Tendo City
JDOOM! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: JDOOM! (/showthread.php?tid=2368)

JDOOM! - Darunia - 18th November 2004

My god, has anyone else discovered this program!? It's ginormously super! It takes your old Doom .wad files, and spiffs them up with awesome new shading, auras on lights... and 'chripes, it makes it a whole new game! Higher resolution and everything... it's a dream come true. I recommend it to all Doom fans! Go get it, now!!

JDOOM! - Great Rumbler - 19th November 2004

DOOM!!

Anyway, where might one procure this wonderous program?

JDOOM! - UltraMarioMan - 19th November 2004

http://www.doomsdayhq.com/

JDOOM! - OB1 - 19th November 2004

Welcome to last year!! :p

Yeah it's pretty neat.

JDOOM! - A Black Falcon - 19th November 2004

Only last year? :)

JDOOM! - OB1 - 19th November 2004

Well how old is this mod?

I don't know about that one in specific, but haven't the Doom mods been around for a couple of years?

JDOOM! - UltraMarioMan - 19th November 2004

Not a mod a port using the DOOM1/2 source code. Theres also a jHeretic and jHexen.

jHexen... I don't have Doom or Heretic (or Quake), but I do have that one... maybe I should download it.

JDOOM! - UltraMarioMan - 20th November 2004

Get Doomsday and the kickstart launcher. All the j ports are included.

JDOOM! - A Black Falcon - 20th November 2004

My Hexen CD's at home, though, so I'll need to get it then if I want to actually play the game... :)

Hexen was alright, but tough and somewhat confusing (where do I go next? The game gave me no real hint at all and there are twenty places to look!). I didn't get too far. Still, it was fun...

JDOOM! - OB1 - 23rd November 2004

Hexen was crap...

JDOOM! - Darunia - 24th November 2004

Oh--I see how it is. "Let's not thank Darunia for discovering this excellent program", roars the chorus, "let's call him a fool for not knowing it years ago!"

Well---in Goron City, WE HAVE WAYS OF DEALING WITH YOUR SORT!

*Sends fruit baskets to all involved, BUT there aren't any grapes included!!!*

JDOOM! - A Black Falcon - 24th November 2004

Hexen was fun. As I said somewhat frusterating from its scattered levels and the puzzles that open random doors who-knows-where-but-once-you-revisit-every-single-place-you-have-been-you'll-find-it frusterating, but fundamentally a good game.

JDOOM! - OB1 - 24th November 2004

Hexen sucked.

JDOOM! - UltraMarioMan - 24th November 2004

Quote:*Sends fruit baskets to all involved, BUT there aren't any grapes included!!!*
NO GPAPES!?! You shall pay Darunia! VENGENCE WILL BE MINE!

JDOOM! - A Black Falcon - 24th November 2004

Why, OB1? Explain.

JDOOM! - OB1 - 26th November 2004

Well you see, as soon as you turned the game on it sucked out all of the fun in the room. It was quite amazing, actually.

JDOOM! - A Black Falcon - 27th November 2004

Rolleyes

I didn't think that you had an actual reason...

JDOOM! - Great Rumbler - 27th November 2004

I vaguely remember Hexen as being an FPS with a fantasy setting and you used magic and stuff. And there were sheep.

JDOOM! - A Black Falcon - 27th November 2004

Yes, it is a FPS based on the Doom engine in a fantasy setting where you run around and kill fantasy things. With close-range weapons and magic ones for longrange. Second of four Hexen/Heretic games that Raven made. :)

JDOOM! - OB1 - 29th November 2004

And they were horrible fun-sucking machines. And anyone who played them for too long became fun-suckers themselves, only that when they sucked up all of the fun they turned it into un-fun, which doesn't seem to make sense but it does.

It does.

JDOOM! - A Black Falcon - 29th November 2004

What

JDOOM! - OB1 - 29th November 2004

And you're proof of that.

:p

JDOOM! - Great Rumbler - 29th November 2004

It's like the black hole of fun!! It sucks up all the fun around it and then the fun is never seen again!! THE MADNESS!!!

JDOOM! - A Black Falcon - 29th November 2004

Hexen is a perfectly decent B-quality game and you know it. Not fantastic sure, but not all games can be... I didn't love it (the not-too-large amount of time I played it proves that -- I didn't even finish the first of five acts in the game), but I didn't hate it either.

JDOOM! - OB1 - 30th November 2004

You don't hate lots of horrible things.

:)

JDOOM! - A Black Falcon - 30th November 2004

I'm not going to give your opinion any credence if you aren't going to actually say anything involving details...

JDOOM! - Great Rumbler - 30th November 2004

I like things that are good.

So do I!

We should form a club for people who like good things!

I think I did that already.

... right, but we haven't done much with it lately.

BTW when I read this thread title it sounds someone is making an explosion sound. JDOOM!!!

DOOM!!

well J-DOOM...

Forget I ever tried to get you to use "facts" (even a single one)... it was a hopeless effort anyway, I know...

Facts are for fools!!

And old people!!

BTW what "facts" were you using, Brian? That you like the game? Great fact!

I didn't say I like it hugely, I said that it's okay... but anyway this isn't an arguement because I'm pretty sure you're only "aguing" because I said something. Have you even PLAYED Hexen 1?

Both the PC and N64 versions.

It was a fun-sucker! The bad kind!!

Then why play both versions? :)

I haven't played the N64 version... doubt I'm missing much though, most FPSes don't translate that well over to consoles.