Tendo City
Rockstar, Sony, and Wal*Mart Sued - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Den of the Philociraptor (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Rockstar, Sony, and Wal*Mart Sued (/showthread.php?tid=2286)

Pages: 1 2

Rockstar, Sony, and Wal*Mart Sued - Great Rumbler - 19th October 2004

certainly

does

Rockstar, Sony, and Wal*Mart Sued - A Black Falcon - 19th October 2004

Quote:Stealth and KirbyMorph...or were they the same person? It's been so long I've forgotten.

Some time ago Weltall banned someone who was actually Lazy so Lazy was banned for a while too, remember?

KirbyMorph... don't remember that one but with that name would that be Morpheus? ... or was that someone on a diffrerent forum...

Quote:Well it's not like we have no moderation. Hell, most of the regulars here are Choujins or Sennins, it's just that none of us really give a crap what goes on in our forums. Hell, I'm the moderator of the Debate Forum here, and also an administrator, and I can't remember the last time I used my powers.

We have moderaTORS. We don't have moderaTION. As in, we have moderators, but they do not use their powers (except for occasionally posting in the rare threads that get locked)...

Yeah, I like TC... okay, sometimes I wish it was a bit more orderly (though I agree that having too many rules and being too heavy-handed is bad, if you have a large population you need to do something to keep it under control or the place could become completely unmanagable -- TC does not have this problem because of the small number of users.), but overall it's okay. Forums... we do not lack for forums. Especially hidden ones. Sure, they are never used, but they're there... :)

Rockstar, Sony, and Wal*Mart Sued - alien space marine - 19th October 2004

Dark Jaguar Wrote:ASM, it's a matter of what people have earned I guess.

Here, MOST people are decent human beings. The need for extreme rules is pretty much not needed.

At Battle.net, MOST people are pond scum. As such, since they won't act like decent human beings on their own, it has to be forced. You have just described stuff that proves how stupid most of them are. I'm all for the amount of rules they have there. I have been there for a long time and not once been banned, because I obey their pretty simple rules. Don't insult people, don't stray off topic, that's pretty much it. Considering it's a company web site, and the reason they made it is to get feedback on their games so they can improve them (everything else is secondary), plus considering the sheer amount of idiots likely to join, they kinda need those rules. If you got banned, well, sorry to say, you deserved it. Seriously, such a 'debate" is something you should obviously not get involved in, and abusive language is also something obvious. Common sense please, do you REALLY need these things spelled out for you? Just be polite.

Yah! DJ just be polite!

The hole Issue with warbucket , I waisnt there when it happend. but you got to admit "please die" is pretty mild, he didnt say anymore then that according to him . There is alot worse people there in great numbers its not right he gets baned for such a minor thing and he waisnt even a troll he ran a fansite warbucket.com gave lots of imput & feedback he also helped other players asking for help he told off a troll and that jerk whines off to the mod .It waisnt just the forum it was his beta account that was at stake .

As for myself, B.net forum is a freaking circus its hard to keep your cool when there is so many people are badly behaved they get on your nerves and you lose yourself when you just wanted to have fun discussing the game or gaming in general.In some ways I am glad I was baned because the place was going too the pits,If it had been any regular forum I probaily wouldnt have been baned but since the mods were getting fustrated they went to more extreme lenght to keep control and some people got caught inbetween like myself.

Trust me DJ you would have baned inevitably yourself Unless you could honnestly not ever call someone a 5 year old or have the self control to avoid the flood of flame wars never went off topic or sliped up.If you werent ban its because you dont go there frequeintly enough, I went a hole year myself but its when I started to go everyday that it finally happend I guess I got to involved in it cared to much.

The mods were cheered at the begining but then they went to far after a while, Then suddenly newbies were baned on their first post because so many would start off saying " HI" without much text they called it spam isnt that being a little overzealous? !! They even made a post saying if you made less then 3 words in a post you would be baned. Thats not even part of their EULA its like that mod redifined the rules in his own perception.

I just was sad that I couldnt see my Icon that I worked so hard to get and I couldnt no longer give my own feedback anymore not just in warIII but WOW since non warcraft and Diablo cd keys could enter there.

Rockstar, Sony, and Wal*Mart Sued - OB1 - 19th October 2004

We should really have that TC reunion one of these days.

Though of course, since DJ never wants to be seen or heard, and Brian is also afraid of showing himself in public, it might not be as "exciting" as we would like it to be. But still!--it would be great.

Rockstar, Sony, and Wal*Mart Sued - Dark Jaguar - 19th October 2004

Actually, I've been there for a while now, making suggestions, always being polite, and NO I never joined the flame wars or ever even went further if someone was being immature. It's EASY, I just couldn't seem to do that here for some reason... From all you describe, it all sounds perfectly legitimate. I still go there in fact, never once been banned because I go there with one singular purpose, suggesting things to Blizzard.

Rockstar, Sony, and Wal*Mart Sued - alien space marine - 22nd October 2004

Dark Jaguar Wrote:Actually, I've been there for a while now, making suggestions, always being polite, and NO I never joined the flame wars or ever even went further if someone was being immature. It's EASY, I just couldn't seem to do that here for some reason... From all you describe, it all sounds perfectly legitimate. I still go there in fact, never once been banned because I go there with one singular purpose, suggesting things to Blizzard.

I had been on the forum since warcraft III started on day one, I defended blizzard year after year despite the overly critical bastards who treat blizzard like its microsoft or some evil empire because the patch isnt coming fast enough or complaining that they have to pay for TFT and "blizzard rip us "BS,So many of them say they dont even play the game anymore but still post in the forum just to give everyone else hell who still does and likes it.The forum became so neagotive it was just a mob often If I had somthing better to do at that time I would have done it and avoid getting too emotionaly involved , Warcraft III in TFT needed alot of fixing so it was not so playable somtimes.
Things would be better now that WOW shifted attention away and less people post in Warcraft III forums.

I loved blizzard so much for so many years played hours after hours I even went many nights without sleep couldnt stop thinking about warcraft orcs & humans went through the trouble of visiting the blizzard head quartres on my trip to california for my uncles wedding a few years ago in 1999, Of course they dont give tours I found that out but they were still generous they gave me a poster and answered a few questions,That lifesize Diablo was cool. I felt betrayed by that Ban and still I forgave it since then one who did it didnt know me or my history.

DJ you got more places to go and more to do then myself,I was a hardcore fan to the point at one time Blizzard was my homepage on my broswer I checked once a day if not more somtimes, I bought the official Blizzard art sketch Book made fan art after examining it and tracing over it .I own a starcraft action figure and I got 3 warcraft papper back novels, You could call me a blizzard freak and I still am. I posted in warcraft III forum like you do mostly but I got to sucked into everything else in it,The only way you could do it without ever risking getting slaped is socializing as little as possible in ungame related things and not getting too caught up with 50% of those posts and so be self restrictive on yourself to prevent you from getting to involved with the forum so much and not the game.

I post in the starcraft forum which has less traffic less moderation with the SC cdkey,Everything is going fine its just a better atmosphere the only people who post are mostly veteran SC players who usually have a much wiser look on the game, So there is no reason to argue.

It allows me to post in the warcraft III forum I gave feedback again for months and still can now, Its just I cant post in WOW forum or see my Icon.
I tried and begged for forgiveness but their policy is that all decisions are final regardless, It would be better if they just suspended you for a month for minor things and only baned like this for repeat offenders or serious board spam trashers.At one time blizzard suspended peoples accounts for a month after hacking and not a full ban ( I did not hack never been baned off B.Net itself) but many repeated again and their policy on everything grew more severe and less forgiving ,In regards to hacking its understandable since so many are scum who dont give shit about anything and are selfish always cheat and lie,But in the forum it waisnt necesarry to go to that extent for the most minor things.

If TC was like that we would all be baned right now even Ryan *if he didnt own it*.