Tendo City
People don't kill people, videogames kill people - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: People don't kill people, videogames kill people (/showthread.php?tid=2593)

People don't kill people, videogames kill people - Great Rumbler - 24th February 2005

[Image: 20050221l.jpg]

[Image: 20050223l.jpg]

It's fairly accurate. :)

People don't kill people, videogames kill people - A Black Falcon - 24th February 2005

Too tasteless to be funny, really...

People don't kill people, videogames kill people - Great Rumbler - 24th February 2005

Tastless? Not REALLY. Over-the-top? Okay, now that's totally true.

People don't kill people, videogames kill people - OB1 - 24th February 2005

ABF has no sense of humor, remember?

People don't kill people, videogames kill people - A Black Falcon - 24th February 2005

:hammer:

Case in point.

Okay so it did have some wanton violence, but come on! That last panel was hilarious!

The last panel is funny, yes... but the comic as a whole is tasteless.

On what basis?

Because Tycho killed his girlfriend in a super unrealistic fashion taken from a video game, that's why!

People don't kill people, videogames kill people - Sacred Jellybean - 24th February 2005

That isn't tasteless. Who cares if there's a little blood, and it involves someone dying? We're not 11 years old, you know.

Anyway, funny comic. :D PA is right on the mark.

It's funny because he's so stupid that he tries to do a move from Splinter Cell on his girlfriend and winds up killing her in a way that is extremely unrealistic and is then lured into suing makers of the game because he wants 20 million dollars! How is that not funny?

[Image: potatowned.gif]

Hahaha! That's awesome! :D

"You better believe it, son."

[Image: pub210-1_sm.jpg]

It's not working.

People don't kill people, videogames kill people - EdenMaster - 24th February 2005

Ah, yes, gotta love Penny Arcade. I don't think it's tasteless, it's making fun of the fact that people really DO sue over stuff like that.

Oh, and...

[Image: potatowned.gif]

That is the greatest thing I have seen in a long time :D

People don't kill people, videogames kill people - Dark Jaguar - 25th February 2005

Besides, notice what she was making before that happened? A sandwitch, with something red on it.

People don't kill people, videogames kill people - Sacred Jellybean - 25th February 2005

Ketchup?!? Oh, christ... okay, NOW it's tasteless. I see what ABF meant all along.

People don't kill people, videogames kill people - Great Rumbler - 25th February 2005

Hahaha! :D

People don't kill people, videogames kill people - Geno - 25th February 2005

Ha ha ha... TASTEless! I get it!

But... I LIKE ketchup!

That comic was funny though. :D

People don't kill people, videogames kill people - OB1 - 25th February 2005

Crap I did not notice that, DJ. Keen eye!

People don't kill people, videogames kill people - Great Rumbler - 25th February 2005

When you look at it closely, with that fact in mind, you see that it's not really BLOOD that she's covered in, but in fact KETCHUP! Insane!

[Image: 20050225l.jpg]

People don't kill people, videogames kill people - A Black Falcon - 25th February 2005

But isn't the team that made Splinter Cell in Canada, not France? :)

That's not the point!

People don't kill people, videogames kill people - Great Rumbler - 28th February 2005

[Image: 20050228l.jpg]

:D

People don't kill people, videogames kill people - Dark Jaguar - 28th February 2005

You know, you may think what he meant by that was he has like all the laws written down on paper. But the reality is he actually has the noncoropreal concept of law itself manifest in physical form... in his briefcase. It's true you know.

People don't kill people, videogames kill people - Great Rumbler - 28th February 2005

It's really just blank papers.

People don't kill people, videogames kill people - Dark Jaguar - 28th February 2005

I'm talking about NEXT to the blank papers, the swirling sparkling mass of energy?

GR: Where?

DJ: THERE!

GR: Oh... OH!

GR: Wait a minute...that's just a pop-tart!

DJ: No, see it's a swirling mass of...fruit filling...and stuff...

GR: ...

DJ: I enjoy tasting copper penguins.