Tendo City
Is it me or... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Is it me or... (/showthread.php?tid=2184)

Is it me or... - Dark Jaguar - 31st August 2004

Has http://www.bobandgeorge.com recently been stealing Family Guy jokes left and right? Yes, they ARE funny, but mainly because we end up thinking of those classic scenes..

Hey I just got this crazy idea! *jams hand in waffle iron and screams*

....Hey I just got another crazy idea! What if we made a sprite based comic? Oh right...

Shut up!

Is it me or... - Private Hudson - 31st August 2004

I don't get it.

Is it me or... - Great Rumbler - 1st September 2004

Family Guy jokes are ALWAYS funny.

Is it me or... - Geno - 1st September 2004

An excessive amount of borrowed jokes gets annoying though. Bob & George, from what I hear, has been leeching off of Family Guy lately. (I wouldn't know since I haven't read B&G in over a year.) The thing I liked about the old B&Gs was that the jokes were original and still funny.

Is it me or... - OB1 - 1st September 2004

Well GR often takes stuff from ATHF for his comics... and it's funny... and DJ frequently quotes Adult Swim shows.

Well, my friends find it annoying when I constantly quote South Park. Meh, screw those guys, I don't even like them.

Yeah those guys are jerk faces.

I just heard that Sean, who had been an avid South Park hater for years, now likes South Park. I wouldn't know, though, since I only talk to him in our AIM chat rooms these days. We hate each other enough to wish death upon each other. Not healthy, I know.

That's a pretty awesome friend.

Those guys are mailbox-heads.

Those guys are mailbox-heads.

Pfshyeah!

Pfshyeah!

Wait what?

Is it me or... - Private Hudson - 1st September 2004

I think only about 1 in 5 Family Guy jokes are funny.

Is it me or... - EdenMaster - 1st September 2004

I've read Bob and George for nearly two years now and the Family Guy jokes don't bother me. I don't understand why they bother people so much.

Mega Man is still stupid.
N4-TE is still awesome.
Proto Man is still cool.
Dr Light is still an alcoholic.
Ran still confuses newbies. ("What game was he in???")

Isn't that, really, what B&G is all about?

Let Dave do what he wants with his own comic. If you don't like it, then don't read it ;)

Is it me or... - Dark Jaguar - 1st September 2004

Lemme guess, you actually browse the forums there? That statement reeks of someone who has seen this statement before many times, but in a more negative tone.

Honestly, I will never go into those forums. I've read enough of that guy's blurbs to know they care WAY too much about the storyline of a COMEDY. Dave needs to stop caring about explaining away plotholes. Those are the most boring LONG PARTS of the comic.

Yes, he does make it for free, and it's his, but I can still complain :D.

Oh, and yeah, I don't really mind the Family Guy jokes. It's just he's starting to use them as a crutch...

Is it me or... - OB1 - 2nd September 2004

And everybody knows that crutches are for blind people.

Eh? Who's with me??

Chuckle

Is it me or... - Great Rumbler - 2nd September 2004

But what do they use if they're blind AND they have no arms?

Is it me or... - OB1 - 2nd September 2004

Dunno

Dragged out in the back and get shot?

Is it me or... - Great Rumbler - 2nd September 2004

If only I could have severely crippling mental diseases like the children of Austria then I'd surely be King of the Midgets in Spain with a side order of fries you loonies!!

Is it me or... - EdenMaster - 2nd September 2004

Dark Jaguar Wrote:Lemme guess, you actually browse the forums there? That statement reeks of someone who has seen this statement before many times, but in a more negative tone.

I've been to the forums, but not for months. Not since all this arose.

I still think the comic is funny, with or without originality. Hell, he's probably used references in his comics that were inspired by things we've never even heard of.

"If you haven't seen it, it's new to you!"

Is it me or... - Dark Jaguar - 2nd September 2004

True enough, true enough, and it's probably just me, eh no matter...

.... You DO all know I was just once again plugging the comic with this thread anyway right?

GR: YES already!

DJ: Shut up!

Is it me or... - Bubsy_the_Bobcat - 2nd September 2004

Geno Wrote:Well, my friends find it annoying when I constantly quote South Park. Meh, screw those guys, I don't even like them.

You shouldn't talk to them if you don't like them. Sick relationships only bring you down.

Is it me or... - Dark Jaguar - 2nd September 2004

How deep, I almost feel like that justifies that disgusting hairball-on-a-rope you just coughed up on the floor a few seconds ago...

Is it me or... - Bubsy_the_Bobcat - 3rd September 2004

You saw that!? No one was supposed to see that! Oh, the humiliation! :crap:

Is it me or... - OB1 - 3rd September 2004

I love that smiley.

Is it me or... - Great Rumbler - 3rd September 2004

I make it a habit to only plug things I hate because otherwise it's just a waste of oxygen that we don't have for our cosmic journey to the stars with Howard Dean and the guy that invented Coca-Cola.

Is it me or... - EdenMaster - 4th September 2004

I thought Howard Dean DID invent Coca-Cola...

So then...who are YOU?!?!

Is it me or... - Great Rumbler - 4th September 2004

The guy that invented the knife that made the first sliced bread.

Is it me or... - Geno - 4th September 2004

I invented the concept of inventing!

Is it me or... - Great Rumbler - 5th September 2004

I invented magic.

Is it me or... - Dark Jaguar - 5th September 2004

Magic shmagic! I invented a super mega engine that absorbs all magical energy sent it's way and changes into... BASSNIUM! Nothing like dragging one of those to a wicken meeting to get some angry stares :D.

Is it me or... - Great Rumbler - 5th September 2004

Oh yeah?! Well I invented a magical prostetic hand that shoots lasers out of the cuticles and the thumb projects a reverse rainbow into the sky. Also the pinky doubles as house for tiny dwarves and their cats WHICH THEY EAT WITH THEIR HORRID LITTLE HANDS!!!

Is it me or... - EdenMaster - 5th September 2004

I've got a Swiss Army Knife.

Look, it's got little scissors.

Is it me or... - Geno - 6th September 2004

Mine has toothpaste and a remote control for the toilet, so I can flush even when I'm in Wisconsin.

Is it me or... - Great Rumbler - 6th September 2004

My swiss army knife has a laser-guides nosehair trimmer that doubles as a lawnmower. Oh yeah.