Tendo City
Futurama! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Futurama! (/showthread.php?tid=2475)

Futurama! - Darunia - 10th January 2005

Since I've gotten seasons 3 & 4 for X-mas, I can't stop watching Futurama. That in mind, who else is a big Futurama fan (and no one needs to tell me "Family Guy is better" here)... and whats eveyone's fav. episodes, etc.

Futurama! - Great Rumbler - 10th January 2005

Ah, Futurama. A great series and one that should have lasted longer than it did.

Favorite epidode, huh? Hmm...I guess I'd have to go with the episode where they meet that cast from Star Trek or the first episode to have Zap Branigon.

Zap Branigon: Know your enemy, know yourself and you hold the keys to victory. That's what it says in Suntzu's Art of War and Zap Branigon's Big Book of War!

Futurama! - OB1 - 10th January 2005

I love Futurama, even moreso than Family Guy.

Futurama! - Geno - 10th January 2005

Family Guy's better! j/k

My favorite episode is Parasites Lost. I love pretty much any Fry/Leela episode or any Bender-based episode. Futurama should've lasted much longer. At least it ended on a good note.

My brother has Volumes 1-4 on DVD and I watched all the episodes. :D

Futurama! - Darunia - 10th January 2005

Good note---how did it end on a good note, the last episode had Fry lose his hands to the robot devil (i hated that character)... I don't recall any great accomplishment or series-tying-up developments.

I love the Zap Brannigan episodes, he's awesome. I also like the one wherein they all get lose in parallel universes via Prof. Farnsworth's Box. Although Family Guy is far funnier (that'd be the first thing every moron points out), I prefer Futurama.

It's a shame that there isn't as much public outcry for this as there is for Family Guy.

Futurama! - Geno - 10th January 2005

Matt Groening wouldn't have ended the show any other way than to have Fry win over Leela.

And I know what you mean about Family Guy being funnier but preferring Futurama. I don't know, Futurama just seems to have a cooler cast and a more enjoyable setting. (It's the future, man!) But as you said, Family Guy is far funnier.

Futurama! - alien space marine - 10th January 2005

Everyone loved Futurama I cant even understand why the damned network caned it?!!Family guy was great too it had its momments.

Why is the simpsons still on?!!! Everyone has made the comment that those two shows above were better? Some say its not because the simpsons is more liked its just everyone knows where to see it and they kept fucking around with the times on the shows above.

Futurama! - OB1 - 10th January 2005

Darunia Wrote:Good note---how did it end on a good note, the last episode had Fry lose his hands to the robot devil (i hated that character)... I don't recall any great accomplishment or series-tying-up developments.

I love the Zap Brannigan episodes, he's awesome. I also like the one wherein they all get lose in parallel universes via Prof. Farnsworth's Box. Although Family Guy is far funnier (that'd be the first thing every moron points out), I prefer Futurama.

It's a shame that there isn't as much public outcry for this as there is for Family Guy.

Fry gets the girl, end of story. It ended wonderfully.

Futurama! - A Black Falcon - 10th January 2005

Four seasons is at least respectable though.

Futurama! - Great Rumbler - 11th January 2005

Not when a show like the Simpsons goes for about 50 seasons or whatever they're up to now.

Quote:Everyone loved Futurama I cant even understand why the damned network caned it?!!

I do believe it's part of Fox's company charter to cancel all cool shows [Family Guy, Futurama, Titus, and almost Arrested Development but that managed to keep from getting the ax] and continue to make progressively worse "reality" TV shows [My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance, Who's You're Daddy?, ect.].

Futurama! - Geno - 11th January 2005

Don't forget Trading Spouses--a parody that Dave Chapelle did of Trading Spaces in order to make fun of how lame reality shows are, taken seriously by a bunch of idiot network executives and made into an actual show. You know you're getting desperate when you see a sketch comedian's one-shot joke as a goldmine for ratings.

Futurama! - alien space marine - 11th January 2005

not that long ago they made movies about how weird shows based on reality would be like , "edtv"! Now they have real shows just like that fictional film had.
It seems every single network has too have atleast its own exclusive reality tv show.

Futurama! - Darunia - 11th January 2005

I just love the Kif-Brannigan interaction there. Those are some of the best, funniest scenes.

Futurama! - lazyfatbum - 11th January 2005

Reality TV shows suck, I worked on them and some of my friends I graduated with worked on them. The fact is that it's totally scripted and there's nothing 'real' about them, it's just a shock fest and it's bullshit.

EDTV and The Truman Show did not lead to reality TV. We've had Cops for like 15 years now.

The best reality TV show was The Joe Shmoe Show and it was completely fake and staged with actors except for one guy who thought it was all real. Oh man that was fucking hilarious. Now that show was based off Truman show :D

Futurama! - Dark Jaguar - 11th January 2005

THANK YOU! This is exactly what I've been trying to convince my family of! Just LOOKING at all those people I could tell no REAL person actually acted like that! I keep asking people "have you EVER actually seen a real life person who behaved and reacted like the people on those shows do?". The response I get is "look there's gotta be people like that somewhere, you haven't been everywhere" or some other "So long as I don't have proof it's not real I can keep my delusions going" thing.

And yes, they DO suck. I bet that's the shame of your life that you worked on one.

lazy: No...

DJ: Then what is.... oh no...

Futurama! - alien space marine - 11th January 2005

lazyfatbum Wrote:Reality TV shows suck, I worked on them and some of my friends I graduated with worked on them. The fact is that it's totally scripted and there's nothing 'real' about them, it's just a shock fest and it's bullshit.

EDTV and The Truman Show did not lead to reality TV. We've had Cops for like 15 years now.

The best reality TV show was The Joe Shmoe Show and it was completely fake and staged with actors except for one guy who that it was all real. Oh man that was fucking hilarious.

I saw Joe Shmoe 2 were they had a guy and a Girl , The blond chick actually figured out it was fake early in the season and they had to replace her with another chick ! If your Canadian doesnt get more obvious with John Torrence as the "gotta be gay guy" I always wonderd what happend to that street sense guy ! They used his Transvestite picture from a long time ago on his old tv show.

That show really demonstrates how easy it is to fake a scripted show and actually still fool someone into believing it, Shmoe is so absurd yet a few contestants still fall for it regardless.

It would be funny if they either did a donald trump paraody or a Trading Spouses were the guy ends up with dog eating chinese people.

Reality TV shows are just awful. I'll be glad when the fad ends and we could something decent on TV.

Futurama! - Geno - 11th January 2005

Bringing back Futurama would be a step in the right direction.

Futurama! - OB1 - 11th January 2005

Quote:It would be funny if they either did a donald trump paraody or a Trading Spouses were the guy ends up with dog eating chinese people.

What the fuck.

Quote:Bringing back Futurama would be a step in the right direction.

Futurama AND Titus.

Titus? ... Erm

Futurama! - Fittisize - 11th January 2005

Titus was a funny show, I think, and I'd definetly love to see it brought back.

Futurama! - A Black Falcon - 11th January 2005

Yeah, Titus was pretty good at times...

Quote:Titus? ...

Yes, Titus. It was a hilarious show! I've been waiting for a long time for Fox to release it on DVD, but so far they haven't.

Futurama! - Darunia - 11th January 2005

Hey, speaking of Futurama, let's drastically alter this thread about Realit Shows and start talking about that instead!

Oh yeah!

Zap: It won't be long before you come crawling back to get another taste of sweet, sweet candy. BAM!

I never really cared for Titus...

Futurama! - Fittisize - 11th January 2005

Oh man, you should totally watch it some more then. It's like, better than Arrested Development, Garden State and City of God. Combined.

And STAR WARS!

Futurama! - Great Rumbler - 12th January 2005

Quote:I never really cared for Titus...

You're killing me, OB1. It's like you've stuck a knife in my back AND YOU'RE TWISTING THAT KNIFE!! It's like you'll pulling an ABF over here, OB1!

Futurama! - OB1 - 12th January 2005

Well to be fair, I only saw pieces of a bunch of episodes.

And dude, never tell me that I'm pulling an ABF!! NEVER!!!

Futurama! - Darunia - 12th January 2005

Hazuzu.....! Hazuzu.....?

Futurama! - Great Rumbler - 12th January 2005

Quote:And dude, never tell me that I'm pulling an ABF!! NEVER!!!

You say it about me all the time and besides it IS what you're doing!

Quote:Well to be fair, I only saw pieces of a bunch of episodes.

:shake:

Zap: Kif, have THE BOY set out my formal shorts!

Kif: What boy, sir?

Zap: You! You set out my formal shorts!

Quote:You say it about me all the time and besides it IS what you're doing!

No I'd be pulling an ABF if I said that the show was terrible without ever having seen it.

Futurama! - A Black Falcon - 12th January 2005

I don't think you have a very strong position here, OB1. :)

Erm

Futurama! - Geno - 12th January 2005

[Image: l9mmaindrumkid.gif]

[Image: powerglove.jpg]

The Power Glove, most famous Nintendo controller ever? :)

Futurama! - Darunia - 12th January 2005

Wow--look at how cool that kid is, with that smug smile and those sun glasses!!

He's there to let everyone know that the Power Glove is cooler than they are.

Futurama! - Great Rumbler - 13th January 2005

I actually played a Powerglove game with a Powerglove. It was almost like I had to power to control people's lives...

Futurama! - A Black Falcon - 13th January 2005

You did!

Futurama! - Great Rumbler - 13th January 2005

Well...not quite, but I was really close!