Tendo City
Is Darunia Really a Goron? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Den of the Philociraptor (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Is Darunia Really a Goron? (/showthread.php?tid=2583)

Pages: 1 2

Is Darunia Really a Goron? - Darunia - 22nd February 2005

Is his Most Excellently Exhalted, Austere and August Majesty, Marcus Darunius VII, Sovereign Lord of Goron City, Great Britain, Hyrule, and Tendo City actually a real-life, breathing Goron? Or, alternately, is he something else, like a shoe or something? Discuss.

(btw, yes I am.)

Is Darunia Really a Goron? - Dark Jaguar - 22nd February 2005

Yes, you are a Goron, in the sense that lilliputians are human. You're a frickin' inch tall man!

That ain't Hyrule! It's a napkin! I know! My katamari rolled it up the other day! I don't care what you say, that was not an earthquake, and no the roaches living under the thing were not calmed by your address labelling the coffee stain a disaster zone and that you were committed to restoring power to the area.

Is Darunia Really a Goron? - EdenMaster - 23rd February 2005

Darunia Wrote:Is his Most Excellently Exhalted, Austere and August Majesty, Marcus Darunius VII, Sovereign Lord of Goron City, Great Britain, Hyrule, and Tendo City actually a real-life, breathing Goron? Or, alternately, is he something else, like a shoe or something? Discuss.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say...that you are human. I'm guessing your name is Ben and you live in Massachusetts, you're in your early 20s, and you attend college.

Hey, but that's just m guess. I could be way off :D

Is Darunia Really a Goron? - Great Rumbler - 23rd February 2005

Umm...I'm guessing...a shoe? A bacon shoe, right?

Is Darunia Really a Goron? - Darunia - 23rd February 2005

DJ: WRONG!

EM: WRONG

GR: WRONG!

I don't know how these "inch-tall-human" rumors came to be, but listen to me----THEY STOP NOW. Napkin-kingdom? Try a royal domain stretching over 5,00,000 hectares! And in case you simples didn't know, Goron troops seized Tendo City and proclaimed it a protectorate of the Goron Empire in 1974. Yea, that's right---I OWN all of you.

Discussion: terminated.

5,00,000 hectares? What kind of number is that?

Is Darunia Really a Goron? - Dark Jaguar - 23rd February 2005

Inch tall goron silly, not inch tall human. Let me ask you this. If you are so powerful, why is it that I can just edit your posts and absolutely NOTHING will happen to me? You've "killed" me countless times, and honestly I was THERE, at home surfing the net! Nothing happened! So, the only conclusion I CAN reach is that you attacked something else by mistake. Since nothing around was disturbed even a little bit, you must be tiny. Let me remind you that Moiraine or whoever actually carried you around like a baby for a week or so. You have all the distructive potential of Stewy, minus the resources.

Is Darunia Really a Goron? - deanna - 23rd February 2005

Whats a Goron??

It's a creature made of rock from the Legend of Zelda games.

Quote:! So, the only conclusion I CAN reach is that you attacked something else by mistake. Since nothing around was disturbed even a little bit, you must be tiny.

One time my glass fell over for no reason.

I certainly hope it was empty. Spilled milk is enough to cry over!

Of course it is! The milk gets all over the floor and you have to go get a wet towel to clean it up! But, no, it was empty.

Ok...a convo. about milk!! YEAH! REVELANCE ROCKS!!!

Is Darunia Really a Goron? - Sacred Jellybean - 23rd February 2005

Quote:It's a creature made of rock from the Legend of Zelda games.

Are they actually made of rock? I've always assumed that rocks were just part of their diet... unless, you know, the whole "you are what you eat" thing applies here.

Dexter: Ahh, just shut up and make me a sandwich!
Computer: *fires laser beam that transforms Dexter into a sandwich*

Revelance?

revelance....um nothing has been revelant around here lately...so revelance rocks!

Relevant, I believe, is the word.

that was the joke...you ruined it :bummed: jk, thats me multitasking :D

but anyways...relevance- the quality or state of being relevant : relation to the matter at hand

Is Darunia Really a Goron? - OB1 - 24th February 2005

I watched the first episode of Kino the Journeyful Wonderer last night. Pretty neat. You can totally tell that Kino is a girl, though. I mean she sounds just like a girl. And they got a grown woman to do her English dub, which I listened to for a few seconds. And not a woman that does a little boy's voice, just a woman that does a very mature woman's voice. The Japanese track sounds younger. But very girly.

So yeah you're dumb if you didn't figure that. :meat:

Is Darunia Really a Goron? - Great Rumbler - 24th February 2005

By the way, the English track and the Japanese track or both good in the own right, so you should probably listen to both at least once.

If you think the first episode is good just wait till you get to the rest of the series. :)

I despise the voices they use in the English sub. Kino sounds like a 35-year-old woman and the motorcycle sounds like a retarded sidekick from Pokemon.

Dunno

You didn't think the middle-aged woman voice sounded weird?

What can I say? After having listened to both tracks through the whole series I thought each was good in its own way.

Quote:Kino sounds like a 35-year-old woman

A hard life on the road will do that to you, or so I've been told.

Not when you're like 15 or something!

Maybe!

Well, anyway, that's besides the point. And that point is that Kino's Journey is one of the greatest anime series ever and you need to hurry up and watch the rest of it!

I'm at work, dumb-butt!

And you need to hurry up and friggin watch Oldboy already more than I need to watch Kino.

The need is equal! And anyway I'll watch it as soon as I get some DVDRs which will be this weekend, okay?!

The need is nowhere near equal because Oldboy is way better than Kino. As good as it is.

You're thinking like a crazy person, OB1! Anyway, you've only seen one episode of Kino's Journey and...well..I haven't seen any of Oldboy, but don't judge what you haven't seen because the Lord will...something, anyway that's not important! What is important that even if Oldboy is one of best movies ever, and considering how you carry-on about it so much it probably is, it'll still only be AS GOOD AS Kino's Journey which, as I said early, is one of the greatest animes ever created. I kid you not, it's really is that great. Now you go watch the rest of Kino's Journey and I'll go watch Oldboy and then we'll agree that in their respective fields they are grand examples of visionary acomplish!! *phew* Anyway, it's not like every sinlge copy of Oldboy is going to disappear if I don't watch it today as opposed to in a couple of days.

Dude I'm sorry but unless Kino literally gets 1,000x better than episode one was then there is no chance in hell that it's as good as Oldboy. Oldboy grabs you by the balls, slaps you in the face and makes you wish all movies were that good.

Okay, this is the way it is: You'll never agree that Kino's Journey can be better than Oldboy and I'll never agree that Oldboy can be better than Kino's Journey. Now with that basic fact established I'd just like to say...KINO'S JOURNEY ROXORZS YOU BOXORZS, MAN!! But, anyway...

That doesn't make any sense. You've never even heard of Oldboy before I mentioned it, let alone seen it. So saying something like that before you've even seen the movie is ABF-ridiculous. I've at least seen the first episode of Kino.

Yeah, and the first episode of Kino's Journey is far from the best in the series. One of my favorite episodes is actually the second episode.

Anyway, I told you that I'm going to watch Oldboy as soon as I can! I can't at this particular moment because I don't have a region free DVD player or any DVDRs to burn it to soooo until that time you'll simply have live the fact that it this stage in time I have an intense love for the series that is called Kino's Journey and until such time as I DO see Oldboy my brain will simply refuse to admit that anything can possibly be better than it. It's like the whole Simcity versus Civilization thing...

That's retarded.

Trust me: As soon as Oldboy starts you will be its bitch. No doubt about it.

Well, I never claimed to be the most rational person ever.

Quote:Trust me: As soon as Oldboy starts you will be its bitch. No doubt about it.

And you can trust me that once you start watching Kino's Journey you won't want to stop until you've seen the entire series...unless you're on life-support, but I guess if you're on life-support you probably wouldn't be posting.

And just for the record, I never once claimed that once I did finally see Oldboy that I wouldn't immediately proclaim it to be one of the greatest movies that I had ever seen, but really though, and I can't stress this enough, Kino's Journey is beauty and amazingness mediafied, something like that, and you can believe me as a person who know's his anime that is at or near the top of the greatest animes ever created. By the way, Kino's Journey was actually produced in part by ADV, which goes a long way in debunking the theory that Western money corrupts.

I'm sure it'll be great! But better than the best movie of 2003? No way, brothero.

It's only the best movie of 2003?

Oh, I added some more to my post too.

Since it's impossible for any modern movie to be "one of the best movies ever" since the best movies ever were created from 1940-1960, that is saying a lot. Better than any anime, let me put it that way.

Quote:Better than any anime, let me put it that way.

I must be crazy-awesome then, because I've seen some amazing anime movies and series and, no, I'm not talking about Trigun or Akira or Ghost in the Shell or Cowboy Bebop [al great series/movies in their own right of course], I'm talking about the ones that a lot of times get overlooked and not many people watch.

Blade Runner is the best movie of 1982.

Quote:I must be crazy-awesome then, because I've seen some amazing anime movies and series and, no, I'm not talking about Trigun or Akira or Ghost in the Shell or Cowboy Bebop [al great series/movies in their own right of course], I'm talking about the ones that a lot of times get overlooked and not many people watch.

Like what? There's some really terrific anime out there (Miyazaki's is the best), but there are new live-action movies coming out all of the time that just blow away even the best (Miyazaki). Well maybe not blow away, but surpass. The numbers are simply against it. Very little anime compared to live-action created on a regular basis.

Quote:Blade Runner is the best movie of 1982.

Maybe in the U.S. Blade Runner isn't that good. Metropolis is better.

Quote:Maybe in the U.S. Blade Runner isn't that good. Metropolis is better.

Metropolis came out in 1982?

Quote:Like what? There's some really terrific anime out there (Miyazaki's is the best), but there are new live-action movies coming out all of the time that just blow away even the best (Miyazaki). Well maybe not blow away, but surpass. The numbers are simply against it. Very little anime compared to live-action created on a regular basis.

Let me refer you to a series called Texhnolyze. It's a recently released series set in some unknown future. In this series lots of people have bionicly enhanced arms and legs and so on. One of the main characters is an ex-boxer who had his arms and legs cut off and then replaced with bionic limbs. One of the first things you notice about this series is it's shockingly brutal, dark, raw, and gritty. It's doesn't pull punches at all. I've only seen 8 episodes so far [I know, I should really see more of it], but I can pretty much guarantee that if you watch this series you will love it.

On the topic of Kino's Journey: Be prepared to have your view of the series changed. once you see the next three episodes. Not quite so "rather quaint, but kind of intersting" anymore, I can tell you that. :)

Is Darunia Really a Goron? - Dark Jaguar - 24th February 2005

The only way it could be shockingly brutal, as you put it, is if the main character dies at a total anticlimax. That is, instead of his rival killing him, he dies because he jay walks.

Rival? The guy doesn't really have a rival. In fact he doesn't do much of anything until around episode 8. I've haven't seen a series like this before and I've seen quite a few. There's a lot of character and it's really hard to even tell who the good guys and bad guys are.

Is Darunia Really a Goron? - A Black Falcon - 24th February 2005

The original Metropolis is from a lot closer to 1928 than 1982... :)

And Blade Runner is great. I don't know what else came out in 1982, however.

Quote:Metropolis came out in 1982?

What do you think silly.

Quote:The original Metropolis is from a lot closer to 1928 than 1982...

And Blade Runner is great. I don't know what else came out in 1982, however.

I mentioned Metropolis because Blade Runner borrowed a lot from that movie, aesthetically speaking. All futuristic movies owe a lot to Metropolis. Everything, actually.

Quote:Let me refer you to a series called Texhnolyze. It's a recently released series set in some unknown future. In this series lots of people have bionicly enhanced arms and legs and so on. One of the main characters is an ex-boxer who had his arms and legs cut off and then replaced with bionic limbs. One of the first things you notice about this series is it's shockingly brutal, dark, raw, and gritty. It's doesn't pull punches at all. I've only seen 8 episodes so far [I know, I should really see more of it], but I can pretty much guarantee that if you watch this series you will love it.

On the topic of Kino's Journey: Be prepared to have your view of the series changed. once you see the next three episodes. Not quite so "rather quaint, but kind of intersting" anymore, I can tell you that.

Yeah I've heard of that, haven't seen it though. I've never seen an anime tv or ova series that was better than any of the anime films that I have seen, however. Millennium Actress is one of the better ones that I've seen in recent years. I'd also suggest you see the S. Korean animated movie "My Beautiful Girl, Mari" if you haven't already. Wonderful movie.

If you want brutal, but not just for the sake of violence, watch "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance", another movie from Chan Wook-Park(the guy who made Oldboy). If you ever get bored of movies, just watch that. It's so brutal and honest that it will either make you crawl back into your usual movie-going safety zone or open your eyes to the possibilites of cinema. It will make you laugh at all other movies that are labeled as "powerful, riveting cinema".

Is Darunia Really a Goron? - Great Rumbler - 25th February 2005

Quote:I'd also suggest you see the S. Korean animated movie "My Beautiful Girl, Mari" if you haven't already. Wonderful movie.

I've seen it already. Excellent movie, indeed.

Quote:Millennium Actress is one of the better ones that I've seen in recent years.

Another good one you may not have heard of is Patlabor The Movie 1, which would be the first movie, it came out in '89, I think, but it's a great movie. It makes good use of the "ghost in the machine" theory, without being an action-fest or overly boring. One of my favorite anime movies definitely.

Quote:I mentioned Metropolis because Blade Runner borrowed a lot from that movie, aesthetically speaking. All futuristic movies owe a lot to Metropolis. Everything, actually.

Another good scifi that borrowed a lot from Metropolis is Dark City, which I saw a few days ago.

Quote: Yeah I've heard of that, haven't seen it though.

After you watch Kino's Journey, you may want to check it out. In fact, I've decided after telling you about that I want to see the rest of Texhnolyze, so I'm going to get another volume this weekend.

Is Darunia Really a Goron? - OB1 - 25th February 2005

Quote:Another good one you may not have heard of is Patlabor The Movie 1, which would be the first movie, it came out in '89, I think, but it's a great movie. It makes good use of the "ghost in the machine" theory, without being an action-fest or overly boring. One of my favorite anime movies definitely.

I saw the second one and liked it a lot. For some reason I thought it was called Policenauts and that Hideo Kojima had directed it. At least I think that was Patlabor II. It felt more like a 90's John Grisham movie than your typical anime. Mainly took place at night and involved cops and mobile suit police units.

Quote:Another good scifi that borrowed a lot from Metropolis is Dark City, which I saw a few days ago.

Yeah...

Quote:After you watch Kino's Journey, you may want to check it out. In fact, I've decided after telling you about that I want to see the rest of Texhnolyze, so I'm going to get another volume this weekend.

Is Darunia Really a Goron? - Geno - 25th February 2005

IIIIIII'm cryin' on the insiiiiide!

Is Darunia Really a Goron? - Great Rumbler - 25th February 2005

Quote:I saw the second one and liked it a lot. For some reason I thought it was called Policenauts and that Hideo Kojima had directed it. At least I think that was Patlabor II.

Policenauts is a videogame.

Quote:It felt more like a 90's John Grisham movie than your typical anime. Mainly took place at night and involved cops and mobile suit police units.

The first one was a bit like that, and the second one was doubly so. There's also a third Patlabor movie, but in my view it's not as good as the first two, though that's certainly no reason not to see it.

Quote:IIIIIII'm cryin' on the insiiiiide!

Really?

Is Darunia Really a Goron? - OB1 - 25th February 2005

Quote:Policenauts is a videogame.

You don't say.

For a time I also thought he made a movie about it.

Quote:The first one was a bit like that, and the second one was doubly so. There's also a third Patlabor movie, but in my view it's not as good as the first two, though that's certainly no reason not to see it.

Yeah...