Tendo City
OB1's game company - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: OB1's game company (/showthread.php?tid=2564)

OB1's game company - OB1 - 18th February 2005

Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to announce that my company is now an officially registered limited liability company. My sister finished the paperwork today (she's a paralegal working on becoming a lawyer), so it's a done deal.

So bust out the bubbly and PAAAAR-TAY!!

Please look forward to future awesome games from my company!

OB1's game company - Great Rumbler - 18th February 2005

Awesome! *thumbs up!*

Califat!!

OB1's game company - EdenMaster - 18th February 2005

You could have been affiliated with System Wars and had your inaugural game...

But nevertheless, what are your plans going forward, now that you actually own a budding game company?

OB1's game company - A Black Falcon - 18th February 2005

Cool.

OB1's game company - OB1 - 19th February 2005

Our plan is to finish our first real game before the end of the summer and SELL IT. And beyond that, make MORE STUFF.

We have it all figured out, clearly.

OB1's game company - EdenMaster - 19th February 2005

OB1 Wrote:Our plan is to finish our first real game before the end of the summer and SELL IT. And beyond that, make MORE STUFF.

We have it all figured out, clearly.

Alright, what kind of games are you going to make? How will you sell it? We need DETAILS Mr. CEO!

OB1's game company - OB1 - 25th February 2005

We have a website!

Quote:Alright, what kind of games are you going to make?

Right now we're working on the full version of Eduardo the Magical Toaster, which is a 2D platformer. I have a whole lot of ideas for future games, but we're concentrating on this right now.

Quote:How will you sell it?

Through ebay at first. If it sells more than ten copies (not including sales from friends and family), then we might think of some other way.

Quote:We need DETAILS Mr. CEO!

Well, co-CEO. Or whatever. I guess we can make up our own titles, huh? I want to be called Prince Semnat, Ruler of Semnatia.

OB1's game company - Great Rumbler - 25th February 2005

Well technically you aren't really the CEO, or co-CEO. A CEO is the chief excutive who is appointed by the board of directors and the only companies that have a board of directors are ones that are publicly traded. Since your company is a privately owned entity you would be the co-founder and co-president, most likely.

OB1's game company - The Former DMiller - 25th February 2005

Congrats on the company OB1. We'll all be first in line to buy a copy of your first game...unless it's PC-only. :(

OB1's game company - A Black Falcon - 25th February 2005

But would it be worth it to make it Mac-compatible for one extra sale? :)

Quote:Well technically you aren't really the CEO, or co-CEO. A CEO is the chief excutive who is appointed by the board of directors and the only companies that have a board of directors are ones that are publicly traded. Since your company is a privately owned entity you would be the co-founder and co-president, most likely.

Yes, I know. I'm co-owner. But I can't come up with any damn title that I want!

Quote:Congrats on the company OB1. We'll all be first in line to buy a copy of your first game...unless it's PC-only.

Thanks man. We'll probably be able to make it Mac-compatible... as long as the music is disabled. :( Maybe we can give you a discount...

OB1's game company - EdenMaster - 25th February 2005

OB1 Wrote:I want to be called Prince Semnat, Ruler of Semnatia.

Wouldn't King Semnat be the ruler of Semnatia? Wouldn't that just make you the successor to the throne? Or did you poison your father to get there, you bastard :D

OB1's game company - Great Rumbler - 25th February 2005

Quote:But I can't come up with any damn title that I want!

That doesn't make it true!

Quote:Or did you poison your father to get there, you bastard

It was the ear poison!!

OB1's game company - OB1 - 26th February 2005

Quote:Wouldn't King Semnat be the ruler of Semnatia? Wouldn't that just make you the successor to the throne? Or did you poison your father to get there, you bastard

There was never a king. I just like the title Prince more.

Quote:That doesn't make it true!

What makes any title "true"?? They're all just arbitrary titles that companies make up!

OB1's game company - EdenMaster - 26th February 2005

OB1 Wrote:There was never a king. I just like the title Prince more.

After you become famous, are you going to call yourself "The Game Designer Formerly Known As Prince of Semnatia", and then just use a symbol for your name, like this:

Eek

OB1's game company - Great Rumbler - 26th February 2005

Wouldn't using that image as his name be copyright infringement?

Quote:What makes any title "true"?? They're all just arbitrary titles that companies make up!

Yeah, but you can't just call yourself something that doesn't even make any sense!

OB1's game company - OB1 - 26th February 2005

Why the hell not?? Who makes the rules?? I DO!!

OB1's game company - Great Rumbler - 26th February 2005

No you don't! It's SOCIETY that does!!