Tendo City
ADV, Geneon, and Funimation come together to form a giant robot that distribute anime - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: ADV, Geneon, and Funimation come together to form a giant robot that distribute anime (/showthread.php?tid=2265)

ADV, Geneon, and Funimation come together to form a giant robot that distribute anime - Great Rumbler - 5th October 2004

Or something like that.

Quote:CANNES, FRANCE October 5, 2004 - The three largest producers and distributors of Anime in America - ADV Films, Inc., Funimation Productions LTD and Geneon Entertainment (USA) Inc. - announced plans to form a joint venture for the development and marketing of Anime. The announcement was made here today at MIPCOM by John Ledford, CEO and President, ADV Films, Kevin Corcoran, Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer, ADV Films; Gen Fukunaga, President, Funimation Productions LTD, Daniel Cocanougher, Vice President; Funimation Productions LTD; Yosuke Kobayashi, President and CEO, Geneon Entertainment (USA) Inc. and Hideki Goto, Vice President, Business Development, Geneon Entertainment (USA) Inc.

The new joint venture will focus on developing high quality entertainment series primarily targeted to children and young adults, where the team can best maximize their respective resources, talent and expertise.

The synergy of these companies is impressive as together they reach 70 percent of the Anime home video market in the United States.

Geneon Entertainment (USA) Inc. (http://www.Geneon-ent.com) is a full-service producer and distributor of entertainment content including film, music, animation and television shows on VHS, DVD and CD. Headquartered in Long Beach, California, Geneon Entertainment's parent company is Tokyo-based advertising giant Dentsu Inc. and the company is best known as the distributor of the well-known Anime hits Pokemon and Akira.

Funimation (http://www.funimation.com) is a leading brand management company for Anime content and one of the nation's largest independent home video entertainment companies. Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, the company is best known for creating the blockbuster franchise "Dragonball Z" in the U.S.

ADV Films is a leading producer-distributor of Japanese animation ("anime") for the North American market and has also developed a leadership position in the UK. Headquartered in Houston, the company has also launched the Anime Network, first cable channel in North America dedicated to anime with access to thousand of hours of exciting, eye-catching serialized programming

This could be a very good things for anime, or it could turn into a huge disaster and all three companies wind up going bankrupt...well maybe not.

Synergy!

Anime News Network

ADV, Geneon, and Funimation come together to form a giant robot that distribute anime - Dark Jaguar - 5th October 2004

NNOOOOO! You said synergy! My brain is attempting to retreat into my stomach to escape my ears!

ADV, Geneon, and Funimation come together to form a giant robot that distribute anime - Great Rumbler - 5th October 2004

Quote:You said synergy!

So did you!

ADV, Geneon, and Funimation come together to form a giant robot that distribute anime - Dark Jaguar - 5th October 2004

....NOOOOOOOOO! *cuts tongue out*

Meflegur...

*regenerates tongue*

There!

Yay!

I'm going to need to work this new tongue in... *bakes a cake*

And you can't have any! *spills cake mix on ground*

.....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Synergy might have been an appropriate word to use if this was 1999 and had the word not been used to describe all those Dot-Com companies that went bankrupt a few years back.

Flooz!

.... Let's form proactive synergy restructuring teams!

...GET IT OFF ME!

ADV, Geneon, and Funimation come together to form a giant robot that distribute anime - Great Rumbler - 6th October 2004

We're going to conquer the world with SYNERGY!!!

Well...mabye not.

ADV, Geneon, and Funimation come together to form a giant robot that distribute anime - OB1 - 7th October 2004

At first glace it kinds looks like it says "Goemon".

Maybe that's because I'm always thinking of Goemon.

ADV, Geneon, and Funimation come together to form a giant robot that distribute anime - Great Rumbler - 7th October 2004

That's understandable since Goemon is so cool.

ADV, Geneon, and Funimation come together to form a giant robot that distribute anime - OB1 - 7th October 2004

Indeed.

Impactuu!

ADV, Geneon, and Funimation come together to form a giant robot that distribute anime - Great Rumbler - 8th October 2004

PLASMA!!!

ADV, Geneon, and Funimation come together to form a giant robot that distribute anime - OB1 - 8th October 2004

Califat!

ADV, Geneon, and Funimation come together to form a giant robot that distribute anime - Great Rumbler - 22nd February 2005

Well, as far as I can tell they haven't really done anything yet. I don't know if the deal fell in or what, but things haven't changed any since I posted this originally. I don't suppose anyone really cares though.