Tendo City
RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! (/showthread.php?tid=2396)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - Great Rumbler - 19th December 2004

I have no idea, but you might try someplace like Best Buy or Gamestop.

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - Undertow - 22nd December 2004

Thanks- I checked all my gamestops and other stores and they didn't have any demos left. Oh well, I preodered the game anyways. Now I'll just have to settle for being surprised by the supposive awesomeness of the game.

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - UltraMarioMan - 22nd December 2004

*Has RE4 preordered at EBgames* Sure no demo disc but I've watched enough videos of others playing through it to know how awesome its gonna be. I'll get a making of DVD with it.

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - Undertow - 8th January 2005

Close. So very close.

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - Great Rumbler - 8th January 2005

How many days is it now?

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - OB1 - 8th January 2005

Same as Minish Cap.

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - UltraMarioMan - 11th January 2005

Less then 24 hours WOO!

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - OB1 - 11th January 2005

I thought it came out today.

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - lazyfatbum - 11th January 2005

Both Minish Cap and Resident Evil 4 are out right now and everyone in town is buying them like crazy.

And I cant afford either of them because of bills.

:crap:

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - Great Rumbler - 11th January 2005

And I can't afford them because I have no money!!

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - lazyfatbum - 11th January 2005

You and I need to start a club

A club that robs banks.

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - OB1 - 11th January 2005

I can't afford RE4 this week, but since Minish Cap is only $18 at CC (after coupon) I can afford that.

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - A Black Falcon - 11th January 2005

No Best Buy coupons this time?

You use the BB coupon at CC.

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - UltraMarioMan - 12th January 2005

I have RE4!

[Image: UMMRE4.jpg]

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - Dark Jaguar - 12th January 2005

You essentially culled another PA character and stuck it in an old comic, but to represent YOU.

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - A Black Falcon - 12th January 2005

Does UMM need a comics forum section now? :)

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - Great Rumbler - 12th January 2005

Hmm...I don't know if taken a previously made comic and then changing the faces constitutes art...

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - Dark Jaguar - 12th January 2005

PAaaaaahahahaha.

I just hope GR is aware of the irony.

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - Great Rumbler - 13th January 2005

At least my comic is completely original! AND funny, I might add!

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - big guy - 13th January 2005

Quote:Hmm...I don't know if taken a previously made comic and then changing the faces constitutes art...

the dada (i think it was dada) artists just vandalized copies of old masterpieces and considered it art because it was all about the message of rebellion and unwillingness to conform to the artworld norms.

though they weren't considered artists at their time, just nuisances...and they're questionably considered artists in retrospect...

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - UltraMarioMan - 13th January 2005

Its better then the first draft using stickmen!

[Image: RE4UMMLUV.jpg]

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - A Black Falcon - 13th January 2005

There, you have a comics forum now. :)

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - UltraMarioMan - 13th January 2005

Cool*6 months pass with no new ones*

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - Great Rumbler - 13th January 2005

My comics are better.

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - OB1 - 13th January 2005

Why don't you marry them if you love them so much!

OB1, as I have explained to you numerous times before, only French people and hobos marry inanimate objects.

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - OB1 - 13th January 2005

well... well then, why don't you marry french people if you uh... if you love them so hobo... stuff....

*cough*

I really wish that some other people would CLICK ON THE LINK THAT SAYS "COMIC FORUM" AND THEN CLICK ON "GREAT RUMBLER" AND THEN READ AND COMMENT ON THE COMICS THAT I WORK SO HARD TO MAKE ALL FOR YOU GUYS!!

*ahem*

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - A Black Falcon - 13th January 2005

You only have to make one comic to get a forum. :)

I DO THAT ALL DAMN DAY!!

No you don't!

Make comics?

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - UltraMarioMan - 14th January 2005

[Image: 20050114l.jpg]
:D

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - OB1 - 14th January 2005

Heheh.

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - lazyfatbum - 14th January 2005

I WANT RESIDENT EVIL FOUR IT'S NOT FAIR

On Saturdays, Gumby used toy robots to do his chores so that he and his pal Pokey could relax.

But on this day, something unexpected happened;

Gumby was nude.

Gumby: Mother? May we both have a glass of milk?

*Pokey looks to Mother*

Mother: You certainly may.

*Pokey sighs in relief*

Gumby: One of my classmates died in the kiln today, Mother.

*Pokey enjoys milk*

Mother: Are you getting your work done alright?

Gumby: Just look out the window, Mother! Pokey left a big surprise in your pogonias!

(((NOTE)))

po·go·ni·a (p-gn-, -gny) n.

Any of various small terrestrial orchids of the genus Pogonia, of the North Temperate Zone, having pink or whitish flowers.

[New Latin Pgnia, genus name, from Greek pgn, beard.]

(((NOTE)))

*Robots are cleaning and maintaining yard*

Mother: Well I declare! That was a clever idea... this way we dont have to hire illegal immigrants... but remember to return the robots when you're through with them.

Gumby: Suuuure, Mother! Dont you worry your squishy little head about it!

LATER THAT DAY...

Robot: D A M N . . . I N E E D M O R E P I G S B L O O D . . .

Father: Thank Goodness for the internal genitalia!

Gumby: Pay for my head-bumb surgery, and i'll get you down!

Father: ....son? I'll need a can of Playdoh to replace my butt. There's only one way to stop those robots now. *throws a wrench at robot, robot throws wrench back at Father and it goes through his body, creating a hole in the shape of a wrench*

Gumby: Hey, you can throw things through Dad! I'm gonna get an anvil! *Gumby leaves and finds a Class F crane and uses it to kill the robots*

LATER.....

Pokey: up, I pooped again.

Gumby: *mowing* It's my seventh day without food or water, please! have mercy!

*dead robot head over the garage smiles*

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - OB1 - 14th January 2005

Yipes

But... but Gumby is always nude...

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - lazyfatbum - 14th January 2005

I know.

We should start a fund, if everyone on this board donated one dollar to me I would only need 47 dollars to get RE4.

Even less, if you get it at Best Buy and use one of those $5 coupons.

where do you get the coupons?

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - A Black Falcon - 14th January 2005

He's explained it about ten times before... it involves buying gift coupons for less than the $5-off coupon that's on the back of them, right?

Here are the directions:

Quote:The Best Buy Gamer Gift Card Explained

Q: What is the Gamer Gift Card?

A:The Gamer Gift Card is basically a regular gift card.

Q: Okay, so if it's like a regular gift card, why is it such a big deal?

A: That's because on the back, you can see a $5 off any video game or game accessory $19.99 or up coupon. This is the sole reason that the Gift Card is so popular.

Q: Can I use the Gift Card on something that is not priced at $19.99?

A: Only if the employee is not paying attention. From what I've heard, the price stipulation is not set into the coupon itself. In other words, if you scan it and buy a game/accessory that is less than $19.99, it would scan.

Q: Where are they located?

A: First off, remember this is at Best Buy only. Once you enter the store they can generally be found in the games section or near the check-out counter. They come in CD cases, and are bright green, you can't miss it.

Q: How do I use the Gift Card?

A: You take the Gift Card, go to the cash register, and ask the person to activate it. You can put whatever amount on it, but I've been told that the minimum that you can put now is $5, but I have put 1 cent on it before. It depends on the intelligence of your employee.

Q: Can I use the Gift Card at the same time as when I buy the game?

A: Yes. Sometimes the employee will get irritated, but you are allowed to. In this situation this is what you ask the employee to do:

You have the game and the card and go to the checkout. Ask the employee to activate the Gamer Gift Card. Then ask them to scan the coupon. Don't forget that, because it's why you got the card in the first place.

The alternative is to buy the gift card, walk out of the store, walk back in, pick up the game, and use the card and coupon. In fact, you don't have to even walk out of the store, just go back to the games section.

Q: How much money should I put on the card?

A: Put whatever amount of money on the card, but I would put less than the cost of the game, so you don't have credit left over.

So in general, if the game is $19.99, the coupon is $5 off, so the price is $14.99. You do not want to put on more than $14.99, otherwise you'll have money left over, and you could just as easily come back another time and buy another card (with a brand new coupon) than use the card with a few dollars and no coupon.

Q: Can I buy multiple Gift Cards?

A: Yes. I assume that they will get suspicious if you buy a whole stack and put on 1 cent each. And if you put on $1 each they probably will think you are a cheap ass for giving someone a $1 gift. But obviously put less than the prospective cost of the game.

Q: So what does the current Gift Card look like, and when does it expire?

A: The current Gift Card is Purple, Black and Yellow with a generic controller as the cover. As stated, it expires at the end of this year (12/31/04).

What to tell the Cashier:

Q: What if the cashier gets suspicious when I want to put on a low amount?

A: Tell them that there's a coupon on the back and you are using it for that. They can't do anything to you, as you are allowed to do so.

Q: What if they say that you can put a minimum of only $5/$10/etc?

A: This may be the case now, so I would do it to avoid the hassle. You can simply use whatever amount towards the purchase of the game, so it doesn't really matter what you put on. Read the Long Answer for my old opinion on the matter, and read the Short Answer to try to put on very low amounts of money (i.e. 1 cent, 10 cents, etc).

Long Answer: I had put on one cent on multiple occasions. I went to a different Best Buy and asked them to do the same. The cashier, and then another higher up person said that the minimum was $5. I had said that I already put on one cent at another Best Buy. They said that "The policy must have changed." I subsequently went to that Best Buy and a few months later, I put on ten cents and it worked just fine. The card was simply not activated yet, so it can be used at a later time.

Short Answer: Tell them that you have put on a lower amount before, and it works just fine.

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - Great Rumbler - 22nd January 2005

I finally got to play RE4 today and about the only word I can come up with that can possibly describe it is "Superbojacksome". Really though, the graphics, the gameplay, the music, blowing guys away with the shotgun, the bosses, and so on, are just so much better than everything else!

The graphics are some of the best every, I don't know what they did to make RE4 look so good, but they need to do it again with other games. Also, having behind-the-back viewpoint makes the game so much better than past installments. It's easy to see everything around you and you don't have to worry about guys sneaking up on you because you can't see.

And, dare I say it?, using keys in this game actually make sense. Wow. I never thought I would say that. Of course it wouldn't be Resident Evil if there weren't copious amounts of weapons, ammo, and guys to use them on. *blows like a dozen guys away with a well placed shotgun shell* *kicks a guy's head off* *slashes the survivors with a knife*

"Warning this game contains language and scenes of extreme violence!"

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - EdenMaster - 22nd January 2005

I find that the behind Leon camera veiwpoint adds to the tension, because then you really have to worry about being snuck up on from behind. It's happened to me once already. Yes, the shotgun is great, but a well-modified 9mm can be your best friend in a pinch.

I'm about 8 hours in now, halfway through Chapter 3, and I'm not even on the second disc yet! Superbojacksome indeed!

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - Great Rumbler - 22nd January 2005

Quote:but a well-modified 9mm can be your best friend in a pinch.

Indeed it is, and you can never overestimate the usefulness of you're good friend Mr. Incendiary Grenade.

A word of advice: The best weapon to combat El Gigante is the TMP. It's not very powerful, but you can get in a lot of shots before he gets to you.

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - Undertow - 23rd January 2005

I've completed the game for the second time today.

The best weapons in the game to get (and I have, since I experiment by fully augmenting every gun in the game)

-Red9: Fully modded for 5 damage (no other 9mm gets this powerful)
-Broken Butterfly (fully modded for 50 damage, the third most powerful gun in the game after the handcannon and rocket. The Killer7 is krap. Until you get the handcannon by getting a 5 star rating in all mercenary levels and fully augment it, you might as well use the butterfly.)
-Striker shotgun (most powerful shotgun in game, can be fully modded to hold 100 shells. Great buy)
-Semi-auto rifle (Fully modded is more powerful than the other rifle fully modded, plus it can be upgraded for a .40 shooting speed.)

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - Great Rumbler - 23rd January 2005

Right now the weapons I have are the TMP, the Riot Gun, and the Blacktail. They've been working fairly well for me so far.

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - OB1 - 25th January 2005

I'm only up to the... third boss, I believe (That crazy tall guy who turns all alien-like on you) and the game has been amazing so far. The difficulty is perfect (I've yet to curse at the game for being cheap) and the different ways you can go about each task is incredibly fun. This is, by far, the best action (or survival horror) game I've played this gen. Can't think of a better straight-up action game.

And the graphics! Amazing. Blows away Doom 3 and just about any X-Box game on the market. And all without normal-mapping, bump-mapping, or various other "cheating" effects.

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - Great Rumbler - 25th January 2005

Quote:(That crazy tall guy who turns all alien-like on you)

He's Rasputin, the mad monk. That's what I call him anyway. He's tough, but I took him down on my second try with minimal healing agents.

Quote:Can't think of a better straight-up action game.

Yes, it's an amazing game. It sucked me in and I can't even stand playing most survival horror games! [Paranoid and all that]

RE4 is out NOW, and UMM has it!...in his PANTS!1!!1.50009!!! WITH SPACE CANDY!! - UltraMarioMan - 29th January 2005

Wait until you encounter the Regenerators on disc 2. MWA HA HA HA HA!!