Tendo City
Episode III Questions - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Episode III Questions (/showthread.php?tid=2542)

Episode III Questions - OB1 - 10th February 2005

I know a heck of a lot about the story, so if anyone wants to know anything about it or simply wants to be spoiled, ask away! I'll tag all spoilers.

Episode III Questions - Great Rumbler - 10th February 2005

I've heard quite a bit about it already, so I don't want to spoil anything else.

Episode III Questions - A Black Falcon - 10th February 2005

I don't want to know...

Episode III Questions - OB1 - 11th February 2005

You girls suck. Don't you even want to know how many lightsaber battles there are, who fights who, or if Natalie Portman shows her boobies? Anything??

Episode III Questions - A Black Falcon - 11th February 2005

Being surprised is a good thing. With AotC I wished I didn't know as much as I did, hadn't watched the trailers as much, etc... I hadn't totally spoiled the movie or anything but I really do like to be surprised. That's a big part of the fun of movies like Star Wars!

Not the prequels. There's nothing that will ruin your enjoyment of the movie since there are no huge "I am your father"-like revelations. In fact I'd say that knowing so much about AotC made the experience that much better for me because I was so much more hyped about it and did not have any weird idea of how it would play out in my mind. In fact I'd say that's why so many people are disappointed with the prequels, because they've already formed the entire story in their mind years before they were released. It doesn't matter that the actual story is better than anything they imagined; it's just not THEIR story.

I know a ton about RotS's story and right about now seeing it brought to life will be like watching a terrific adaptation of my favorite novel or something. Times TEN. You won't believe how awesome it's going to be. I am SOOOO hyped about it.

Episode III Questions - Great Rumbler - 11th February 2005

Quote:if Natalie Portman shows her boobies?

In Star Wars? Not gonna happen, and likely not in any other movies either.

Actually I think she showed them in a deleted scene in "Closer".

Cross your fingers for the dvd features!

Episode III Questions - alien space marine - 12th February 2005

Here is a question I ponderd ,Without revealing anything and just answering yes or no , Is chewbacca's dad or relative named "Itchy" or "Lumpy" does he have any children? This may sound stupid but in the star wars holiday special in 1978 which I havent seen and dont plan too George decided Itchy and Lumpy were Chewbaccas dad and son's name.

Episode III Questions - Great Rumbler - 12th February 2005

Episode III Questions - A Black Falcon - 12th February 2005

Hmm... I guess it happened, because it's official Star Wars stuff...

His son's full name is Lumpawarump, by the way.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/chewbacca/?id=eu

Episode III Questions - OB1 - 12th February 2005

No the Holiday Special is not canon!

Episode III Questions - alien space marine - 12th February 2005

Thank god his dads isnt Itchy! Malla sounds alot better !

I bet his nickname is Lumpy! :O

Kind of like Chewie and not chewbacca...

I hope its a actual boy who plays Lumpy and not a girl, Most of all the female wookies should not have skirts and Kitchen sets equiped with bread makers and ovens Rolleyes . Oh make sure his wife isnt played by a man thats just wrong like in the holiday special.

Anyhow...

I won't spoil anything, but I wanted to let you all know that after you see Episode 3... you will look at every Star Wars movie differently. And I mean majorly differently. That goes for Episode I (Ep 3 will make you look at one particular Jedi in a whole new light), II, IV, V, and VI. I just watched Empire again tonight, and knowing what I knew about Episode III really turned it into a whole new experience.

Damn I can't wait until Episode III comes out!

*is so fucking excited*

The only question is, will Ep. 3 be hated in popular opinion or merely despised?

I'm pretty certain it will be hated. No matter how good it is, it will be hated. That I would bet my life on.

Seriously, modern audiences are simply too jaded and cynical to be able to appreciate the retro-romantic style that the SW movies employ. I swear, if Casablanca were released in theaters today people would hate it.

"Retro"? Excuses! It's just horrible directing and writing that lead to horrible acting, of course... yeah...

I think it's the fans, more than anything, that have really changed. *can't wait to see Episode 3*

Seriously, watch any old Humphrey Bogart movie today and you'll go like "wow... that's so Star Wars-like*.

Quote:Seriously, watch any old Humphrey Bogart movie today and you'll go like "wow... that's so Star Wars-like*.

I watched Casablanca a several months ago...I didn't say "wow...that's so Star Wars-like" though...

Speaking of retro-ness I saw a movie not too long ago called Gunga Din, it's about British soldiers fighting against this cult in India. It was definitely a predecessor of Indian Jones. Had Cary Grant in it too.

Well then you are dumb. :p

Most of the dialogue in Casablanca is done in a very unnatural, romanticized manner, which is the style Lucas tries to emulate with all of his serial movies (SW, Indy). He doesn't do it as well, of course (come on, nobody does it better than Casablanca), but it's still very solid for that style.

Lucas and Spielberg were also very much inspired by Casablanca for Indiana Jones, as you could probably tell in several instances. The map part in the beginning, Bogart's character, and the specific wartime setting and place were big inspirations for Indy.

Episode III Questions - A Black Falcon - 13th February 2005

I haven't seen enough old stuff that you're referring to to know, really, I think... but it makes sense. Lucas certainly has said many times that he's trying to emulate old serials.

Episode III Questions - OB1 - 13th February 2005

Yes, but not really serials in particular when it comes to dialogue.

Episode III Questions - Great Rumbler - 22nd February 2005

Okay, I have a question. How much time does Anakin appear on screen in the Vader suit?

Episode III Questions - OB1 - 22nd February 2005

A few minutes at the end of the movie.

However, there's is plenty of Darth Vader in the movie. The suit makes not one Darth, you see. ;)

Of course not. He could be wearing a pink dress with a bow in his hair and still be Darth Vader!

Well, maybe not.

So you read that spoiler? I thought you were staying away from that stuff!

I couldn't help myself, OB1!!

Did you also find out about the part where Qui-Gon comes back to life and transforms (just like Transformers) into Darth Maul?

Yes, I did notice that as well. I also heard about how Mark Hamill makes a special guest appearance as Anakins older brother Steve, and he's makes the startling revelation that Anakin is really a clone! A robot clone!

Of Padme!

Episode III Questions - Great Rumbler - 23rd February 2005

Check out this site

Episode III Questions - OB1 - 23rd February 2005

Yeah I've seen most of those. Awesome stuff. And I know the context of most of them, too.

I love this pic:

[Image: clonesobi.jpg]