Tendo City
Passwords are Dead - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Passwords are Dead (/showthread.php?tid=2241)

Passwords are Dead - A Black Falcon - 24th September 2004

And a long deserved death too. (read: all DS carts will have save ram. No opting out anymore.)

http://ds.ign.com/articles/550/550120p1.html

Passwords are Dead - OB1 - 24th September 2004

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo!

Passwords are Dead - Dark Jaguar - 24th September 2004

Honestly, I don't have a SINGLE GBA game that uses passwords instead of battery saving. They ALL have save slots. What games are you GETTING anyway ABF? Are ya just picking up the bargain bin games made by fresh graduates of "how to make a game that sucks" acadamy or something?

Passwords are Dead - OB1 - 24th September 2004

Haha, yes he is.

Passwords are Dead - Geno - 24th September 2004

What do you mean no? Passwords were a bitch to keep up with. In this new age, every game should have a save feature.

Passwords are Dead - Dark Jaguar - 24th September 2004

No I think passwords are stupid too, I was just wondering what games ABF is playing on the GBA are using passwords. I am curiuos as to how this has been considered a "problem". I mean, even Sonic Advance has a save system, and of all the games I have, that was the one most likely not to have one.

Passwords are Dead - A Black Falcon - 25th September 2004

All of the GBA games I have have batteries as well, but if you read the reviews of GBA games on IGN you'd see that quite a few third party titles don't have them... and a great many of my third party GB and GBC games don't use batteries.

So even if I don't have any GBA games without batteries, there are plenty of them out there (and not just bad ones) and their demise is something to be celebrated. :)

Passwords are Dead - Dark Jaguar - 25th September 2004

Yes it's a good thing that people won't have a choice and all, but it's sorta irrelevent to me since all the games I get have them.

Oh and, yes I have a few GB games that have no save system, but those are GB games and have nothing to do with the eventual death of it (not like old GB games are even in print any more, except maybe in Japan).

Passwords are Dead - Great Rumbler - 25th September 2004

PASSWORD SAVE, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! WHY?! DEAR GOD, WHY?! WHY?! *cries* Why...why...*cries some more*

Okay, enough of that. New age of gaming, that's what this is. *throws away pad of paper full of numbers and letters in a symbolic gesture*

Passwords are Dead - OB1 - 27th September 2004

Hey that was my diary!!

Passwords are Dead - Great Rumbler - 27th September 2004

Oh, sorry. I thought it was just useless info.

Even the diagram showing each (active or semi-active) member of TC and who they have a crush on???

Are you kidding me? That thing was written in purple ink and it was covered in hearts!

That meant LOVE because those four letters were too much and drawing hearts is BETTER!!

Yeah whatever.

:gay2:

[Image: yourethehomo.jpg]

Passwords are Dead - Great Rumbler - 28th September 2004

Haha, your image doesn't work!

Passwords are Dead - Geno - 28th September 2004

Arthur: I had a diary once. It wasn't pretty.

Geno: That was diarrhea.

Arthur: Oh. That explains why his diary was two hard pieces of cardboard with lots of sheets of paper in between whereas mine was--

Geno: We don't wanna know.

Tammy: WILL YOU JUST SHUT THE HELL UP?! *passes out*

Passwords are Dead - OB1 - 28th September 2004

Great Rumbler Wrote:Haha, your image doesn't work!

Yeah well neither does yours! Take THAT!!

Passwords are Dead - Great Rumbler - 28th September 2004

GR: What are you talking about?

OB1: I'm talking about that image that you posted! It doesn't work!

Arthur: I saw a platypus once.

OB1: Oh yeah?! Well I read about a platypus in a book once!

GR: Are you sure it was book? Are you sure it wasn't NOTHING?

OB1: ...Oh yeah.

Tammy: WILL YOU GUYS SHUT UP?! I AM TRYING TO GET SOME SLEEP HERE BECAUSE I GOTTA GET UP A 3 IN THE MORNING TO GO TO WORK WHY YOU IDIOTS DON'T DO A SINGLE THING!!!

Passwords are Dead - OB1 - 28th September 2004

fhoot!