Tendo City
Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 (/showthread.php?tid=2595)

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - Great Rumbler - 25th February 2005

Quote:South Korean company Webzen has been put on notice by Nintendo - no touchy our penis. Nintendo has contacted Webzen about its upcoming online game, Wiki, expressing concerns that the character design might be similar to one of Nintendo's own titles, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. You may have heard of it, considering it was one of the top selling games of 2003.

While the similarities are apparent, word has it that Wiki's character is customizable, including hair, clothing, and aereola size. Although Nintendo has not filed suit yet, it has not ruled out the possibility should the two companies be unable to reach an understanding.

Nintendorks

For your perusal:

A comparison shot!!

[Image: zeldawiki.jpg]

Guess which one is which!!

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - Dark Jaguar - 25th February 2005

Also, he's got the nukes.

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - OB1 - 25th February 2005

Y...yeah....

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - Dark Jaguar - 25th February 2005

Because it's from Korea? Okay South but...

Sorry...

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - OB1 - 25th February 2005

Ah...

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - A Black Falcon - 25th February 2005

South Korea doesn't have nukes...

And if you read my post you'd see I pointed that out.

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - EdenMaster - 25th February 2005

Aereola size? I'm scared of the game already. If you don't know what it means, look at the definition of the word and you'll be scared too.

Quote:<b>a·re·o·la</b> - A small ring of color around a center portion, as about the nipple of the breast

Yipes

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - Sacred Jellybean - 25th February 2005

Hahaha, I looked that up too, Eden. :D You left this part of the definition out, though:

Quote:...or the part of the iris surrounding the pupil of the eye

I imagine that, if that last customizable item wasn't Nintendorks' little joke, the actual areola you customize will be the irises.

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - Great Rumbler - 25th February 2005

It's a pretty blatant rip-off, if you ask me, not that I wouldn't like to place this game...

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - EdenMaster - 25th February 2005

Still SJ, any time I've ever heard that term, they are NOT talking about the eye :D Besides, they already have a word for the iris. It's called the iris.

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - Great Rumbler - 26th February 2005

But look at his eyes! They're HUGE!

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - Sacred Jellybean - 26th February 2005

He's been licking the toad!

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - OB1 - 26th February 2005

What about nipples?

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - Great Rumbler - 26th February 2005

I don't know, I haven't seen them.

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - OB1 - 26th February 2005

Ever?

Okay, why exactly would I be looking at a young childs bosoms? Answer me that and I'll show you a man who looks like a woman but is really a horse who lives on a ranch with lazyfatbum and they have a child named O'Henry who is the tallest child ever to jump off the Podunk County Overpass near the rings of Pluto WHICH DO NOT EXIST!

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - deanna - 26th February 2005

Quote:Okay, why exactly would I be looking at a young childs bosoms?

Does that mean that the child has 2 bosoms...kids these days. I didn't even know "children" had bosoms, much less TWO bosoms. *Disgustlucky kid*

Well, he has them in the sense that...wait a minute. Why the heck are we even talking about something like this?!

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - deanna - 26th February 2005

Because you have never seen nipples

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - Great Rumbler - 27th February 2005

Well not Wiki's! Why would I be looking at his? That's just sick! That's like something that Michael Jackson would do and then be put on trial for because he's WEIRD! I'm weird, but not WEIRD in that way that some people are WEIRD. Like Michael Jackson...or this people:

[Image: faceache.jpg]

[Image: Picture_039.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: French.jpg]

[Image: horror.gif]

[Image: surrender.jpg]

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - deanna - 27th February 2005

Yeah, you are right, GR

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - lazyfatbum - 27th February 2005

Holy krap.

Somebody's going to win the 'Least Original' award this year.

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - Geno - 28th February 2005

lazyfatbum Wrote:Holy krap.

Somebody's going to win the 'Least Original' award this year.

You mean for the anti-French magazine? Seriously though, French jokes stopped being funny sometime in 2003... you know, around the time the French were proven right about Iraq not having WMD.

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - EdenMaster - 28th February 2005

Geno Wrote:You mean for the anti-French magazine? Seriously though, French jokes stopped being funny sometime in 2003... you know, around the time the French were proven right about Iraq not having WMD.

Actually, I believe he's referring to the Link look alike. You know, THE REASON FOR THE THREAD :D

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - Great Rumbler - 28th February 2005

Quote:You mean for the anti-French magazine? Seriously though, French jokes stopped being funny sometime in 2003... you know, around the time the French were proven right about Iraq not having WMD.

Stop making fun of the French? You may as well take away apple pie and baseball!!

The great bastion of insanity, Fark.com, agrees with me anyway.

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - Geno - 28th February 2005

I'm a trendy totebag!

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - Great Rumbler - 28th February 2005

You're a looney!

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - Dark Jaguar - 28th February 2005

That sure is a good song thar. Who wants to hear of it 50 more times?

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - OB1 - 28th February 2005

The French make really good games and movies though.

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - A Black Falcon - 28th February 2005

And were right, as Geno said.

As for Fark, it's right-wing about politics, I think...

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - OB1 - 28th February 2005

Yeah but we totally liberated Iraq! That was totally the plan from the beginning!

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - A Black Falcon - 28th February 2005

If you believe that, you've been watching Fox News. :)

Indeed.

Quote:As for Fark, it's right-wing about politics, I think...

Right-wing? Are you friggen' kidding me? Every other post at Fark is bashing President Bush or fundamentalist or Republicans or conservatives! Right-wing? Not even close.

Quote:The French make really good games and movies though.

True that, but it doesn't mean that I can't have a good laugh at their expense.

Quote:Right-wing? Are you friggen' kidding me? Every other post at Fark is bashing President Bush or fundamentalist or Republicans or conservatives! Right-wing? Not even close.

I mean their news headlines, not the people who post there... I don't read the comments. And not always, but enough that it's definitely noticable.

Quote:True that, but it doesn't mean that I can't have a good laugh at their expense.

It does if they're pretty much innocent of what you accuse them of... sure, France has done bad things before -- every country has -- but "they always surrender"? Stupid and not true.

Haha, kind of though.

Quote:I mean their news headlines, not the people who post there... I don't read the comments. And not always, but enough that it's definitely noticable.

What does that have to do with anything? They steal news items from other people!

Quote:It does if they're pretty much innocent of what you accuse them of... sure, France has done bad things before -- every country has -- but "they always surrender"? Stupid and not true.

Oh come on! Over 75% of jokes ever made are over-exaggerations of the truth for comedic purposes!

*France surrenders*

Quote:What does that have to do with anything? They steal news items from other people!

True. But the headlines are annoying sometimes. Oh well... that stupid thing they put in every single sports-related headline is worse, for sure.

Quote:Oh come on! Over 75% of jokes ever made are over-exaggerations of the truth for comedic purposes!

But most of the complaints against France have not been made purely in jest...

Quote:True. But the headlines are annoying sometimes.

You're so weird, ABF.

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - Dark Jaguar - 28th February 2005

Well granted... but that could be said of you as well. As an aside, yeah those articles are stupid...

Um... what are we talking about?

Nintendo livid over Link look-a-like which may lead to lawsuit...in London!!!1 - deanna - 28th February 2005

Great Rumbler Wrote:You're so weird, ABF.

Lol GR, you crack me up

Quote:Um... what are we talking about?

Fark.com, the internet's greatest bastion of insanity.