Tendo City
star wars tv show - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: star wars tv show (/showthread.php?tid=2445)

star wars tv show - alien space marine - 30th December 2004

http://filmforce.ign.com/starwars/articles/574/574508p1.html

Lukes Skywalker will be in it by the sounds of it , I wonder if Carrie Fisher might also make an appearence as the aged New Republic Senator Leia Solo , I bet it would be hard to get Harrison Fords sorry carcus for a cameo given that unlike the other two he turned into a big shot super star and not a type casted has been who best role afterwards was voicing joker on a batman cartoon!

But anything is possible, Maybe Ford would love a on screen union for old times sake I bet the fans would really be happy.

I am surprised Lucas agreed to it, He used to be pretty stern about not allowing it to turn into startrek and just fade out and die in tv waste land.

Rick Berman the guy has made the last three star trek series and also best known for his role of defacating on Gene Roddenberrys memmory.Is qouted as saying he wants a job on this new SW tv show , I soppose if Lucas doesnt mind having his pride and artistic worth turned into decomposed racoon hide.

star wars tv show - Darunia - 30th December 2004

Oh wow, that'd be pretty---I dunno, cool or bad? I guess it could be cool... either way I'm excited about the possibility. If it'd be set in the latter era, then it'd be like Thrawn, and Bakura, and all the other ideas that could never make it into a Prequel movie. Maybe it'll follow the adventures of Jedis. Maybe we'll see Kyle Katarn. That'd be cool.

Mara Jade Lukes wife is gonna be in it for sure ,Lucas is gonna look at all characters in EU and pick out the ones he likes and thinks would fit good. So far Mara is the only choice he has mentioned, I bet it probaily takes place a quite a number of years after ROTJ, Given Mark Hamills age I am glad he is willing to play Luke again , His career never really went big like Harrison despite his great talent and its a good thing he was Luke given all the other choices that Lucas had, star wars could have been shit.

I Bet its gonna be Leia's Children as the stars finally making it Canon.

I wonder if they will finally prove or dispel rumours Lando Calrisian is a jedi?

star wars tv show - OB1 - 30th December 2004

Lucas has never said anything about not wanting to Star Trek-ize SW. Or something.

It looks like Kevin Smith will write and/or direct one of the series, which would be awesome. And I wouldn't be too surprised if they disregard most of the EU (which sucks for the most part anyhow), so there may be no Mara Jade. All for the better, I say.

And if Rick Berman has anything to do with Star Wars I will personally hunt down George Lucas and take back every nice thing I ever said about him. Rick Berman is SATAN!!

OB1 Wrote:...

Lucas has never said anything about not wanting to Star Trek-ize SW. Or something.

It looks like Kevin Smith will write and/or direct one of the series, which would be awesome. And I wouldn't be too surprised if they disregard most of the EU (which sucks for the most part anyhow), so there may be no Mara Jade. All for the better, I say.

And if Rick Berman has anything to do with Star Wars I will personally hunt down George Lucas and take back every nice thing I ever said about him. Rick Berman is SATAN!!

I hope they have Mara Jade , I dont think Luke could have lasted all those years in celebacy without falling to the dark side.

I would not look forward too seeing Kyle katarn especially in that KFC outfit he wares.

Actually Lucas did say in a interview that he didnt want the it to turn into startrek were is so many movies and tv series that it deminishes the original work that he did. I think he also wants to keep control over it and not end up like Gene Roddenberry were he dies and some young hot shot cashes in and takes his creation and try to make it into his own erasing Genes work desregarding his values turning into a sexy action flick instead of the fun entertaining enlightening show it once was,It was Micheal Piller and Ron D Moore who kept DS9 and VOY atleast together as a Roddenberry spirited series ,But once they went the other way you can see how B & B didnt know what the hell they were doing making a prequeil but ignoring star trek history and continuity and getting desperate trying to get viewers back with sexual inuendos ,Borg and half assed brainless plots that have little thought put into it like the TCW or the Xindi crap , That alien nazi thing besides being cliche was really weak , The show didnt really become what it was meant to be untill someone bumped berman off and became the new Executive Producer and even at that Berman still doesnt want to go away like he thinks his presence actually helps the show.

So for that Reason Lucas is cautious so he wont allowing anything if he doesnt want it or like it , I am sure once he is gone he doesnt want sombody else taking his baby and wants to pesserve his legacy.

star wars tv show - Darunia - 30th December 2004

Jeeze--this'll be weird; think about it--to make something into a TV show is to make it cheap and---well crappy. Maybe this isn't such a good idea after all.

star wars tv show - Fittisize - 30th December 2004

Quote:It looks like Kevin Smith will write and/or direct one of the series, which would be awesome. And I wouldn't be too surprised if they disregard most of the EU (which sucks for the most part anyhow), so there may be no Mara Jade. All for the better, I say.

Sweet. Even though I have no interest in this show, I might have to pretend that I do to stay true to my Kevin Smith fanboy roots.

star wars tv show - Weltall - 30th December 2004

Darunia Wrote:Jeeze--this'll be weird; think about it--to make something into a TV show is to make it cheap and---well crappy. Maybe this isn't such a good idea after all.

The last two movies have been shlocky, expensive toy merchandising vehicles. Making it into a TV show certainly won't improve things any, but at least it is keeping consistency.

star wars tv show - alien space marine - 31st December 2004

Ryan Wrote:The last two movies have been shlocky, expensive toy merchandising vehicles. Making it into a TV show certainly won't improve things any, but at least it is keeping consistency.

Whats this continued shit about the new star wars films being utter crap?!!That I hear so much about? They say it as if its Gigli but we know 80% of them are gonna see ROTS when it is released in may , Heck they may even stop by for the premier of the unofficially announced tv show.If its so bad why do they keep seeing it? Some of the people here yourself included commented that this next star wars film looks like it will be better yet you said that the last two times and still do!!!

Guess what Star Wars always was a toy merchandising vehicle , After the first movie was a mega hit in 1979 and again in the 80's even 90's when no movies were even being made or released, I myself was addicted to them as a kid. Hell I still hold on to them as decorations and old child hood trinkits.

We see the original star wars with such overly colored eyes because of our child hood memmory , While I mean no disrespect to the original films ( I too loved them to death) but they had their flaws too its just that we dont notice them as much our past child hood minds have affected our reasoning. But we have grown passed that when we see new fresh unemotionaly filterd out movies they suddenly go hostile agaist it, The first starwars is pretty tame for todays standards yet is still highly regarded despite the fact if it was release now it would be craped on for it more so then the new prequeils.

While it can be agreed that Jar Jar Binks to some agree was a bleemish ,But some people hate ROTJ because of the Ewoks which I didnt mind and loved but I bet its because I was 7 years old when I saw it.The Young Anakin a pest , I still enjoyed that movie and was excited pumped up when I left even though I had seen so many movies least of all star wars to death in my life before it , It was great to see the universe again on the big screen fresh and new , I found Ewan McGregor and that shindlers list guy did amazing performances loved their character Hell I think they killed Gui Gon Jin too early ,Darth Maul even though he didnt say more then 3 lines was pretty cool had a thrilling performance dazzeling his fighting skills with that very unique double bladed light sabre.
Find out how Palpatined duped and trashed the Republic masquerading as a wolf in white sheeps clothing .

Episode II , Didnt have a 10 year as a starring figure nore was jar jar binks in the movie for very long ,It was slower film then any of the rest , It was different ,You see the Young anakin still well intended show signs of rebelion and immaturity. Were Storm troopers came from who Boba Fett was ,Who created the blue prints for the death star lots of action and special fx like usual.While I now see that I would preferd Paul Walker then Hayden he is still acceptable and watchable who knows maybe he improved.

Lucas has lots of shoes to fill and its hard living up to fans expectations or perhaps fans expect to much and dont realize that the quality haisnt deminished you just dont see it in inexperienced childrens eyes anymore.

Thats why adults will diss their children cartoons but wont diss their own child hood cartoons.

star wars tv show - A Black Falcon - 31st December 2004

They better follow the EU. I like it a lot and it'd be really, really bad of them to just summarially kill it. So no, that'd be a horrible idea. So if you're going to have Luke in the show I'd say that the best time setting would be after the NJO... I know, that brings up the question for most people of 'what happened in between?', but you tell the relevant details as they come up. Yes, there are a lot of them, but if you do the show well it could be introduced at a fine rate... the main question is what the show will focus on. What will it be about? Luke won't be the focus, that's clear... so what will be? We don't know yet and we'll need to wait a while to hear what it will be. But I bet that it'll be set after the end of the NJO, in the period where there is not EU material yet... it seems like the most logical place to put it. Oh, and it'd be great to get some more popular recognition of the EU stuff... there is a lot of great material there. :)

On a Star Wars note, I got RSIII: Rebel Strike a couple days ago. It was down to $20 and I said 'why not?'... it's pretty good. Kind of like RSII, kind of like Battle for Naboo (all the ground-based stuff), but pretty good overall. And I definitely notice all the references to the different movies and EU stuff that's all over the game... it's great to see so many nods to the EU stuff in the games. :)

And as for the prequel trilogy, we've been over this so many times before that doing it again is just tiresome... but they're quite good. Maybe not as good as the classic trilogy (or at least ROTJ and ESB), but quite good. They are definitely not far worse than the classic movies.

star wars tv show - OB1 - 31st December 2004

Gee wiz, a Star Wars thread with Ryan crying about how much he thinks they suck.

And he calls us argumentative and troll-like.

star wars tv show - Great Rumbler - 31st December 2004

Quote:The last two movies have been shlocky, expensive toy merchandising vehicles.

I thought the new SW movies were pretty good. Dunno

star wars tv show - A Black Falcon - 31st December 2004

AotC was almost as good or as good as ESB (which is of course behind to ROTJ), I'd say... and TPM is quite underrated, once you accept what it's trying to be.

star wars tv show - alien space marine - 31st December 2004

What exactly was the Phantom menance the title spoke of? Darth Maul ? Darth Sidious? The Dark Side ?

star wars tv show - Great Rumbler - 31st December 2004

Most likely it's a reference to the Sith, but it can mean other things.

star wars tv show - OB1 - 31st December 2004

Sidious/Palpatine, specifically.

star wars tv show - A Black Falcon - 1st January 2005

Yes, to the hidden (phantom) menace Sidious/Palpatine presents.

star wars tv show - alien space marine - 5th January 2005

http://www.lardbiscuit.com/lard/ilovetpm4.html

Good arguements and defense of the phantom menance.

star wars tv show - Darunia - 5th January 2005

Phantom menace

I've always thought it meant Anakin himself, because he's in their midst, and he'll sure be a menace when he's Darth Vader... and no on knows that yet, thus a 'phantom', or ghostly, difficult to see, 'menace.'

The Phantom menance was a villain in a flash gordon serial , George Lucas childhood inspiration for starwars.

I could never understand the dessent within the star wars fan ranks over the prequeils , Sure its understandible some people would be turned off by it given that "Han Solo" and "Luke" are not in it and Jar Jar binks was iritating , I cant understand why it seems a loud majority dislike it ,Jar Jar binks is the same tupe of character as they are both annoying 80% worthless characters , C3-PO besides the few times he was helpful as a linguist he mostly was just a lumbering gold plated whiner he could barely move at 0.5 M per second. People hate Jar Jar because of the high pitched voice goofy apearence and shitty gags that over did it and made him more annoying then he should have been. I bet if he had Jamaicanish accent instead that "mesa sayin" crap people would have tolerated him more.

I also think Anakin was too young they could have added 4 more years too him, It to me has alot to do with the differences with Padme in episode 1, in AOTC he is taller and more built , but in this one she is taller older and noticably more mature looking, This guy is right the child actor in PM did as best as he could and could have been worse with someone else.

Besides that I really did enjoy episode 1 just about the same as Return of the jedi,Not a bad film and way overly critized.

star wars tv show - OB1 - 5th January 2005

I'll tell you exactly why people hate the prequels:

1) Every idiot thinks they're a movie critic now, and when they see a movie that does not conform to their misguided standards, the "norm" that they are used to (i.e. most trash that people like nowadays), they reject it and call it crap.

2) The prequels don't feel just like the OT--they have a great feeling of their own. People hate change, especially when it's not necessarily an improvement, but rather just a change.

3) Too much hype, coupled with #1 & 2.

star wars tv show - A Black Falcon - 5th January 2005

I think that other things (I've heard as explanations) are responsible too... people forgetting what the original movies are really like, Lucas not really making them to maximize their popularity (which is a GOOD thing!), the fact that critics have always disliked Star Wars, etc... as well, of course, as the fact that the new movies are different in tone somewhat and a lot of people didn't like the change.

But I have to wonder, how much would people have liked them had they been done exactly like the old ones? I bet we'd still get the complaints about 'bad script' and 'bad acting' for sure...

star wars tv show - Great Rumbler - 5th January 2005

People, given the chance, will complain about EVERYTHING.

OB1 Wrote:I'll tell you exactly why people hate the prequels:

1) Every idiot thinks they're a movie critic now, and when they see a movie that does not conform to their misguided standards, the "norm" that they are used to (i.e. most trash that people like nowadays), they reject it and call it crap.

2) The prequels don't feel just like the OT--they have a great feeling of their own. People hate change, especially when it's not necessarily an improvement, but rather just a change.

3) Too much hype, coupled with #1 & 2.

Lucas never hyped the movies, The people hyped it on themselves and put to high expectations, Then they stab Lucas in the heart with bashing and very sharp insulting words, Called "him a greedy rich theif and a liar" its absolutely outstanding.Then they insult him by saying he is a retarded fool with no talent try too claim ESB and ROTJ were sucessful because they were not directed by him and not his work. One said Lucas was a liar for saying the original A new hope was stand alone film and greed was his motivation for sequeils and prequeils ,When Lucas started the idea he had always intended the goal of making more then one movie he had spent 3 years of his life researhing,reading and brain storming trying to piece together ideas for the stories, he didnt know that the first film was gonna be a sucess so he planed for the worsed, ESB and ROTJ was all his ideas and writing,Guess what so was Indiana jones it waisnt speilberg who came up with the idea originaly.

I cant understand the hostility of those anti star wars fan wankers to the special edition and dvd releases,They have their damn VHS tapes why do they keep bitchin about the changes in the films?They bitch and whine at each other some like this others hate this, Some dislike the Yoda vs Dooku scene and seem to want to make sure everyone agrees with them and nobody has free will to decide for themselves.

I think most people who say PM and AOTC suck are just following peer pressure and conforming to the status quo.

People who have profound hatred of the prequeils and bash Lucas himself for the above reasons , Are not real true star wars it doesnt matter if they like the OT , A real SW Hardcore fan will watch both the best and worse of star wars not bash and redicule those who like things they dont. Disrespecting the creator is a sign of a false fan , How can you say you love starwars but despise the man who brought it into existence because you dont like his later installments.

Your free to say you didnt think the prequeils were good as the originasl but dont go like a wanker and try to make sure nobody else is allowed to enjoy it.

Quote:Lucas never hyped the movies, The people hyped it on themselves and put to high expectations,

Uh, I was never suggesting that Lucas himself hyped up the movie.

Quote:I think most people who say PM and AOTC suck are just following peer pressure and conforming to the status quo.

That is pretty much true, actually. Most people who liked AotC upon first viewing loved it, then later came back to proclaim how "totally wrong" they were about liking it. Rolleyes Harry Knowles of aintitcoolnews did that, as did many others(no, this is not an invite to start another stupid debate, Ryan).

star wars tv show - Darunia - 5th January 2005

I like the prequels in their own right, but they're just--so different from the gritty--I hesitate to say REALISM with Star Wars, but thats what comes to mind. Episodes I & II just feel like a videogame to me, what with all of the computer animation. IV, V & VI have mattes that are equally unrealistic, but--I dunno--their 70's cinematography is just so much more convincing and endearing to me than 00's computers.

Yeah I know, CG is just so dumb! Old-school effects is where it's at, maaan! Totally.

:clap:

Thanks for the awesomely original opinion, Darunia. I'm glad that most wanna-be film elitists who don't even know what cinematography means don't say the very same thing in order to sound cool. I applaud you once again.

:clap:

star wars tv show - alien space marine - 6th January 2005

The most silly review was from ebert , He gave it low ratings " because the screen was blurry and he couldnt see"! LOL! Later he apologized and said it was because they have to go to a digital theatre too see it properly.

I always respected Ebert, Most critics totally suck or are just faggots with no taste,His complaint about missing Han solo is totally pathetic.

The movies could not have been done any other way ,Seeing thousands of clone troopers marching off to battle and the huge onslaught of the battle droids vs Republic Clone army. Some movies are not appropriate and overuse or put CGI when a previous style was far more apealing in the case of Aliens and certain films.But since Lucas is the pioneer of CGI it was his companies creation IL&M I think star wars films should always be a show of incredible special fx and they always were from A new hope and on.The OT FX are ok even for today but you know the new shit is alot better on the eyes.

star wars tv show - Great Rumbler - 6th January 2005

I wonder if people back in the 70's complained that Lucas paid too much attention to bluescreen matting, high-quality models, and cutting-edge puppetry, thus taking away from the characters...

star wars tv show - OB1 - 6th January 2005

The funny thing is that there are more practical effects in the prequels (miniatures, matte paintings, etc.) than in any other movie from the past decade or so, but it all blends so seemlessly with the computer effects that they can't tell the difference. CG is just bad because it's geek-chic to say so, no matter if it looks ten times better than puppets and claymation.

I watched the documentary on the Episode 2 DVD and it shows them doing a lot of stuff with miniatures and matting, in particular some of the cityscapes and the arena where the jedis fight the droid army and bug aliens. One complaint I've heard about some of the CG models [namely the clone army and the droids in some parts] is that they look too "plastic". *shakes head in incredulity*

The funny part about that is that the people who make these claims can't tell whether they're real or CG models most of the time (when it comes to the droids and the clones).

I watched the scene with the closeups of the clones and I couldn't tell whether they were CG or not, though I don't exactly have an HDTV with progressive scan.

Just look at it on your computer.

star wars tv show - A Black Falcon - 6th January 2005

But sometimes CG things do look 'plasticy' and not real... yeah, it's getting better, but there's something about it that the more realistic they get the less convincing they are... I don't know. Yes, the prequel trilogy does a great job. But they can't totally erase every trace of the fact that a lot of the things aren't real (I don't mind, but a lot of people seem to...).

You completely missed the point I was making.

star wars tv show - alien space marine - 6th January 2005

Some scenes are impossible without CG major space battles and all those thousands of clones troopers and droid duking , Like which do you prefer stop motion animation or CGI? I dont hate stop motion animation personally but I know some people will just walk out of the movie if they saw it today , I thought having good effects was sopposed to be a good thing ! It does not look like video game graphics so whats your freaking problem?

This is rediculous its like wanting the hidious star trek tos effects back!

I dont see how CGI ruined the film , If you had waterd down the effects and made it like ROTJ and left the exact same story would you still think it would be good?

While I agree fx is not why we ever saw them in the first place .... or is it? What was it that compelled us to see the OT on VHS ?( since known of us were old enough back then) You didnt know what the story was but could it be all those explosions and cool images attarcted you in the first time? Or is this PT bashing all because you saw it as a little kid and naturally enjoyed alot more and because you are all burnt out of fun in your brain you take it out at these films, Which to me are not any worse then OT.

star wars tv show - Darunia - 6th January 2005

They should take the Star Wars TV show in a drastically new direction; something that no one would EVER expect, like a sitcom! Darth Vader and Obi-Wan get an apartment together on Coruscant, and have to put their differences aside in order to make ends meet, keep their nosey neighbors at bay, and all sorts of wacky misadventures! It can have a laugh-track, and guest stars...and a catchy opening theme song, like Punky Brewster. We'll call it 'Vader and Friends'.

Yeah, it's getting there.

No, it's just Darunia's ideas that make the thread bad. :)

Quote:You completely missed the point I was making.

I was thinking of EverQuest II. :D

And your post.

Indeed, OB1, truly the way to win an argument is to attack the other people on your side.

star wars tv show - nickdaddyg - 6th January 2005

No, I definitely don't think SW should go there. A TV show....no....

star wars tv show - alien space marine - 7th January 2005

Darunia Wrote:They should take the Star Wars TV show in a drastically new direction; something that no one would EVER expect, like a sitcom! Darth Vader and Obi-Wan get an apartment together on Coruscant, and have to put their differences aside in order to make ends meet, keep their nosey neighbors at bay, and all sorts of wacky misadventures! It can have a laugh-track, and guest stars...and a catchy opening theme song, like Punky Brewster. We'll call it 'Vader and Friends'.

Sounds alot like the 1978 crapfest " star wars holiday special" , Featuring Chewbaccas father Itchy and son Lumpy ! Special guest stars Beat Arthur a transvestisized Mark Hamill ,Carrie Fisher and her stinging voice, Harrison Ford Han Solo forn five minutes only.

The sad truth is that I am not joking this damn thing exists! http://www.stomptokyo.com/sings/swholiday/hugging.html

http://www.stomptokyo.com/sings/swholiday/regular-cast.html

:barf:

star wars tv show - OB1 - 7th January 2005

A Black Falcon Wrote:Indeed, OB1, truly the way to win an argument is to attack the other people on your side.

I learned it from the master: you. Banana

star wars tv show - A Black Falcon - 7th January 2005

Rolleyes

star wars tv show - Great Rumbler - 7th January 2005

I've got the Star Wars Holiday Special saved on my computer...

star wars tv show - A Black Falcon - 7th January 2005

I'd like to see that sometime to experience its sheer horror... :)

star wars tv show - Darunia - 7th January 2005

Awe man--I'd kill to see that!

Mark Hamill crossdressed in it...? Explain this.