Tendo City
What a boring Super Bowl - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: What a boring Super Bowl (/showthread.php?tid=2533)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What a boring Super Bowl - deanna - 10th February 2005

:topic: ......Winky

What a boring Super Bowl - OB1 - 10th February 2005

Pfft, you really are new. In tendo city you're not on-topic until you are off-topic.

Oops...sorry I didn't realize that

S'ok.

What a boring Super Bowl - Great Rumbler - 10th February 2005

Quote:Well the thing is that with American Dad, Fox has been waiting forever to debut the show (that's why the political jokes are so old; the pilot was finished over a year ago), and they finally did during the Superbowl which naturally got it huge ratings (all shows that get aired after the Superbowl do great). And because the idiots did not choose to air Arrested Development that night, Fox now thinks that American Dad will do better on a weekly basis so they're going to order less episodes of Arrested, possibly even cancelling it. Oh and they have to finish the season before the end of April. So Fox might cancel their best show in over a decade because they were too fucking retarded to show it after the game. It certainly doesn't help that all of Fox's ads for the show make it look like a retarded NBC sitcom.

Why does Fox have to be so retarded? I'd certainly rather have more Arrested Development than American Dad, especially since Family Guy is coming back. I wish I hadn't missed most of AD's second season already...

The second season, so far, has been even better than the first season. It's just so damn funny.

Do you know when they're going to start showing reruns of the second season?

I have no idea. Get them off of a bittorrent site.

This just in!

Quote:an email from Fox...

Dear Arrested Development Fans:

Thank you for your e-mail and your passionate support of Arrested
Development. While the show has finished production for its second
season, contrary to the rumors you may have heard or read on the
internet, it is NOT cancelled.

We at FOX love Arrested Development and we look forward to having the
Bluth family back on FOX in the future - hopefully for many years. You
can help make the show a bigger success by getting as many people as
possible to start watching the show this Sunday and every Sunday at 8:30
p.m. ET/PT.

Sincerely,

Fox Broadcasting Company

From TV Guide.com

"Thursday, February 10, 2005
Arrested Development

DEVELOPMENT ISSUES: Rumors are swirling that Fox has cut short Arrested Development's season, trimming its episode order from 20 to 18. Not so, says a source close to the show. "Nothing's definite," maintains the insider. "There's two more weeks before [the network] has to make a final decision [on how many episodes it wants]. In either case, it's not canceled."

Ok so it's not cancelled... YET!... so hopefully the idiots at Fox renew it for another season.

They better!

Despite having missed all of the second season, since I didn't see the first until after Christmas, I now feel I have duty to tune in and keep AD from being cancelled!

Tell all of your friends!

I am so confused!!

What a boring Super Bowl - A Black Falcon - 10th February 2005

Just tell your friends with Nielsen boxes, they're really the only ones who matter...

Quote:Tell all of your friends!

Okay!

ABF, go watch AD right NOW!

Oh...you mean like...real friends? They don't watch cool stuff like that.

What a boring Super Bowl - Geno - 10th February 2005

I hate Fox for cancelling Futurama. Instead of dragging The Simpsons on for another eight seasons, why not just let Matt Groening do Futurama? You know, like... in place of The Simpsons? In other words, cancel The Simpsons and uncancel Futurama?

I enjoyed the pilot episode to American Dad, but I do look forward to the new season of Family Guy a lot more. American Dad will probably be cancelled in a few years anyway. Fox executives are Nazis about cancelling shows.

Fox shows: They don't get good unless they start out good because they get cancelled first.

If they're bad, though, it'll not only get continued, it'll get a spinoff or five!

Who's Your Daddy 5! It's just like the orginal series, but this time we spliced in some spliced in some footage of a man being shot by a cannoball into the footage from Who's Your Daddy 4!! GLEE!!

Yes! Show it! Now! Pre-emp whichever good show you can find for this amazing special (excluding The Simpsons, that show gets special treatment)!

What a boring Super Bowl - OB1 - 11th February 2005

Haha, you should have heard David Cross on Jimmy Kimmel Live two night ago.

Quote:I hope Fox puts in its place, like, you know, America’s Cutest Retards. What’s left for them to do? We got midgets trying to pull an elephant. What’s left? We’ve got orphans trying to figure out who their dads are…come on. Let’s go with retards. OK? Let’s do it.

Lol

What a boring Super Bowl - A Black Falcon - 11th February 2005

Why not, it's not like Fox could lower its standards of conduct any more than it already has!

But is it smart for a person making a Fox show to say that Fox makes bad shows? :)

David Cross makes fun of Fox all of the time.

What a boring Super Bowl - Great Rumbler - 11th February 2005

Everybody makes fun of Fox.

What I can't understand is how Fox and Fox News Channel can be so diametrically opposed. FNC is the great bastion of conservatism, while Fox is...dumb, there's nothing else you can say about it really.

Dude, Fox News is every bit as dumb as their parent company is. You just love all of the conservative stuff since you're from Oklahoma, and don't care just how idiotic everyone on that channel is.

What a boring Super Bowl - deanna - 11th February 2005

does American Idol come on fox?

yes

Quote:Dude, Fox News is every bit as dumb as their parent company is. You just love all of the conservative stuff since you're from Oklahoma, and don't care just how idiotic everyone on that channel is.

:shake:

Your conservatism is blinding you! Literally!

Oh come on, there's nothing wrong with FNC. They've got a number of good shows, including Fox and Friends, which is the best morning show ever in the history of morning shows. Plus sometimes they talk to Ellis Henican, who is not only a columnist for New York Newsday, but also the voice of Stormy Waters on Sealab 2021.

Hannity and Colmes, The O'Reilly Factor, and whoever that woman was who argued with that other woman about the Bush inaguration thing all make me sick to my stomach. You're too smart to Fox News, GR! Don't let your politics decide what crap to watch!

What a boring Super Bowl - A Black Falcon - 11th February 2005

I would rather not watch right-wing propaganda... CNN is bad enough as it is, something even worse is the last thing I'd want to watch...

I watch FNC because I want to watch FNC, no other reason beyond that. It's not like a consiously said in my mind "I must watch Fox News because it's right wing!!", I watched CNN for a while and then I finally found my way to FNC. FNC has some good business shows, plus the awesome morning show, and I enjoy the panel discussions they have in the later half of the 5 o'clock [Central] hour, and I occansionally watch O'Rielly. Plus FNC has Ben Stein. Does CNN or MSNBC have Ben Stein? I think not.

What a boring Super Bowl - Geno - 12th February 2005

I hate Fox News. Especially that bitch Ann Coulter. I'm all for freedom of speech, but she shouldn't be allowed on TV, what with the types of radical Nazi things she says.

What a boring Super Bowl - A Black Falcon - 12th February 2005

Ann Coulter is absolutely sickening, if you listen to just about anything she says...

What a boring Super Bowl - Great Rumbler - 12th February 2005

Heh, you better not let Ryan hear you talking like that about Ann Coulter. :)

What a boring Super Bowl - OB1 - 12th February 2005

Great Rumbler Wrote:I watch FNC because I want to watch FNC, no other reason beyond that. It's not like a consiously said in my mind "I must watch Fox News because it's right wing!!", I watched CNN for a while and then I finally found my way to FNC. FNC has some good business shows, plus the awesome morning show, and I enjoy the panel discussions they have in the later half of the 5 o'clock [Central] hour, and I occansionally watch O'Rielly. Plus FNC has Ben Stein. Does CNN or MSNBC have Ben Stein? I think not.

I can't believe you watch O'Reilly. That man is the biggest liar and hypocrite on cable tv.

Seriously, watching any biased news channel is a bad idea, and FNC is the worst of them all.

Quote: I can't believe you watch O'Reilly. That man is the biggest liar and hypocrite on cable tv.

I said I only watched it occasionaly.

:shake:

:nodding:

Anyway, it may please you to know that I finally watched Garden State the other day. Also, I'm in the process of watching City of Lost Children. Both excellent movies in their own right.

Indeed! I'm proud of you for watching a French movie! Now you need to see Amelie.

AND FRIGGIN OLDBOY!!!

Quote:Indeed! I'm proud of you for watching a French movie!

I saw Wasabi over a year ago and that's definitely a French movie. Also, I've seen Kaena The Prophecy, which is French. And The Fifth Element is at least half French!

Quote:AND FRIGGIN OLDBOY!!!

Okay!

Also, I've got Ong-Bak sitting somewhere in my room. I'll watch that after I finish City of Lost Children.

You need to see Leon The Professional. It's not French, but it's by a French director and has a French lead, so...

But you've probably seen it already, right?

I've seen it around at several places, but I haven't got around to actually buying it.

What a boring Super Bowl - A Black Falcon - 12th February 2005

Haven't seen any of the films mentioned in the last four posts. Oh well. :)

You poor, uncultured simpleton. :shake:

So you haven't seen Garden State, City of Lost Children, Amelie, Old Boy, Wasabi, Kaena: The Prophecy, The Fifth Element, Ong-Bak, or Leon The Professional? No wonder you complain about there not being in good movie. What do you watch all the time? The Princess Diaries and Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen? Good grief.

What a boring Super Bowl - OB1 - 13th February 2005

Well you can't really fault him for not having seen OldBoy and Ongbak. Those movies aren't available in the U.S.

But Leon?? Sweet Thor's Hammer everyone should have seen that movie at least twice already!

What a boring Super Bowl - A Black Falcon - 13th February 2005

Quote:So you haven't seen Garden State, City of Lost Children, Amelie, Old Boy, Wasabi, Kaena: The Prophecy, The Fifth Element, Ong-Bak, or Leon The Professional? No wonder you complain about there not being in good movie. What do you watch all the time? The Princess Diaries and Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen? Good grief.

Haven't seen those last two either... :D

I just don't really watch that many movies, that's all.

"Leon the Professional"? Never heard of it. I've also never heard of Ong-Bak, Wasabi, Old Boy (other than you saying that it's good), or Kaena: The Prophecy.

The Fifth Element? Heard the name before I think but know nothing. Garden State I've heard of and might like to see, I don't know (that means I probably won't unless someone else gets it or it's on TV or the campus movie channel something, which is doubtful... oh well. :)). Amelie and City of Lost Children, though, I've heard of and would like to probably see sometime.

You've never heard of Leon before?? Man...

What a boring Super Bowl - A Black Falcon - 13th February 2005

Is it well known or something? I'm not a movie buff, remember...

What a boring Super Bowl - deanna - 13th February 2005

Hey..I have never heard of any of those either. But I have seen Princess Diaries 2 and Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen...not that any of you care Erm

I am so depressed right now.