Tendo City
Wow, it's almost like Nintendo actually wants the DS to succeed or something... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Wow, it's almost like Nintendo actually wants the DS to succeed or something... (/showthread.php?tid=2361)

Wow, it's almost like Nintendo actually wants the DS to succeed or something... - Dark Jaguar - 13th November 2004

I mean, I've been seeing a LOT of DS commercials lately. Nothing hilarious or anything, and I tend to hate on commercials, but it's not mentally offensive or anything and seems like it might actually WORK on their target demographicy people. No PSP commericals yet...

Wow, it's almost like Nintendo actually wants the DS to succeed or something... - A Black Falcon - 13th November 2004

Given how it's not coming out until next year, I'm not surprised about the PSP...

Wow, it's almost like Nintendo actually wants the DS to succeed or something... - Dark Jaguar - 13th November 2004

Well considering it's Sony, you know, I just thought they'd be doing stuff...

Wow, it's almost like Nintendo actually wants the DS to succeed or something... - OB1 - 14th November 2004

Wow, it's almost like Nintendo actually wants the DS to succeed or something... - Great Rumbler - 14th November 2004

I've seen a few DS commercials, but what really bothers me is that Wal-Mart has absolutely nothing in their store or holiday catalog about the DS and the same goes for Toys 'R Us's holiday buying guide. Yeah, Nintendo's going for an older demographic, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't try to get younger kids to buy it as well.

Wow, it's almost like Nintendo actually wants the DS to succeed or something... - Dark Jaguar - 14th November 2004

You haven't? That's odd, because I HAVE. Not sure WHAT store they were for, but I've seen enough kids saying "I totally want this" pointing to the DS to know Nintendo has put ads in those catalogs too.

Wow, it's almost like Nintendo actually wants the DS to succeed or something... - Great Rumbler - 14th November 2004

All I know is that around here there a very few signs of the DS, except at gaming-centric places like Gamestop.

Wow, it's almost like Nintendo actually wants the DS to succeed or something... - big guy - 15th November 2004

what's the DS?

Wow, it's almost like Nintendo actually wants the DS to succeed or something... - OB1 - 15th November 2004

Wow, it's almost like Nintendo actually wants the DS to succeed or something... - Great Rumbler - 15th November 2004

Erm

Wow, it's almost like Nintendo actually wants the DS to succeed or something... - Weltall - 15th November 2004

My area most definitely has it featured in our catalogs. We got our demo display in today, with Metroid.

Guess whose productivity is about to see a sharp decline? :D

Goodbye, old GBA. We had the same damn GBA display, a glacier, since before it launched. I feel like I'm a minor witness to history. I've stayed at Wal-Mart through three generations of GameBoy!

Which is not too surprising, seeing as there have been new GameBoy models released in three of the last four years. Ah, I remember when we actually had entire display cases for Dreamcast, PSOne and Nintendo 64. When we had display consoles for N64 and GBC (amazingly, with PS3 right around the corner we STILL have a PSOne display!)

A funny item of note I found today, we still have copies of Driving Emotion Type-S, Fantavision, and several other PS2 launch games that have been in our inventory since Day One, some with inserts faded by years and years of exposure to flourescent light. By my estimates, at the current rate of sale, we will finally sell out of Driving Emotion by the year 2016. What a shitty game.

Wow, it's almost like Nintendo actually wants the DS to succeed or something... - alien space marine - 16th November 2004

Ryan Wrote:My area most definitely has it featured in our catalogs. We got our demo display in today, with Metroid.

Guess whose productivity is about to see a sharp decline? :D

Goodbye, old GBA. We had the same damn GBA display, a glacier, since before it launched. I feel like I'm a minor witness to history. I've stayed at Wal-Mart through three generations of GameBoy!

Which is not too surprising, seeing as there have been new GameBoy models released in three of the last four years. Ah, I remember when we actually had entire display cases for Dreamcast, PSOne and Nintendo 64. When we had display consoles for N64 and GBC (amazingly, with PS3 right around the corner we STILL have a PSOne display!)

A funny item of note I found today, we still have copies of Driving Emotion Type-S, Fantavision, and several other PS2 launch games that have been in our inventory since Day One, some with inserts faded by years and years of exposure to flourescent light. By my estimates, at the current rate of sale, we will finally sell out of Driving Emotion by the year 2016. What a shitty game.

With GT3 back then who gave a shit , Plus that game didnt get all the best reviews, Sqaure was a newbie in this department.

What I suggest doing is offering those games for free with the purchase of a new title.Thats how EB gets rid of its garbage , I get 3 games for free getting a xbox two bundle games and one game they just handed to me because it was shit , I imediately sold it and got another game instead.

Wow, it's almost like Nintendo actually wants the DS to succeed or something... - Dark Jaguar - 16th November 2004

What does the light being flourescent have to do with anything? Light is light, the source can only affect one thing, the wavelength, and if it looks red blue and green, then it IS red blue and green.

Wow, it's almost like Nintendo actually wants the DS to succeed or something... - OB1 - 16th November 2004

Erm

Wow, it's almost like Nintendo actually wants the DS to succeed or something... - Weltall - 16th November 2004

Dark Jaguar Wrote:What does the light being flourescent have to do with anything? Light is light, the source can only affect one thing, the wavelength, and if it looks red blue and green, then it IS red blue and green.

I only mention it being flourescent because the lights inside the display case were flourescent. It seems to fade things with enough constant exposure. Our thermal labels eventually yellow with age, but labels closest to the light age much faster.

Wow, it's almost like Nintendo actually wants the DS to succeed or something... - Dark Jaguar - 16th November 2004

I see, though I suppose that would happen with any light source. Well, actually it might turn black when held close to candle light...