Tendo City
Halo 2 - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Halo 2 (/showthread.php?tid=2398)

Pages: 1 2

Halo 2 - Fittisize - 7th December 2004

Worth getting an X-Box?

Halo 2 - A Black Falcon - 7th December 2004

If you liked Halo 1, and don't think it'll be coming to the PC anytime soon...

Halo 2 - OB1 - 7th December 2004

How would you know?

Halo 2 - A Black Falcon - 7th December 2004

Read any review and it's immediately obvious. Given that you've said so too I don't think you can disagree with it, either...

Halo 2 - OB1 - 8th December 2004

Dude, you've got to learn to form your own opinion and not just trust eveything reviewers state. Especially when concering a hyped game like Halo 2. The answer is not that simple.

Fittsy, do you have X-Box Live? If the answer is "no" then don't buy an XB for Halo 2. The single player is not worth it. Not in the least. I wouldn't even suggest someone who already has an XB to buy the game at full price if they do not have XB Live (like GR). If you can get XB Live then I would definitely reccomend an X-Box, though not just for Halo 2. There're tons of great online titles for the system.

Halo 2 - Dark Jaguar - 8th December 2004

I find the multiplayer worth it. Single player? Well as I said when I gave my opinion of it a while back, it's a lot better than Halo 1's single player, but really despite what it sounded like, that's not saying much. Essentially they made it playable, and somewhat fun, but really it's only truly fun when you play co-op, which you may need to beat Legendary mode.

However, it doesn't compare to either Goldeneye or Perfect Dark, especially Perfect Dark. I still can't wait for Perfect Dark 0.

I'm actually looking forward to the spy shooter Zoonami is working on for the GC (or Revolution) a lot more than PD0. I have more faith in Hollis than the rest of Rare.

Halo 2 - A Black Falcon - 8th December 2004

Quote:Fittsy, do you have X-Box Live? If the answer is "no" then don't buy an XB for Halo 2. The single player is not worth it. Not in the least. I wouldn't even suggest someone who already has an XB to buy the game at full price if they do not have XB Live (like GR). If you can get XB Live then I would definitely reccomend an X-Box, though not just for Halo 2. There're tons of great online titles for the system

That is probably true, unless he REALLY loved the Halo 1 single player mode for some strange reason, which is why I said 'if you liked Halo 1'... sure even then there are better single player FPSes out there but such people probably wouldn't care that that is the case. :)

If he really liked Halo 1 then he'd probably already have an X-Box, don't you think?

That is probably true... but you can never be SURE you know...

Rolleyes

Halo 2 - Great Rumbler - 8th December 2004

MP1 and Echoes are better than Halo 1 and 2.

Yes.

And I can safely say that without fear of retribution from ABF since I have played all four games and beaten two of them.

Haha, yeah! *high fives GR*

*ABF looks on from the end of the room, crying*

Halo 1 is alright but standard while MP1 is a great and unique game so of course MP is better... :)

One of the great things about MP was it's art style and the attention to detail in every enviroment, something that Halo was very much missing.

Well the art style wasn't bad or anything, the covenant weapons and vehicles looked pretty nice. Certainly was no Doom. Yeah though, nothing awe inspiring.

Don't say that, DJ! Even if you can't see it, we all will now be subjected to one of OB1's "Doom's art style is awful and looks like a 5th grader's stuff" lectures again!

You mean like, lifted straight from Penny Arcade, which we all pretty much agree with anyway? Huh...

Halo 2 - OB1 - 9th December 2004

Yes lifted straight from PA, even though I've been complaining about id's shitty artwork since Doom came out.

Halo 2 - A Black Falcon - 9th December 2004

Quote:Yes lifted straight from PA, even though I've been complaining about id's shitty artwork since Doom came out.

You have, and haven't had lots of people agreeing with you. I'm not saying Doom has awesome artwork, but your opinion of it (and the Doom games in general) is definitely below average...

"below average"? What on earth does that mean? Learn to write properly, ABF.

I seriously doubt that there's any sighted person out there who thinks that id's artwork is good. Come on, even DJ admits that its crap, and she said that she usually can't tell the difference between "good" art and "bad" art. That has to mean something.

Halo 2 - Great Rumbler - 9th December 2004

Skeletons with missle-launchers on their shoulders? Not exactly the most original idea out there...

Pfft, are you kidding me??!! If you agree with me then ABF might have to admit that he's an idiot, and since that's not physically possible for him to do the world might implode!!! IN SPACE!!!!.5000!!!!!

Which makes sense. The space part at least.

Halo 2 - A Black Falcon - 9th December 2004

I haven't played a lot of any of the Doom games so I can't comment that much, but it seems like pretty standard stuff to me...

Unfortunately that's pretty much true. Most games have crap art.

Doom 3 had really good graphics, but the art style was typical-space-station-colony-thing with typical-demon-things-except-with-upsidedown-heads-things. It's just not really that inspired, though maybe it's hard to be unique with stuff like that, I don't know.

On a technical level Doom 3 was wonderful, and the modelers they had were very talented. As were the texture artists. But whoever designed the enemies/characters in the game... man... :shake:

But you're right, there's only so much you can do with a stupid story and theme. Perhaps the artists simply didn't feel the work.

It did have a creepy atmosphere though, what with all excessive darkness and all, it did for me anyway, though that isn't really saying much.

I laughed most of the time...

When that first translucent flaming skull came at you out of nowhere, I couldn't stop laughing. I was like "that's it?? that tiny little pink blob?? hahahaha!!" and then Bo Jackson was like "don't make fun!" and then I said "hey did you even see that??" and then he was like "no sir I did not!" and then I showed it to him and he started laughing as well, so we had ourselves a good chuckle.

It was great...

Halo 2 - Fittisize - 9th December 2004

So, don't get an X-Box just for Halo 2? Sounds good.

Get a Gamecube and the Metroid games instead. That would be my advice, unless you already have a GC.

Halo 2 - OB1 - 10th December 2004

And if you already have a GC, get some gummi bears to help add to your GC-playing experience.

Halo 2 - Great Rumbler - 10th December 2004

Erm

Halo 2 - OB1 - 10th December 2004

THAT'S ALL YOU CAN EVER DO!!!

Halo 2 - Great Rumbler - 10th December 2004

That's what I do when you say crazy things!!

Halo 2 - Private Hudson - 13th December 2004

I'll say this.. I quite enjoy playing Halo 2 multiplayer. Even if you don't have XBox Live, it can be quite fun with just a few friends.

Though, certainly no where near as good as games like TimeSplitters (1&2), Super Smash Brothers, Champions of Norrath, Tekken Tag Tournament, Eye Toy: Play, SSX (1/Tricky/3), Burnout (2/3).. I think you get my point, so I'll stop. :)

p.s. I even found the game to be tiresome in co-op. :D

Halo 2 - Great Rumbler - 13th December 2004

And yet it still sold 3.5 million copies in less than a month. *doesn't get it at all*

Halo 2 - Private Hudson - 13th December 2004

Microsoft is saying 5 million!

It may be that much by now, but they sold 3.5 in November.

Quote:Microsoft is saying 5 million!

Are there even that many people in the US with Xboxes?

Halo 2 - A Black Falcon - 13th December 2004

Hey, some people buy two copies you know! You need to keep one in shrinkwrap for prosterity...

Halo 2 - OB1 - 13th December 2004

Great Rumbler Wrote:That's what I do when you say crazy things!!

WHAT'S SO DAMN CRAZY ABOUT GUMMI BEARS??!?!?!!!?!?!?!???!11!!1!!1.5--0---000!!

YOU know what's crazy about them!

PFFT! I DON-... I.... I....

*sigh*

Well so what, they're still awesome.

I never said that they weren't.

So what's the problem here??

Space.

May the gummi bear king (Bo) show you mercy!!

Halo 2 - OB1 - 2nd January 2005