Tendo City
Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe (/showthread.php?tid=2207)

Pages: 1 2 3

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - Great Rumbler - 28th September 2004

Of course here it's nothing compared to in other countries like Honk Kong. It's crazy over there how prevalent pirated stuff is.

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - OB1 - 28th September 2004

Yes, the main problem being that people don't care how shitty the quality of a pirate vcd is. HK and South Korea have huge piracy problems.

Oh and every moron who thinks that Lucas has no right to change his movies should read this excellent article: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/commentary/?id=1477&p=.htm

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - Great Rumbler - 28th September 2004

I read that article the other day and it's right on target. Lucas owns the rights to those movies and he spent 10 YEARS of his life making them and endured all kinds of hardship to get them made the way he wanted them to be made. The Star Wars movies are still the same movies as they were 20 years ago, only now they've been slightly touched up with some CG scenes. No scenes have been taken out, only maybe 1 has been edited [Han vs. Gredo scene], and only a few, mainly set-up shots, have been added and none alter the story, the characters in any way. I fail to see how that can somehow "ruin" your childhood. The movies are still the same movies you saw 20 years ago, GET OVER IT. If anything, the movies have been improved upon...

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - OB1 - 28th September 2004

The thing is, even if he did do something stupid like put digital tutus on all of the characters, it'd still be his right and there's nothing we could do about it. They're his damn movies and none of us have the right to demand any sort of change. And being assholes about it certainly won't get what they want.

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - Dark Jaguar - 28th September 2004

Yeah, it's his right to do whatever he wants to it. If the changes are bad, you bet we have the right to COMPLAIN, and the people shall, but we can hardly demand anything, and to take the next step as some are doing and claim it's actually public property is just plain stupid. Where did people get that idea? Anyway, honestly if they CGd the whole frickin' movie but it still looked great and Darth Vader still chops off Luke's hand and Luke is all "No, that's impossible!" about finding out his herritages, then whatever.

If these people are still convinced "a great wrong has been done", whatever, they can be upset about the changes and complain, but they have to remember, they CAN just watch the old tapes they CERTAINLY have back at home sitting on their VCR.

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - A Black Falcon - 29th September 2004

Yeah, it's private property, but people who dislike it have a right to complain... they can't do anything about it, but they can complain. They become wrong once they start to say that he can't do that because it's "our" Star Wars or something... and as that article says that doesn't make sense. And anyway, with this version his additions are GOOD! :)

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - Dark Jaguar - 29th September 2004

One thing must be conceded, Lucas is missing out on a gold mine, and not exactly catering to a large amount of the fanbase, by not just releasing unaltered originals on DVD. That's bad business. His choice, but bad business none-the-less. He could do ONE tiny thing to spite them in the process, release the ORIGINAL original Star Wars, the one without the subtitle or number. (I can't believe I know about that...)

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - OB1 - 29th September 2004

Well that's just it--it's not all about the money with Lucas. Yes he could make tons of money by releasing the O-OT on dvd, but his artistic vision is more important to him.

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - A Black Falcon - 29th September 2004

Quote:Well that's just it--it's not all about the money with Lucas. Yes he could make tons of money by releasing the O-OT on dvd, but his artistic vision is more important to him.

Hmm... I'm not so sure about that. I think that most of the fans who are complaining probably would have bought it anyway... so he's not missing out on much cash, I am sure.

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - OB1 - 29th September 2004

Are you kidding me? He could have easily released the O-OT at the same time as the SE-SE's and made even more money.

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - Dark Jaguar - 29th September 2004

A good business person gives the people what they want.

Allow me to put it this way. What if Nintendo, instead of releasing our beloved Fire Emblem series in it's entirety here, had decided to only release it in Japan, except for maybe like one of the games? Well, that would be stupid of them and not exactly an attempt to please the fans now wouldn't it?

You're looking at this as Lucas as a businessman rather than Lucas as an artist. Lucas as an artist can afford to lose out on a few extra million by not releasing what he considers unfinished work. Believe it or not, some successful artists in this world actually have artistic integrity. :)

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - Great Rumbler - 30th September 2004

If you've seen the documentary Empire of Dreams you'll know that Lucas never wanted to be business, even though that's what he's become. He just wants to make movies the way he wants to make them without studio interference.

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - Dark Jaguar - 30th September 2004

Um, okay then... Well guess what, he's a business now and he sure has been catering to it. *looks at all those action figures Lucas must have approved the creation of, and that weird Star Wars cartoon, and that kid's movie full of those bear creatures that aren't ewoks but some other name I forget*

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - OB1 - 30th September 2004

Hey he's not dumb. But his art comes first. Which is why there is no O-OT on dvd.

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - alien space marine - 1st October 2004

The whiners need to fuck themselves "very very very" hard!

I saw all the starwars movies when I was little 4-5 year old and was amazed narcotically addicted to them , Ive seen them over and over 20X if not more by now. Having the new improvements was the only reason besides the extras for me to be motivated to see the films again and buy the DVD release, The DVDs are still selling good despite the fascist ass holes rhetoric.

If you saw the documentary empire of dreams , You would see that George Lucas had invisioned alot more then he was abled to complete production on the films original releases, Because of time and techological constraints.
If these additions were in the original 1977,1980,1983 theatrical release people wouldnt be bitching about it now , But they werent! Lucas wanted them to be in it and if it waisnt for him starwars would not exist at all neither would any films or film makers inspired by starwars exist, James Cameron,Ridely scott,Peter Jackson . None of that FX technology would exist or atleast we would be years behind what we have now if it were not for Lucas giant leap of faith.

People are angry about Hayden Christensen being in ROTJ for crying out loud ! geebus!To me this is evidence of hatred of the new prequeils. The Change makes sense how could Anakin visualize himself as a Ghost in a appearence he never had? He might also go for his younger look since it was were better times existed in his memmory.

Somthing I have to add is that I noticed that the dvds came in Silver and Bronze coloring does that mean a Gold edition of the dvds awaits us?With those deleted scenes and other wanted materials?

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - Dark Lord Neo - 2nd October 2004

I wish they'd just left the origional Anakin in, that's the only thing I didn't like.
Lucas says it's cause that's how Anakin looked like when Anakin died, but he redeemed himself right before the death of his body by saving Luke. So I think that he should look like how he would have looked if he had been the 40+ year old man if he hadn't been burned, that's what he should have looked like.

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - Dark Jaguar - 2nd October 2004

It came in silver and GOLD asm, that's a GOLD case, not bronze!

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - Great Rumbler - 2nd October 2004

It's not silver. It's PLATINUM!

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - alien space marine - 2nd October 2004

Dark Jaguar Wrote:It came in silver and GOLD asm, that's a GOLD case, not bronze!
Quote:It's not silver. It's PLATINUM!

I thought it was gold at first , I guess it was gold afterall since Brozne would have been a little darker and crappier looking. I will look it up online.

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - Dark Jaguar - 2nd October 2004

PLATINUM!

Is that even a color?

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - alien space marine - 2nd October 2004

Dark Jaguar Wrote:PLATINUM!

Is that even a color?

Platinum is almost the same color as a Pearl , It is a real color since here is the proof . ----------------> http://videoeta.com/news/1641

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - A Black Falcon - 3rd October 2004

Platinum is a color pretty much the same as silver...

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - OB1 - 4th October 2004

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - lazyfatbum - 6th March 2005

I hate it, i miss the Ewok theme. It was genius; not only a completely new style of music but the lyrics are from a language that doesn't exist. It added fun to the ending as well, which is alot better than a too-long goodbye

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - Weltall - 6th March 2005

A Black Falcon Wrote:Platinum is a color pretty much the same as silver...

Platinum is brighter than silver.

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - Great Rumbler - 6th March 2005

And more valuable.

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - A Black Falcon - 6th March 2005

The Ewok Song was great, definitely. The new ending is more 'respectable', but not really better...

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - OB1 - 6th March 2005

The old theme sounds like something you'd hear at the Ewok's picnic party on saturday. The new theme sounds like it's the ending of one of the most epic film series of all-time.

So yeah I like the new ending theme a whole lot more.

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - Great Rumbler - 6th March 2005

I thought that the new ending was more appropriate as the Empire oppressed a lot of people on a lot of different worlds and the new ending reflected that. There were more people happy about the news than just the Ewoks and the rebels. Plus, the new song just sounded better.

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - A Black Falcon - 8th March 2005

Oh, the old song is definitely more appropriate for the ending of a great sci-fi saga, but the old one... I liked it, it was funny, they made a bunch of jokes relating to it in the books... :)

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - OB1 - 8th March 2005

Quote:Oh, the old song is definitely more appropriate for the ending of a great sci-fi saga, but the old one... I liked it, it was funny, they made a bunch of jokes relating to it in the books...

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1282&stc=1]

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - A Black Falcon - 8th March 2005

The new song was a better ending for the whole series, but the old one was a better ending for RotJ.

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - OB1 - 8th March 2005

I know what you meant. :p

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - Great Rumbler - 10th March 2005

Funny? Isn't that like the exact opposite of what the end of the final movie of the greatest sci-fi, space-opera epic ever created should be?

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - OB1 - 10th March 2005

I think so.

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - Great Rumbler - 10th March 2005

As do I.

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - OB1 - 10th March 2005

But nostalgia is a powerful thing.

It certainly is, but I grew up with the same ending as ABF and I still think the new one is better. In fact, I like most of the changes that Lucas made to the OT, barring of course the Greedo shoots first thing, which was kind of pointless and just looked out of place anyway. That's another story, though.

They made it look normal now, though. And I understand the change, even if I personally think that it wasn't really needed. But it's not my movie.

Yeah, it looks better now, but not quite perfect. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal.

It looks good enough.

Well that's not good enough!!

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - Dark Jaguar - 10th March 2005

*plays Saria's Song to end the grand story of Ocarina of Time*

Well, it's kinda the same thing, but Saria's song bled into a much more dramatic song.

But Saria's song was fitting. The old Ewok song was kind of anticlimactic.

Man... Star Wars fans are the biggest assholes in the universe - Dark Jaguar - 10th March 2005

yeah... I'm just saiyan...

And I'm a Super Saiyan!

*badum psshhh!*

[Image: _muppets-animal%202.jpg]

I'll be here all night, folks!

:shake:

Hey she said "saiyan".

You would have done the same!

Super