Tendo City
Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this (/showthread.php?tid=2429)

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - OB1 - 17th December 2004

I just got this email:

Quote:There was a large personal canister of hot chocolate mix in one of the lower cabinets in the coffee lounge and now it is gone. This did not belong to the department, so if you borrowed it, please return it to the coffee lounge.

Thanks,
Julie

Well at least the thief sticks to a certain M.O., eh? Lol

This place is nuts.

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Great Rumbler - 17th December 2004

Yeah, that hot chocolate mix is never coming back.

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - OB1 - 17th December 2004

Those crazy Atmos people.

Us CIRA folk never have problems like this.

(Atmos is the larger building near ours where most of the grad students are, and where some classes take place)

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Great Rumbler - 17th December 2004

Those dirty Atmos food-thieves!

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - EdenMaster - 17th December 2004

Be on the lookout: In a week or so, someone is going to invite the whole place for "free hot chocolate in the break room!"

Mark my words!

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - lazyfatbum - 17th December 2004

*marks them with semen and alvocado pits*

YEAH

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - alien space marine - 17th December 2004

*takes a bite* *looks cautious*

*runs!*

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Great Rumbler - 18th December 2004

More than likely it'll be "free hot chocolate AND cookies".

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - OB1 - 18th December 2004

EdenMaster Wrote:Be on the lookout: In a week or so, someone is going to invite the whole place for "free hot chocolate in the break room!"

Mark my words!

Haha, I'm certain that's going to happen as well. Lol

Crazy scientist-nerds.

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Great Rumbler - 18th December 2004

So, what, is it like Dilbert + Office Space every day at where you work?

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - OB1 - 21st December 2004

No, that's the crazy Atmos building next to us.

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Great Rumbler - 21st December 2004

So, what, is it like Dilbert + Office Space every day at the Atmos building?

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - OB1 - 21st December 2004

More like The Office meets some movie where people gossip and scheme against each other.

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Great Rumbler - 21st December 2004

I wish I worked there, it'd be like a daily comedy show that lasts all day.

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - OB1 - 22nd December 2004

Only if you venture to the Atmos building...

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Great Rumbler - 22nd December 2004

"Yeah, I'm gonna need you to come in on Saturday."

Well it's not that funny all of the time. It's not a sitcom.

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Great Rumbler - 22nd December 2004

You're right it isn't...it's BETTER! It's real-life! With real people! And real situations! And that's what makes it so funny!

... yeah.

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Great Rumbler - 23rd December 2004

It's a show about NOTHING! You go to work in the morning, that's a show! You read a book, that's a show! You steal a canister of hot chocolate mix, that's a show!

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - OB1 - 23rd December 2004

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Great Rumbler - 23rd December 2004

I'm out! *slams money down on table*

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - OB1 - 23rd December 2004

*grabs money*

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Great Rumbler - 24th December 2004

*shoots OB1 with a shotgun* *takes money back*

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - OB1 - 24th December 2004

*becomes Godzilla and stomps on GR, takes back money*

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Great Rumbler - 24th December 2004

*a wormhole opens up and swallows OBZilla* *takes back the money*

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - OB1 - 24th December 2004

*OBZilla comes back from the wormhole five minutes later, becomes Space OBZilla*

*destroys Oklahoma, then takes money from King GRidora*

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Laser Link - 25th December 2004

Wow, sounds kinda like my job. Except we get layoffs every couple weeks! Good old government contractors.

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - OB1 - 26th December 2004

Ah, that should make things worse then since people aren't too worried about losing their jobs. :D Where do you work?

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Great Rumbler - 26th December 2004

*King GRidora grows five million heads and uses them to destroy Space OBzilla and Colorado* *takes back the money*

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - OB1 - 26th December 2004

*the real, original OBzilla comes back and is joined with MechaOBzilla and 90's OBZilla and together they destroy King GRidora with giant blasts of nuclear breath*

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Great Rumbler - 26th December 2004

But you forgot that I'm really the Prince of Space and I'm immune to all forms of radiation [and cancer]!!! *destroys the OBzilla conglomerate with really old, overused cliches!!*

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Weltall - 26th December 2004

[Image: cc_jackso_i.jpg]

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Laser Link - 26th December 2004

The company I work for is Scitor, but I work at Lockheed Martin. LM gets huge contracts, and then gets a bunch of smaller subcontracters (like Scitor) to support the contract. And then the LM managers screw everything up by their incompetence, and they get rid of the subcontracters. It's a crazy scheme. They've axed about 150 people so far, and amazingly I have survived.

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - OB1 - 27th December 2004

Geez, that's insane. Is your job secure?

Great Rumbler Wrote:But you forgot that I'm really the Prince of Space and I'm immune to all forms of radiation [and cancer]!!! *destroys the OBzilla conglomerate with really old, overused cliches!!*

It turns out that OBZilla and his various copies were just illusions! *The real kaiju attacks King GRidora, killing him to a million pieces*

*moments later, The Rumblah (tee hee, get it?) and MegaGRuirus decide to attack OBZilla, Space OBZilla, and Mecha OBzilla, and a huge kaiju war begins*

What will happen NEXT!!

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Great Rumbler - 27th December 2004

EXPLOSION!!

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Laser Link - 28th December 2004

I think I'm okay. They say that they are done with layoffs, and they may even be telling the truth this time. I don't know if they are liars or just that clueless, but either way there is nothing to do about it but keep doing my job the best I can. I haven't been worried about it at all, even though I was pretty sure I would be one of the people to go, since I'm one of the newest and least experienced.

From what I'm told it isn't normally like this. For whatever reason this program is really screwed up and things are falling apart. It feels like the Titantic. :)

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Laser Link - 28th December 2004

Oh, I forgot. Because of this, I was looking at job openings and happened to think of good old Rare. They are hiring programmers right now, and they seem to be one of the few game companies that will hire newbs. If only they were in Colorado, instead of England.

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - OB1 - 28th December 2004

Laser Link Wrote:I think I'm okay. They say that they are done with layoffs, and they may even be telling the truth this time. I don't know if they are liars or just that clueless, but either way there is nothing to do about it but keep doing my job the best I can. I haven't been worried about it at all, even though I was pretty sure I would be one of the people to go, since I'm one of the newest and least experienced.

From what I'm told it isn't normally like this. For whatever reason this program is really screwed up and things are falling apart. It feels like the Titantic. :)

Well that's good. What do you do there?

Quote:Oh, I forgot. Because of this, I was looking at job openings and happened to think of good old Rare. They are hiring programmers right now, and they seem to be one of the few game companies that will hire newbs. If only they were in Colorado, instead of England.

Are you signed up for the gamasutra newsletter? Check out that site and gamedev.net for job openings. They usually have quite a few openings fairly often.

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - Laser Link - 30th December 2004

Yeah, I get their newsletter. I've looked at the GameDev.net listings for openings in the past too, and have been pleasantly surprised. Sure, you may have to start at some place you've never heard of (who is this Pandemic Games that has been hiring for years?), but you get exp and a published game, so you can move on if you like. I'm not looking to seriously though, because I don't want to leave Colorado Springs for a while. More important to me is the internship and church, so I want to stay here for a couple more years or so. Then I'll be ready for the next step. Who knows where it will be.

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - A Black Falcon - 31st December 2004

Pandemic... they made Dark Reign 2, I know that... uh, what else... oh, Army Men RTS... some other stuff... RTSes mostly I think. Did they also do Battlezone 2? I think they might have.

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - OB1 - 31st December 2004

You've never heard of Pandemic? They made the excellent Full Spectrum Warrior, the pretty good SW Battlefield, and are currently working on Destroy All Humans (GTA meets Mars Attacks) and Mercenaries (GTA meets Battlefield or something... okay so their next projects aren't too original, but they look cool).

Hahaha, first the cookie dough and now this - A Black Falcon - 31st December 2004

Destroy All Humans looks pretty funny... it could even be good as well! :D