Tendo City
Worldwide preorders for DS exceed 3 million. PS-What? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Worldwide preorders for DS exceed 3 million. PS-What? (/showthread.php?tid=2362)

Worldwide preorders for DS exceed 3 million. PS-What? - Great Rumbler - 14th November 2004

Quote:Perorders for the handheld console -released on 21st of November in the US, have exceeded expectations by over a million units.

Nintendo of Japan initially put a preorder target of 1 million units for their latest foray into the handheld market, however, preorders for the machine have now topped the two million mark -eye opening indeed.

As a result of this phenomenal demand, shares in Nintendo have now gone up by 4.1% (490 yen), making it a big gainer in the Asian market at the end of the week.

Bearing in mind that share prices will only typically rise following announcements of profits, this bodes well for the actual release of the console as investor confidence should now be on the rise.

Let's hope that the Christmas season is just as kind to the Japanese behemoth, prior to the launch of the console sometime early next year in Europe.

Check out Cube-Europes' dedicated Nintendo DS week leading to the launch of the handheld in the states! The fun starts on the 14th of November!

Cube-Europe

Quote:Nintendo DS launches on December 2nd over in Japan and pre-orders have gone sky high. According to a newspaper in Japan named Nikkei, over 2 million Nintendo DS preorders are being taken in at various retailers as we speak.

Nintendo announced fairly recently that they will only be shipping 1 million DS units in Japan by the end of the year 2004. Because of this, pre-orders could have to be stopped throughout retailers over the country, as the pre-orders have been almost twice as high as expected.

Cube-Europe

Quote:Nintendo have exceeded their own expectations because of the 3 million and growing Nintendo DS preorders. Because of this, Nintendo are now producing DS units at a third factory in China.

Nintendo may be pleased with the unpredictable amount of pre-orders there have been, but Nintendo's nightmare is that if not enough of DS consoles are produced for people to find in shops, they may decide to purchase a PSP instead.

Nintendo DS will be launching in American on November 21st and Japan on December 2nd.

Cube-Europe

I figured the DS would be popular because of the Nintendo brandname, but I didn't think it would be quite THIS popular and apparently neither did Nintendo.

Worldwide preorders for DS exceed 3 million. PS-What? - OB1 - 14th November 2004

Great news! I hope I can get one next sunday...

Worldwide preorders for DS exceed 3 million. PS-What? - Great Rumbler - 14th November 2004

As do I, although I think it's assured that I'll get one since I preordered.

Worldwide preorders for DS exceed 3 million. PS-What? - A Black Falcon - 14th November 2004

If they have enough on hand to meet all the preorders... yeah, they probably will, but it does seem to be doing very well in preorder, both here and in Japan.

Worldwide preorders for DS exceed 3 million. PS-What? - Dark Jaguar - 14th November 2004

Well yay. Good for them. Other generic vaguely apathetic compliment Nintendo.

But what's really important is this. I need to know what game I should first get with my DS. Their "launch window" is bogus, I want stuff that's out within a week of the system's release, at most.

So, until I figure it out myself, I'll ask you. What is the game you want most for the DS? If it's that weird dance thing with people from the iPod commericals, then go to the second most wanted title. That game just doesn't grab me...

My most wanted DS is game is Feel the...oh right, I guess Mario DS. It's an update of one my most loved videogames, of course I'm going to get it. Nothing else in the first week really impresses me to much though, aside from that one game that you don't want me to tell you about.

Worldwide preorders for DS exceed 3 million. PS-What? - A Black Falcon - 14th November 2004

Yeah, those two are the ones coming out at launch that look good.