Tendo City
The nickdaddyg Update - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The nickdaddyg Update (/showthread.php?tid=2461)

Pages: 1 2

The nickdaddyg Update - nickdaddyg - 7th January 2005

past thoughts of while I've been gone and thoughts that a few posts here put in my head:

1. That Spike TV Game Awards was the gayest fucking thing EVER. it should pretty much be called the fricken "Dumbass's Game Award Show for Ppl Who Think More Cusswords and Ghetto N-word Shit = Better game"

2. NFL Street is fucking gay.

3. What's all this anti-ABF stuff? And that forum? Ya know what? I just started playing Warcraft 3 a month ago, and it KICKS ASS! and I also palyed Wow for a few hours and it kicks ass too. Man, Blizzard is where it's at!!! I'm serious.

4. Looks like XB2 will kick ass at CES.

5. Looks like Xbox is also the posterboy system of America. hahaha remember way back before XB and GC launches, and I'd start those arguments? Hahahaha, well look at it now. XB is arguably the most successful system out there, most publicized, most talked about, etc.

6. hmm, yeah i would have to say halo 2 single player wasnt all that great. i didnt like how the levels transitioned. the story was well different, but well a little hard to follow. when i bought it, i realized i was only played it like once every 5 days or so, only an hour at a time. yeah, i wasn't really that into it.

7. lately i've been playing my N64 more than anything. Mario Kart, Perfect Dark, Smash Bros. this is like my 5th N64 obsession ive had since i've had my Xbox, lol.

8. hahahaha gay marriage was shot down in 11 states! eat that, faggots!

9. Kerry got his ass WHUPPED! (i know i put this already in november, but i had to)

10. michael moore is fat, gay, and lies.

11. canada sucks

The nickdaddyg Update - Fittisize - 7th January 2005

When did you suddenly start typing like a 12 year old? That was the most incoherent post I've read in awhile...

The nickdaddyg Update - Great Rumbler - 7th January 2005

Quote:XB is arguably the most successful system out there, most publicized, most talked about, etc.

Ever hear of a little system called the Playstation 2?

The nickdaddyg Update - OB1 - 7th January 2005

Quote:3. What's all this anti-ABF stuff? And that forum? Ya know what? I just started playing Warcraft 3 a month ago, and it KICKS ASS! and I also palyed Wow for a few hours and it kicks ass too. Man, Blizzard is where it's at!!! I'm serious.

Well ABF is fun to make fun of. He has no sense of humor and takes everything seriously, he's more argumentative than a hundred me's put together, and he likes really weird things (like a bunch of crappy games and winter) and hates a bunch of great things (like good games and the outdoors, sunshine).

Quote:5. Looks like Xbox is also the posterboy system of America. hahaha remember way back before XB and GC launches, and I'd start those arguments? Hahahaha, well look at it now. XB is arguably the most successful system out there, most publicized, most talked about, etc.

Erm The PS2 is the most popular system out there.

Quote:8. hahahaha gay marriage was shot down in 11 states! eat that, faggots!

Classy.

The nickdaddyg Update - nickdaddyg - 7th January 2005

of course i've heard of the PS2. yeah there are more PS2s in american homes, but as I observe no one really cares about it that much anymore. I just think Xbox, would be the system to represent America (no, not b/c it's by an American company)

typing like a 12 year old? well i ditched perfect grammar a while ago. eh, sometimes I still do it. Or is it my usage of "gay" and bad words? Might be immature, but hey it's fun.

Quote:of course i've heard of the PS2.

Well that's a relief.

Quote:I just think Xbox, would be the system to represent America

That didn't make a bit of sense.

The nickdaddyg Update - Fittisize - 7th January 2005

Quote:typing like a 12 year old? well i ditched perfect grammar a while ago. eh, sometimes I still do it. Or is it my usage of "gay" and bad words? Might be immature, but hey it's fun.

More like the use of "lol" and "HAHAHAH" over and over.

The nickdaddyg Update - A Black Falcon - 7th January 2005

Quote:3. What's all this anti-ABF stuff? And that forum? Ya know what? I just started playing Warcraft 3 a month ago, and it KICKS ASS! and I also palyed Wow for a few hours and it kicks ass too. Man, Blizzard is where it's at!!! I'm serious.

OB1 is bitter that someone here actually dares to stand up to him and question all of the idiotic things he says... but not able to actually admit that anything I say about how he acts is true (while his replies just reinforce that I am right).

Quote: I just think Xbox, would be the system to represent America

Because it's big and flashy and looks great but is lacking in substance? :)

As for PS2/X-Box, both are doing well but the X-Box does seem to be gaining some steam. Halo 2 was huge, and the X-Box benefited from the shortage of PS2s before the holidays... Cube didn't much, but X-Box did for sure.

The nickdaddyg Update - Geno - 7th January 2005

To be honest, I mostly use my PS2 as a DVD player now. I play my Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Game Boy Advance, and most recently my SNES more than anything else.

Haha, I didn't even notice this one. And CES already started, with zero sign of XB2. Lol

Quote:4. Looks like XB2 will kick ass at CES.

Quote:OB1 is bitter that someone here actually dares to stand up to him and question all of the idiotic things he says... but not able to actually admit that anything I say about how he acts is true (while his replies just reinforce that I am right).

:clap:

The nickdaddyg Update - Great Rumbler - 8th January 2005

Quote:Haha, I didn't even notice this one. And CES already started, with zero sign of XB2.

Woo! Go, Xbox2!!

The nickdaddyg Update - lazyfatbum - 8th January 2005

:kiss:

The nickdaddyg Update - A Black Falcon - 8th January 2005

There are the patents that leaked out just before CES, so there is new X-Box 2 info out in the same timeframe as CES... :) Not AT CES, though (against some expectations).

So what happened to Shenmue 3, Halo 3, and Perfect Dark 0?

The nickdaddyg Update - A Black Falcon - 8th January 2005

E3! (E3 2009 for PD0)

The nickdaddyg Update - nickdaddyg - 8th January 2005

Of course saying "I just think the Xbox would be the system to represent america makes sense", OB1 you dumbass.

It's a clearly stated sentence, the grammar has no errors, so it is fully understandable.
Maybe you DON'T AGREE with it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

Oh and look at the keywords "I just think"....dumbass.

Oh, and about the CES stuff I put. I had just read some pre-CES info, and didn't know it had already happened. Ha, that's pretty funny.

The nickdaddyg Update - OB1 - 8th January 2005

nickdaddyg Wrote:Of course saying "I just think the Xbox would be the system to represent america makes sense", OB1 you dumbass.

It's a clearly stated sentence, the grammar has no errors, so it is fully understandable.
Maybe you DON'T AGREE with it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

Oh and look at the keywords "I just think"....dumbass.

It does not make any sense. You think the XBox would be the system to represent America... what the hell does that mean? It is the only American console out right now, so saying "it would be" makes it look like you're trying to say something else, which I have no clue as to what that may be. So either you're stating a fact (that it's the American-made console), or you're trying to say something else.

Please, enlighten us.

I can't wait for the Xbox138.9, now complete with mind control RAM!!! and death sphere harddrives that kill you when you use it!! and DVD tray of amazing crushing force!! with GRAPHICS!!!

Fine, let me rephrase. I think the Xbox bests represents the videogame section of American pop-culture.

Again, yes it is an American product, dick. I know that. But like I mentioned before, I would label it the "poster boy" of American videogame culture. I really meant the same thing in those too sentences.

Okay, before the Xbox was out, the PS2 was the "system of choice." No not everyone liked it, yeah I know, but it got lots of media attention, lots of ppl were talking about it. It was the mainstream thing. But it's Japanese...that doesn't that matter. At THAT time it was the head of American videogame pop culture.
NOTE:The words head and representation can be interchanged.

In MY OPINION, I think the Xbox has taken that throne, based on, like I said in my first post, MY OBSERVATIONS. I didn't dig into those observations, b/c well I don't think they're necessary to mention.

Here's another example. I go to ASU, and here are some observations. When it comes to cars, for some reason all the guys here want the Nissan 350Z. Actually, I LOVE the car myself also, and desire one. That's THE car to get. When it comes to coffee, Starbucks is what the Americans like to drink. And lately for games, Halo 2 was the big hit and everyone's talking about it. And so in relation, IMO (you better note that IMO, moron), the system to own is the Xbox.

Man, ABF, I feel your pain.

The nickdaddyg Update - OB1 - 8th January 2005

You two should feel more of each other. If you catch my drift.

The PS2 is still the most popular system in America, kiddo. I'm glad that it's popular at your school (some advice: an english class or two might be helpful for you), but the sales numbers do not lie. The PS2 still outsells the XB and GC in the U.S.

The nickdaddyg Update - alien space marine - 8th January 2005

If it waisnt for Kotor2 Id probaily trade it in for a dvd player instead, Cause thats all I use it for.

"(some advice: an english class or two might be helpful for you)"

I am in an English class. Oh and I write beautiful essays too, fyi.

Quote:And lately for games, Halo 2 was the big hit and everyone's talking about it.

Halo 2 might be the talk of the town right now, but for the past few years it's been "Grand Theft Auto". Need I say more?

That's your opinion.
The GTA games are stupid anyway. *Realizes that's just an opnion* Uh, yeah, well that's what I think at least....

The nickdaddyg Update - lazyfatbum - 9th January 2005

hahahahahahaha stfu nick ur trying 2 giv ur openion adn u just end up seeming retardad b/c no 1 likes u Adn no 1 hear likes MICROSOFT XBOX ether so ur oepnions falling on death ears anyway I think NINTENDO GAME CUBE (sp?) is much beter then anyother systim out ther adn my openion cant fall on death ears b/c ppl hear actually want 2 here me b/c im not u bitch lol

Having said that, you certainly make my day a brighter one, Nick. God bless your teen angst; the last time I was as stupid as you are was back in.... it was yesterday... shit. N/M! ^_^

The nickdaddyg Update - OB1 - 9th January 2005

Quote:I am in an English class. Oh and I write beautiful essays too, fyi.

That's terrif(yes I just said terrif), why don't you use some of those beautiful english skills in your posts here then?

The nickdaddyg Update - Great Rumbler - 9th January 2005

Quote:That's your opinion.

Well, it's not exactly an opinion that each of the three on the PS2 has sold numerous millions of copies.

The nickdaddyg Update - nickdaddyg - 9th January 2005

Well OB1 tell me where I'm doing "so bad" in my posts...

The nickdaddyg Update - A Black Falcon - 9th January 2005

I'd say both X-Box and PS2 are popular. More popular than Gamecube for sure...

The nickdaddyg Update - OB1 - 9th January 2005

nickdaddyg Wrote:Well OB1 tell me where I'm doing "so bad" in my posts...

Like a member recently said, you often write like a 12-year-old.

The nickdaddyg Update - Darunia - 9th January 2005

Nintendo settled into third place a long time ago. Are they even trying to seriously compete? Did they at all from the start? Do they even care?!

The nickdaddyg Update - Weltall - 9th January 2005

Nintendo sucks. They're all about graphics! N64ers are gay.

The nickdaddyg Update - EdenMaster - 9th January 2005

Shut it, PSX Scum!

You can hardly say that X-Box is the most popular system out there because of the hype over Halo 2. It just came out, and yeah, it's a good game. As it stands though, that one good game has a lot of competition from PS2. Their current flagship title being GTA: San Andreas (or maybe MGS: Snake Eater). Look, PS2 is kicking royal ass in sales. There's no argument, it's a true statement. The fact that the sequel to a very popular game is not launching the X-Box to new and better status, because most of the people buying are already X-Box owners, wanting to continue the overrated Halo series. However, San Andreas and Snake Eater (both phenomenal games) are two such games that are the reason why PS2 is doing so very well.

In conclusion, yes, X-Box has had good sales recently and is doing well for itself, but the bottom line is this: In the PS2-XB-GC battle, PS2 won. PS2 won over a year ago. Nothing's been able to touch them. If anything, they are the system to "represent America", or whatever the hell you said, because obviously, the general public like PS2 the best.

The nickdaddyg Update - Weltall - 9th January 2005

I can tell everyone from painful experience:

The only reason XBox had such great sales this Christmas was because PS2s were in terribly short supply. Had the retailers of America been stocked to meet demand, XBox would have been what it's always been: An afterthought.

What was saddening to see was that my store has had a stack of GameCubes (heretofore known as "The Stack"), many of which have been in my store for over two years, and no one ever, ever buys them. Many of them still have evidence of $149.99 stickers that they originally came with. They are lonely and forgotten, but they are numerous. And even though GameCube was the only machine (besides SP) that we were well-stocked for this season, only a handful of them were purchased in desperation. There are still at least seventy left.

Which is not to say GameCubes are terrible sellers. When we had the bundle packs (with Double Dash + extra control) they sold briskly, if not so fast as the other two. However, like the others, these bundles were in very short supply, and people who were legitimately interested in Cube were more than willing to pass on the base system in hopes of finding a bundle somewhere. I can't blame them, since the bundles were the same price as the base systems.

The nickdaddyg Update - A Black Falcon - 10th January 2005

Yeah, $100 for a GC or $100 for a GC with MKDD, which saves you $50? Easy decision.

The nickdaddyg Update - alien space marine - 10th January 2005

I am sorry to say but its pretty common to see a stack of lonely gamecubes in most stores I see.

I dont mean to gloat this time either , Since I was impressed with its RE offerings recently.

You should concider shaping them into pyramids it might increase sales!LOL!

First I start by saying I own a xbox and its my only console...

The only reason for Ps2 sales slowdown is because they have reached the saturation point were 100 million households have one and PS3 isnt all that far away.That and maybe a shortage of Slims which seem to sell like hotcakes because they look so cute and tiny,The only improvement is a more compact size and built in integrated Ethernet port and the disadvantage is a loss of HDD support.

Turth is microsoft has lossed money on the xbox, They just scraped XSN sports (good riddance) ,Xbox doesnt always get the big 3rd party killer apps at the same as the Ps2, I have to wait for San Andreas and probaily will beat it at my freinds house on his ps2 instead. The games on xbox are only good if the developer puts the effort into it ,seems to happen more often then it should that a ps2 game is better then a xbox one even graphically , Kotor2 had so many glitches and framerate lag that even the original didnt have, Thats obsidians fault atleast it doesnt hurt enjoyment to much I just hated the sluggish performance in big battles that had large amounts of multiple enemies on the screen,The graphics are more waterd down then the original its only the great artwork that saves it.

The Xbox makes a good heater and footwarmer! It happend once that it got so overheated just after 5 hours of play that the game crashed and I had to wait a half hour for it to cool down! My computer never heats up and even if it runs a game all day long its only slightly warm even on the disc and even the first generation ps2s didnt burn up like the even the newer xboxes it had a way superior cooling system even at launch, I remeber when xbox launched they made a report that people had overheating problems and microsoft suggested they only play between half hour intervals! LOL!That meant they suggested playing for a half and then quiting for a half hour and repeating the same process hardly a enjoyable experience, Imagine watching a movie like that!!

Its better now it takes atleast 2 hours before it starts to get noticiably warm but you cant go into endless weekend gaming frenzies without having to take little breaks for the machine to catch its breath.Maybe its my xbox but heck even my lint crusted PS2 didnt heat up like this.

Now the xbox dvd player is better then the PS2 , It works fine on all the dvds and doesnt have annoying preprogramed child lock systems that forces me to type in my password everytime I play it also preventing my family from using it without me, The PS2 atleast my launch one didnt work properly on 60% of movies I rented , The films worked fine but then it gave you error messages.

The xbox has a stable functioning dvd player that isnt problematic, The only annoyance is that you need a gay dvd player kit and shell out cash for it to work,The remote is uglier then the PS2 one but it is simplier and easy enough that my dad can use it the ps2 isnt novice freindly.

You know what I use my Xbox 95% of the time? Its a dvd player ,I never used it in 5 months for games untill Kotor2 came out ,The Xbox could have been the best if it only had more exclusive games.The hype around this machine was incredible and sadly only half of MS early boasting happened Xbox live is what saved this machine without it I doubt MS would even have tried going for xbox2 if Xboxlive didnt do good like it did.

I when I got my xbox the shop owner and his partner gave me a puzzled look I was trading a ps2 for a Xbox, Now they didnt make a fuss but I heard one of them joke to themselves whispering in french that it was ironic given that they had traded a Xbox for a ps2 and I thought I was crazy. My ps2 was ailing and starting to give problems and its poor reliability watching movies was what got me to trade for a new system, The Xbox had a nice bundle for the first Kotor and mechacrap, I loved Kotor but every other game I rented with the exceptions of Halo I did not love.Mechassualt is shit and so is Project gaythom which xbox rag touted as better then GT3 a total blatant lie, GT3 had way more interesting tracks and more cars that you could also upgrade and tune up and the graphics and effects were way better even though GT3 was older and even a ps2 game and Gt4 is even more impressive.

The nickdaddyg Update - Geno - 10th January 2005

Quote:N64ers are gay!

Quote:Shut it, PSX scum!

Oooo! Can I join?

Hey, Weltall! You posted a picture of a guy peeing on the N64 logo! OMG, you showed his dick! This proves that you're gay! What? I didn't look long and hard for his tiny little dick.

Can I be a PSXer now? Hey, EdenMasturbater... um... you suck because you are an unevolved monkey person!

(Are these supposed to be the golden days that we miss? Wow, I actually miss being a retard.)

The nickdaddyg Update - nickdaddyg - 10th January 2005

OB1 Wrote:Like a member recently said, you often write like a 12-year-old.

Okay, that was just plain stupid. Fittisize (or whoever said that) was refering to my word choice, since I was just calling things gay, and soudning childish, but hey I wanted to...it annoys people...which is fun!

So yeah your initial comment on my English skills is completely invalid now, and you look stupid for basing it on someone else's comment that wasn't even refering to my English. Next time, analyze other ppl's posts. With the context clues, you would've known what was meant when he compared me to a 12 year old.

The nickdaddyg Update - Great Rumbler - 10th January 2005

Sony totally ripped off the SNES controller.

Eat that you stupid fanboys! Woo!

The nickdaddyg Update - OB1 - 10th January 2005

Quote:Many of them still have evidence of $149.99 stickers that they originally came with.

The GC was originally $200. I still have the receipt.

Yes I realize how sad that is.

Quote:Okay, that was just plain stupid. Fittisize (or whoever said that) was refering to my word choice, since I was just calling things gay, and soudning childish, but hey I wanted to...it annoys people...which is fun!

So yeah your initial comment on my English skills is completely invalid now, and you look stupid for basing it on someone else's comment that wasn't even refering to my English. Next time, analyze other ppl's posts. With the context clues, you would've known what was meant when he compared me to a 12 year old.

Nick, you're famous for using terrible, nonsensical grammar.

I got mine at Kaybee so it cost like $225... :)

The nickdaddyg Update - Great Rumbler - 10th January 2005

I got mine at Wal-Mart for $200.

The nickdaddyg Update - OB1 - 10th January 2005

Haha, foolish ABF.

I wanted one and it was the only place in town (except perhaps stupid Wal-Mart, which I wouldn't have gone to to check) that had them...

The nickdaddyg Update - Great Rumbler - 11th January 2005

Quote:except perhaps stupid Wal-Mart, which I wouldn't have gone to to check

Ha! You and you're values have cost you dearly this time!

The nickdaddyg Update - Geno - 11th January 2005

Great Rumbler Wrote:Sony totally ripped off the SNES controller.

Eat that you stupid fanboys! Woo!

That's a biased opinion! You're a loser in denial! And besides, if you put a cartridge in a washing machine, it messes up, but I spilled pancake syrup on a CD and it still worked!

The nickdaddyg Update - A Black Falcon - 11th January 2005

It was worth it to not go to Wal-Mart and to get it as soon as I could after launch. :)

The nickdaddyg Update - alien space marine - 11th January 2005

Virtuaboy just gave a seisure!

"Falls too the floor and has violent convulsions,Has foaming of the mouth and starts chanting the japanese anthem".