Tendo City
i'm fricken out of it - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: i'm fricken out of it (/showthread.php?tid=2359)

Pages: 1 2

i'm fricken out of it - nickdaddyg - 13th November 2004

damn a lil too much hard A. hahahaha, i love Arizona state, yo~
say are any of you college folk registered with thefacebook.com? it has quite a colleges, and ya can find anyone in any of the participatinf colleges. i odunf the partyt i was just at.

hahah, vodka & cpt. morgan. i', like semi drunk now. i'm going to bed. oh and this one guy had cocaine. damn, 1st time id ever seen that stuff ever;' i told him it was bad thogh, and that he should stop, same with the bastard weed smokwers. damn MJ, it's stupid. all the architecture bastards do it. damn those architecture basteads. ha, i;m one now.

chanign to pre-business next emsester tthough. awesome-possum G!2

se ya, oeace yo!

i'm fricken out of it - EdenMaster - 13th November 2004

So you're drunk. Feel like an adult now?

Drunk

i'm fricken out of it - nickdaddyg - 13th November 2004

i dont consider myself or any 18 year old an adult

i'm fricken out of it - OB1 - 13th November 2004

I bet you would.

i'm fricken out of it - Fittisize - 13th November 2004

I got drunk last night. Yay.

Anybody who has a driver's license I consider an adult. Or at least, mature enough to drink.

i'm fricken out of it - Private Hudson - 13th November 2004

I genuinly think that you should try cocaine, Nick.

Really, do it.

i'm fricken out of it - Fittisize - 13th November 2004

A lot of it. At once.

i'm fricken out of it - Weltall - 13th November 2004

In your eyes.

I disagree with the driver's license comment though. I know a lot of people who have them but are nowhere near mature enough to drive OR drink with any measure of responsibility.

i'm fricken out of it - A Black Falcon - 13th November 2004

Yeah Fittisize, you're sure one to talk based on what you've said before... Rolleyes

And of course everyone won't fit into a set age for everything, but it'd be too hard if it was "based on you" so people just do the best they can with setting an age that works overall on average. And I'd say that the current ones are about as good as could be expected.

i'm fricken out of it - Weltall - 14th November 2004

I don't. I think it should seriously be more difficult to get a DL.

i'm fricken out of it - OB1 - 14th November 2004

I completely agree with you. It should be more difficult, though not more expensive like it is in Europe. It costs around $1,000 to get a driver's license in Croatia and even more in Holland. That's because driver's ed is mandatory, which is good but way too much.

i'm fricken out of it - Great Rumbler - 14th November 2004

GR: Is it wrong for me to feel slightly dirty about being in the same political category as nick?

OB1: No.

Nick: Wooo!! Partay!!! *is still drunk*

Fittisize: *makes some comment about using drugs or tearing down the establishment*

OB1: ...

GR: ...

lazyfatbum: *makes an obscene joke about school janitors and crumpets*

Everyone else: Erm

i'm fricken out of it - A Black Falcon - 14th November 2004

Sounds about right.

That's us all right.

i'm fricken out of it - Sacred Jellybean - 14th November 2004

Quote:same with the bastard weed smokwers. damn MJ, it's stupid.

I know I'll be kicking myself later for instigating a futile debate with you, but illegality aside, what makes smoking marijuana any more stupid than drinking alcohol? You seem pretty stupid to me, with jo bad drunk self.

I'd put getting drunk and smoking weed as quite definitely bad and stupid things to do that are, imo, only worse than smoking cigarettes because they affect your mind more... but really overall all three are awful.

I'll never understand what's so great about getting drunk. "Woo! Let's get drunk and kill all our brain cells so that we can grow up to get low-paying jobs because we flunked college because we partied instead of doing our homework! And after we get drunk we'll do a whole bunch of things we'll probably regret in the morning when we have a skull-splitting hangover!" I think I'll pass on that.

"Yay, wasn't last night so cool!"

"Can you remember anything?"

"Nope!"

"Good, neither can I! Wow was that awesome!"

... Erm

"Dude, you were friggen out of it last night!"

"I know!"

"You peed all over that guys car!"

"Seriously? Hahaha!"

"Then you passed out and I had to get help to get you in the car!"

"Man, I was wasted last night!"

"I know!"

And yes, that's an actual conversation I overheard at school not too long ago.

Mine was pretty close to stuff I've heard as well.

And besides, beer costs lots of money. I barely have enough cash to by the stuff I REALLY want like DVDs and videogames or the stuff I need like food and gas, I don't have money to waste on stupid stuff like beer and cigarettes, notwithstanding the fact that I wouldn't buy that junk if I had the money.

A job? I don't know, it's a good question...

i'm fricken out of it - Private Hudson - 14th November 2004

Quote:I'll never understand what's so great about getting drunk.

That's because, and I'll go out on a limb here, you've never been drunk?

Quote:I'd put getting drunk and smoking weed as quite definitely bad and stupid things to do that are, imo, only worse than smoking cigarettes because they affect your mind more... but really overall all three are awful.

I would put cigarettes as much, much worse than the former you mentioned. Purely because of the fact that they are far more addicting, and there really is no pleasure derived from smoking.. other than to quash your craving (assuming you're already addicted).

Alcohol and ganja on the other hand can offer a slight sense of euphoria and diminish inhibitions.

Now, obviously if someone were to get "wasted" on either one of them, they're not all that pleasurable. Although, there can be some fun derived of not having full control of your faculties or hell, any control. A fun that can't really be described and as such would be impossible for someone who has never experienced, nor wants to experience it. It's almost like.. an outer body experience. You're just taken along for the ride as your disgusting, vomiting, smelly subconcious takes over. However, I would not recommend it. At least not on a regular basis, as it's far too dangerous and the cons do outweigh the pros by quite a margain.

I am not wholly opposed to drinking and smoking pot (although I rarely drink and don't smoke it) as long as it's only used in moderation. And not at dangerous levels.

No, I've never drank alchohol or smoked cigarettes or done any drugs and I won't be starting with any of those anytime soon. Well, unless you count the painkillers (strong stuff) I was on for a week after I had my wisdom teeth this summer... not the same, but the closest thing I can think of.

For alchohol, perhaps (moderation is okay), which is why I used "getting drunk"; the term means more than just moderation... but for drugs or cigarettes, any is too much. You only need to read so many articles about the immediate and irrevocable harms of smoking to know that any is too much... as for drugs, I'm just opposed. Unless they are on a perscription from your doctor and you got them at the pharmacy. (as for over-the-counter drugs, only if they're taken the way they are supposed to... but I personally don't really like taking them either if I can help it)

Quote:That's because, and I'll go out on a limb here, you've never been drunk?

I never felt the need to do so.

Quote:Alcohol and ganja on the other hand can offer a slight sense of euphoria and diminish inhibitions.

Obviously I can undestand that part of it, but I was aiming more at "flat-out plastered" than "just a beer or two".

Quote:but for drugs or cigarettes, any is too much. You only need to read so many articles about the immediate and irrevocable harms of smoking to know that any is too much... as for drugs, I'm just opposed. Unless they are on a perscription from your doctor and you got them at the pharmacy. (as for over-the-counter drugs, only if they're taken the way they are supposed to... but I personally don't really like taking them either if I can help it)

I can't believe I'm agreeing with ABF on a moral issue! First time for everything I guess. :)

That's the only way I would ever support the legalization of marijuana: as a drug (painkiller or whatever) for some (probably incurable, since other ones would have better options) diseases perscribed by a doctor and gotten at the pharmacy (that is to say, without any ties to the numerous terrorist/warlord/etc groups that control the illicit drug trade). Anything short of that I am completely opposed to.

Quote:Obviously I can undestand that part of it, but I was aiming more at "flat-out plastered" than "just a beer or two".

They wouldn't be doing it if it didn't change how they feel in some way though...

Quote:I never felt the need to do so.

It just seems so unbelievably stupid...

i'm fricken out of it - OB1 - 15th November 2004

A Black Falcon Wrote:A job? I don't know, it's a good question...

Have you ever had a job before?

i'm fricken out of it - A Black Falcon - 15th November 2004

Sure, you'd have the money to waste some on being a moron... but why? There are so many better uses for your money...

i'm fricken out of it - OB1 - 15th November 2004

.... Erm

Was that a response to my post? Because I don't see any other posts from the last 13 hours.

Given the topic of the thread, talk of a job would be in reference to people getting a job so they could have the money to buy more beer or something...

i'm fricken out of it - Sacred Jellybean - 15th November 2004

I agree with Private Hudson on most of his points.

In my opinion, it's hypocritical to lump marijuana in a category with more dangerous and addictive drugs, such as cocaine and heroin. It should be treated just the same as alcohol - legal, but regulated and with obvious restrictions. At the very least, I think it needs to be decriminalized. That still wouldn't be quite fair to people who prefer herb to booze, but at least it wouldn't be outright insanity, like criminalization.

As for other, harder drugs, although I would never touch them myself, I'd still be open to decriminalization. Jailing and prosecuting people for a victimless crime is an enormous waste of money and time. The "War on Drugs" has been going on for decades, wasted billions of the taxpayer's money, and <b>hasn't gotten us anywhere</b>. Not to mention jails are crowded with million of non-violent drug offenders (America has the #1 incarceration rate in the entire world). It's simply an inefficient and wasteful policy, in dire need of reform.

Not to mention the fact that making drugs illegal just creates one more black market for gangs and, dare I say it - <i>terrorists</i> - to easily exploit.

Quote:It just seems so unbelievably stupid...

*shrug* Some people feel the way about video games - that they're an utter waste of time and money. My own mother's a prime example. :)

i'm fricken out of it - Undertow - 15th November 2004

Sacred Jellybean Wrote:The "War on Drugs" has been going on for decades, wasted billions of the taxpayer's money, and <b>hasn't gotten us anywhere</b>.

I always assumed that people supporting the war on drugs wern't dumb enough to believe that they could totally eradicate them. Roofles.

Yeah, legalize drugs and some crime may go down but drug use would steadily go up. I for one don't think society should support such things, so I am most definitely opposed. I know it's not the normal "liberal" thing, but it's what I think. :)

And there's no hipocracy in lumping together different kinds of illegal drugs... sure they are different strengths and have different effects, but they are all drugs with no useful purpose in the way they are used. So they should not be used that way so they should be illegal. As I have said before, I think that cigarettes should be illegal too and that alchohol... I guess it could stay legal, but within limits and we need to do a better job of limiting the bad effects of drunkenness.

Not only have drugs not been completely erradicated, but drug rates have <i>increased</i>.

From http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/publications/factsht/druguse/ :

Here's the rate of illicit drug use among people surveyed:
1979 - 31.3%
1985 - 34.4%
1988 - 34.0%
1990 - 34.2%
1993 - 34.2%
1996 - 34.8%
1998 - 35.8%
1999 - 39.7%
2000 - 38.9%
2001 - 41.7%

Sound like sensible policy to you?

Quote:As I have said before, I think that cigarettes should be illegal too and that alchohol... I guess it could stay legal, but within limits and we need to do a better job of limiting the bad effects of drunkenness.

My point is that marijuana is no more harmful than alcohol, and it's therefore pointless it keep it illegal. What makes you think it's so much worse? D.A.R.E? Perhaps other groups that sensationalize it's adverse effects, implying that by doing so much as taking a puff will make a person instantly hooked and become a lazy, apathetic loser? Not everything you hear about marijuana is true. Don't get me wrong - much like alcohol, it isn't harmless and certainly has the potential to be abused. However, much of the dangers of marijuana you hear from government programs and some of the media are greatly exaggerated.

The gateway drug theory, for instance, is complete bullshit. Many prohibition advocates reason that many hard-drug users "started" with marijuana. On the other hand, if you look at statistics, you'll find that a vast majority of people who have tried marijuana do not move onto harder drugs. I'll find figures, if you want them.

i'm fricken out of it - alien space marine - 16th November 2004

In canada they are not as hard on pot, They will bust kids for selling in school. A hole band lit up and toked on parliament hill and nobody cared.

They also are allowing hemp farming , Also we are concidering to decriminalize it.
Make it a minor thing in small amounts like J walking no more then 5 grams you get a fine but no jail.

In my mind do it at home as long as it is away from kids , Dont drive after you just toked and wait for the effects to ware off.If you get pulled over your in big shit and if you get in a accident it makes pot look bad.

i'm fricken out of it - Undertow - 16th November 2004

i'm fricken out of it - Private Hudson - 16th November 2004

Alcohol isn't as dangerous as cigarettes.. unless you get behind the wheel.

Cigarettes are far more addictive, and harmful to your body. You're literally killing yourself each time you take a puff. I've read before that you lose 10 minutes of your life each cigarette. Not sure how they came to that figure, but it's thought provoking. ;)

Wheras a glass of wine a day is good for you. Go figure.

i'm fricken out of it - OB1 - 16th November 2004

A Black Falcon Wrote:Given the topic of the thread, talk of a job would be in reference to people getting a job so they could have the money to buy more beer or something...

Erm

What the hell are you talking about?

i'm fricken out of it - A Black Falcon - 16th November 2004

Look at what is being discussed in this thread, OB1. It's pretty simple. Consistent topic. So when you say that it is clearly going to be in reference to the topic at hand, right?

Quote:Alcohol isn't as dangerous as cigarettes.. unless you get behind the wheel.

Cigarettes are far more addictive, and harmful to your body. You're literally killing yourself each time you take a puff. I've read before that you lose 10 minutes of your life each cigarette. Not sure how they came to that figure, but it's thought provoking.

Wheras a glass of wine a day is good for you. Go figure.

Right. Alchohol is definitely bad when abused, but in moderation it is not. While cigarettes are bad in any quantity.

As for how successful banning cigarettes would be, yeah, it wouldn't be very successful. Think of that more as an ideal than as something that is actually viable...

Oh yeah, and hemp farming is totally different. Normal hemp has almost no quantity of drug in it, so greatly restricting that is somewhat silly... I don't think you can get very high off hemp. :)

Quote:The gateway drug theory, for instance, is complete bullshit. Many prohibition advocates reason that many hard-drug users "started" with marijuana. On the other hand, if you look at statistics, you'll find that a vast majority of people who have tried marijuana do not move onto harder drugs. I'll find figures, if you want them.

But still, I'd bet that most people who did move on to harder drugs started with soft stuff like marijuana. Would legalizing it cut that back? I really don't know. Maybe (if you arugement is that it would reduce their contact with criminals and thus reduce amount of hard drugs available), or maybe not (if the arguement is that trying some drugs will make people want to try harder stuff).

Quote:Sound like sensible policy to you?

We have to try, so yes.

Quote:My point is that marijuana is no more harmful than alcohol, and it's therefore pointless it keep it illegal. What makes you think it's so much worse? D.A.R.E? Perhaps other groups that sensationalize it's adverse effects, implying that by doing so much as taking a puff will make a person instantly hooked and become a lazy, apathetic loser? Not everything you hear about marijuana is true. Don't get me wrong - much like alcohol, it isn't harmless and certainly has the potential to be abused. However, much of the dangers of marijuana you hear from government programs and some of the media are greatly exaggerated.

Marijuana is just about as bad as cigarettes. Re: my opinion on the legality of cigarettes.

Quote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at what is being discussed in this thread, OB1. It's pretty simple. Consistent topic. So when you say that it is clearly going to be in reference to the topic at hand, right?

You said "A job? I don't know, it's a good question...", so I asked if you've ever had a job before. How having a job means that you're automatically a drunk or a drug addict is completely baffling to me. Your train of thought it friggin' weird.

Read threads before you respond to them, OB1. You clearly didn't read this one.

That was a reply to this post of GR's.

Quote:And besides, beer costs lots of money. I barely have enough cash to by the stuff I REALLY want like DVDs and videogames or the stuff I need like food and gas, I don't have money to waste on stupid stuff like beer and cigarettes, notwithstanding the fact that I wouldn't buy that junk if I had the money.

I know, I just wanted to know if you've ever had a job before. You're my age, right?

i'm fricken out of it - Sacred Jellybean - 16th November 2004

Quote:Marijuana is just about as bad as cigarettes. Re: my opinion on the legality of cigarettes.

There's a fairly new way of administering marijuana/tobacco called <a HREF="http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizers.html">vaporization</a>:

Quote:Vaporization is a technique for avoiding irritating respiratory toxins in marijuana smoke by heating cannabis to a temperature where the psychoactive ingredients evaporate without causing combustion.

Laboratory studies by California NORML and MAPS have found that vaporizers can efficiently deliver cannabinoids while eliminating or drastically reducing other smoke toxins.

Like tobacco, marijuana smoke contains toxins that are known to be hazardous to the respiratory system. Among them are the highly carcinogenic polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons, a prime suspect in cigarette-related cancers. These toxins are essentially a byproduct of combustion, separate from the pharmaceutically active components of marijuana, known as cannabinoids, which include THC. Although there is no proof that marijuana smoking causes cancer, chronic pot smokers have been shown to suffer an elevated risk of bronchitis and respiratory infections. Respiratory disease due to smoking may therefore rightly be regarded as the primary physiological hazard of marijuana.

Basically, with vaporizers, a flame never comes into contact with the cannabis/tobacco. Think of a test tube with one of the two inside, and a flame underneath, heating the substance into a clear-to-whitish vapor. With the hazardous smoke factor out of the equation, what's your opinion?

i'm fricken out of it - Undertow - 16th November 2004

Private Hudson Wrote:You're literally killing yourself each time you take a puff.

And each time you drink, you're killing your liver. Alcohol helps you become overwight if you don't have good eating/ excercising habits- which most Americans don't. I'm not defending cigarettes, mind you.

Intresting... I don't know, never heard of it. A better way for people who take it for medical purposes to take it while doing less harm to themselves (maybe, i dont know) and others?

i'm fricken out of it - alien space marine - 16th November 2004

Undertow Wrote:And each time you drink, you're killing your liver. Alcohol helps you become overwight if you don't have good eating/ excercising habits- which most Americans don't. I'm not defending cigarettes, mind you.

The Liver is there to clean toxins out of your body unless you have liver problems It can handel a beer or two without any harm, Afterall Beer is diluted achohol you will need to drink till you fall on your face before your liver starts shrinking.It had taken my grandfather 30 years before his blew!

ciggarettes are filthy shit! I cannot understand what people get out of it?

i'm fricken out of it - Private Hudson - 17th November 2004

Coca Cola is just as, if not more damaging to your liver than beer.

i'm fricken out of it - EdenMaster - 17th November 2004

I find that hard to believe, Hudson. If such a thing were true, they'd probably control Coke just as much as they do now with alcohol, or have health warnings or something.

i'm fricken out of it - Great Rumbler - 17th November 2004

Maybe if you drank like 6 or 7 cokes a day for 30 years, it might, but most people don't do that.