Tendo City
ROTS trailer thread - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: ROTS trailer thread (/showthread.php?tid=2327)

ROTS trailer thread - OB1 - 2nd November 2004

The first Revenge of the Sith trailer is going to be released this thursday if you have a Hyperspace account, and will be shown before The Incredibles on friday. But you guys will probably be able to find a way to see it on thursday even if you don't have a HS account. :D

So when you see it (which I've heard is super-friggin'-awesome), come talk about it here!

And no DJs allowed, please. :D

ROTS trailer thread - Great Rumbler - 2nd November 2004

*changes plans on Friday to include watching the Incredibles*

Oh man, I cannot wait until next summer.

I know!! RotS and the first good live-action Batman movie.... man, 2005 is going to kick so much booty.

ROTS trailer thread - A Black Falcon - 2nd November 2004

... Batman movie good? Since when?

Um, since the future... next summer. Batman Begins is going to be the first good, faithful live-action adaptation of Batman ever. I'm looking forward to it almost as much as RotS!

Eh, whatever. I didn't see any of the bad Batman films (other than a few minuites here and there on TV), and generally don't see superhero movies, so I'm not too interested in this one either...

RotS though I am obviously very excited for.

... aren't you not supposed to capitalize the little works in names? Like, it's Revenge of the Sith, not Revenge Of The Sith... similarly it should be KotOR, not KOTOR. :)

Quote:Eh, whatever. I didn't see any of the bad Batman films (other than a few minuites here and there on TV), and generally don't see superhero movies, so I'm not too interested in this one either...

You've never seen a Batman movies before? Because all of the live-action ones were bad. Yes, even the Burton ones.

Quote:... aren't you not supposed to capitalize the little works in names? Like, it's Revenge of the Sith, not Revenge Of The Sith... similarly it should be KotOR, not KOTOR.

You're a dork.

It was just annoying how you always capitalized all the letters in KotOR... :)

Quote:You've never seen a Batman movies before? Because all of the live-action ones were bad. Yes, even the Burton ones.

As I've said before, I'm not really into superhero stuff... I did see the first X-Men movie, but not the second, and the two Spiderman movies, but those were because my dad wanted to go and asked if I wanted to come, not because I had any interest in going to see the films (which, in my opinion, were okay I guess but never something I'd want to see again and I can think of many ways I could have better spent the couple of hours I spent watching them)...

Quote:As I've said before, I'm not really into superhero stuff... I did see the first X-Men movie, but not the second, and the two Spiderman movies, but those were because my dad wanted to go and asked if I wanted to come, not because I had any interest in going to see the films (which, in my opinion, were okay I guess but never something I'd want to see again and I can think of many ways I could have better spent the couple of hours I spent watching them)...

Ok...

Quote:It was just annoying how you always capitalized all the letters in KotOR...

All non-super-dorks who have better things to do than worry about acronym capitalization spell it like that. KOTOR!!

KotOR!!

YAAL*!!!!

*You are a LOSER

ROTS trailer thread - Great Rumbler - 2nd November 2004

Personally, I liked the Tim Burton Batman movies. They were much better than the other ones, which were terrible, but not as good as the animated series from the '90s. Anyway, I'm looking forward to Batman Begins, it should be pretty good.

The thing with the Tim Burton movies is that while they were fine movies in their own right, they were terrible Batman movies. Burton should have just made an original superhero because he certainly didn't give a damn about making them even somewhat close to the source material. It would be like calling Star Trek III The Hobbit. Certainly Trek III is good in its own right, but it would suck ass if it were supposed to be The Hobbit.

And Begins isn't going to be pretty good, it's going to fucking blow you away. I've read the script and it's the best comic script ever, by several thousand miles. It's so good that if it were a comic it'd be up there with some of the best comics. That's how good it is.

ROTS trailer thread - OB1 - 3rd November 2004

Here are two pics from the trailer, one of an extremely evil-looking Sidious (I don't want to spoil anything but let me just tell you that he's the reason Ep 3 might get a PG-13 rating, and you won't believe how evil he is in the movie), and of course Anakin:

[Image: ah-teaser_promo01.jpg]

[Image: ah-teaser_promo02.jpg]

Here's a link to the preview of the trailer: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/trailernews/ep3.mov

Holy shit I can't wait until tomorrow!!!

Kids, you will be seeing this:

[Image: yoda_done.jpg]

versus this:

[Image: rots4.jpg]

I guess it's not a spoiler anymore since it's in the trailer. :D

ROTS trailer thread - Fittisize - 3rd November 2004

Great, you just spoiled the trailer. Thanks a lot.

Hahaha...

ROTS trailer thread - Great Rumbler - 4th November 2004

Trailers now have previews?! *dies*

ROTS trailer thread - OB1 - 4th November 2004

Well it was a preview on Access Hollywood about the... the preview.

It's up!!! QUICK GO TO STARWARS.COM!!!!!

*hyperventilates*

HOLY SHIT what an awesome trailer!

Screen caps!!!

!! [Image: PalpatineLyrical3.gif]

BTW if you can't access the trailer from the official site, try this link: http://notendur.centrum.is/~arnari/epi3.mov

ROTS trailer thread - A Black Falcon - 4th November 2004

Trailers... they seem harmless, but then you watch the film and see how much they spoil...

HOLY SHIZNITE!!! *waits for screencaps to download before downloading the trailer because with 56k you can only get one or the other*

Quote:Trailers... they seem harmless, but then you watch the film and see how much they spoil...

They show half-second clips that are out of context, so if you stay away from spoilers you won't get spoiled just by watching the trailers. I, however, know where each little shot was from, so it was cool to see. :D

Quote:HOLY SHIZNITE!!! *waits for screencaps to download before downloading the trailer because with 56k you can only get one or the other*

Yeah that's gotta suck...

*downloading of the trailer finally finishes* *watches trailer*

*has a heart attack*

Quote:They show half-second clips that are out of context, so if you stay away from spoilers you won't get spoiled just by watching the trailers. I, however, know where each little shot was from, so it was cool to see.

I know when I was watching AotC I noticed a lot of little pieces from the trailers. Didn't totally ruin the movie, but it might have hurt a little... I'll try to avoid the trailers, but doubt that I'll fully succeed. I won't download that one or look too much at the screencaps though. I actually think that it's a GOOD thing to be surprised by what you see in the theater...

Yeah, but I love SW too much. I could never hold back.

I want to see Episode 3 NOW!!

For Ep.2 I watched the trailers and knew a few spoilers, but not that many... this time I'm trying to resist the temptation to do that much. It really is more fun once you watch the movie, imo.

You're probably right. But it's not worth it enough for me. I have to live Star Wars every day. :D

Well with your username, you don't have to do ANYTHING to do that...

*nudges OB1* *points at ABF* *talks REALLY loudly* Hey, OB1, you know that trailer you posted? That trailer was like the most awesome thing I've ever seen! Anyone who hasn't seen it yet is the biggest loser in the whole world I'm going to watch it again because it's so awesome!!

Have you even downloaded it? :)

Yes, Brian. I downloaded it and watched it [several times] over SIX HOURS ago.

I know, it's so much better than the Episode II "breathing" trailer!

ROTS trailer thread - OB1 - 9th November 2004

And here's an awesome shot of Grevious and his henchmen:

[Image: movie_bg.jpg]

ROTS trailer thread - Great Rumbler - 9th November 2004

Cool.

ROTS trailer thread - OB1 - 9th November 2004

Yeah. Notice the lightsabers on his belt. :) And those things the henchmen are carrying are anti-lightsaber staffs.

ROTS trailer thread - Darunia - 9th November 2004

I want to see Jar Jar in a huge lightsaber battle with Grevious.

ROTS trailer thread - Great Rumbler - 9th November 2004

And then Jar Jar gets his head cut off!!

ROTS trailer thread - OB1 - 10th November 2004

Quote:Ewan McGregor Has His First SW Dream
Tue, Nov 09, 04 10:47:35 PM EST

There was another Star Wars reference during Ewan McGregor's motorbike documentary 'Long Way Round'.
Colin sends in this info about Episode 4 of the series:

Whilst tripping through Mongolia, and things are getting rough for them, Ewan wakes up and speaks to the camera. I can't remember the exact quote but it ran something like this.
"I had my first Star Wars dream last night, but I was naked, as Obi-Wan!"

I don't even want to know what that's about. You can check out the Star Wars reference in Episode 2 of the series here. Thanks also to Nick and the Whill for the alerts.

ROTS trailer thread - Great Rumbler - 10th November 2004

Neat!

ROTS trailer thread - OB1 - 10th November 2004

Hahaha.