Tendo City
Curse you, gun cotrol laws!! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Curse you, gun cotrol laws!! (/showthread.php?tid=227)

Curse you, gun cotrol laws!! - Great Rumbler - 8th February 2003

I found this site on the web that sells replicas of guns found in animes, some of them are simply incredible. Unfortunately due to American gun controls laws these guns cannot be sold in the US.

Here are some pics of some the better guns:

[Image: 01.jpg]

[Image: g_rai01.jpg]

[Image: g_cx_01.jpg]

[Image: g_ar01.jpg]

Eek

http://www.poseidon.co.jp

Curse you, gun cotrol laws!! - geoboy - 8th February 2003

Well, I can understand why they are outlawed. For starters, these fake guns would be obtanable by anyone. In other words, you don't need a license for a fake gun. Also, despite the gun being fake, it looks incredibly authentic. This means a fake gun can do everything a real gun can do except shoot bullets. It can be used to intimidate others and give the holder a false sense of power. I bet you could successfully rob a gas station with one of those. (By successful, I mean you'd be able to take control of people and get the money. You wouldn't neccessarily get away :) )

I have to admit, though, those babies look pretty sweet.

Curse you, gun cotrol laws!! - Laser Link - 8th February 2003

Eek Somebody is impressed with those. That's amazing!

Curse you, gun cotrol laws!! - Weltall - 8th February 2003

That last one looks pretty awesome... I bet it has enough kick to uproot a tree.

Curse you, gun cotrol laws!! - Laser Link - 8th February 2003

Bah, that's too normal. Nobody wants a NORMAl gun! :) The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ones are better. Those look like they could only be found in anime or a game.

Curse you, gun cotrol laws!! - Dark Jaguar - 8th February 2003

Haha, the first three look like the 16 bit generation's excuse for a light gun. Remember that stupidity? Making guns FAR too heavy for no good reason except show :D.

Curse you, gun cotrol laws!! - Fittisize - 8th February 2003

I agree with Weltall. Fourth one is indeed the coolest.

Curse you, gun cotrol laws!! - Laser Link - 9th February 2003

Yeah, they remind me of the Super Scope 6! Hahaha!

Curse you, gun cotrol laws!! - Nick Burns - 10th February 2003

GR, do you have a copy of those gunlaws, I'd like to see them. What I don't understand is that you can get pellet gun replicas, but you can't order a model replica. I've seen toy guns that look more real than that.

Curse you, gun cotrol laws!! - Great Rumbler - 10th February 2003

I don't have a copy of the law, but the website specifically says that the guns cannot be sold in the U.S. due to American gun control laws.

Curse you, gun cotrol laws!! - Dark Lord Neo - 10th February 2003

I wonder if they'd sell to Canada
Yeah right, to buy bullets here you need to show a liscence for the type of gun you are buying bullets for

Curse you, gun cotrol laws!! - Weltall - 10th February 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Great Rumbler
I don't have a copy of the law, but the website specifically says that the guns cannot be sold in the U.S. due to American gun control laws.

I think they're full of it. To my knowledge there's nothing illegal about replica guns, even if they CAN be used to fool people. So far as I know, the only restriction on the matter is that they have to have orange-colored tips... and even that might not be necessary. I have no clue why they would state that, but I'd ask them for a copy of the law, because it doesn't sound right to me.

Curse you, gun cotrol laws!! - Dark Jaguar - 11th February 2003

That WOULD explain why at some point all the light guns for the NES were made orange... No wait, that doesn't explain it at all because both the Super Scope and the Blaster Master (or whatever the gun for the Genesis was called) were gray. Those silly guns, the size of bazookas (and one with about a million customizable options), but with no fathomable reason why they should be like that.