Tendo City
Oh crap. - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Oh crap. (/showthread.php?tid=2304)

Oh crap. - OB1 - 22nd October 2004

They've blocked out all games sites at my work. Now what am I going to do?? Does anyone know a backdoor way to the gaming-age forums or something?

Oh crap. - A Black Falcon - 22nd October 2004

You're here though...

The firewall doesn't see this as a games site. Spong as well, but what use is that?

Oh crap. - A Black Falcon - 22nd October 2004

None at all... that stinks.

Someone out there must have come up with a safe, easy way to bypass this sort of thing.

Oh crap. - EdenMaster - 22nd October 2004

How about doing work?

:graphics:

Where did this come from, and who are these guys?

Oh crap. - Great Rumbler - 22nd October 2004

I have no idea who those guys are.

Oh crap. - Geno - 22nd October 2004

That image is from Homestar Runner. It was from the preview for a game called Peasant's Quest.

My old school used to have game sites blocked too. They also did a lot of pointless site blocking. (You weren't allowed to search on Google for terms such as president, democrat, and republican... aren't political words somewhat school-related?)

Oh crap. - geoboy - 22nd October 2004

Actually, the guy in the pink shirt is the head of Videlectrix, which is a "company" that programs the games for H*R. Come to think of it, I think he's the only member of the Videlectrix company. Heh. Well anyway, they not only create games for the H*R site but also make a good deal of original games unrelated to H*R for themselves as well.

Check out their site: http://www.videlectrix.com/videlectrix_catalog.html

Oh crap. - Dark Jaguar - 22nd October 2004

Attention, Planet Citizens! Planet Alert! A stray planet is on a collision course with your stray planet!

Oh crap. - alien space marine - 23rd October 2004

Geno Wrote:That image is from Homestar Runner. It was from the preview for a game called Peasant's Quest.

My old school used to have game sites blocked too. They also did a lot of pointless site blocking. (You weren't allowed to search on Google for terms such as president, democrat, and republican... aren't political words somewhat school-related?)

I remeber there was a politician who fought to have censorship of internet activities at the schools and libaries , But he waisnt happy when he realized they had blocked his own campaign site!

Oh crap. - Geno - 23rd October 2004

Well, it became very difficult to do school reports with the computer when we weren't allowed to go to political and financial websites. :hmm:

Oh crap. - alien space marine - 23rd October 2004

If I were you I would have ask the teacher and maybe even get the rest of the class together and complain. Thats either a error ,some good reason or not so good reason.

Oh crap. - OB1 - 26th October 2004

EdenMaster Wrote:How about doing work?

:graphics:

Where did this come from, and who are these guys?

Hey I do a crapload of work, but like anyone who works on a computer all day I browse a few sites every now and then.

And thanks for not coming up with a solution guys! I'll remember who to come to the next time I need non-help with anything!

Oh crap. - A Black Falcon - 26th October 2004

Uhh... search around and see if any gaming websites escaped it? Like smaller ones or something?

gamesarefun... but I really want access to the gaming-age forums, where most of the newest news and stuff is posted. :(

Oh crap. - Great Rumbler - 26th October 2004

Sorry, I don't know much about getting around blocked sites.

*shakes fist at Johnny*

Oh crap. - Great Rumbler - 26th October 2004

*shakes foot at Daniel*

*shakes.... has to get back to GTA*

Oh crap. - Great Rumbler - 27th October 2004

*has to get back to Morrowind*

Oh crap. - A Black Falcon - 27th October 2004

*has to get back to Baldur's Gate*

... yeah, I finally got a copy of disc 2 so I'm replaying it...