporize the duck. And he'd, very anticlimactically, just sorta walk off the screen. No chase scene, just a calm walk in frustration back to his ship. He didn't even hide.

I think you see where I'm getting at. Point is, I like the humor, but they could really help it if they reduced the combat scenes to anti-climactic affairs of instant pain with absolutely no sense of real combat situation at all.

It could be worse. It could have been something like this:

[Image: 050217_loonatics_hmed.hlarge.jpg]

What the heck was that? Some sort of "gen x" thing?

And I'm not saying Duck Dodgers is BAD, it's good, but the action scenes just aren't very funny and lack... toonisms...

Well you have the old Duck Dodgers for that. The new one is a little more action-y, but it's still very good.

I do, or I would if it was on DVD. Is it on DVD? Well, I don't buy series DVDs because they get shown on TV! Why isn't it shown on TV any more? What, because I can get it on DVD? But...

*Sorry folks, this could take a while...*

In conclusion, NEVER let a bunch of scientists, party, in your mind!

... I'd still rather they took the action in a more hilariously mundane direction.

*casually walks up, fires rifle at point blank range, other guy walks off screen, walks back on with bear trap, tosses bear trap on the other one's face, but like, when he looks over the bear trap misses because the other guy is gone, so like he looks on the other side in confusion, and he's there, and he's all "but, you were on the other side of me, and now you're here" and he's like "I never moved, you did!" and then he ducks and the bear trap flies from the other side into the guy who threw it's face*

...I think that happened once...

Warner is slowly releasing their classic toons on dvd, so Duck Dodgers should get dvd treatment within the next few years I would imagine.

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - Great Rumbler - 8th March 2005

Quote:What the heck was that? Some sort of "gen x" thing?

Something like that, I think.

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - A Black Falcon - 8th March 2005

Ick... "Loonatics" isn't out yet but it already sounds so awful... Duck Dodgers, now THAT's a good rethinking of classic Looney Tunes (as for the classic Duck Dodgers on DVD, perhaps it's there already... there only were a couple of old Duck Dodgers cartoons, after all.). But this... BAD! BAD!

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - Great Rumbler - 8th March 2005

I'd like to know what went on in the boardroom that day.

WB Exec #1: Okay, so apparently all the kids like this thing called "anime". We need to find out what this "anime" is about and try to counter it with a similar product that will appeal to the ignorant masses.

WB Exec #2: Umm....tentacle rape?

WB Exec #1: I don't...I don't think we can put something like that on TV.

WB Exec #2: Oh...

WB Exec #3: Lots of people used to like those Looney Tunes things right?

WB Exec #2: Okay, I got it! We make it like the Looney Tunes, right? Except they're in space and they're superheroes, right? And they look like they might be frightening to small children.

WB Exec #1: ...

WB Exec #3: ...

WB Exec #1: Genius.

WB Exec #3: Totally.

I had a weird dream that I watched the first half of Episode III - A Black Falcon - 8th March 2005

Sounds about right... though I'd put more emphasis on trying to emulate currently popular superhero TV shows than emulating anime... though I'm sure anime fits into the equasion for sure.

But the result... even if the show IS decent, the concept is just so horrible and such a change in direction from everything Looney Tunes is about that it cannot be considered to be good...

Heard the part about the name changes to go with the look changes? It's not Bugs Bunny, it's "Buzz" Bunny... :barf:

Yeah, I heard about that too. It's insane what they've done to them.