Tendo City
PAY ATTENTION - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: PAY ATTENTION (/showthread.php?tid=2574)

Pages: 1 2

PAY ATTENTION - OB1 - 21st February 2005

Alright that's it you fucking jackasses, if anyone dares try to move or delete this thread again I am going to start deleting fucking ACCOUNTS. And if anyone has a fucking problem with that then I will not hesitate to leave this fucking place for GOOD. I have had it up to HERE with you whining fucking dipshits complaining left and right about how much you hate this place, and if this continues for much longer I will be out of here. FOREVER. And if you think this place will last for more than a few months without my presence, by all means just go ahead and see if you're right. I'm getting sick and tired of some of you assholes (DJ, ABF, Beanjo) and I will have no regrets leaving all of this behind.

So go ahead, I fucking DARE you to move or delete my sticky thread. I'm just waiting for an excuse to leave.

PAY ATTENTION - EdenMaster - 21st February 2005

You DO realize that YOU'RE the one causing all the stir, right? We're trying to reason with you and you're blowing it out of proportion.

Oh really? Am I the one crying about one stupid fucking sticky thread in a forum that two fucking people use that's not causing any disturbances whatsoever?

PAY ATTENTION - deanna - 21st February 2005

:shake: :shake: :shake:

OB1...what is your problem? :wha:

PAY ATTENTION - Great Rumbler - 21st February 2005

I just got everything put back together! So don't rip it all apart again!

Really, though, it's not a big deal in so much as the thread was somehow important. Obviously other factors were in play, but probably the best thing to do at this point would be to forget about it. That's right, forget about it. It's irrational to get upset about something as petty as all that. That goes for everyone, no one's getting off the hook here for not doing/saying things that were at least somewhat out of line. Will that fix anything? No it won't. All the old wounds [or whatever you want to call them] are still going to be right there, but at least we can try to act civilized about something as trivial and meaningless as a thread full of terrible art. Guh. *I hate always being the peackeeper, I don't know why I even try anymore*

EVERYONE READ THIS MESSAGE AND THINK ABOUT IT, OKAY?

This forum is a damned wasteland and since everyone wants to ruin our damn fun I'm going to put up a fucking fight. I've put up with this bullshit long enough. If these idiots piss me off some more I'm leaving for good. I am NOT kidding.

I read it..and I agree GR

OB1, would this help...Flowers??

Or how about this...Hump???

I'm glad someone does.

Seriously, I don't even fucking care that much about having our own sticky thread, it's the PRINCIPAL of the damn matter that I care about. This thread has an average of FIVE active topics at any given moment, and we are the main posters here. ONE DAMN sticky thread isn't hurting ANYONE, yet all of these shitheads are up in arms about it. I am NOT going to bow down to this bullshit. It's the mentality of these recently-turned-fucking-asshole-posters that I'm so pissed about. They have nothing better to do than to complain about one stupid fucking sticky thread.

PAY ATTENTION - A Black Falcon - 21st February 2005

Quote:OB1...what is your problem?

He has no patience and a short temper and won't admit to the existence of either one, that's his problem...

OB1, maybe you'd be better off if you DID leave for a while. Getting so angry over things so small isn't healthy. And of course I don't just mean this one incident. Either leave or get control of yourself... because continuing the way you are going doesn't help anyone.

And it wasn't me, DJ, or SJ who moved your precious thread, OB1. It was EM. So don't blame us.

Really, I wasn't that annoyed about the existence of the thread than I was where it was... putting them in one thread is far better than filling other threads with that stupid annoying stuff...

I have a temper when it comes to stupid whiny internet message board assholes. I have lost ALL patience for this bullshit, and when I leave it will be for GOOD. I am not kidding, as I have been thinking about leaving the place for good for a very long time. I've just been waiting for enough people to piss me off enough.

Do you really think this place will last without my posts? Without my posts GR and you will only have each other to respond to.

Quote:Seriously, I don't even fucking care that much about having our own sticky thread, it's the PRINCIPAL of the damn matter that I care about. This thread has an average of FIVE active topics at any given moment, and we are the main posters here. ONE DAMN sticky thread isn't hurting ANYONE, yet all of these shitheads are up in arms about it. I am NOT going to bow down to this bullshit. It's the mentality of these recently-turned-fucking-asshole-posters that I'm so pissed about. They have nothing better to do than to complain about one stupid fucking sticky thread.

If they want to get up in arms about one, single stick thread and be irrational about something that's not that big of deal then let them! There's no point in getting upset about something like that, yes, I do agree that maybe if the posted more often it would give...support...to their claims, but as it stands it's CHILDISH to act the way I think almost all of us have acted about this. And now that we've finally gathered everyone here let's make the most of it and get to posting about something that actually has discussional value, okay?

Quote: It's the mentality of these recently-turned-fucking-asshole-posters that I'm so pissed about.

Am I one of those??? Dunno :(

They're also complaining that we make stupid pointless posts all of the time, when we're joking around and stuff. Because, you know, people like EM and beanjo make such great posts all of the time.

deanna Wrote:Am I one of those??? Dunno :(

I'm talking about Nick Burns, beanjo, fittisize, and EM.

At least it got them to come back and post, which is what we've wanted to happen for a long time now, goodness knows nothing else did.

:D YAY! I AM NOT...whatever ob1 described

PAY ATTENTION - Nick Burns - 21st February 2005

Go ahead and leave then OB1, Im sure very few people would care...

Quote:I have no temper when it comes to stupid whiny internet message board assholes. I have lost ALL patience for this bullshit, and when I leave it will be for GOOD. I am not kidding, as I have been thinking about leaving the place for good for a very long time. I've just been waiting for enough people to piss me off enough.

Do you really think this place will last without my posts? Without my posts GR and you will only have each other to respond to.

Maybe without you to act so horribly and drive people away more would post... doubtful I know, but it's as likely as the whole place dying if you left, I'd say. Oh, I'd miss having someone here who actually reads long posts, but I wouldn't miss how youre replies usually answer none of my questions...

As for the rest, OB1, I just wish you could see yourself. Could see how you take something that you have cause to be somewhat annoyed about, like EM moving your thread with some cause (not much worse than your cause to move threads where we argue, I'd say) and not just get annoyed but use threats like deleting accounts. And you can't even see how far out of line that is. That's not good. That's really not good. You need to do something... detach yourself from here, realize how you behave here and stop for a while or something, I don't know... but continuing like you are, yelling at anyone who even pretends to cross your path? And blaming the whole encounter on them and never on you? More self-denial? Not a good path, not good at all... and definitely not good for TC either, given how small our community is.

Of course it's generally not ALL your fault, but the point is that it's generally not all OTHER PEOPLE's fault like you have convinced yourself is the case.

PAY ATTENTION - Sacred Jellybean - 21st February 2005

Quote:Really, I wasn't that annoyed about the existence of the thread than I was where it was... putting them in one thread is far better than filling other threads with that stupid annoying stuff...

I agree with this. The reason I was annoyed was that a sticky thread was made for only two users. I guess I wouldn't mind as much if the TC Ava-Comics thread were unstickied, which I thought OB1 promised he'd do.

Quote:EVERYONE READ THIS MESSAGE AND THINK ABOUT IT, OKAY?

I read and agree with this message, too.

Quote:They're also complaining that we make stupid pointless posts all of the time, when we're joking around and stuff. Because, you know, people like EM and beanjo make such great posts all of the time.

TC has always been home to countless, pointless posts, but it seems like it's gotten worse lately. It seems like some people will post <i>anything</i>, just to maintain their "I just posted last in every forum whoop whoop!" status.

OB1, why are you so sensitive to criticism? You're getting all worked up over practically nothing. As ABF said, it isn't healthy so angry over something so small. I've criticized you only once or twice... so will you now continue to hold a grudge and bitch about me as often as you now bitch about ABF and DJ?

Luke Skywalker: I'd care.

Me: No you wouldn't!

Luke Skywalker: :(

Really, though, I would care and if OB1 left I'd have little incentive myself to stick around and it would not be a good thing if both OB1 and I left. I don't particularly want to leave, in fact I'd like to stay for a lot longer, but...

Actually, I'd like nothing more than for everone to start posting again and forget all this, but the likelyhood of that happening is probably 0.

Quote:I agree with this. The reason I was annoyed was that a sticky thread was made for only two users. I guess I wouldn't mind as much if the TC Ava-Comics thread were unstickied, which I thought OB1 promised he'd do.

So you guys were JEALOUS?? Jesus H. Christ, I said you could post your own emoticon-like images as well! And I did unsticky the ava-comics thread, although EM cried about it afterwards, calling it "important" or some such bullshit.

Quote:TC has always been home to countless, pointless posts, but it seems like it's gotten worse lately. It seems like some people will post anything, just to maintain their "I just posted last in every forum whoop whoop!" status.

OB1, why are you so sensitive to criticism? You're getting all worked up over practically nothing. As ABF said, it isn't healthy so angry over something so small. I've criticized you only once or twice... so will you now continue to hold a grudge and bitch about me as often as you now bitch about ABF and DJ?

If I were sensitive to criticism like you guys suggest I am I would have jumped off a bridge years ago. As an art major I have to deal with criticism on a daily basis. INSULTS and petty, stupid accusations are NOT forms of criticism. That's called being a DICKHEAD.

NOTICE: ANYONE WHO WANTS TO CAN POST IMAGES THAT THEY'VE MADE IN THE IMAGE THREAD THAT OB1 MADE, BUT INSTEAD OF JUST POSTING AND SAYING STUFF YOU HAVE TO POST AN IMAGE, OKAY?!

*sigh*

Quote:INSULTS and petty, stupid accusations are NOT forms of criticism. That's called being a DICKHEAD.

Good point, OB1

Okay but it really should be the type of image that can be used as a reply, something maybe emoticon-like. Otherwise use the attach images thread.

Quote:So you guys were JEALOUS?? Jesus H. Christ, I said you could post your own emoticon-like images as well! And I did unsticky the ava-comics thread, although EM cried about it afterwards, calling it "important" or some such bullshit.

Where do you get 'jealous' from that? Making a sticky thread that only two users need to see pointlessly clutters up Ramble City.

Quote:INSULTS and petty, stupid accusations are NOT forms of criticism. That's called being a DICKHEAD.

Yet you seem to have no problem with doing the same.

Quote:NOTICE: ANYONE WHO WANTS TO CAN POST IMAGES THAT THEY'VE MADE IN THE IMAGE THREAD THAT OB1 MADE, BUT INSTEAD OF JUST POSTING AND SAYING STUFF YOU HAVE TO POST AN IMAGE, OKAY?!

Argh, just to be clear - I never SAID other people couldn't do it! Who else is actually participating in that, though? OB1 and GR are the only ones who make those images!

Quote:Where do you get 'jealous' from that? Making a sticky thread that only two users need to see pointlessly clutters up Ramble City.

Not when most of the Ramble posts are done by us! If you want in on our "club" then just say so! Post more often! We do no discriminate!

Quote:Yet you seem to have no problem with doing the same.

I RETALIATED. I did NOT provoke. Retaliation is bad, I know, but I have lost all patience with you guys.

Sacred Jellybean Wrote:Argh, just to be clear - I never SAID other people couldn't do it! Who else is actually participating in that, though? OB1 and GR are the only ones who make those images!

Yet it's as easy and opening ms paint and making a shitty smiley face!

Good GRIEF.

So post emoticons are post replies in that thread, okay! Not just stuff, stuff goes in other thread!

I've changed the topic title so as not to offend any more people. Well, mainly because I've let off some steam.

Quote:Not when most of the Ramble posts are done by us! If you want in on our "club" then just say so! Post more often! We do no discriminate!

*shakes head* You just don't get it, OB1. I'm not looking to "join your club". It doesn't matter that most posts in Ramble City are already done by you and GR - they're at least worth reading. The sticky thread, on the other hand, is probably only worth reading to you and GR. NOBODY ELSE CARES. THAT IS WHY IT SHOULDN'T BE A STICKY!

IT'S ONE STUPID FUCKING STICKY THREAD FOR THE ENJOYMENT OF TWO PEOPLE THAT POST HERE THE MOST OFTEN, AND OTHERS THAT WANT TO JOIN IN ON THE FUN!!! LET US HAVE OUR STUPID FUCKING FUN!!!!!!

Luke Skywalker: I care.

Me: No you don't!

Luke Skywalker: :(

Ugh...I'm burned out.

You people give new meaning to the name "tight asses".

Quote:FUCKING LIVE WITH IT!!!!

Rolleyes I'll live with it as soon as you stop your bitching about OTHER MEMBERS CRITICIZING IT. That isn't mindless bashing, nor is it provoking for the sake of provoking! Members here have opinions that discord with your own! Fucking live with it!

It's one thing to simply have an opposing opinion about something and an ENTIRELY different thing to bitch and moan about it as LOUD as you can and then delete GR's pictures in addition to moving the thread! That's what causes riots!

I just gotta say something, one thing, I then I'll probably be done.

Okay, who really does that thread hurt? Who? Barely anyone posts here anymore, mainly it's just maybe 5-6 people who really care about posting here and most of them, except ABF, don't really care that much about the thread being there. SJ, you're complaining about, but how can you complain when you're hardly ever here? OB1 made that thread to post emoticon things in, which we did, who does that hurt? I'm not trying to start this thing up again, I'm just trying to understand the reasoning here, because I simply can't. You want to have in say in what gets stickied? POST! For goodness sake POST! I don't think it's a that irrational for OB1 and I to get a bit upset when people who BARELY POST come in and say that it should be taken down because it's in the way. If you would POST MORE OFTEN we might be more considerate. Obviously, things got out of hand on both sides, but really, it's not hurting anyone in any significant why by its existence.

There, I said what I wanted to say.

THANK YOU.

Mediators aren't supposed to take sides. Oh well.

Dude this whole thing is about me and YOU.

I know, I know. But if no one tries to settle everything down then there's no telling what will happen. It's my role at TC, I've been doing it for quite sometime. Despite some of the things that happen I really do love this place and the day I leave TC is the day that a part of me dies. I really mean that.

But what if that part of you is a tapeworm or some sort of fungus.

Tapeworms are weird.

TC is my tapeworm.

So...like...it lives in your bowels?

Quote:an ENTIRELY different thing to <b>bitch and moan about it as LOUD as you can</b>

How would you define that? By posting in all caps and large font sizes, and making multiple threads to resolve a topic that needs only one? Oh, and how about threatening to ban people? In that case, you have no right to yell at others of doing this. As far as I can see, everyone else who disagrees with the sticky is at least being reasonable about it. Maybe EdenMaster was a little out-of-line for moving the thread before this stupid fight was resolved, but that's it. That, and "deleting GR's pictures", but I'm not sure about the specifics of the incident you're referring to.

Quote:Okay, who really does that thread hurt? Who?

I'll be the first to admit that it isn't THAT big of a deal, but it's obviously hurting SOMEONE if it's gotten so many complaints. Why OB1 is lashing out and taking it so personally is beyond me. If it means so much to you two, though, then Christ, just keep it.

Quote:SJ, you're complaining about, but how can you complain when you're hardly ever here?

I'm here just about every day! I love TC (as a whole, not just the sub-forum), even if it's reading isn't always up to snuff. I may not post very much, but that shouldn't diminish my worth as a member or make my opinion less valid. While I may not post much, I don't post much worthless material, either. Quality over quantity, right?

Quote:How would you define that? By posting in all caps and large font sizes, and making multiple threads to resolve a topic that needs only one? Oh, and how about threatening to ban people? In that case, you have no right to yell at others of doing this. As far as I can see, everyone else who disagrees with the sticky is at least being reasonable about it. Maybe EdenMaster was a little out-of-line for moving the thread before this stupid fight was resolved, but that's it. That, and "deleting GR's pictures", but I'm not sure about the specifics of the incident you're referring to.

Like I said, I responded to provocation.

Quote:I'll be the first to admit that it isn't THAT big of a deal, but it's obviously hurting SOMEONE if it's gotten so many complaints. Why OB1 is lashing out and taking it so personally is beyond me. If it means so much to you two, though, then Christ, just keep it.

That's all we're asking! GEEZ.

Quote:I'm here just about every day! I love TC (as a whole, not just the sub-forum), even if it's reading isn't always up to snuff. I may not post very much, but that shouldn't diminish my worth as a member or make my opinion less valid. While I may not post much, I don't post much worthless material, either. Quality over quantity, right?

We're not saying that you're a worthless member, we just find it very annoying that so many people who aren't affected by the stupid sticky thread are fighting SO HARD to get rid of it. If you guys would actually post more and it were ACTUALLY a problem, then you'd have a good argument! But as it stands you do NOT.

Quote:I'm here just about every day! I love TC (as a whole, not just the sub-forum), even if it's reading isn't always up to snuff. I may not post very much, but that shouldn't diminish my worth as a member or make my opinion less valid. While I may not post much, I don't post much worthless material, either. Quality over quantity, right?

Then post more that's not worthless! We need more posters here! That's why we resort to making short posts, emitcons, and so on BECAUSE THERE'S NO ONE ELSE TO TALK TO! Don't feel that you have to make everypost into a novel or something, there's nothing wrong with some harmless fun.

Quote:I'll be the first to admit that it isn't THAT big of a deal, but it's obviously hurting SOMEONE if it's gotten so many complaints. Why OB1 is lashing out and taking it so personally is beyond me. If it means so much to you two, though, then Christ, just keep it.

And I'm as equally baffled as to why so many people found offence in it that they had to come out of hybernation to say something about it. Maybe these guys come here everyday and read every post, I don't know, but I do know that they rarely post and they want to complain THEY SHOULD POST. I can't make it any simpler than that.

Quote:That, and "deleting GR's pictures", but I'm not sure about the specifics of the incident you're referring to

I had a bunch of attachements in that thread and during the course of the threads movements they vanished. I don't know if it was an accident or not, but considering that OB1's were still there I guess it probably was.

Quote:TC has always been home to countless, pointless posts, but it seems like it's gotten worse lately. It seems like some people will post anything, just to maintain their "I just posted last in every forum whoop whoop!" status.

I already explained it. He doesn't want to admit that any fault is ever his so whenever things go bad he needs to blame the other person... and given his temperament, it goes south in a hurry. So he gets really angry over nothing and won't admit that there's anything wrong. Repeatedly.

As I said, this is not a good way for anyone to be acting... the worst part is the self-denial, of course. You can't fix a problem until you admit that it exists...

Quote:Yet you seem to have no problem with doing the same.

The essential core of OB1's problems. See his denial as a reply?

Quote:I RETALIATED. I did NOT provoke. Retaliation is bad, I know, but I have lost all patience with you guys.

As I said, he's in denial about how he acts here.

OB1, you "retaliate" in a way ten times worse than the way anyone else here "provokes", and you're the only person who doesn't know it... as I've said a million times, the way you get so angry so fast, and lose all thought of common sense or logic, and start yelling and insulting people... only in retaliation? Usually something sets you off, yes, but who knows what it was, if what you are replying to is what they meant, if they had any thoughts of trying to incite anything like what your reply was as a response, etc... generally the answer to those questions is 'no'.

"Retaliation" that is far worse than what set it off isn't justifiable.

If you were able to look at this without your biases and anger, you'd see how people here are actually acting, and how you are actually acting... perhaps they'd have some bad points too, but no one's perfect. Including you, much as you desperately try to deny it.

Quote:I've changed the topic title so as not to offend any more people. Well, mainly because I've let off some steam.

Good... but does that mean next time you'll act any differently? I wish it were so.

Quote:How would you define that? By posting in all caps and large font sizes, and making multiple threads to resolve a topic that needs only one? Oh, and how about threatening to ban people? In that case, you have no right to yell at others of doing this. As far as I can see, everyone else who disagrees with the sticky is at least being reasonable about it. Maybe EdenMaster was a little out-of-line for moving the thread before this stupid fight was resolved, but that's it. That, and "deleting GR's pictures", but I'm not sure about the specifics of the incident you're referring to.

Back to the 'OB1 does not understand how he acts' and 'OB1 loves to complain about other people doing bad things which he does worse (but refuses to admit he does anything of the sort)' problems, both of which I have discussed before here at length. The reason used on the other side is IRRELEVANT -- the mere fact that they disagree with OB1, the indisputably perfect being, makes any so-called "reason" in their arguements irrelevant.

Of course, OB1 isn't always wrong. I'm not saying he is. And in this war for instance there's plenty of blame to go around... me for taking out my annoyance on that thread and not on the thing I was really annoyed about (explained in the last reply here), EM for moving the thread, a whole lot of people for never posting and then complaining that there aren't any posts here worth replying to (OB1 is right on that one, you know.), etc.

I'm just saying that the way OB1 acts created this situation and then made it worse. Think about it -- "The thread for me and Johnny"? Is this a thread meant to incite other people INTENTIONALLY, or is it a thread meant to incite others just because OB1 doesn't realize he acts the way he acts? I really don't know which of those is true. And then he made an already bad situation worse with his quite typical two-or-three-insults-per-valid-point reaction he has to anyone who dares to question him. Exactly the way he reacts to me when I say anything he disagrees with.

Again, like with this arguement I'm not always right. I'm definitely wrong sometimes. BUT EVERYONE IS WRONG SOMETIMES. Everyone is human. Including OB1. The fact that he refuses to admit that fact, that he refuses to admit that he ever could be wrong on anything or anything he says about any statement anyone else said could ever have been misinterpreted unless massive proof is given (and even then his admission is doubtful and generally comes via a 'I'll change my position slowly until it's not wrong anymore without admitting I was wrong')... and with so many insults, and so much anger! It's not healthy for OB1, not healthy for whoever he's arguing with, and not healthy for this forum in general.

Quote:Okay, who really does that thread hurt? Who? Barely anyone posts here anymore, mainly it's just maybe 5-6 people who really care about posting here and most of them, except ABF, don't really care that much about the thread being there. SJ, you're complaining about, but how can you complain when you're hardly ever here? OB1 made that thread to post emoticon things in, which we did, who does that hurt? I'm not trying to start this thing up again, I'm just trying to understand the reasoning here, because I simply can't. You want to have in say in what gets stickied? POST! For goodness sake POST! I don't think it's a that irrational for OB1 and I to get a bit upset when people who BARELY POST come in and say that it should be taken down because it's in the way. If you would POST MORE OFTEN we might be more considerate. Obviously, things got out of hand on both sides, but really, it's not hurting anyone in any significant why by its existence.

I wasn't complaining because of the existence of the thread, actually. I was happy to see them out of other posts. I was mostly complaining because of how the two of you had been spamming those stupid pictures in so many threads... it's so annoying... the constant one-word posts, the constant one-smilie posts, now the just-a-drawing posts... IT'S SO STUPID! And now you have a thread for the idiotic things so you have easy access to spam them across the forums EVEN MORE? I did NOT consider that a good thing. THAT is why I was annoyed. Because I DO care about the forum and consider your and OB1's constant idiotic posts bad for it.

Quote:And I'm as equally baffled as to why so many people found offence in it that they had to come out of hybernation to say something about it. Maybe these guys come here everyday and read every post, I don't know, but I do know that they rarely post and they want to complain THEY SHOULD POST. I can't make it any simpler than that.

Because, I'd like to hope, people finally got a chance to speak out against the reign of OB1 and your reign of worthless, word-free posts?

Oh, they are to blame too for not posting. Absolutely, no question. But it doesn't encourage them to post when what IS being posted is in the majority so stupid...