Tendo City
The Animutation Thread - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Animutation Thread (/showthread.php?tid=2596)

The Animutation Thread - EdenMaster - 25th February 2005

I'm serious. Watch this at your own risk. Eek

<embed src="http://uploads.ungrounded.net/77000/77427_germansong.swf" height="400" width="550">

The Animutation Thread - Great Rumbler - 26th February 2005

*has a seizure*

The Animutation Thread - deanna - 26th February 2005

Don't ask me why but I get the feeling a very perverted man made that video, hey...maybe even a perverted woman....Dunno

And I had to view this with crappy dial up which sucks because it is so slow that I can't even watch it without having to wait at least 1 minute between every few seconds of video. But anyways...what language is that in???

The Animutation Thread - lazyfatbum - 26th February 2005

I dunno, but I suddenly want to join Hitler's Youth Rally.

The Animutation Thread - EdenMaster - 26th February 2005

deanna Wrote:But anyways...what language is that in???

German, I believe.

The Animutation Thread - Dark Jaguar - 26th February 2005

Indeed... Now the song alone is hilarious and all, but Niel's certainly kicks this thing's arse all over da town. Still, not like it's bad or anything... well...

The Animutation Thread - EdenMaster - 26th February 2005

Dark Jaguar Wrote:Indeed... Now the song alone is hilarious and all, but Niel's certainly kicks this thing's arse all over da town. Still, not like it's bad or anything... well...

Well yeah, Neil Cicierega is the King of Animutation, there isn't much that can compete with his style. He's absolutely insane, a necessary quality for making movies such as these. I bet if he had the tools, lazy could come up with a decent Fanimutation.

The Animutation Thread - lazyfatbum - 27th February 2005

I never got in to flash animations. I work with editing tools and footage or still pictures. Scoff scoff.

The Animutation Thread - Great Rumbler - 27th February 2005

I laugh at that pitful excuse for a flash animation! Everyone nows that Captain Lou's Steady Decent Into Madness is far superior!!

Captain Lou's Steady Decent Into Madness!!!!1!1

The Animutation Thread - Dark Jaguar - 27th February 2005

Hey GR, why not post the link to the official site made by the creator?

http://www.eviltrailmix.com/animutation/

There, that's ALL his stuff, and da Captain is indeed funny. Funniest? Well, I'll leave that to the philosophers...

Quote:Hey GR, why not post the link to the official site made by the creator?

Because I've never been to that site before, besides it is not necessary to see other flash animations once you have seen Captain Lou's Steady Decent Into Madness.

Says you :D. Personally I like Jesus H Christ. It's serene...

Alright, here it is, guys. THE GREATEST FLASH ANIMATION EVER CREATED! I thought that it had been lost forever, but here it is!! Bow before its supreme awesomeness!!

Maemuki Rocketto Dan

The Animutation Thread - EdenMaster - 27th February 2005

Greatest? Pfft, yeah Maemuki is funny, but it's a mere speck of dust in comparison to this all-time classic:

<embed src="http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/edentourney/Dutch_Barbie.swf" height="480" width="640">

Haha, I forgot about that! Indeed, one of the funniest things EVAR! I mean, that's hilarious even if your moniter is off the whole time.

The Animutation Thread - EdenMaster - 27th February 2005

It's much funnier with the monitor on, though :D

Also, it may interest you to know that the male voice on the flash is the very same guy who sang (ranted?) the music for Andrew Kepple's hilarious "French Erotic Film", Part 1 of the Colin Mochrie vs Jesus H. Christ Trilogy. It's true, listen to the voice on both movies and it's obvious.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/41713

Sorry GR, but this thing using that very song ownes that fanboy's attempt to make us think Miyamoto was evil to Rare (I know the story behind that flash... really that WAS the goal of the maker).

I want a mythril mail!

The Animutation Thread - EdenMaster - 28th February 2005

Dark Jaguar Wrote:Sorry GR, but this thing using that very song ownes that fanboy's attempt to make us think Miyamoto was evil to Rare (I know the story behind that flash... really that WAS the goal of the maker).

Huh...I have seen that movie a million times, but now that I watch it again with what you said, I can see a lot of instances reflecting that very idea. Things like DK and Diddy getting eaten by Pikmin and Miyamoto dressed in grim reaper garb changing the title of Dinosaur Planet, I had always taken as just parts of the bizarre flash but now that you mention it...I see what you mean!

Really, what is the story behind it? I'm curious.

<i>Edit: Decided that this thread's probably going to become home to the obviously brewing flood of animutations we're going to link, so I changed it's name accordingly</i>

The Animutation Thread - Dark Jaguar - 28th February 2005

Well there's a site called "DKVine" that is home to people obsessed with Rare. Namely, it's run by people who think Rare is MUCH better than Nintendo ever could be but that Nintendo sabotages them at every turn. As you can imagine, now their thoughts are that MS is ruining Rare. Basically, they were looking forward to Dinosaur Planet and when Miyamoto wanted it to become Star Fox they percieved it as Miyamoto being jeleous and wanting to label it with his stuff... I dunno it's all basically them being mad at Nintendo... Anyway, they don't get that Rare was only too happy to give it a Star Fox theme. Suffice it to say, the story behind the flash is they wanted to set their feeling to animutation.

The Animutation Thread - Great Rumbler - 28th February 2005

Who cares if they think Nintendo is insane? It's utter insanity on a grand scale unlike anything that has ever been witnessed by the eyes of mortal men...and women!! It's a grand insanity that dares to rival the greatness that is Bo Jackson!! Though, of course it isn't THAT good, but still it's close! Maemuki Rocketto-Dan!!

The Animutation Thread - Geno - 28th February 2005

Dark Jaguar Wrote:Well there's a site called "DKVine" that is home to people obsessed with Rare. Namely, it's run by people who think Rare is MUCH better than Nintendo ever could be but that Nintendo sabotages them at every turn. As you can imagine, now their thoughts are that MS is ruining Rare. Basically, they were looking forward to Dinosaur Planet and when Miyamoto wanted it to become Star Fox they percieved it as Miyamoto being jeleous and wanting to label it with his stuff... I dunno it's all basically them being mad at Nintendo... Anyway, they don't get that Rare was only too happy to give it a Star Fox theme. Suffice it to say, the story behind the flash is they wanted to set their feeling to animutation.

One of my... *ahem* friends *coughIactuallyhatehisfuckinggutscough* is one of the people who runs that douchebag site. You may remember me lashing out at Rare a year or so ago. I really have nothing against Rare, I was just annoyed as hell at these people. Rare is cool. DKVine is not.

The Animutation Thread - deanna - 28th February 2005

what does DKVine stand for?

...(just wondering)

Donkey Kong Vine. You don't know video games do you? :D

Doesn't matter, DKVine is, as Geno points out, "teh suck".

Anyway, http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/41713 is a far better flashy thing set to that song if you ask me...

Nintendo is to Nintendo Power as Rare is to DKVine. Biased bullshit 24/7/365.

Awesome.

The Animutation Thread - A Black Falcon - 28th February 2005

Hey, Nintendo Power can be okay sometimes... never heard of DKVine though, so I can't say anything about it.

Nintendo Power, unbiased? Yeah, that's how you describe them, even though it's like, the magazine is MADE by Nintendo. Yeah, I have several issues lying around... Ya gotta laugh at how they tried being "fair" in their reviews. Ever read their "negatives" about games? Things like "This game is very challenging, so those who want an easy time may be frustrated"... I mean, who are they kidding with something like that?

Nobody reads Nintendo power for the reviews.

Their reviews are only a third of a page long at best (some are just a little box), and yeah, they've never been the highlight of the magazine... though sometimes they do rate games harshly you know. Sure, it's not usually the first-party stuff, but first-party Nintend stuff usually deserves those high marks. :)

When I subscribed to Nintendo Power, I'd read the letters (because they were stupid and the replies NP made were sometimes funny) and look at the previews if they were interesting enough.

Nobody reads Nintendo Power for the news either :D. Even as a kid most of the stuff I read in there I already heard on TV.. TV!!! I even remember reading a defense of their VERY late news. Basically, "it's from us, you KNOW it's correct!" which in and of itself turns out to be not exactly true :D.

And also, no one reads it for the "comedy". They had those comics there that were never all that funny. I'll just stick with Penny Arcade.

Suffice it to say, magazines are completely outmodded. There is no point in their continued existance. Well... there's one. They have nice full color maps of places and it's hard to find those on GameFAQs.... or sit your moniter under your controller so you can easily check said map.

I haven't bought a Nintendo Power in a long time, though I do have found memories of it and that magazine that Sega made. :)

Yeah, they had great level maps and stuff...

As for magazines, true, the internet does everything they do. Which is why I don't subscribe to PC Gamer anymore. But if I had the free cash I would. I like actually having something tangible in my hands... the internet is fine, but reading something on actual paper is great too and the internet isn't a complete replacement for the experience of reading. So despite the fact that magazines have old news and possibly demo disks of games I could download the demos of, I wish I was subscribing to one because I like reading magazines... and not just websites. It's a different experience.

I understand. That's why I want a tablet, so I can combine the reading experience you speak of (which I interpret to mean the ease of holding something over your head and just being able to wander around reading that) with the net. I think the other part of what you mean is that if the site is down, there goes the reading material, thus I suggest to fix that just save the page to your hard drive. There! All is well, and technology solves it once again.

The Animutation Thread - deanna - 28th February 2005

Quote:Donkey Kong Vine. You don't know video games do you?

Yeah, I just wasn't thinking. Also, I have never been to the site and thought ya'll were (once again) talking about anime, which I know ABSOLUTELY nothing about.

The Animutation Thread - A Black Falcon - 1st March 2005

Tablet... hmm, that's closer, but not quite the same -- after all, you're still looking at a screen, not printed words, an aren't holding paper. It's as close as you can get right now with electronics, but it's still not the same. I'd much rather read my books and magazines on real paper.

The Animutation Thread - Dark Jaguar - 1st March 2005

Like the feel better eh? I can understand that. I myself prefer holding plastic simply because paper dries out my hands. Just a small comfort issue really.

Now there is one other thing. If reading some fiction like a fantasy novel, reading an actual book does fit better with the theme I'd think. In that case though, the books tend to sorta fall short themselves, in that the paper and font are clearly using methods that don't exist in those fantasy worlds. They should print those on yellowed paper with script font :D.

I still prefer something like a tablet, like just a huge screen with the book's data loaded in there and some "turn page" buttons, as opposed to having to turn the pages manually :D, and then the worry of bending the book's spine. Also, those things fit better when reading like a sci-fi book wouldn't you say?

The Animutation Thread - Great Rumbler - 1st March 2005

I like just having a book, so that if I want to read it I can take it down off the shelf and start reading it, rather than having to boot up a computer and rummage around for it.

Perhaps you misunderstand me. I'm suggesting a device where you hit "on" and it instantly goes to your last bookmark, taking all the time it takes to turn on a cartridge game system.

Maybe I'm just too conventional, but I'd take a bundle of papers bound together with glue than a line of binary numbers interpreted by a sophisticated array of electronic components shut inside a plastic case. :)

I... guess? Was that supposed to be emotional or something, because you basically just described two different technologies for what they are...

I just posted it with a "Well, I like the old way better than the new way" mindset and I added a smilie because that's how I felt about it. Nothing deep or thought-provoking, really...

Ah, well if you want old, try a scroll that's been handwritten.

You've been PotatOWNED!

The Animutation Thread - Great Rumbler - 2nd March 2005

Quote:Ah, well if you want old, try a scroll that's been handwritten.

That's just dumb.

The Animutation Thread - A Black Falcon - 4th March 2005

Those tablet-book things... sound awful, in my opinion. I guess they have some uses, but real books are so much better... the feel, ease-of-use, portability, smell, the fact that books are easier on your eyes than screens (looking at screens for a long time is tiring on your eyes... reading something on paper is less so I'd say.), etc... I don't understand why more people don't read.

The Animutation Thread - Great Rumbler - 4th March 2005

Hey, I almost forgot about this flash animation:

http://members.cox.net/video911/DadsHome.swf