Tendo City
What a boring Super Bowl - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: What a boring Super Bowl (/showthread.php?tid=2533)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What a boring Super Bowl - EdenMaster - 6th February 2005

I thought last years was bad (even though it did turn around in the second half), but this was just terrible. There were a few good plays, but they were offset by all the fumbles, interceptions, sacks, and incomplete passes.

I hope next years is better. Your thoughts?

What a boring Super Bowl - geoboy - 6th February 2005

Last year's Super Bowl was bad?

Anyway, I agree that this year's pretty much sucked. And as far as commercials go, the Budweiser skydiving one made me laugh the hardest. It caught me completely off guard. ^^

What a boring Super Bowl - OB1 - 6th February 2005

I agree.

I didn't see Bo Jackson anywhere.

What a boring Super Bowl - Weltall - 6th February 2005

Both teams played very poorly. This wasn't a very good game. Last years' was really, really good though. It just had the wrong result.

And of course, surprise-surprise, the Pats win by 3 points. Yet again.

What a boring Super Bowl - EdenMaster - 6th February 2005

Last years game was good...in the second half. The first two quarters were excruciatingly boring. In my opinion, a good Super Bowl consists of four good quarters. Make I'm asking too much, but that's just my feeling.

What a boring Super Bowl - A Black Falcon - 7th February 2005

I didn't watch. Well, I was on that channel for like 20 minuites, but I wasn't paying attention...

What a boring Super Bowl - Great Rumbler - 7th February 2005

I didn't watch the Super Bowl this year...or last year...

What a boring Super Bowl - OB1 - 7th February 2005

But you'd watch it if Bo Jackson were playing, right?

Well, yeah. Or if the Cowboys were playing, but who know when the next time that will be.

What a boring Super Bowl - The Former DMiller - 7th February 2005

It was really bad this year. Even though the game was close it didn't have that "edge" to it that makes for a good game. Probably due to the overall mediocre play by both teams. The commercials were horrible too, and even worse than usual. The only commercial that made me laugh was the FedEx commercial making fun of Super Bowl commercials.

What a boring Super Bowl - deanna - 7th February 2005

[Image: wink.gif] I thought the MC Hammer commercial was cool...

What a boring Super Bowl - Darunia - 7th February 2005

All football is boring. Now BASEBALL--man I can't wait for the season to begin! Woo-hoo!

Go, Rangers! This year is your year!!

What a boring Super Bowl - EdenMaster - 7th February 2005

Darunia Wrote:All football is boring. Now BASEBALL--man I can't wait for the season to begin! Woo-hoo!

Yeah! What could be more exciting than someone hitting a ball with a stick and running in a circle! Please. Football PWNZ Baseball six ways from Super Bowl Sunday.

What a boring Super Bowl - deanna - 7th February 2005

EdenMaster Wrote:Yeah! What could be more exciting than someone hitting a ball with a stick and running in a circle! Please. Football PWNZ Baseball six ways from Super Bowl Sunday.

I so agree with you

I didn't watch the super bowl...but I can tell you one thing, football rocks. No doubt about it.

What a boring Super Bowl - Weltall - 7th February 2005

At least football records are legitimate.

What a boring Super Bowl - A Black Falcon - 8th February 2005

Quote:Yeah! What could be more exciting than someone hitting a ball with a stick and running in a circle! Please. Football PWNZ Baseball six ways from Super Bowl Sunday.

Yeah, let's have fun watching fat people run into eachother at full speed! Sounds like great entertainment to me!

Baseball is far better and more interesting than football.

What a boring Super Bowl - Great Rumbler - 8th February 2005

Ping-pong is more interesting than baseball and football!!

What a boring Super Bowl - The Former DMiller - 8th February 2005

Baseball > Football

I've put it in equation form so you can't deny it now.

Heh. :D

I like watching college football more than professional.

The rankings:
1. College Football
2. Baseball
3. Proffesional Football

What a boring Super Bowl - Darunia - 8th February 2005

Football is for big dumb people who like to see big dumb people tackle eachother. The score doesnt change often enough, and when it does its almost always by increments of 7.

And like Dmiller said, since its in equation, you can't dispute it.

Quote:The score doesnt change often enough

That's what college football is for.

What a boring Super Bowl - OB1 - 8th February 2005

Great Rumbler Wrote:Ping-pong is more interesting than baseball and football!!

Ping Pong is like the coolest thing ever. *is teh awesomer at ping pong*

The movie is great, too.

Foosball is better than Ping Pong.

What a boring Super Bowl - OB1 - 8th February 2005

What? You're mad. There's a reason why they don't play "foosball" in the olympics, weirdo!

What a boring Super Bowl - deanna - 8th February 2005

They play ping pong in the olympics??? Wow...I never knew that *seriously*

What a boring Super Bowl - Fittisize - 8th February 2005

Great Rumbler Wrote:Heh. :D

I like watching college football more than professional.

The rankings:
1. College Football
2. Baseball
3. Proffesional Football

It goes:

1. NHL Hockey
2. Pro football (CFL slighty more than NFL)
3. MLB Baseball
4. NBA Basketball
5. College Basketball (Canadian sports networks have starting airing college ball games, and they're pretty fun to watch--becoming an Illinois fan)
6. Lacrosse
7. Poker
8. Curling
33. College football. I don't see the big deal.

What a boring Super Bowl - EdenMaster - 8th February 2005

But you see a big deal (or any deal) about curling?

Part of my heritage.

I think that China has won every single ping-pong Olympic medal... or just about all of them. They have an amazing ping-pong team.

College football... I don't care. Seems like a southern thing to me, putting college sports above professional ones... sure, I like our college teams, but competing with the pro teams? No way!

Quote:College football... I don't care. Seems like a southern thing to me, putting college sports above professional ones... sure, I like our college teams, but competing with the pro teams? No way!

Exactly. What's so fun about cheering so hard about second-tier teams??

Don't tell that to sports fans from places like Oklahoma, I don't think they think that way... :)

I don't get it either though. It's just college...

What a boring Super Bowl - OB1 - 9th February 2005

Professional ping pong is just about the most amazing thing you can watch. The speed, the skills on display... just wow. Amazing stuff, really.

What a boring Super Bowl - A Black Falcon - 9th February 2005

True. It might sound silly, but if you ever saw it you'd understand... they are simply amazing.

What a boring Super Bowl - Great Rumbler - 9th February 2005

College football is just a lot more exciting than professional football. Plus I can actually cheer for a team from my state and they actually have a chance of winning, unlike those crazy Cowboys who lose all the time, and I'd have to cross state lines anyway.

What a boring Super Bowl - Darunia - 9th February 2005

One of the biggest drawbacks to the NFL is that your fav. football only competes once a week, and a few times a year. BASEBALLE on the other hand--christ, during season, they can play 6 or so times a week, sometimes they even had double-headers! There's over a 150 games per team per season. Every night you can enjoy a game. Such is not so with football.

Yeah... 162 or 16? Which would you prefer? :)

What a boring Super Bowl - EdenMaster - 9th February 2005

So your philosophy is quantity over quality, eh? Well, hat's off, then. Not my style.

Oh, quality is good too, but when you can have quality and quantity or less of both, I'll take the better option. :)

What a boring Super Bowl - Weltall - 9th February 2005

Darunia Wrote:One of the biggest drawbacks to the NFL is that your fav. football only competes once a week, and a few times a year. BASEBALLE on the other hand--christ, during season, they can play 6 or so times a week, sometimes they even had double-headers! There's over a 150 games per team per season. Every night you can enjoy a game. Such is not so with football.

That's exactly what I don't like about the other sports. They play so many damn games. In football, each and every game has meaning. You lose one game, and you're in trouble. You have to play your balls off every single sunday to get on top and stay there. It also means that you have to take every opponent seriously, because losing to a crappy team playing spoiler has major ramifications sometimes.

I also like the idea of single-elimination playoffs, as in contrast, you have to wait a whole week to find out who advances, whereas we get to enjoy one extraordinarly stress-filled afternoon knowing at the end of the day, it's all decided.

As Sox fans, I can't imagine you'd agree :D It's just that having dozens of games every year makes each one pretty meaningless on its own.

What a boring Super Bowl - A Black Falcon - 10th February 2005

I think exactly the opposite way... football puts far too much emphasis on every game. It's better when the season really matters. The season, not just a few games... baseball has a long season, the longest of any of the pro sports, and that means that by the end the teams who're in the playoffs have really earned it, I'd say... it's much less of a thing of chance than a thin little 16 game season is, for sure.

Yes, it means that you can lose five in a row and it's not the end of the world. So? How is that so bad?

I mean, the Red Sox play each team in their division 19 times a year (and then the other 9 teams in the AL 6 or so times each and four or so NL teams 3-6 times in interleague play). 27 if, like the Sox and Yankees the last two years, they also have a 7-game postseason series after that. And it's great! 27 games between the Sox and Yankees in each of the last two seasons... :)

Single-elimination playoffs? Awful! 3 games is pushing it, but 1... that has such a massive luck element, one bad game and you're out... ick. No, give me a good 7-game series which guarantees to a much larger extent that the better team will truly win.

What a boring Super Bowl - Geno - 10th February 2005

Yeah, the Super Bowl sucked this year. American Dad was good though. :D

What a boring Super Bowl - OB1 - 10th February 2005

It's kinda of like a non-funny version of Family Guy.

What a boring Super Bowl - Great Rumbler - 10th February 2005

Actually, it's kind of like a funny version of Family Guy...except that Family Guy is already funny, so I guess what I mean is that it's a lot like Family Guy...

It's not nearly as funny as Family Guy. It's basically Family Guy with a right-wing dad and a bunch of ancient Bush/Cheney jokes.

What a boring Super Bowl - Great Rumbler - 10th February 2005

I liked it, especially the parts where Stan shoots the toster and where he steals the purse.

Yeah well it might cause Fox to cancel Arrested Development which is ten hundred thousand bajillion times better than it, and because of that it is my worst enemy.

What a boring Super Bowl - A Black Falcon - 10th February 2005

OB1, Fox cancels almost all its good shows, good excuse or no...

What a boring Super Bowl - The Former DMiller - 10th February 2005

American Dad sucked. I didn't find it funny at all. I'm just looking forward to Family Guy coming back in May.

Well the thing is that with American Dad, Fox has been waiting forever to debut the show (that's why the political jokes are so old; the pilot was finished over a year ago), and they finally did during the Superbowl which naturally got it huge ratings (all shows that get aired after the Superbowl do great). And because the idiots did not choose to air Arrested Development that night, Fox now thinks that American Dad will do better on a weekly basis so they're going to order less episodes of Arrested, possibly even cancelling it. Oh and they have to finish the season before the end of April. So Fox might cancel their best show in over a decade because they were too fucking retarded to show it after the game. It certainly doesn't help that all of Fox's ads for the show make it look like a retarded NBC sitcom.