Tendo City
Anyone planning on seeing The Incredibles this weekend? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Anyone planning on seeing The Incredibles this weekend? (/showthread.php?tid=2330)

Anyone planning on seeing The Incredibles this weekend? - OB1 - 3rd November 2004

I've never been a big Pixar fan. I didn't care for the first two Toy Stories or Monsters Inc., and I never bothered to see Finding Nemo. However, I absolutely loved Brad Bird's The Iron Giant, and I just found out that he directed The Incredibles (I can't believe I didn't know this before... but I never followed news on it) so I definitely want to go see it with my nephew this weekend. And Sam Jackson is in it... come on now. I have to see the movie. :)

Oh and seeing the Revenge of the Sith trailer on the big screen is just icing on the cake.

Anyone planning on seeing The Incredibles this weekend? - Great Rumbler - 3rd November 2004

I've liked most of Pixar's movies, though I didn't see Finding Nemo. I'm definitely seeing the Incredibles, especially since it has an Episode 3 trailer.

Anyone planning on seeing The Incredibles this weekend? - Sacred Jellybean - 3rd November 2004

The incredibles looks like a fairly funny movie. I'd be interested in seeing it... but not for eight-fitty! Christ. Stupid United Artists.

I saw and liked Toy Story, saw and liked A Bug's Life, thought Monsters Inc was okay, and saw and marginally enjoyed Finding Nemo. I think the people behind Pixar are talented, so I have high hopes for The Incredibles.

Anyone planning on seeing The Incredibles this weekend? - OB1 - 3rd November 2004

And this time Brad Bird is directing. Did you not see The Iron Giant? The best American animated movie since the early days of Disney!

Oh and...

*laughs at beanjo for having to pay so much for movie tickets... only has to pay $6 thanks to student discounts. Boo yeah!*

Anyone planning on seeing The Incredibles this weekend? - A Black Falcon - 3rd November 2004

I've seen all of the five Pixar animated films, but two in theaters and three on video... I doubt that I'll see this in theaters. The SW trailer will end up on the Web anyway... :D

As for The Iron Giant, I only have seen a little bit of it. But I've certainly heard that it's great.

Anyone planning on seeing The Incredibles this weekend? - EdenMaster - 4th November 2004

I liked Toy Story 1, although the second was pretty cheesy. Finding Nemo was funny, and Shark Tale was okay (Jack Black rules), so I consider Pixar as having a pretty good track record for me. I know a few people at work who are DYING to see the movie, ones over twice as old as me. It does look funny though. At the very least, I'll see it on DVD, although my girlfriend will probably drag me to a theater to see it soon...she's good at that.

Anyone planning on seeing The Incredibles this weekend? - A Black Falcon - 5th November 2004

Yeah, Toy Story 1 was good but 2 was just okay. Monsters, Inc. and Finding Nemo were also good but not great movies... but if this is from the guy who made The Iron Giant I'd expect better things than those films...

Anyone planning on seeing The Incredibles this weekend? - OB1 - 5th November 2004

Yeah. I've heard that The Incredibles is even better than The Iron Giant.

Anyone planning on seeing The Incredibles this weekend? - OB1 - 8th November 2004

I saw it, and it was awesome. I went with my nephew who couldn't stop jumping in his seat, and it was really great. SOOOOO much better than any other Pixar movie. I'm so glad they got Brad Bird to write and direct it.

Anyone planning on seeing The Incredibles this weekend? - Great Rumbler - 8th November 2004

Yeah, I saw Incredibles too. VERY awesome movie, even though I had to watch it while surrounded by a bunch of little kids that laughed at all the wrong times.

Anyone planning on seeing The Incredibles this weekend? - OB1 - 8th November 2004

Yeah, that's why I'm gonna see it again at night.

Anyone planning on seeing The Incredibles this weekend? - Great Rumbler - 8th November 2004

I watched it at night...well it was dark outside anyway. Shouldn't those kids be in bed by 7?!

They better be!

They weren't!

Anyone planning on seeing The Incredibles this weekend? - Darunia - 8th November 2004

I hated Finding Nemo (whats all the fuss about it...? it was just a lame kiddy movie... to me anyway), and Incredibles seems all right, but not worth the cost of a ticket stub. Not if I'm paying for it anyway.

Anyone planning on seeing The Incredibles this weekend? - Great Rumbler - 9th November 2004

Anyone who's a fan of super-hero movies will love The Incredibles, though it isn't necessary to enjoy it.