Tendo City
Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex (/showthread.php?tid=2198)

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - Great Rumbler - 5th September 2004

It's a series that's kind of like the movie except without all the stuff that makes your brain hurt. The Standalone Complex is more of a cop show, with an emphasis on action and hunting down criminals rather than complex quasi-intellectual sci-fi stuff. Also, it has some of the best animation I've in an animes series to date, beating out even Last Exile, which looks incredible. The first volume is out right now, so go and buy it because you know you want to.

Btw, it has music done by Yoko Kanno, who did the music for Cowboy Bebop.

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - OB1 - 6th September 2004

Yeah I rented vol. 1 and copied it, but I haven't gotten around to watching any episodes yet. Love the title theme.

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - Great Rumbler - 6th September 2004

It's pretty good so far, though some people complained that the Standalone episodes [ones not part of the main storyline called the Complex episodes] took away from the series.

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - OB1 - 7th September 2004

Well those people are babies. It makes a series more rewatchable, like Bebop.

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - Great Rumbler - 7th September 2004

Quote:like Bebop.

Or Trigun.

I like to have a good story in a series, but that doesn't mean every single episode has to be devoted to it.

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - OB1 - 7th September 2004

Yeah that's how The X-Files worked. Most episodes were stand-alones, but there were also mythology arcs throughout.

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - Sacred Jellybean - 7th September 2004

How do ghosts have shells?? That doesn't make any sense!

Well, unless they're hermit crab ghosts, of course... I guess that makes sense.

But wait! If the cops are hermit crabs, then how are they supposed to grip the guns in those claws? What do they do, duct tape the guns there? Then how do they pull the triggers?! You said this wasn't supposed to hurt my head!

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - OB1 - 8th September 2004

Actually they're the Ninja Turtles after they die.

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - Great Rumbler - 8th September 2004

It's not a real ghost, per se, it's a variation of the term "ghost in the machine" which is used to describe strange phenomenon in dealing with computers and artificial intelligence. *watched I, Robot*

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - A Black Falcon - 11th September 2004

That show is cool, but pretty confusing...

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - Great Rumbler - 11th September 2004

Ghost in the Shell? Yeah, it can be at times, the series isn't so much though.

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - UltraMarioMan - 12th September 2004

I think Adult Swim hinted they're going to be showing this soon during a commercial last night. (I saw it during Trigun) It had random clips of the various action Animes they show. (Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Trigun) And at the end there were several fast clips of this. Why would they just throw that in during clips of animes they currently show...

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - Great Rumbler - 12th September 2004

Quote:Why would they just throw that in during clips of animes they currently show...

That's just the way they are.

If I remember right, it's supposed to start showing on AS sometimes in November.

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - UltraMarioMan - 12th September 2004

Woo free anime...er free legal anime anyway... *Looks at his cable modem* *Whistles innocently*