Tendo City
The end of an era... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The end of an era... (/showthread.php?tid=2519)

The end of an era... - Great Rumbler - 31st January 2005

Yes, that's right it's the end of an era. As soon as tomorrow I say goodbye to the moldy, old narrowband connection I've been forced to contend with and say hello to a sparklling, new broadband connection. Yep, 56k is going out the door and I'm going to be hooking up to some ADSL, not quite sure how that differs from reqular DSL, but it can only be better than what I have. *beings singing "Moving On Up"*

The end of an era... - OB1 - 31st January 2005

*GASP!!*

So there is some life left in Oklahoma!!

You better get on X-Box Live ASAP, bubba!

The end of an era... - A Black Falcon - 31st January 2005

Wow! GR has cable? Ooooh... I guess Oklahoma is slowly catching up to the modern world?

The end of an era... - Geno - 31st January 2005

Slowly, but surely.

Now, if only Alabama can write a new state constitution. Our current one is outdated (it's illegal to park your horse in front of the capital building) and several of its amendments contradict each other.

Haha, I'd love to see the person who parks their horse in front of an Alabama capital building in defiance of the law.

So you live in Alabama, huh? That's neat. Now show us your picture.

The end of an era... - UltraMarioMan - 31st January 2005

(As that guy from Futurama at the cryolab) WELCOME! TO THE WORLD OF BROADBAND!!

The end of an era... - A Black Falcon - 31st January 2005

Geno has said the state he lives in before, OB1...

Quote:You better get on X-Box Live ASAP, bubba!

I'll sign up for the three months free or whatever it is, but I don't know if I'll do more than that.

A Black Falcon Wrote:Geno has said the state he lives in before, OB1...

Well I'm sorry that I don't have a Tendo City address book like you do.

And Geno is a girl.

The end of an era... - Geno - 31st January 2005

I am? (Chris from Family Guy) OH MY GOD!

Man, I can't wait to get broadband...

The end of an era... - OB1 - 1st February 2005

Great Rumbler Wrote:I'll sign up for the three months free or whatever it is, but I don't know if I'll do more than that.

The only reason to own an X-Box is X-Box Live. You're nuts if you don't sign up for a whole year.

The end of an era... - Great Rumbler - 1st February 2005

A year of Xbox Live costs money though...

Erm

That's like refusing to buy a tv to play your Gamecube on because "it costs money". An X-Box without XBL is like a car without any place to go.

How much does a year of XBL cost anyway?

$50. $70 if you get the starter kit, which comes with a headset (that you absolutely need) and a free game or two.

Not alot by itself, but considering that I'm going to have to pay $80 a year to get DSL...

Anyway, I'll get the free months and then decided after it runs out whether I want to get the full year.

You're only paying $80 for an entire year of dsl service? That's fucking cheap! And are you, personally, paying for it? Even so, what's the point of getting high-speed internet if you're not going to take advantage of it? XBL really is the only reason to own an X-Box. And the three month trial won't give you headsets so you won't get the full experience. You'd be very foolish not to get XBL. Halo 2 won't suck with XBL!

$80 that I'M paying. My parent are paying for the rest, which is what they were paying for 56k.

I see. Well that's not to bad, man. But you do need XBL.

I'm going to try it out free before I think about makeing any more monetary commitments.

Just keep in mind that you're only getting half the experience without a headset. Communication is what sets XBL so far ahead of everything else. Especially in team-based games.

The end of an era... - Weltall - 1st February 2005

$80 a year, hell. I pay almost $50 a MONTH for cable. And gladly.

The end of an era... - Dark Jaguar - 1st February 2005

Ya finally caught up eh? Don't be all "Oklahoma just caught up" GR. I live in this state too and I've had broadband for 5 or so years now. You have no excuse!

The end of an era... - A Black Falcon - 1st February 2005

Middle of nowhere, DJ...

The end of an era... - EdenMaster - 1st February 2005

That's what telephone poles are for. The connect the middle of nowhere with the middle of somewhere! Thus, if you ever find yourself in a frightening, underdeveloped region (Oklahoma), follow the power lines back to civilization. Let Bo Jackson be your spirit guide and you will surely survive your time in this, the most harsh of environments.

IN YOUR FACE, SPACE COYOTE!!

The end of an era... - alien space marine - 1st February 2005

This equal to Somalia discovering the wonder of Toilet papper and the wheel.

The end of an era... - Great Rumbler - 2nd February 2005

We only have one local carrier. Yes, I could have gotten broadband a long time ago, and then I'd be paying long distance charges for every minute I spend on the internet. Our local carrier [the evil, monopoly Cherokee Telephone Company] finally got around to providing broadband and I just finally got around to convincing my parents that I needed it.

The end of an era... - Dark Jaguar - 2nd February 2005

I just heard that apparently there were still some places in Louisianna that didn't even have phone service, they just NOW got it. Now THAT is a hick state. How do you American... live... in... not have... phones?! I hope they have electricity. I am starting to wonder if there really are isolated towns in the middle of nowhere that exist in a state of complete technological lacking like how the south is stereotypically portrayed... That would be horrifying... And no, the Amish don't count.

The end of an era... - OB1 - 2nd February 2005

Boy I'd hate to live in the south. Ohio was close enough!

Okay, I just got my DSL hooked up. Wow, so fast.

I went from downloading at 3KB per second to 60, quite an improvement I think.

Now friggin get XBL!

I have to get a router and another cable first, dude!!

Do it all wirelessly.

Well, I still have to get a router either way.

Yeah I bet!

Right.