Tendo City
THE REASON WHY I DELETED POSTS IN MY DAMN THREAD - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: THE REASON WHY I DELETED POSTS IN MY DAMN THREAD (/showthread.php?tid=2575)

THE REASON WHY I DELETED POSTS IN MY DAMN THREAD - OB1 - 21st February 2005

The PURPOSE of mine and GR's sticky thread was to give each other quick and easy access to our images. We created a whole bunch of them and had so many different faces that we could have entire near-conversations just with them. Think of them as giant emoticons. It was that or putting them into the smilies list, and I don't think anyone would want that. And it was in RAMBLE because ramble is that much easier to access a hundred times per day than the Bo Jackson forum. You don't realize that until you post a hundred pictures a day like GR and I have been doing. The reason why I deleted all of the replies in that thread is because I wanted it to serve that ONE SINGLE purpose and not become a thread for conversation, which would make it load even longer. Perhaps I should have been more clear about that, but then again I didn't think there would be so many stupid assholes throwing such huge fits about something so stupid and trivial. Here's what I said:

Quote: And don't post here unless you're posting some important pictures!

That should have been clear enough! I deleted ALL of the replies (except for one or two that I felt needed to be there for a little while longer), INCLUDING MY OWN. Perhaps I should have moved them to another thread (which I later did), but it was nothing personal! So stop crying about it already!!

Holy SHIT do I hate this place sometimes.

THE REASON WHY I DELETED POSTS IN MY DAMN THREAD - Great Rumbler - 21st February 2005

Forgive and forget!

Ha! Not likely.

Man, I'm never going to get to sleep, my heart is still pounding like a blacksmith's bellows...

THE REASON WHY I DELETED POSTS IN MY DAMN THREAD - Sacred Jellybean - 21st February 2005

Was it necessary to make a whole new thread for this...?

THE REASON WHY I DELETED POSTS IN MY DAMN THREAD - Great Rumbler - 21st February 2005

It can't make things any worse than they already are...

THE REASON WHY I DELETED POSTS IN MY DAMN THREAD - Nick Burns - 21st February 2005

Don't prevoke OB1 GR, he's liable to bite your head off if your not careful

I thought it was important to resolve this stupid matter.

Nick Burns Wrote:Don't prevoke OB1 GR, he's liable to bite your head off if your not careful

GR said nothing to offend me, it's trolls like you who only post here to provoke people that I have a problem with. Please give me more justification to ban your sorry ass. I'm begging you.

*sigh* And that goes for both of you!

THE REASON WHY I DELETED POSTS IN MY DAMN THREAD - alien space marine - 22nd February 2005

OB1 Sucks donkey balls!

:evil:

THE REASON WHY I DELETED POSTS IN MY DAMN THREAD - Dark Jaguar - 22nd February 2005

Be sure to read Weltall's thread regarding this. He covers his opinion on the power abuses.

Also, I might add that merely saying "no off topic posts!" doesn't mean we have to actually obey it :D. We're all admins here and it was all in good fun.

And Nick, I understand you may be upset, but there's no reason to continue the silly flame war. You should fully understand how pointless it is to say something like that. Let's be peaceful here.

THE REASON WHY I DELETED POSTS IN MY DAMN THREAD - A Black Falcon - 22nd February 2005

DJ, making peace by pretending that the bad stuff never happened isn't a way to actually have peace, it's just a way to make sure that there'll be more problems later... repeatedly saying "make peace" and pretending nothing is wrong when something wrong happened isn't the best strategy, I'd say.

THE REASON WHY I DELETED POSTS IN MY DAMN THREAD - Dark Jaguar - 22nd February 2005

In a situation where both sides have killed countless people over an issue, yes a lot must be resolved, but these are just words. The only thing really hurt here is pride. Pride can heal very quickly without needing to actually DO anything. Yes, I submit that the source is the personalities of the people here, but when I say "just make peace" that entails changing those negative and argumentative personality traits. Hence in this case, it should be enough.

Understand my position. If we concentrate on everything OTHERS have done to hurt you constantly, what good does it do? Saying "yeah I know I should back down but THAT GUY is just so insufferable!" helps no one. Rather, concentrate simply on your own problems and if everyone does that then peace can be achieved very easily. Pfft, the way I talk about it makes it seem like a big deal, but really eveyrone just needs to see their own flaws (IN A WAY THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT!) and work on those. In the past, I became very argumentative. I have tried to fix that and I think I've made progress. Now everyone else post their issues they need to fix like some AA meeting and don't drag anyone else into it in the progress.

THE REASON WHY I DELETED POSTS IN MY DAMN THREAD - OB1 - 22nd February 2005

You know I've actually tried that with ABF before on msn, but it never really worked. He's say things like "Ok so I have a problem with not having patience with dumb people" or something like that.

But I admire your effort and agree to simple ignore some people for a little while.

THE REASON WHY I DELETED POSTS IN MY DAMN THREAD - A Black Falcon - 22nd February 2005

Quote:But I admire your effort and agree to simple ignore some people for a little while.

I keep telling myself that I need to do that with your posts, but you say things that are so outrageous or stupid that I can't help myself but reply...

You see ABF that's not exactly helping, and is really the same thing OB1 says about you isn't it?

If you really can't help but reply because you actually see what OB1 says in that light, as I used to, then you may in fact need to resort to what I heard you say you should do a few times, just block his posts for a few months. After that time you can regroup and see things in a different light. It worked for me anyway. Sometimes it really is best to just remove yourself from what you perceive as the source of your frustrations in order to cool off.

Quote:You see ABF that's not exactly helping, and is really the same thing OB1 says about you isn't it?

That's what he always says as if that doesn't make it apply to him... it does.

Quote:If you really can't help but reply because you actually see what OB1 says in that light, as I used to, then you may in fact need to resort to what I heard you say you should do a few times, just block his posts for a few months. After that time you can regroup and see things in a different light. It worked for me anyway. Sometimes it really is best to just remove yourself from what you perceive as the source of your frustrations in order to cool off.

But I like debate, as long as it stays civil, and in our very small communty he's one of the few people who does that...

Whether it applies to him or not, there is one phrase everyone should hear.

Do not attempt to extract the splinter out of another's eye until you have removed the board from your own. Jesus said that I think...

This is not meant to say anyone here has more of a problem than anyone else. The point is that it is important to look at yourself before another.

Meaning, whatever problems you may see with OB1, it is best to simply deal with your own, the ones you have awknowledged yourself, firsthand.

You know, I don't get it across sometimes but I myself do enjoy civil debate as well. In the past we have both discussed our differing views on things like RPGs, mostly RPGs in fact, without it becoming too heated. We simply get our viewpoints out there and end on some terms we can both agree to, in those good cases anyway. I enjoy exchanges like that. For example, we both agreed, regarding the Majora's Mask thing, that the saving system was both something some people had no problem with but enough people did have a problem that it could have been designed better with those people in mind. I made it clear I played the game in a way that those problems didn't come up, but you made it clear that others wanted the freedom to not worry about the clock. I think we can both agree that loosing all your ammo during a save was a rather stupid thing to do :D (really, what purpose does forcing the character to randomly slice down bushes for 5-10 minutes before being able to set off on the next mission serve?). Sure, the exact same argument was done in a much more heated fasion many times before, but we worked it out that time in such a way that it hasn't come up since, which is a sign that a debate has truly been resolved. The important thing isn't to convince the other side you are right, but rather if that can't be achieved, to at least come to some common understanding that allows both viewpoints to exist.

Really ABF, take my advice to block OB1 for however long you think you need into consideration. I'll debate topics with you in the mean time in that civil manner so you have something to look forward to.

The problem with discussing RPGs is that no one here has played a lot of the ones I'd use as examples... or they haven't played them much. That's led to problems before...

Yes, you do debate things sometimes. Which is good. But you haven't done that nearly as much in quite a while...

THE REASON WHY I DELETED POSTS IN MY DAMN THREAD - Great Rumbler - 22nd February 2005

It's hard to discuss RPGs because ABF doesn't play many console RPGs and the rest of us don't play PC RPGs.

Yes. ... I have played a couple console RPGs, though... I have Paper Mario (n64), Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, and Lunar Legend for GBA... :)

THE REASON WHY I DELETED POSTS IN MY DAMN THREAD - Great Rumbler - 22nd February 2005

Most of us, though, I think, have played quite a bit more than that.

I actually went back to playing Xenogears again, I may yet beat that game.

Probably a longer list than the list of PC RPGs most of you have seriously played...

PC RPGs just don't interest me that much.

Have you actually played any?

I've played around with a few, but as I said they never interested me enough to play more.

Sure convinces me that you understand the genre!

Well he's played enough to say he isn't interested. Surely there are a few games I'd like him to try out, but oh well...

I totally understand the genre man! It's like a cosmic flower blooming over the moon of humanity's soul maaan!

THE REASON WHY I DELETED POSTS IN MY DAMN THREAD - A Black Falcon - 23rd February 2005

So GR, have you played KotOR or Morrowind?

THE REASON WHY I DELETED POSTS IN MY DAMN THREAD - Dark Jaguar - 23rd February 2005

I just found out the same guy who wrote the music for Secret of Evermore wrote the music for KOTOR (as well as several other Bioware and... Black Isle, or whatever that other one calls itself now... games). Just thought I'd throw that out there.

THE REASON WHY I DELETED POSTS IN MY DAMN THREAD - A Black Falcon - 23rd February 2005

Obsidian? :)

THE REASON WHY I DELETED POSTS IN MY DAMN THREAD - Great Rumbler - 23rd February 2005

Quote:Sure convinces me that you understand the genre!

I never tried to make the claim that I knew everything about it.

Quote:So GR, have you played KotOR or Morrowind?

Yes, I have both of them on the XBox. I played them both a like them a lot, but there was no overspill into the rest of the genre. If that makes any sense.

My brother has Planetscape: Torment, so when I have time I'll borrow it from him and play it some.

Quote:Yes, I have both of them on the XBox. I played them both a like them a lot, but there was no overspill into the rest of the genre. If that makes any sense.

You liked those two games a lot and yet you think you wouldn't be that interested in the genre they are part of? How exactly does that make sense, now?

If your issue is OB1's 'direct control' thing, well some PC RPGs (not as many real RPGs, true, but some) have direct control as well. :)