Tendo City
Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Who has the Zelda bonus disc? (/showthread.php?tid=223)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - The Former DMiller - 7th February 2003

I just got mine in the mail today. Master Quest is pretty cool. It's exactly the same as OoT except the dungeon puzzles are different which makes it a bit more challenging because I don't know exactly what to do everytime. It also has some cool preview videos but, unfortunately, nothing from Capcom. The F-Zero video is awesome.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - OB1 - 7th February 2003

Did you order it online? Because I pre-ordered WW at Babbages... :(

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - The Former DMiller - 7th February 2003

Yeah I ordered mine from EB Online.

Bah.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - A Black Falcon - 7th February 2003

I really have to preorder this... I REALLY want that bonus disk!

Make sure you put down at least $15 though. I just called my local Babbages to see if they got the bonus disc in yet and the guy told me that I need to put down $15 rather than the $5 that I put down in order to get the disc on the 16th (it's supposed to be the 14th). Idiots.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - EdenMaster - 7th February 2003

I'll be getting mine in a couple weeks, just like all my other non-online buyers. It's okay though. Right now I'm so friggin' immersed in Final Fantasy X that I probably won't even play OOT much till I beat FFX.

I wonder if I should try and stay away from all WW kiosks like I did with Metroid Prime and Fusion. Wait to play it until the game comes out.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - EdenMaster - 8th February 2003

You'd put yourself through that again? I remember you telling us you ran out of a store screaming because you wanted to play it so bad :).

I played that same demo too, and man, does it look sweet.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - Great Rumbler - 8th February 2003

I went to several places last night to see if anyone had the Zelda discs in yet, but most people just stared at me blankly when I asked if they were taking preorders for Zelda GC. :o

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - OB1 - 8th February 2003

Well Metroid was a much bigger deal for me than WW is. I mean before that I hadn't played a new Metroid game in eight years, and I didn't want to spoil anything. I've played four new Zelda games in the past eight years, so it's not as big of an issue. I really am looking forward to WW more than any other game this year though, so I think I might want to lay off the demos and experience it for the first time as soon as I buy it.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - Laser Link - 8th February 2003

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - big guy - 8th February 2003

my mom gave me money the other day because she pittied my broke college ass. so now i have enough money to pre-order zelda for the bonus disk...but don't yet have the money for the actual game when it's released...

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - Darunia - 8th February 2003

Must...preorder...Zelda...

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - -_____- - 8th February 2003

After reading this thread, I checked the date, AND ALMOST SHIT MY PANTS. I lost track of time, so i went straight out and pre-ordered my zelda!! they said they dont get their OoT cds till the 16th though. blah.Bounce

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - Dark Jaguar - 8th February 2003

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - A Black Falcon - 9th February 2003

I'll probably end up preordering it the first week of spring break... its before the preorder offer runs out and is MUCH easier then for me to get to a store to preorder it at...

This'll be the first game I've ever preordered... I won't be able to pick it up the day it comes out, though, because school will have started again. Oh well... it'll still get to me. And without a TV getting it to me right then isn't as important... :(

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - Dark Jaguar - 9th February 2003

It's the first game I've ever preordered too. It's also the first time there's been a decent reason TO preorder.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - MgL - 9th February 2003

Is the video quality of the game previews good? I had the GC preview DVD from a few months ago and the quality was suck ass (played it in my PS2 if it matters that you know...). It was real ugly and blurry. I think Nintendo should do something like the preorder deal with it's other titles. If not including old games then at least including a small demo disc as with video previews as a gift for preodering. Btw, is my second time I have preodered. The first time was for Zelda:OoT.

I hope with the next Zelda game they include Majora's Mask because I never got a chance to play it. :(

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - The Former DMiller - 9th February 2003

Video quality was fine. I've watched the F-Zero video 5 times already. :D

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - Laser Link - 9th February 2003

ABF, when is your spring break? I had originally thought that you could pre-order up until March 23 and get the disc, but now IGNCube says different. They say you have until about March 16, and after that it's too late. Check their latest mailbag if you want more info. You don't want to miss this.

Spring break? March 16th is right in the middle of it... the first week of break is before the 16th so I'll do it then.

The only annoying thing is, as I said, school starts again on the 24th -- so I can't get the game that day... we'll see how that works out, I don't know yet.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - OB1 - 9th February 2003

Nintendo should also pack in demo discs with issues of Nintendo Power.

But that's just crazy talk. Nintendo would never do something smart like that. It could actually be good for marketing!

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - Laser Link - 9th February 2003

ABF, are you on the quarter system? I miss those days. 3 quarters was better than 2 semesters.

Semesters... highschool had quarters, but college has semesters.

A few months ago the Nintendo Power issue came with a DVD of game trailers... a good start, but not enough. Not a demodisk, unfortunately. That's another thing Nintendo needs to smarten up about...

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - OB1 - 9th February 2003

They'll probably smarten up and start releasing demo discs.

In about ten years or so.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - Sacred Jellybean - 10th February 2003

*dances* The crappy small tourist trap video game shop at my local train station has it in! I'm going to go pick it up tonight!

Who'da thought... they actually had the courtesy to CALL me and tell me that its in. :love:

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - OB1 - 10th February 2003

You reserved Zelda at a video game store in a train station?

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - Dark Lord Neo - 10th February 2003

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
You reserved Zelda at a video game store in a train station?

I'm reserving it at a grocery store

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - OB1 - 10th February 2003

Why?

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - Sacred Jellybean - 10th February 2003

Quote:You reserved Zelda at a video game store in a train station?

Damn straight... no less than a week or two ago, I discovered it, and it happens to be the closest video shop to me (around 4 blocks). I pre-ordered Zelda there, and they've proved to be just as reliable as GameStop.

OoT is still fun... I started a new game on the normal mode, but I think I'm gonna start a new game with the "Master Quest". For some dungeons, though, I may not even be able to tell the difference...

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - Laser Link - 10th February 2003

ABF- You get 2 weeks for Spring Break? Wow! That's why I thought you were on the quarter system, because the end of the quarter seems to be right around then and I always got 2 weeks off in between quarters at my other college.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - The Former DMiller - 10th February 2003

Man, I thought the changes in the first dungeon weren't much, but you really notice the changes in the second dungeon. You take an entirely different path and the puzzles are totally different. I actually got stuck at one part for a while. Master Quest is cool. Yeah, too bad some of you have to wait for another week. ;)

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - A Black Falcon - 11th February 2003

Yeah, 2 weeks for spring break... but we don't get any other real breaks during the semester. The fall one has a couple of breaks that are shorter... Between the semesters, (well this year and last year anyway) we got 4 weeks off... yeah, a month. Do most colleges have that much time between semesters?

Oh... EB is the best gaming store. I'm sure I've spent more money there than anywhere... their prices are usually lower than Software ETC/Gamestop and Best Buy... they also have a good selection. Gamestop only has one advantage -- their far, far larger selection of older games... for PC, anyway. Both have pretty good used console sections.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - Laser Link - 11th February 2003

The only breaks I have during school are Wednesday-Friday off for Thanksgiving and a week for Spring Break. Well, I guess there is the occasional holiday, but they avoid those as much as possible too. But I did get 4 weeks off for Christmas too. That's the one big improvement over the college quarter system: you only got 2 weeks for Christmas break.

Oh yeah, Zelda! I need to call my store sometime and find out if they ever got the pre-order in.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - Dark Jaguar - 14th February 2003

I gots me that preorder disk today. Turns out they had it in for a while but didn't bother to contact me, which makes me wonder why I even gave them my phone number (weird how I'd hand out my number to some strangers just because they asked for it in a store setting...). Anyway, I've been playing the original, and so far have only set up a Master Quest save file. The FMVs are indeed very nice bonuses. I also think the selection menu is, well, spiffy enough anyway with the song. I think the LTTP/Four Sword selection menu was far spiffier though. Anyway, Software Etc. tossed in a player's guide that seems VERY familiar... (actually it seems all the Gamestop places do this). Oh right! This is the EXACT SAME guide I got for Christmas when I got N64 OOT! Oh no, not quite, its now got a Gamecube logo on there instead :D. Not a single thing about Master Quest and all the pics are from the N64 version, but oh well since I didn't plan on using this anyway. So, now I'm off to play this goodness when I can until Wind Waker.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - -_____- - 14th February 2003

I got mine yesterday. I'm on my way to the mountain after getting sarias song. god i loved/love this game.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - Laser Link - 14th February 2003

I also picked mine up today. They probably had it for a while, but this was the first chance I had to get out and check. I played long enough to get into the Deku Tree, but that's all. I got the guide too, and it's scary. When I got OoT the first time, my friends gave me a guide for it. I hated that thing! I hid it in my closet but it continually tempted me everytime I was stuck. And now I got another! It's a curse!

The videos were cool, but they all looked like blurry N64 games to me. I don't know if it's the compression or my tv. Likely the tv, since even the Nintendo logo at the beginning was all fuzzy. With my luck the thing will go out completely on March 23, just like the screen turned bright red in the middle of November 2001. Gah.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - Dark Lord Neo - 14th February 2003

I'm going to go pre-order it tommorow when I go to see Daredevil, hopefuly EB will have the disk

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - Nintendarse - 15th February 2003

After several calls and store visits in vain, I finally found the right person that knew what I was talking about. This guy at FYE knew what I was talking about, but made me explain the disc in detail so he wouldn't waste the time for trip to the storage room and the annoying preorder process. He was obviously annoyed that he had to complete this task, so I apologized for the inconvenience. As a result, I have the Master Quest disk and now the promotional box filled with Master Quest discs is out at the sales desk. Double Score!

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - OB1 - 15th February 2003

Well they finally got it here in Fart Collins. I'll go get it later.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - EdenMaster - 15th February 2003

I got it today, and I can tell the sharper graphics, I'll start playing more tonight.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - Sacred Jellybean - 15th February 2003

Quote:Anyway, I had heard that MM was also being ported to N64

Why would Nintendo port a game to the system it originally came out for? ;)

I get you, and I hope you're right, as I've never had the chance to play Zelda: MM... I hear its challenging as hell, too, so I'd love to try it.

I haven't had much time to play Zelda: OoT, but in the time I did, I felt a nice sweep of nostalgia... I played until the Deku Tree, but I think I'm gonna start on the Master Quest, instead. That should be good, clean fun.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - EdenMaster - 15th February 2003

I seem to be the only person in the world who thinks Majoras Mask was a steaming pile of dog crap. I retain my opinion though.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - Dark Jaguar - 15th February 2003

You are not you wanna be loner :D. A Black Falcon agrees with you. Of course, I do not.

Anyway, hahaha, I didn't realize I did that, but I often make that very mistake when talking about ports :D.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - A Black Falcon - 15th February 2003

Yeah, MM was very dissapointing... I wanted to like it, but just couldn't. Great graphics, for the system? Yes... more stuff to do in the world than OoT? Yeah... but it was so frusterating and annoying that I just couldn't like it. I can't take games that do stuff like that... between the infuriating save system, awful 3-day cycle which led to doing the same things over and over every time I had to reset time, to having to hurry through the world because I couldn't stop because I knew time was ticking away... that was the worst part. By far. Knowing that the game would have been so great if I didn't have to deal with a terrible save system and the fact taht you only get 2 hours before you have to start all over... it was awful. And a lot of the game was fun, too... but it was one of the most frusterating and annoying games there is. I'm amazed that I managed to keep playing it all the way almost to the 4th dungeon... I don't know why I kept playing after so much frusteration and annpyance...

Oh, and while the notebook with stuff to do for people was a good idea, it too was made irritating by the timing... having to be in place X at exactly time Y to get things done... not fun, a lot of the time...

Oh, and did I mention having to rush through dungeons (and use a FAQ) just so that I wouldn't run out of time and have to start them all over?

I HATE TIMED GAMES!

It was a problem in Pikmin, too... annoying...

So you hate timed games in general then. That does make more sense then I guess. I suppose you've never touched time trial modes in racing games then, or ever liked it when a game says "5 minutes until detonation". Well, to each their own. To be honest time is a great challenge creator in my opinion. It's in fact a good favorite of mine. What I hate is randomness as a challenge creator. It's one thing when it's like you not knowing what attack an enemy will use. That's fine randomness. What I hate is slot machine style randomness, where you skill is taken completely out of the picture.

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - A Black Falcon - 15th February 2003

No... there is a big difference between timetrial, a timed area like that, or a racing game with a timelimit like most arcade racers and time like its used in Pikmin and Zelda MM... a BIG difference. I don't see how you could compare those...

Who has the Zelda bonus disc? - lazyfatbum - 15th February 2003

Because as far as I can tell, it's the same except for scale. Both are things where you fail and must restart if you don't do it in time. The difference is that in the case of something like MM, it's on a global scale. I'm not sure what you're seeing that's so wrong about it now though. Now I'm as confused as before. What's the problem with a time limit on the game if time trials aren't the problem? I mean, seriously, you can save WHENEVER you want for one. For another matter, I don't see how you can be progressing so slowly that you actually need to do stuff more than once so often. Really, there's more than enough time to go as far as you need to go in any "puzzle chain" that you never need to actually go back and do it again. Once you get the important item, you don't need to go back and do it again you know. Oh, and not having the people doing stuff at set times would REALLY ruin the game for me. I mean, if they do it whenever you happen to show up, it's exactly like any trading quest. You don't need to wait anyway, you can try and rush as much as you can into that time between now and when that person needs your help. Just thinking about it makes me want to play it again BECAUSE of the limits time puts on you. I mean, really, that is what makes the game fun! I just don't see how someone could NOT enjoy that.

However, rant mode off. To each their own I suppose.